Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

"If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) (50683 Views)

Is Nnamdi Kanu Preparing For War? See The Armored Tank He Poses With .PHOTOS / What I Expect Nigerian Workers Would Say About Tha Minimum Wage – Saraki / Ndigbo Shouldn't Abandon Nnamdi Kanu, They Will Surely Need Him After 16th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2017
uglodoh:

kilode? Epe yi po. E Fe pa ni? �
He deserved it grin
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Reference(m): 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2017
oludayoJr:
Idiot comparing KANU to a world first class OBA?

A king is the paramount ruler in any kingdom he or she presides over. A traditional king is only relevant to the domains that practice that tradition. In effect it is the peoples that make their rulers. So if the yorubas consider their Ooni a king, the Biafrans have every right to anoint Kanu their king as they wish. It will not bring respect from yorubas but it works the other way as well.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 3:17pm On Nov 18, 2017
dometome:
Yes it is because, just as Jesus says, you must remove the rafter in your eye before trying to extract the straw in your brother's eye.

Are you insane? I wasn't going to comment on this nonesense. But since you want sense. Ooni is a traditional and customary Monarch existing when Nnamdi Kanu's fore Fathers were still SLAVES. What is wrong with you? Comparing a Blue blood Royalty to a common Fraudster? This is what is wrong with the Igbos. Where two or three igbos are gathered there goes a KING (Ohaneze Ndi-Ígbo)

2 Likes

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by softnnenne: 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2017
Some people are very stupid! Imagine the comparison
No wonder people say all IPOB members are miscreants

1 Like

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

Are you insane? I wasn't going to comment on this nonesense. But since you want sense. Ooni is a traditional and customary Monarch existing when Nnamdi Kanu's fore Fathers were still SLAVES. What is wrong with you? Comparing a Blue blood Royalty to a common Fraudster? This is what is wrong with the Igbos. Where two or three igbos are gathered there goes a KING (Ohaneze Ndi-Ígbo)

""Ooni is a traditional and customary Monarch existing when Nnamdi Kanu's fore Fathers were still SLAVES"

Feed that shiit to ur fellow gullibles.

The old bini kingdom bought n sold yorubas as slaves.

The old bini kingdom defeated a large chunks of SW in several wars and installed n forced the Oba rulership on the yorubas. The Oba Title hails from the bini kingdom. The original name of Lagos is Eko and Eko is a bini word that means war camp..

Please goan read history these informations aren't classified anymore.... U can download them n read.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2017
What makes it any Igbo's business if I 'bow down' to my King or an elderly person as my custom demands? Afterall I don't make it my business when you lots wake your fathers up from sleep with your yam-tuber like legs! Bunch of village dwelling primitive people.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Elioandrew: 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2017
So this idiot that put this up doesn't know one ought to bow to a king? Who is nnamdi Kanu? Fooooooooooool.

1 Like

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2017
PrecisionFx:

""Ooni is a traditional and customary Monarch existing when Nnamdi Kanu's fore Fathers were still SLAVES"

Feed that shiit to ur fellow gullibles.

The old bini kingdom bought n sold yorubas as slaves.

The old bini kingdom defeated a large chunks of SW in several wars and installed n forced the Oba rulership on the yorubas. The Oba Title hails from the bini kingdom. The original name of Lagos is Eko and Eko is a bini word that means war camp..

Please goan read history these informations aren't classified anymore.... U can download them n read.

I have told you, you are forming intelligent. How long was the slave trade? How long has the Ooni Obaship been in existence? During the time of Ooni slaves were still been shipped from west africa and guess where they were from? Most were from areas with weak Kings. Name one Igbo King or Ohaneze that was in existence then? They were rounded up and sold a la Badagry Point of no Return.

Please, leave this matter. Nnamdi Kanu is a Fraud, Period.

1 Like

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 4:27pm On Nov 18, 2017
softnnenne:
Some people are very stupid! Imagine the comparison
No wonder people say all IPOB members are miscreants

You nor know?

1 Like

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

I have told you, you are forming intelligent. How long was the slave trade? How long has the Ooni Obaship been in existence? During the time of Ooni slaves were still been shipped from west africa and guess where they were from? Most were from areas with weak Kings. Name one Igbo King or Ohaneze that was in existence then? They were rounded up and sold a la Badagry Point of no Return.

Please, leave this matter. Nnamdi Kanu is a Fraud, Period.

The yorubas... I REPEAT the yorubas never at any point in their history had any Empire they lived in smaller colonies and had weak kings throught and that's wen the bini kingdom devastated n conquered them completely and installed Obaship on them.

Go to Cambridge university websites n download the history of nigeria prior the amalgamation the files are in kilobytes, u can download as many as u like.

