Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) (73117 Views)

Drama As SSS 3 Student Proposes To His English Teacher In Lagos / Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking / N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by KhalDroggo: 9:05am On Nov 18, 2017
nduchucks:
The truth of this matter is that this teacher is probably more intelligent than most of the NLers who are making derrogatve remarks on this thread.

This teacher speaks both Hausa and Arabic very fluently, and does not teach his students in English.

You will find many Italian, Russian, Spanish, or even Israeli teachers who do not speak a word of English yet they are effective in their profession.

Sadly, many Africans remain afflicted with Colo Mentality. SMH

Please stop this sterile and unintelligent argument. The reason why we are expected to have a working knowledge of the English language in Nigeria is because it is the language of instruction for every level of education from primary school to University, even in the North.
Even our constitution says that English is our official language.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by zionmde: 9:27am On Nov 18, 2017
Solorrman:
yes the southerners are educated but only lack common sense because majority chooses to worship a man,some one called jesus christ who have an anus and penis. U guyz believed God can go to toilet with his anus and penis to excrete shit,thats the problem with us,we dnt believe a God need anus and penis at all,we do believed that God is pure and never near such dirty things,what is God have to do with anus for God sake
At least he didnt rape a 9yr old baby like mohammmmed. U are not ashamed ur so called prophet saw a little baby that he should be buying biscuits and sweets for and had the mind to damage the girls genital. That guy is the origin of wickedness no wonder at the mention of allahu nkubari heads are separated off their bodies.

For ur info I taught the governor's cousins and commisioner of education's daughters of that same state so wen i talk u listen because u guys know nothing. u go to almajiri and islammiyyas plus government schools were hausa graduates who know nothing teach while the elites pay a huge amount to southerners to privately teach their kids.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by greatjoey: 9:29am On Nov 18, 2017
Pls, no one should get it twisted. It must be noted that the Hausa North has its standard English grammar which wears a different look from the general grammar spoken. The posted one is grammatically acceptable up north. If you doubt me, go ask Buhari and federal character commission.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by nellyelitz(m): 9:43am On Nov 18, 2017
Even their sai baba is not better...
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 18, 2017
Nowenuse:

Foolishness! Stop basking in past glory and face the present and future. Only a fool relies on past glory.
Hausas currently have the poorest and most illiterate population in Nigeria (and that is not changing anytime soon).

lol...ii responded with facts with cotsi...can't engage u on this.... your insultive response shows how how u were immorally brought up by your parents.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by nduchucks: 10:04am On Nov 18, 2017
KhalDroggo:

Please stop this sterile and unintelligent argument. The reason why we are expected to have a working knowledge of the English language in Nigeria is because it is the language of instruction for every level of education from primary school to University, even in the North.
Even our constitution says that English is our official language.

Go back and reread my post and challenge any of the specific points I made.

You don't get to concoct your own points and then proffer counter points against your made-up points. Doing so is the unintelligent act.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by JayCynic(m): 10:15am On Nov 18, 2017
[color=#006600][/color] shocked
Solorrman:
Educated maggot good morning,i saw how u insult our prophet,so as u can see i am also an illitrate northener as u called us,the only big part u dont have is common sense,ur ugly mother and monkey father failed to teach u respect bkos u are an illegitemet child. U are person that chooses to worship jesus christ,a man with anus and peni.s,i dnt know where u kept ur senses that could drag ur ugly educated head to understand that God do not need anus and penis,its only human that need it,with all this u are now a brilliant bastard that eats any living organism on earth,the westerners u follow are feeling disgusted abt u and ur ogogoro drinking mouth father who fathered u with the woman u called prostitute mother that wears no pants under her skimpy mini skirt,i wish am in ur area to pay and rape ur mother and sister while u watch then giv u the panties of ur mother to wear,educated fool of the year

3 Things
shocked
Solorrman:
Educated maggot good morning,i saw how u insult our prophet,so as u can see i am also an illitrate northener as u called us,the only big part u dont have is common sense,ur ugly mother and monkey father failed to teach u respect bkos u are an illegitemet child. U are person that chooses to worship jesus christ,a man with anus and peni.s,i dnt know where u kept ur senses that could drag ur ugly educated head to understand that God do not need anus and penis,its only human that need it,with all this u are now a brilliant bastard that eats any living organism on earth,the westerners u follow are feeling disgusted abt u and ur ogogoro drinking mouth father who fathered u with the woman u called prostitute mother that wears no pants under her skimpy mini skirt,i wish am in ur area to pay and rape ur mother and sister while u watch then giv u the panties of ur mother to wear,educated fool of the year

