Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance (24049 Views)

Fowler’s Tenure Ends, Fate Hangs In The Balance / Osinbajo's Fate Hangs In The Balance - The Nation Newspaper / APC NEC Meeting: Oyegun's Fate Hangs On Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by Princedaniel: 6:59pm On Nov 17, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Ebonyi is PDP and PDP is Ebonyi, it won't change soon undecided

Ebonyi is apc. Not because of buhari or anybody, but because Umahi took over the entire PDP party structure. So everyone has to leave it for him. His brother is the vice chairman PDP South East. Another of his brother is the deputy chairman PDP Ebonyi state.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 17, 2017
Princedaniel:

Ebonyi is apc. Not because of buhari or anybody, but because Umahi took over the entire PDP party structure. So everyone has to leave it for him. His brother is the vice chairman PDP South East. Another of his brother is the deputy chairman PDP Ebonyi state.
Ebonyi voters aren't swayed, there vote personalities if he moves he may be commiting a huge political blunder, Senator Sonny Ogbuorji is waiting in the wings to take a shot at his job, plus he plans to make someone else the senator representing south district, he will need ton load of money to assuage the people and that I am not sure can be provided easily
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by Princedaniel: 7:10pm On Nov 17, 2017
ChiefPiiko:

Ebonyi voters aren't swayed, there vote personalities if he moves he may be commiting a huge political blunder, Senator Sonny Ogbuorji is waiting in the wings to take a shot at his job, plus he plans to make someone else the senator representing south district, he will need ton load of money to assuage the people and that I am not sure can be provided easily

Sen ogbuoji is not different from Umahi when it comes to electoral value. Apc is not picking him.

Their plan is engr Paul Okorie aka aksion/Chief Edeze. Though on low level for now.

Money is only used to garnish the process, it doesn't win elections in most part of Nigeria. Federal might wins elections, especially in Ebonyi. This is the reason Umahi is courting buhari at all cost.
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

If I had my way,

I'd scrap Ebonyi state or merge it back with Enugu and Abia states.

The move will firmly resisted.

Ebonyi was heavily marginalized by abia and enugu states. They are developing now on their own.

We should all respect our boundaries.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2017
kenonze:
Ebonyi is more on the news than any other SE state.
Enugu is the worst
Enugu state governor and his media team are very clueless.
Abia state hasnt been in the news as well except for IPoB matters.
Disgusting.
Imo is all about statues.

Enugu, no news, anambra and abia, ipob headquarters.

Seems only ebonyi state government is working in the SE at the moment.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by murphyibiam15(m): 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

If I had my way,

you're very funny oo... Ebonyi that is doing far ahead and better than Abia with bad roads and IMO state with a mad governor... shame on you

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 17, 2017
Princedaniel:

Sen ogbuoji is not different from Umahi when it comes to electoral value. Apc is not picking him.

Their plan is engr Paul Okorie aka aksion/Chief Edeze. Though on low level for now.

Money is only used to garnish the process, it doesn't win elections in most part of Nigeria. Federal might wins elections, especially in Ebonyi. This is the reason Umahi is courting buhari at all cost.
Someday not anytime soon, I will be a partisan politician but from what I know and I have experienced PDP is the only party on ground, my Oldman is an APC member and even his electoral value may not even do much in the community while I am non partisan, every month PDP executives get paid directly from the state purse members of Apc are languishing in hunger and are too ashamed to decamp

Umahi is a performer and he has worked wonders, I can understand his utterances because Abuja wields a lot of power and Umahis brother still has an ongoing EFCC case, PDP has the nos and enforcers to win neatly anyway and anytime, we play politics of the stomach in our state

All this names you called won't even win their local governments talk more of the state we can only continue to support the governor and wish him well

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2017
Princedaniel:

I don't know of paul okorie but edeze is much more popular than him. My dad worked with edeze when he was SEB chairman.
Edeze sabi distribute money ehnn. He'll just close his eyes and civil servants will enrich themselves for good while he does same. That's his style. For general good of ebonyians, i prefer dave.

Only those who have been in abakaliki since 1999, will appreciate the developmental strides and goodness dave has brought to ebonyi. 3 flyovers at once, neatness all over ebonyi, a new stadium, fresh roads and street lights, constant salary pay, he is the best governor ebonyi has had.