It's on record that it took 35 years before the British conquer the igbos back in the days. Journals written by British sailors, captains n military personeels clearly stated that they found it very difficult to defeat the igbos because they had No central rulers unlike the western n northern parts of the colony who dropped their swords wen their seat of government falls into the hands of the British. Help urself.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2017
zombieHUNTER:

God forbid
How can I be a citizen of the zoo
Nigeria is a disease...

Am a biafran cool
Go to hell with your Nigerian passport

eyaaaaaaah, e no go better for Dilector
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2017
ApexPredator:
Yep Hypocrisy is thy middle name. Look at the fools talking about constituted authority. Donald Trump is the one who f the most powerful man in the world and his citizen don't bow to him.

See another talk? All these ones know anything so? I help you shame as you just expose your level of Stewpidity. Wetin sane person want tell you now? Na just waste e go waste his knowledge on you as you are not capable of Comprehension let alone understanding.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Igboid: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
mavinc4u:

I am old enough to be your grand mother. let me know when you are less busy so i can give you enough tutor. you know nothing, absolutely nothing. ask questions first to know your identity, you would be surprised at the answer you will get.

Why waste your time. He isn't Even Igbo.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by zombieHUNTER: 5:26pm On Nov 18, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

eyaaaaaaah, e no go better for my papa

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Igboid: 5:31pm On Nov 18, 2017
laribari:

Why are you embarrassing yoursef now? Do you know who a king is? Isn't it God that established thrones? When you great a king you can't stand bfore him. However, yorubas are known to prostrate to their elders and even during wedding ceremony. You will prostrate but the igbos don't even bow or prostrate to their biological parents during greeting as they have their own way of showing respect to elders and that is in the name (like diokpa or dea-de) or the way they address elders or shake elders with two hands.

Kanu is no royalty but was made a deity and it's shocking to me. Maybe kanu didn't asked to be worshipped but the people doing it as just stupid.

Please you are not Igbo. Try and stay off Igbo topics, especially one you are very ignorant about.

God didn't establish any thrones on earth. Men with influence over others did and used dubious divine right to back up their power. Power had always recided amongst the powerful.

Igbos don't always prostrate to elders during greetings, but there are occasions when an Igbo can prostrate for another.
One of this occasion is when the person did you a big favour and you want to show deep appreciation, then it's normal to prostrate, irrespective of the person age, in show and display of deep appreciation.
Igbos also prostrate to Chief priests in recognition of the favour the gods the Chief priests serve did them or in total submission to the power of the gods the Chief priests are believed to wield.

Kanu is a son of a royalty, so he is a royalty, and what's more, his followers show him respect for doing them the favour of being their spokesperson, who said things, they themselves say in dark but couldn't do same in open for fear of Nigerian authorities suppression and punishment.

Kanu is also believed by his followers to have been divine sent to free Biafrans from the shackles of failed Nigeria experiment, ridiculous? Well not more ridiculous than your belief that Oni and indeed other kings in earth were divinely set up.

So yes, if you believe that an Oni that had contributed nothing to humanity is worthy of respect, simply because he is a Yoruba king, then you must also recognize that Kanu deserves the respect he gets from his followers, on account of his role of playing the role of the voice of his followers who had been disillusioned by Nigeria's failures.

Udo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 5:37pm On Nov 18, 2017
[quote author=zombieHUNTER post=62499306][/quote]

Nice one Dilector teach una fraud well. Clap Clap Clap. But why una nor get sense?
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by laribari(m): 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2017
Igboid:

Please you are not Igbo. Try and stay off Igbo topics, especially one you are very ignorant about.

God didn't establish any thrones on earth. Men with influence over others did and used dubious divine right to back up their power. Power had always recided amongst the powerful.

Igbos don't always prostrate to elders during greetings, but there are occasions when an Igbo can prostrate for another.
One of this occasion is when the person did you a big favour and you want to show deep appreciation, then it's normal to prostrate, irrespective of the person age, in show and display of deep appreciation.
Igbos also prostrate to Chief priests in recognition of the favour the gods the Chief priests serve did them or in total submission to the power of the gods the Chief priests are believed to wield.

Kanu is a son of a royalty, so he is a royalty, and what's more, his followers show him respect for doing them the favour of being their spokesperson, who said things, they themselves say in dark but couldn't do same in open for fear of Nigerian authorities suppression and punishment.

Kanu is also believed by his followers to have been divine sent to free Biafrans from the shackles of failed Nigeria experiment, ridiculous? Well not more ridiculous than your belief that Oni and indeed other kings in earth were divinely set up.

So yes, if you believe that an Oni that had contributed nothing to humanity is worthy of respect, simply because he is a Yoruba king, then you must also recognize that Kanu deserves the respect he gets from his followers, on account of his role of playing the role of the voice of his followers who had been disillusioned by Nigeria's failures.