3 Things I'm Very Sure About You

1. You cannot pronounce a word from this grammatically poor essay you just wrote.
2. Even if your mother and your sister wear a hijab as long as your terribly dirty bedsheet, i am absolutely sure that they are tired of swallowing your penis.
3. Your father is already in hell, after he was deceived to carry a suicide bomb.
You now see how dumb you and your Prophet are, he told you to kill people in exchange for Virgins. Im very sure he as fucvked all the virgins he promised you. When next you go to the Mosque, tell him to give you part of his brains

1 Like

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 18, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

A few in the elite class could. The overwhelming majority of the feudal North has always been illiterate even in Arabic.

And Western education is the source of advancement in the countries you're naming. A Japanese or Chinese engineer will cover much of the same curriculum developed in the West.

Technological and industrial advancement in Russia,China, Germany, France etc is not because of Western education....if u read about Islamic-jewdo Greek civilization,u will know how science went to Europe n America in the medieval ages
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:26am On Nov 18, 2017
NextGovernor:
Lol. Very funny people.

Dont just judge him. He might be an Islamic or Arabic teacher... So neccessarily don't need to know English well b4 he can teach..

Lol wicked guy cheesy
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by hgnbello(m): 11:01am On Nov 18, 2017
lolz... sm miscreants will cm nd blame Kaduna government for sacking dem...

Matcheeeeeww.....

Tambuwa save d education of sokoto pple
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by bjx5: 11:01am On Nov 18, 2017
this must not be real
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by bjx5: 11:03am On Nov 18, 2017
Buhari sef grin
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by bjx5: 11:04am On Nov 18, 2017
My county people i hail thee
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:32am On Nov 18, 2017
danjumakolo:

Technological and industrial advancement in Russia,China, Germany, France etc is not because of Western education....if u read about Islamic-jewdo Greek civilization,u will know how science went to Europe n America in the medieval ages

This has nothing to do with what you said earlier. And last time I checked, the Greeks and Romans are Western Europeans. And the Islamic influence in Europe during the Ottoman conquests are well overrated.

The simple fact today is if you choose to become a professional in the 21st century, you'll need to rigorously apply yourself to a curriculum developed over the past few centuries in Western civilization. When a Japanese or Sudanese or Syrian educator is teaching his students Physics or Mathematics or Engineering or whatever, he's most likely teaching them the theories and principles and laws of Newton or Gauss or Laplace or Fourier or Maxwell or Max Planck or Bohr or Heisenberg or whatever. Stop deluding yourselves thinking your society will ever amount to anything without a full-throated embrace of Western education. Embracing Western education doesn't mean anyone is saying you should abandon your culture.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:49am On Nov 18, 2017
nduchucks:
The truth of this matter is that this teacher is probably more intelligent than most of the NLers who are making derrogatve remarks on this thread.

This teacher speaks both Hausa and Arabic very fluently, and does not teach his students in English.

You will find many Italian, Russian, Spanish, or even Israeli teachers who do not speak a word of English yet they are effective in their profession.

Sadly, many Africans remain afflicted with Colo Mentality. SMH

Who told you he speaks Arabic fluently? Do you know him?

There is a weird thing about you Northerners that disparage people from the South embracing progressive Western values when you are under the same colonial mentality. Except in your case, what you chose to embrace is regressive values from the Arab world. So many things in your culture and religion and dressing and your names right to your musical and artistic expression and Sharia law etc are shaped by your Arabic devotion. Yet, you delude yourselves that you're somehow more authentic custodians of your native culture than Southerners. grin

Last time I checked, Nigerian native languages are not yet a viable means of instruction. We've not sufficiently developed and standardized the lexicon in our native languages to be able to educate our people to globally acceptable standards. I'm quite sure there are no Physics or Chemistry or Medicine textbooks written in Hausa. There's also the inconvenient fact that in a country of over 200 ethnicities, there has to be a commonly understood language. Rather than your fake Afrocentrism, commonsense should dictate why we need to embrace English as an official language and language of instruction. Every single Northerner that is a top Engineer or Doctor or Lawyer or whatever is fluent in English. So quit deceiving yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Bimpe29: 12:00pm On Nov 18, 2017
Stop there, you are going no where. You must be a part of the solutions to naija's many problems.

grin grin grin

nittroboy:
cheesy
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

This has nothing to do with what you said earlier. And last time I checked, the Greeks and Romans are Western Europeans. And the Islamic influence in Europe during the Ottoman conquests are well overrated.