Egwu and elechi just looted. Dave may be looting, but in two years, has performed much farther than those other two. Edeze government will be chop make i chop, good for civilians to improve standard of living and wealth, but i prefer infrastructural outfit dave is offering.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by Uniquejames(m): 7:27pm On Nov 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

If I had my way,

u actually don't know what 'state' means. if ebonyi wasn't created as at 1996 I don't know what would have been the the lifestyle of people from the region

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2017
ChiefPiiko:

Someday not anytime soon, I will be a partisan politician but from what I know and I have experienced PDP is the only party on ground, my Oldman is an APC member and even his electoral value may not even do much in the community while I am non partisan, every month PDP executives get paid directly from the state purse members of Apc are languishing in hunger and are too ashamed to decamp

Umahi is a performer and he has worked wonders, I can understand his utterances because Abuja wields a lot of power and Umahis brother still has an ongoing EFCC case, PDP has the nos and enforcers to win neatly anyway and anytime, we play politics of the stomach in our state

All this names you called won't even win their local governments talk more of the state we can only continue to support the governor and wish him well

Anyone who thinks umahi won't win second term in 2019 is a dunce. He has never lost on any political ambition all his life. Dude is very ambitious, smart and tactical.

Look how he was able to lure Buhari to ebonyi, his first SE visit, if that is not Dave's influence what else is it.

Dave is winning second term, if he decamps to apc, federal might will be used to reelect him by rigging, if he remains in pdp and retains the structure, he can still fight to victory if he uses enough state funds.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 17, 2017
Uniquejames:

u actually don't know what 'state' means. if ebonyi wasn't created as at 1996 I don't know what would have been the the lifestyle of people from the region

Ebonyi is really better off as a separate state. They wouldn't have developed this far if they had remained under abia and enugu states.

Don't mind nwaamaikpe, he's just a troll and online nuisance.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by OfficialAwol(m): 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2017
Princedaniel:
Umahi has never had any electoral value in Ebonyi state . All he uses is federal might. He courts whoever is in power regardless of the difference in values. A very over ambitious fellow.

He knows that without Jonathan and Metu to rig election, he will lose 2019. So the best move is to court who is in position to do this: Buhari.

Unfortunately for him, Buhari just like most Fulani does not betray people who are truly loyal to him from day one. He will milk all the opportunities and go ahead to keep their words to his core loyalists. In this case, apc and Ogbonnaya Onu.

Umahi jumped off Elechi train, a man who singlehandedly made you PDP chairman Ebonyi state and deputy governor. He started courting Gej, wife and Metu. He jumped out of Jonathans train to Alimodu sheriff's even before the Supreme Court could make the final pronouncement. And as soon as they did, he jumped off from sheriff to Babachir Lawal and when he was sacked, he jumped on Abba Kyari. Few months before the 2019 election, Abba Kyari will be sacked, and Umahi will be left hanging. No where to jump to.hehehe.

The way this man will lose in 2019 will be interesting to document.

You seem to know too much
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by Kiakia(m): 7:54pm On Nov 17, 2017
Governor Umahi should have the balls to declare for APC. He is an APC man masquerading as a PDP governor. There is no two ways about it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by triple996(m): 8:08pm On Nov 17, 2017
Ibos don't know how to play politics
The man lured Buhari to ebonyi state to strengthen his political ambition bcus he knows Wat he wants ND he to get it, Bt some Ibos r saying rubbish
No wonder u r yet to rule nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by kelechi50: 8:08pm On Nov 17, 2017
Funnicator:

I don't know of paul okorie but edeze is much more popular than him. My dad worked with edeze when he was SEB chairman.
Edeze sabi distribute money ehnn. He'll just close his eyes and civil servants will enrich themselves for good while he does same. That's his style. For general good of ebonyians, i prefer dave.

Only those who have been in abakaliki since 1999, will appreciate the developmental strides and goodness dave has brought to ebonyi. 3 flyovers at once, neatness all over ebonyi, a new stadium, fresh roads and street lights, constant salary pay, he is the best governor ebonyi has had.

Egwu and elechi just looted. Dave may be looting, but in two years, has performed much farther than those other two. Edeze government will be chop make i chop, good for civilians to improve standard of living and wealth, but i prefer infrastructural outfit dave is offering.
please let us know those infrastructural outfit he is offering us with,at least have succeeded in bringing Buhari and traditional Dancers to Abakaliki. Who nos the second one may God help ebonyians to get a governor like Peter Obi
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 17, 2017
kelechi50:
please let us know those infrastructural outfit he is offering us with,at least have succeeded in bringing Buhari and traditional Dancers to Abakaliki. Who nos the second one may God help ebonyians to get a governor like Peter Obi

He has completed and commissioned three fly overs in Abakaliki, finished a stadium, and constructed new roads in just two years of his tenure.
He pays salary as at when due.