Udo.

Ewu Zimbabwe, who told you I don't know about igbo culture? Is it different from delta ibo?

Wasn't it God who ordained David? He sent the prophet to the house of Jesse to establish a throne there. Go and read your bible abeg.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Lot13(m): 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2017
CrtlAltDel:
NL, your take.

Nonsense..
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by KingSango(m): 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2017
CrtlAltDel:
NL, your take.

The Ooni is a sacred chief, he is the chief custodian in Ile Ife the spiritual center of Yoruba race. The Ooni is a peaceful position he must not make enemies but focus upon healing and promoting Yoruba culture and Ifa. It is the Alaafin who is feared, has the fearsome Ogboni at his call, Ogboni the police and military of Oyo Empire, the Alaafin commands the army of Oyo. The terrifying Sango priests who spit fire, cause thunder and are known to destroy anyone who insults Sango are followers of the Alaafin. The great prince, Oranyiyan built Oyo City which he converged into an Empire with the support of his brothers who had their own kingdoms. His son Sango become Alaafin expanded it all the way to Dakar and down to Gabon. Oranyiyan is buried in Ile Ife. There was no palace in Ile Ife until the Alaafin Adeyemi I built it. Oyo surrounds Ile Ife.

There is no comparison the Ooni with Mr. Kanu, the Ooni is chosen by the Gods, its wrong to even put them together just to insult Igbos. Igbos need to learn how to centralize their communities and understand empire building will bring them the desires they seek. Both Yorubas and Hausas empire build and have traditions where leaders are bowed to as to keep order within their power circles. Empire building, that's the key.

Ase

Love Sango

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Igboid: 10:05pm On Nov 18, 2017
laribari:

Ewu Zimbabwe, who told you I don't know about igbo culture? Is it different from delta ibo?

Wasn't it God who ordained David? He sent the prophet to the house of Jesse to establish a throne there. Go and read your bible abeg.

Lol!

Not everyone believes your Bible stories.

Kings are man made , we know this already.

I understand you are from Edo Igbo, Igbanke to be precise.
I know your type well, you only claim Igbo when you think there is an advantage to be gained from such .

Like now, you are claiming Igbo because you think claiming so gives weight to your argument just like many Northern and Yoruba persons who impersonate Igbos here.

If you are truly Igbo, then you would know that Igbo culture exist in a continuum, being a bit Edoid at the extreme west of Igboland that Igbanke and Ika represents to being a bit Ibibiod at the extreme East, represented by Arochukwu and Abriba groups .

It's a continuum, such that what is obtainable in different parts of Igboland varies according to distance between two or more Igbo speaking groups.

What I just gave you is a picture of what is obtainable in my part of Igboland, it might not necessarily be obtainable in your own part.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by laribari(m): 12:07am On Nov 19, 2017
Igboid:

Lol!

Not everyone believes your Bible stories.

Kings are man made , we know this already.

I understand you are from Edo Igbo, Igbanke to be precise.
I know your type well, you only claim Igbo when you think there is an advantage to be gained from such .

Like now, you are claiming Igbo because you think claiming so gives weight to your argument just like many Northern and Yoruba persons who impersonate Igbos here.

If you are truly Igbo, then you would know that Igbo culture exist in a continuum, being a bit Edoid at the extreme west of Igboland that Igbanke and Ika represents to being a bit Ibibiod at the extreme East, represented by Arochukwu and Abriba groups .

It's a continuum, such that what is obtainable in different parts of Igboland varies according to distance between two or more Igbo speaking groups.

What I just gave you is a picture of what is obtainable in my part of Igboland, it might not necessarily be obtainable in your own part.

Geez!! You are a clown Bro. Claim igbo? I'm an IKA man and we speak anioma wella, so I'm not claiming shiit.

Who igbo epp? I'm on the side of truth and simple reasoning. I am closer to igbos than yorubas in terms of culture, food, native attire, style of music and even language. However, I'm not blinded like many which is why I still think biafra can't work. Many called me names but today I'm justified. I nor dey claim anything oo, but the only think be say I'm Nigerian. Period.

I love igbos deeply, I love yorubas as they are easy going and I love hausa (even though they are annoying at times).

I speak all languages, even the igbo you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Igboid: 9:25am On Nov 19, 2017
laribari:

Geez!! You are a clown Bro. Claim igbo? I'm an IKA man and we speak anioma wella, so I'm not claiming shiit.

Who igbo epp? I'm on the side of truth and simple reasoning. I am closer to igbos than yorubas in terms of culture, food, native attire, style of music and even language. However, I'm not blinded like many which is why I still think biafra can't work. Many called me names but today I'm justified. I nor dey claim anything oo, but the only think be say I'm Nigerian. Period.