The simple fact today is if you choose to become a professional in the 21st century, you'll need to rigorously apply yourself to a curriculum developed over the past few centuries in Western civilization. When a Japanese or Sudanese or Syrian educator is teaching his students Physics or Mathematics or Engineering or whatever, he's most likely teaching them the theories and principles and laws of Newton or Gauss or Laplace or Fourier or Maxwell or Max Planck or Bohr or Heisenberg or whatever. Stop deluding yourselves thinking your society will ever amount to anything without a full-throated embrace of Western education. Embracing Western education doesn't mean anyone is saying you should abandon your culture.

See I ain't saying the west isn't leading in science now.But we are talking about basic English education which smn said had differential of 100 years BTW north n south.

That aside,but you should know that the scietific and philosophical Renaissance were translated by the arabs from Greek to the Persians and Europe.And that was why the origin of the zeros in computer was traced to middle East,while the almighty algebra, geometry, trigonometry is traced to Alkhawarismi...

As such during the high medieval period, the Islamic world was at its cultural peak, supplying information and ideas to Europe, via Andalusia which is now Spain,Sicily and the Crusader kingdoms in the Levant. These included Latin translations of the Greek Classics and of Arabic texts in astronomy, mathematics, science, and medicine.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2017
omoelerin1:
See your life outside. I think the university where you graduated has to be sanctioned, before you start questioning the credibility of those up north.
You can't even write 'murderer' correctly.
Shame on you.

that was intentional dumbass nigger...can't u see the quotation mark ..or ur English teacher didn't teach u what quotation marks mean?

shame on u too sir
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by omoelerin1: 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2017
piagetskinner:

that was intentional dumbass nigger...can't u see the quotation mark ..or ur English teacher didn't teach u what quotation marks mean?

shame on u too sir
Gibberish
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2017
omoelerin1:
Gibberish

u have finally succeeded in describing yourself....
don't quote me again..Boda ode
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by omoelerin1: 2:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
piagetskinner:

u have finally succeeded in describing yourself....

don't quote me again..Boda ode
Common sense is not common, I would have adviced you to get one.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by dadavivo: 2:14pm On Nov 18, 2017
DonroxyII:
U guys are the mumu, keep insulting aboki and upon all ur education and sabisabi.......Aboki still rules and he keep ruling .... !!!
well,thanks to mumuu like you who believe in them

1 Like

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by dadavivo: 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2017
Solorrman:
the only problem is that the westerners would forget that u are human due to how ugly u people are instead of them forcing us to feed their cattles in a ranch they would poison u people because u eat any sorrounding living organism as food,it include,dogs,mouse,frog,baboon,monkey,pigs,maggot and the pepper soup of dead body of human in the grave. They may think u are a ghost and thats where shooting will take over the show. The people that supporse to be in ranch and fed maggots are u guyz who have no common sense that lead u to worship jesus christ a man with penis and anus, i wonder what makes u think God need anus and penis,no wonder i heard that God created u with sponge thats why ur common sense is less than that of a pig and dogs u eat as a food
Allah fck bar, hope you know you're going to hell fire.

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 2:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Last time I checked, Nigerian native languages are not yet a viable means of instruction. We've not sufficiently developed and standardized the lexicon in our native languages to be able to educate our people to globally acceptable standards. .
This is nonsense.

Any language can be used for education and if it does not have enough words it can borrow.

English is a very good and accessible
example of extensive borrowing.

Not so long ago Latin was the language of instruction across much of Europe. To be "learned" meant to know Latin. Today Latin is "dead"

The first step is to make a decision. A decision to educate our people in their own language.
Once that decision is made the rest is tiny.

Humans are capableof creating a new language that never existed at all out of nothing.

Those same objections about viability have been raised in man contexts around the world and proven wrong. Do a little research

Not so far away in Tanzania in 2015 they made such a decision with Swahili in 2015

Swahilia itself is language constituted out of Arabic, Bantu, English and German

It is most likely that we too will have to borrow from other languages but so what ? That would be better than the Sisyphian task of teaching our people English
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by galaxy2020(m): 3:21pm On Nov 18, 2017
Wait until you read the one Buhari posted. These are the sort of people running the affairs of this country.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by beautyoftheLord: 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2017
quiverfull:
The fundamental misjudgment we've made as a country is to assume everyone is cut out for the formal education. Some of these peeps up north will do well as semi skilled artisans.
And the North needs not compete with the South by forcing their people to be educated; they should concentrate on their strength and focus on agriculture.

