Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Abraham Is Not Better Than Super Eagles Strikers - John Fashanu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Abraham Is Not Better Than Super Eagles Strikers - John Fashanu (666 Views)

John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today / John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player / Amal Fashanu, My Daughter Pays The Bills - John Fashanu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abraham Is Not Better Than Super Eagles Strikers - John Fashanu by mazimee(m): 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2017
Former England international striker John Fashanu says England national team forward Tammy Abraham who turned down Nigeria’s approach to switch allegiance is not better than the present strikers in the team.
The on loan Chelsea forward was approached by Nigeria and reportedly agreed to a switch to Nigeria according to the President of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) , but he later had a change in mind.
He has since represented England at senior level as part of the young players who made the step up from the youth team to the senior team in their last friendly games against Germany and Brazil.
Despite his impressive showing for his loan side Swansea City in the Premier League, Fashanu believes he is still not at the level of the strikers available to coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr.
” Tammy Abraham took the easy option. He will play regularly for England than Nigeria , where I think they have better players who are suited to the style of play of the team “, Fashanu told Owngoalnigeria.com

” His case won’t be any different from mine when I was called up but later decided to pursue a career with England. I watched a training session, there and then I decided I don’t belong here.
” The strikers in the Nigerian team are ball to feet type of forwards unlike Abraham who thrives on crosses into the box, the typical English forward style of play.
” You look at Iheanacho (Kelechi) , Iwobi (Alex), Ighalo (Odion), infact the Nigerian forwards in the team now and you will see they share almost similar quality in terms of skill set, sadly Abraham is a typical English forward, he won’t get games even if he opt for Nigeria. ”

Osas Mahawi

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/17/ex-england-international-abraham-is-not-better-than-super-eagles-strikers/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Savage! Man City Troll Fellaini And Man United / What Thierry Henry Said About Kanu Nwankwo As He Parties With Guinness [video] / Play If And Only If Your Conscience Is Clear��

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.