I love igbos deeply, I love yorubas as they are easy going and I love hausa (even though they are annoying at times).

I speak all languages, even the igbo you are talking about.

Exactly. You are not Igbo, claiming to know about the Igbo is not good enough, cos apparently, you know next to nothing about the Igbo. I honestly doubt if you had even crossed the river Niger all your life, let alone spending time in SE to know about the people.
You come off as someone whose knowledge about the Igbo were all learned from little interactions from Igbo friends outside Igboland and through the media.

You didn't help Igbo either, instead you always here on Igbo affairs crying more than the beareved, we would appreciate if you stop claiming to know or understand Igbo ways, since it's obvious you know nada about us.

Many none Igbo speaking clans are also closer to Igbos than others. The Legbo people of Cross Rivers are very close to Igbos, the Ogoni of Eleme have many Igbo elements.
Does that now give any of them right to start claiming to understand the Igbo ways more than Igbos themselves?

Bia, enyia, jee gbalu ogwu gi nuo.
You can speak whatever language you want to, Igbo is a beautiful language, so I can understand why a non Igbo would want to learn it. Damn, we even many Bini descendants who forsook their Bini language and chose versions of the sexy Igbo language as their native language, without being colonized by Igbos. cheesy

Biafra might or might not work, we are not sure about that, as Biafra is yet to become an independent country. But what we all know and what is the reality, is that Nigeria has not worked since independent, she has been a failed Third World country, when the likes of Malaysia and Singapore she started the journey with had all evolved into second and third world countries, respectively.
The worst Biafra will do is become a third world country like Nigeria.

I don't remember seeing anyone forcing you to be Biafran, so I don't understand what the affirmation of your dying Nigeria identity is supposed to mean.
Or is that your own subtle way of forcing your expired Nigeria identity on dissenting Igbos?
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by laribari(m): 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
Igboid:

Exactly. You are not Igbo, claiming to know about the Igbo is not good enough, cos apparently, you know next to nothing about the Igbo. I honestly doubt if you had even crossed the river Niger all your life, let alone spending time in SE to know about the people.
You come off as someone whose knowledge about the Igbo were all learned from little interactions from Igbo friends outside Igboland and through the media.

You didn't help Igbo either, instead you always here on Igbo affairs crying more than the beareved, we would appreciate if you stop claiming to know or understand Igbo ways, since it's obvious you know nada about us.

Many none Igbo speaking clans are also closer to Igbos than others. The Legbo people of Cross Rivers are very close to Igbos, the Ogoni of Eleme have many Igbo elements.
Does that now give any of them right to start claiming to understand the Igbo ways more than Igbos themselves?

Bia, enyia, jee gbalu ogwu gi nuo.
You can speak whatever language you want to, Igbo is a beautiful language, so I can understand why a non Igbo would want to learn it. Damn, we even many Bini descendants who forsook their Bini language and chose versions of the sexy Igbo language as their native language, without being colonized by Igbos. cheesy

Biafra might or might not work, we are not sure about that, as Biafra is yet to become an independent country. But what we all know and what is the reality, is that Nigeria has not worked since independent, she has been a failed Third World country, when the likes of Malaysia and Singapore she started the journey with had all evolved into second and third world countries, respectively.
The worst Biafra will do is become a third world country like Nigeria.

I don't remember seeing anyone forcing you to be Biafran, so I don't understand what the affirmation of your dying Nigeria identity is supposed to mean.
Or is that your own subtle way of forcing your expired Nigeria identity on dissenting Igbos?

Bro, you know nothing abt me so shut up pls. Do you know where I was born? I have stayed in ebonyi state, been to Enugu, owerri and spent an holiday with my in-laws in ukpiri-alala (abia state), it's like my second home. Even onitsha was my backyard when I was hustli for cash during my campus days. I have igbo in-laws as well as yorubas too. That still doesn't mean will be foolish enuf to support everything igbo. On biafra-kanu issue, it's a no. Deal with it.

I am not stupid period. Biafra can't work and I have real reasons why it can't. Just one solid reason, so no need for sentiment.

What has my affiliation with igbos done for me? Not like my in-laws help me to the job I have today. Abeg jare, who igbo epp? Nigeria nor epp person na tribe wan help.

Don't get it twisted, igbo is beautiful but don't sound like it is heaven. I contribute to any trending topic.

1 Like

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Igboid: 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2017
laribari:

Bro, you know nothing abt me so shut up pls. Do you know where I was born? I have stayed in ebonyi state, been to Enugu, owerri and spent an holiday with my in-laws in ukpiri-alala (abia state), it's like my second home. Even onitsha was my backyard when I was hustli for cash during my campus days. I have igbo in-laws as well as yorubas too. That still doesn't mean will be foolish enuf to support everything igbo. On biafra-kanu issue, it's a no. Deal with it.