That's commendable for two years. What has ikpeazu and gburugburu done in two years?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by emperordelis(m): 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2017
MaryBenn:
Sometimes I wish as a lady I was good with Nigerian politics but then it gets confusing by the day.... undecided undecided
my dear,even the men can completely understand it wink
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by dokiOloye(m): 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2017
Princedaniel:
Umahi has never had any electoral value in Ebonyi state . All he uses is federal might. He courts whoever is in power regardless of the difference in values. A very over ambitious fellow.

He knows that without Jonathan and Metu to rig election, he will lose 2019. So the best move is to court who is in position to do this: Buhari.

Unfortunately for him, Buhari just like most Fulani does not betray people who are truly loyal to him from day one. He will milk all the opportunities and go ahead to keep their words to his core loyalists. In this case, apc and Ogbonnaya Onu.

Umahi jumped off Elechi train, a man who singlehandedly made you PDP chairman Ebonyi state and deputy governor. He started courting Gej, wife and Metu. He jumped out of Jonathans train to Alimodu sheriff's even before the Supreme Court could make the final pronouncement. And as soon as they did, he jumped off from sheriff to Babachir Lawal and when he was sacked, he jumped on Abba Kyari. Few months before the 2019 election, Abba Kyari will be sacked, and Umahi will be left hanging. No where to jump to.hehehe.

U are always commenting on what U know peripherally.
Concerning Ogbonnaya Onu and Buhari,Buhari will never in this world consider Onu as a loyalist.Buhari only made Onu minister cos he is a prominent member of d old ANPP bloc that fused into APC cos the ANPP bloc was complaining that their members were being sidelined in favour of old CPC,new PDP and ACN.
REMEMBER, ONU WAS PART OF D FORCES THAT FORCED BUHARI OUT OF ANPP INTO CPC WHEN HE (ONU) was ANPP party chairman.
If Buhari considered Onu a loyalist,there is no reason he wouldn't have made him SGF,remember d leadership positions in d national assembly were already shared and south east didn't get any and even if Buhari forgot,d press were speculating heavily that he would make Onu d SGF.
If he considered him a loyalist,why not even give him any of d juicy ministries,instead of yeye science and technology.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by somehow: 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2017
Is imo state not igbo and apc?
VICTORCIZA:
Umahi is busy dancing surugede but he doesn't know that surugede is the dance of the spirit. With the latest development his political life is at stake because we don't need anything apc in Igbo land
He will hear from us in due time
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by kelechi50: 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2017
Funnicator:

He has completed and commissioned three fly overs in Abakaliki, finished a stadium, and constructed new roads in just two years of his tenure.
He pays salary as at when due.

That's commendable for two years. What has ikpeazu and gburugburu done in two years?
please may I know those new roads he constructed, because I didn't mention ikpeazu or gburugburu in my write up. My community is without tired road and electricity in all the infrastructural development you mentioned. Umeh, Izo and Ogagbo Igbudu to mention few. So what is your take on
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by 36pripa(m): 9:31pm On Nov 17, 2017
VICTORCIZA:
Umahi is busy dancing surugede but he doesn't know that surugede is the dance of the spirit. With the latest development his political life is at stake because we don't need anything apc in Igbo land
Like you people have being doing since?... Umahi is a political movement in Ebonyi . There is nothing to see.
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by cosfrac: 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2017
Funnicator:
Only time will tell if he will defect. But I like him though, even if he defects i hope he wins second term because he's doing good in Ebonyi.
your statements shows you know nothing about that man,, don't judge a book by the cover
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by kwyllancy: 10:54pm On Nov 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

If I had my way,

Some Ebonyiphobics are helplessly incurable
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by millionboi2: 11:46pm On Nov 17, 2017
Princedaniel:

You know d man very well.
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by millionboi2: 11:51pm On Nov 17, 2017
Funnicator:

what is d meaning of ur moniker?
Re: Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance by CoolAmbience(m): 8:21am On Nov 18, 2017
VICTORCIZA:

You and who?

Speak for yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters / Gov. Yuguda & Emir Of Bauchi Playing Football / NNPC Withheld N824.7 Billion Oil Revenue In 6 Months Of Buhari’s Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.