You couldn't have said it any better. It just baffles me.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by stella265(f): 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2017
what do u expect from a man that doesn't have any English name attached to his full name and how do you expect him to express himself with a language not familiar with him? But na wao.... 
https://loadedng.com/see-the-rubbish-a-teacher-from-sokoto-state-posted-on-facebook-photos/

READING makes a man; WRITING,  a better man; and UNDERSTANDING, a complete man.... #copied#
    The Earlier you know,  the Better for you; The Earlier you understand,  the Best for you....  Based-on-Statistics
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by stella265(f): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2017
what do u expect from a man that doesn't have any English name attached to his full name and how do you expect him to express himself with a language not familiar with him? But na wao.... 
www.loadedng.com/see-the-rubbish-a-teacher-from-sokoto-state-posted-on-facebook-photos

READING makes a man; WRITING,  a better man; and UNDERSTANDING, a complete man.... #copied#
    The Earlier you know,  the Better for you; The Earlier you understand,  the Best for you....  Based-on-Statistics
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by nduchucks: 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Who told you he speaks Arabic fluently? Do you know him?

There is a weird thing about you Northerners that disparage people from the South embracing progressive Western values when you are under the same colonial mentality. Except in your case, what you chose to embrace is regressive values from the Arab world. So many things in your culture and religion and dressing and your names right to your musical and artistic expression and Sharia law etc are shaped by your Arabic devotion. Yet, you delude yourselves that you're somehow more authentic custodians of your native culture than Southerners. grin

This post exposed you as an intellectual midget.

First of all, you asked me whether I know the teacher in question and in the same breadth you concluded that I do not know him and implied that the teacher does not speak Arabic fluently. You did this without waiting for me to answer your question.

Secondly, you spew racist and tribalistic garbage about Northerners and you justify your prejudice with the assumption that you know my state of origin, simply by reading my post.

For the above reasons, I don't believe that you are worthy of any intellectual conversations with me. Oga, go find ya level.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2017
aribisala0:

This is nonsense.

Any language can be used for education and if it does not have enough words it can borrow.

English is a very good and accessible
example of extensive borrowing.

Not so long ago Latin was the language of instruction across much of Europe. To be "learned" meant to know Latin. Today Latin is "dead"

The first step is to make a decision. A decision to educate our people in their own language.
Once that decision is made the rest is tiny.

Humans are capableof creating a new language that never existed at all out of nothing.

Those same objections about viability have been raised in man contexts around the world and proven wrong. Do a little research

Not so far away in Tanzania in 2015 they made such a decision with Swahili in 2015

Swahilia itself is language constituted out of Arabic, Bantu, English and German

It is most likely that we too will have to borrow from other languages but so what ? That would be better than the Sisyphian task of teaching our people English

You must have serious comprehension problems. Adapting our languages for educational instruction is something anyone will fully support and I have no problem with that and stated so. I'm referring to the current status of our native languages which cannot perform such a function. Hence, the current importance of English as the language of instruction and hence the absurdity of employing teachers who are incompetent in basic English.

1 Like

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
nduchucks:

This post exposed you as an intellectual midget.

First of all, you asked me whether I know the teacher in question and in the same breadth you concluded that I do not know him and implied that the teacher does not speak Arabic fluently. You did this without waiting for me to answer your question.

Secondly, you spew racist and tribalistic garbage about Northerners and you justify your prejudice with the assumption that you know my state of origin, simply by reading my post.

For the above reasons, I don't believe that you are worthy of any intellectual conversations with me. Oga, go find ya level.

No substantive response to anything stated. Just rambles about "intellect" ascribing phony intellectual capacity to himself. If that makes you feel good about yourself, who am I to burst your delusions? grin
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by nduchucks: 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

No substantive response to anything stated. Just rambles about "intellect" ascribing phony intellectual capacity to himself. If that makes you feel good about yourself, who am I to burst your delusions? grin

You can redeem yourself by apologizing for your tribalistic and racist post and engage me properly. I'm sure you are capable of being gracious enough to admit that your racist, tribalistic, and prejudicial post was unwarranted.

Let's see how mature you are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into / What Was The Craziest Thing You Experienced In Secondary School? / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.