I am not stupid period. Biafra can't work and I have real reasons why it can't. Just one solid reason, so no need for sentiment.

What has my affiliation with igbos done for me? Not like my in-laws help me to the job I have today. Abeg jare, who igbo epp? Nigeria nor epp person na tribe wan help.

Don't get it twisted, igbo is beautiful but don't sound like it is heaven. I contribute to any trending topic.

Lol!
I see no connection between this your post and mine.

You know Biafra won't work? Maybe you are a prophet grin

But one thing is, one doesn't need to be a prophet to know that Nigeria had never worked and is currently not working, so who cares if Biafra would work or not?

You can have Igbo Saviors as well, it is irrelevant to this discussion. The crux of this discussion is that you are not Igbo and from your first post here, it's obvious you don't know enough about Igbo customs, irrespective of how long you claimed to have stayed in Igboland or attached to Igbo persons.

No body is asking for your support in anything Igbo, "who your support epp", " you don baff "? We are just saying that you should stop pretending to be versed in the knowledge of the Igbo ways, and hence go about misreprenting Igbo customs and traditions.
Face your Igbanke, Ika or whatever it is you subscribe to, and leave Igbo issues alone.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by dometome: 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

Nnamdi Kanu is the prince of his village and the first son, I also kneel to my aunt, uncle and elderly ones, it is not only offemmanuu that knows how to kneel before someone else as a sign of respect. Biafrans do it too, I will not insult your king or prince and dont insult mine either, I respect your king, respect my king and prince also. Prince Nnamdi might have annoyed you by breaking your ego, but he has done nothing illegal. The people that knelt before him did in entirely on their own, Prince Nnamdi DID NOT force them.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by laribari(m): 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
Igboid:

Lol!
I see no connection between this your post and mine.

You know Biafra won't work? Maybe you are a prophet grin

But one thing is, one doesn't need to be a prophet to know that Nigeria had never worked and is currently not working, so who cares if Biafra would work or not?

You can have Igbo Saviors as well, it is irrelevant to this discussion. The crux of this discussion is that you are not Igbo and from your first post here, it's obvious you don't know enough about Igbo customs, irrespective of how long you claimed to have stayed in Igboland or attached to Igbo persons.

No body is asking for your support in anything Igbo, "who your support epp", " you don baff "? We are just saying that you should stop pretending to be versed in the knowledge of the Igbo ways, and hence go about misreprenting Igbo customs and traditions.
Face your Igbanke, Ika or whatever it is you subscribe to, and leave Igbo issues alone.

Hahahaha! Support? I'm just stating fact and was proven right. You wey support biafra, who your support epp? Many fools died in the process too. How can sane people challenge men with gun? Arrogance has eaten you lot and you claim to be beta than everyone else which is the igbo problem. Arrogance and pride. I tell my friends and some also admit it. I don't need your seal of approval to have knowledge abt igbo. Who you be? Who know you?

All my life, I have dealing with igbos and I know them wella. Both their good and bad side. You have even exhibited a trait here. Arrogance! That's una logo.. telling me to stay off igbo matters on a public forum. Talking as if being igbo makes you enter heaven. Im not surprised, I tell my friends and some admit it. The average igbo man is arrogant and that was what killed kanu. Overing pushing his luck, even when dem dey beg am to calm down.

I'm not supporting anyone because the army or buhari doesn't need my support to handle biafra.

You obviously don't use your brains. This is a public forum and even Nigerians comment on Zimbabwean issues. Do they have to be Zimbabweans to talk? You talk abt donald trump. Are u an American? Why you dey shook mouth? Is Nairaland an igbo man forum? WHY ARE YOU HERE, since you want to do exclusive igbo? Anu-ofia.

Why is biafra begging UN to help them? Is UN an igbo man association? So they can talk on igbo matters but me don't have right to talk? Ewu Namibia. Listen to yoursef.

I'm free to comment on anything be it igbo or not. If dem do well I go hail them but if na nonsense I go blast dem. Deal with it. I'm not a tribalist I'm just commenting and it's my opinion, irrespective of tribe, religion or whatsoever.

Who cares whether Nigeria failed or not? It's not new naa and whether agree or not even the igbo just like every other tribe contributed to destroying Nigeria, so blaming it on others is nonsense. All the money wey igbo senators and ministers don steal nkor? Go and sit down jare and as per your biafran dream, just forget it. You that can't organize your state, you think biafra is a short cut to good life.

Look at what calabar, Akwa Ibom and Lagos have become because their leaders have brains to think.

1 Like

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Igboid: 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
laribari:

Hahahaha! Support? I'm just stating fact and was proven right. You wey support biafra, who your support epp? Many fools died in the process too. How can sane people challenge men with gun? Arrogance has eaten you lot and you claim to be beta than everyone else which is the igbo problem. Arrogance and pride. I tell my friends and some also admit it. I don't need your seal of approval to have knowledge abt igbo. Who you be? Who know you?

All my life, I have dealing with igbos and I know them wella. Both their good and bad side. You have even exhibited a trait here. Arrogance! That's una logo.. telling me to stay off igbo matters on a public forum. Talking as if being igbo makes you enter heaven. Im not surprised, I tell my friends and some admit it. The average igbo man is arrogant and that was what killed kanu. Overing pushing his luck, even when dem dey beg am to calm down.

I'm not supporting anyone because the army or buhari doesn't need my support to handle biafra.

You obviously don't use your brains. This is a public forum and even Nigerians comment on Zimbabwean issues. Do they have to be Zimbabweans to talk? You talk abt donald trump. Are u an American? Why you dey shook mouth? Is Nairaland an igbo man forum? WHY ARE YOU HERE, since you want to do exclusive igbo? Anu-ofia.

Why is biafra begging UN to help them? Is UN an igbo man association? So they can talk on igbo matters but me don't have right to talk? Ewu Namibia. Listen to yoursef.

I'm free to comment on anything be it igbo or not. If dem do well I go hail them but if na nonsense I go blast dem. Deal with it. I'm not a tribalist I'm just commenting and it's my opinion, irrespective of tribe, religion or whatsoever.

Who cares whether Nigeria failed or not? It's not new naa and whether agree or not even the igbo just like every other tribe contributed to destroying Nigeria, so blaming it on others is nonsense. All the money wey igbo senators and ministers don steal nkor? Go and sit down jare and as per your biafran dream, just forget it. You that can't organize your state, you think biafra is a short cut to good life.

Look at what calabar, Akwa Ibom and Lagos have become because their leaders have brains to think.

I had tried as much as possible to be civil with you, and I would appreciate you keep this discussion civil without unnecessary use of expletives like "Ewu this" and Anuofia that. Believe me, if I go vulgar with you, you won't be able to stand the heat.

Furthermore, you had deviated this discussion to Biafra /Nigeria issue to deflect your error, this is typical Nigerian behavior that had resulted in the country remaining a failed Third World entity.

You misrepresented Igbo customs and traditions, I pointed this out to you and schooled you on Igbo customs and traditions, rather than take your correction in peace, you veered off telling me about how you have Igbo in-laws, and how you had spent time in Igboland, like any of those have anything to do with your misrepresentation of Igbo customs
And all till now, all you had done was raise unnecessary issues to avoid conceding the fact that you misrepresnted Igbo customs.

A more reasonable person would have taken correction offered, and maybe gone on a personal search to verify them, but you are a typical Nigerian, and so here we are.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by deebsman1(m): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
Temidayo9:
Who is KANU ?

An answer has never been dis sugar my belle like dis before?....wu d hell is Kanu

Anambra elections has held, losers can go to hell

1 Like

Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by laribari(m): 6:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
Igboid:

I had tried as much as possible to be civil with you, and I would appreciate you keep this discussion civil without unnecessary use of expletives like "Ewu this" and Anuofia that. Believe me, if I go vulgar with you, you won't be able to stand the heat.

Furthermore, you had deviated this discussion to Biafra /Nigeria issue to deflect your error, this is typical Nigerian behavior that had resulted in the country remaining a failed Third World entity.

You misrepresented Igbo customs and traditions, I pointed this out to you and schooled you on Igbo customs and traditions, rather than take your correction in peace, you veered off telling me about how you have Igbo in-laws, and how you had spent time in Igboland, like any of those have anything to do with your misrepresentation of Igbo customs
And all till now, all you had done was raise unnecessary issues to avoid conceding the fact that you misrepresnted Igbo customs.

A more reasonable person would have taken correction offered, and maybe gone on a personal search to verify them, but you are a typical Nigerian, and so here we are.

School what? Who igbo custom epp? Abeg bounce. You don't have point. You see me like a push over? U are always talking like you know everything, even things about me. Pls go vulgar!

Which correction are you talking about? I made very valid points on my very first post but you personalized it and tell me that I'm trying to be igbo or something like that. Telling me to stay off igbo issues. What right do you have? I gave my opinion like anyone else but you want to run the rule over me here. Didn't you deviate too?

In fact, no need for plenty talk. Biafra is history and the anambra election wasn't boycotted as a sign to show the defeat of biafra.

This thread is abt kanu and that calls biafra or Nigeria to mind. I'm very well within context.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Igboid: 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
laribari:

School what? Who igbo custom epp? Abeg bounce. You don't have point. You see me like a push over? U are always talking like you know everything, even things about me. Pls go vulgar!

Which correction are you talking about? I made very valid points on my very first post but you personalized it and tell me that I'm trying to be igbo or something like that. Telling me to stay off igbo issues. What right do you have? I gave my opinion like anyone else but you want to run the rule over me here. Didn't you deviate too?

In fact, no need for plenty talk. Biafra is history and the anambra election wasn't boycotted as a sign to show the defeat of biafra.

This thread is abt kanu and that calls biafra or Nigeria to mind. I'm very well within context.

How exactly are your points valid?

You said Igbos don't prostrate for any reason for any body, I had debunked your claim, citing instances where prostration is allowed in Igboland and then I linked it up with the NK and IPOB scenario.
Many well bred Igbo man who grew up in rural areas know this.

Then rather than accept this fact, you went about telling me how you are related to Igbo.
Then I asked how does you being related to Igbos or not change the fact that your first assertion was invalid.

Since then, all you had done is shout Biafra this Biafra that, trying to score cheap points, and when you think it's not working, you removed your Biafraphobia toga to reveal your innate Igbophobia by going on to tell me how Calabar and the rest are supposedly doing better than Ndiigbo.
Like how exactly is that related to the point I'm trying to make you grasp, which is that your first post here was invalid, and infact, a misrepresentation of Ndiigbo and our ways?

"Go and sit down jare and as per your biafran dream, just forget it. You that can't organize your state, you think biafra is a short cut to good life.

Look at what calabar, Akwa Ibom and Lagos have become because their leaders have brains to think".

As for your above senseless quote , I already know that Biafraphobia is a fancy way Igbophobic peeps use to hide their innate Igbophobia, so I'm not in anyway surprised.
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by laribari(m): 3:17am On Nov 20, 2017
Igboid:

How exactly are your points valid?

You said Igbos don't prostrate for any reason for any body, I had debunked your claim, citing instances where prostration is allowed in Igboland and then I linked it up with the NK and IPOB scenario.
Many well bred Igbo man who grew up in rural areas know this.

Then rather than accept this fact, you went about telling me how you are related to Igbo.
Then I asked how does you being related to Igbos or not change the fact that your first assertion was invalid.

Since then, all you had done is shout Biafra this Biafra that, trying to score cheap points, and when you think it's not working, you removed your Biafraphobia toga to reveal your innate Igbophobia by going on to tell me how Calabar and the rest are supposedly doing better than Ndiigbo.
Like how exactly is that related to the point I'm trying to make you grasp, which is that your first post here was invalid, and infact, a misrepresentation of Ndiigbo and our ways?

"Go and sit down jare and as per your biafran dream, just forget it. You that can't organize your state, you think biafra is a short cut to good life.

Look at what calabar, Akwa Ibom and Lagos have become because their leaders have brains to think".

As for your above senseless quote , I already know that Biafraphobia is a fancy way Igbophobic peeps use to hide their innate Igbophobia, so I'm not in anyway surprised.

You obviously do not know what you are saying. The picture isn't just igbo but it's about kanu and biafra. The OP compared kanu to a king in terms of homage and many people like you try to justify the kind of worship kanu receives which I believe is wrong. Is kanu a king? A high priest according to your claim?

Mr man, use your head. This thread is first about kanu and biafra before it is about igbos.

The people defending kanu ARE OBVIOUSLY BIAFRA SUPPORTERS and kanu fan boys. This first has nothing to do with igbos. The op compared kanu to a crowned king. Instead of you to see reason, receive sense and move on, you went about telling me how igbos prostrate. Mr man, igbos are not known to prostrate. It is not their thing period.

If they prostrate, it is on very very rare occasion as cited that they do to a priest but that is trash. Anybody can prostrate to a deity in worship inside or out a shrine. Is kanu a deity or a king? Someone claimed kanu is a prince and we didn't know that since? So?? Is he an heir to any throne?

This thread centers on kanu/biafra leader.

Argue all you want, but igbos are not traditionally known to prostrate while greeting. I have never seen one in an everyday life activity. You are here arguing rubbish becos of pride.

Comparing kanu to a crowned king of ife was where you first lost it. Even before we see that king as a yoruba man, he is first a king and king are being bowed to cos it's their kingdom and it has nothing to do with him being a yoruba man or not. U bow to a king irrespective of tribe. You consider him being a king, before even saying whether he is yoruba or not. Likewise, not bring tribe or igbo into it, is kanu a king? Why compare him to a crowned God?

Kings are like gods, they own everything and their people are subject before them. Who is kanu? This thread is first abt kanu before considering whether he is igbo or not.

Let me ask you. Do you prostrate to your parents when you greet them? All your uncles, do you prostrate to them? Does your younger ones prostrate to you? Becos now u like to argue.

My point is clear.

1. Politically, Kanu can't be worshipped like a king becos he is not one and comparing him to a crowned king is madness.

2. Even if we go tribal, he can't be worshipped too because it's not a day to day activity of igbos to prostrate to people except you are in a high place of religious power or traditional power (as you claim) which kanu is not.

Which king does kanu rule over? Biafra kingdom!
Re: "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) by Igboid: 4:29am On Nov 20, 2017
laribari:

You obviously do not know what you are saying. The picture isn't just igbo but it's about kanu and biafra. The OP compared kanu to a king in terms of homage and many people like you try to justify the kind of worship kanu receives which I believe is wrong. Is kanu a king? A high priest according to your claim?

Mr man, use your head. This thread is first about kanu and biafra before it is about igbos.

The people defending kanu ARE OBVIOUSLY BIAFRA SUPPORTERS and kanu fan boys. This first has nothing to do with igbos. The op compared kanu to a crowned king. Instead of you to see reason, receive sense and move on, you went about telling me how igbos prostrate. Mr man, igbos are not known to prostrate. It is not their thing period.

If they prostrate, it is on very very rare occasion as cited that they do to a priest but that is trash. Anybody can prostrate to a deity in worship inside or out a shrine. Is kanu a deity or a king? Someone claimed kanu is a prince and we didn't know that since? So?? Is he an heir to any throne?

This thread centers on kanu/biafra leader.

Argue all you want, but igbos are not traditionally known to prostrate while greeting. I have never seen one in an everyday life activity. You are here arguing rubbish becos of pride.

Comparing kanu to a crowned king of ife was where you first lost it. Even before we see that king as a yoruba man, he is first a king and king are being bowed to cos it's their kingdom and it has nothing to do with him being a yoruba man or not. U bow to a king irrespective of tribe. You consider him being a king, before even saying whether he is yoruba or not. Likewise, not bring tribe or igbo into it, is kanu a king? Why compare him to a crowned God?

Kings are like gods, they own everything and their people are subject before them. Who is kanu? This thread is first abt kanu before considering whether he is igbo or not.

Let me ask you. Do you prostrate to your parents when you greet them? All your uncles, do you prostrate to them? Does your younger ones prostrate to you? Becos now u like to argue.

My point is clear.

1. Politically, Kanu can't be worshipped like a king becos he is not one and comparing him to a crowned king is madness.

2. Even if we go tribal, he can't be worshipped too because it's not a day to day activity of igbos to prostrate to people except you are in a high place of religious power or traditional power (as you claim) which kanu is not.

Which king does kanu rule over? Biafra kingdom!

You just typed another incoherent verbose post.

You still don't get it. People don't get protratated to in Igboland because they are kings or because they are elders.
They get prostrated to on rare occasions on account of appreciation for a favour done.
Kanu gets prostrated to by his followers because they believe he did them a great favour becoming their spokesman and taking upon himself the dangers being their vocal representative.

Kings are only important in their domain. Yoruba kings will command no respect from the average Igbo man from the street. But Kanu would.
Kings are being bowed to by their subjects because they respect them.
If I meet Ife king I wouldn't bow to him, as I don't consider him god or to have done anything for me to warrant bowing down to him. Bowing down in Igbo culture is related to appreciation for a favour done, not on nonsensical god status or divine coronation or chronological age attainment .

A people or group reserve the right to chose who to give their respect to based on criteria that suits them.

You reserve to prostate to mere mortals based on nonsensical belief of god status and divine coronation, another decided to prostrate to another man in appreciation for a perceived favor rendered.

In a rational world where people use their brains, this shouldn't be an issue for discussion, but it's arising here because of lack of common sense amongst many.

The picture isn't about Igbo, yet you were already talking trash about Igbo leaders and comparing Igboland with Calabar and the rest . Are Igbo leaders Biafra supporters as well? You see how unreasonable you sound?

You deceive no one but yourself.

And your points are still invalid

1. Politically Kanu can be prostrated to, and if he steps out today, thousands, if not Millions of his supporters would still prostrate for him, because he commands their respect, and they won't prostrate to your Oni, Oba, Enogie or as the case might be, because they are persona non gratas to them.

2. Culturally Kanu can be prostrated to, by those whose respect he commands, those who feel indebted to him for choosing the uneasy task of being their spokesperson.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osinbajo Mocks Adeleke, Dino Melaye At Independence Day Gala Night / Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Obasanjo: Buhari Plans To Rig The 2019 Elections (FULL STATEMENT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.