Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Why Would God Create The Devil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Create The Devil? (912 Views)

Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? / Why Would God Create Homosexuals And Direct Them To...... / Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would God Create The Devil? by Tender1(m): 3:32am On Nov 18, 2017
why would god create the devil?

I was wondering recently where angels came from. Thinking about it, they would have had to be created by god. So in turn, as was the devil. So I started looking into it and the only answer I got was some bogus statement about free will. I mean what kind of god says he love you but will let you willingly make the choices that lead to eternal damnation? smiley

It's the usual disclaimer man always includes in contractual agreements when circumstances beyond his control prevent him from holding up his part of the bargain.

In this case, god (men stating that god speaks through them) cannot be held responsible for a person choosing not to worship him. By that "fee will" disclaimer, god gets out of giving evidence of his power over man's actions and instead assigns that power to man himself as a test to give evidence of his faith to do god's will. You see, the conjurers of god were freaking brilliant.

Let's listen in, shall we...

Man claiming himself to be the voice of god:

"No, no, no; god can easily control your actions but that proves nothing of your love for him. He has decided to make you prove your love. You must act accordingly with the power of free will he's empowered you with to guide yourself by his will. Only then will he measure your worth." - Or, some such nonsense.

One of my coworkers tried to lay the notion of free will on me one day when we were in a discussion of damnation. I simply told him that it didn't fly in the face of a supposed omniscient, omnipotent force of will to make that claim. When I delve into the deaths of innocent children from natural calamities or other causes he goes vacuous. He shuts down completely when I bring up birth defects, starvation and other causes unrelated to man's evil he perpetrates upon himself.
Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by Zenithpeak(m): 3:57am On Nov 18, 2017
god(s) NEVER CREATED ANYTHING! shocked

The GOD of heaven created all live and all things in heaven and on earth through His world and They are well created (good)

Lucifer (an archangel) was corrupted in his thoughts and became worse until he become the standard to measure evil. The exercise of his will against his good destiny in God gave us satan.

God never created devil, it is Lucifer's degeration that brought about the devil and unfortunately, the op is following the same path of the lucifer. cry
Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by 0temAtum: 5:18am On Nov 18, 2017
Who is devil? Who is God?
Devil is anything or anyone who does evil. God is the sum total of everything.
God did not create an entity called devil, but we and everything in existence exhibit good and evil. Any good done on earth, it is we who are doing them, so also are the evils on earth, so God actually created everything and everything God created exhibits both evil and good.
Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by 0temAtum: 5:23am On Nov 18, 2017
Zenithpeak:

The GOD of heaven created all live and all things in heaven and on earth through His world and They are well created (good)

Lucifer (an archangel) was corrupted in his thoughts and became worse until he become the standard to measure evil. The exercise of his will against his good destiny in God gave us satan.

God never created devil, it is Lucifer's degeration that brought about the devil and unfortunately, the op is following the same path of the lucifer. cry
Lucifer(Allah) is not responsible for all the evil of the world and Satan(Yahweh) isn't responsible for all the evils of the world too. The evil they both have committed combined cannot be equated to the evil human beings themselves have committed, so leave these gods out of these matter since they are even subjected to a spiritual cage at the moment.
Human beings should start accepting responsibility and they should stop pushing all the blames on some entities who have made their own mistakes in the past.

4 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by orisa37: 5:33am On Nov 18, 2017
God created The Devil to stop Evil in Humans.
Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by hopefulLandlord: 6:03am On Nov 18, 2017
when you create a good superhero, you'll need a good supervillain to go alongside it and help the superhero idea make sense

that's reason the people that created Batman also created Ra’s Al Ghul

Same reason the people that created Thor created Loki

Same reason the creators of Spiderman created doctor octopus

same reason creators of Superman created Lex Luthor

the creators of Abrahamic god created the devil so that god can make sense

3 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by Tender1(m): 9:23pm On Nov 18, 2017
Zenithpeak:

Didn't God know what will be the result before creating the devil?
Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by Tender1(m): 9:25pm On Nov 18, 2017
0temAtum:
Who is devil? Who is God?
Devil is anything or anyone who does evil. God is the sum total of everything.
God did not create an entity called devil, but we and everything in existence exhibit good and evil. Any good done on earth, it is we who are doing them, so also are the evils on earth, so God actually created everything and everything God created exhibits both evil and good.

Why would god create evil thought in the mind of Lucifer?
Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by Tender1(m): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2017
orisa37:
God created The Devil to stop Evil in Humans.

Do you think at all? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by Zenithpeak(m): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2017
Tender1:

Didn't God know what will be the result before creating the devil?

Did you read my comment at all?

Have you ever read Ezekiel 28:15?

Lucifer became Satan (devil) as a result of his own free will.
Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by Tender1(m): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
when you create a good superhero, you'll need a good supervillain to go alongside it and help the superhero idea make sense

that's reason the people that created Batman also created Ra’s Al Ghul

Same reason the people that created Thor created Loki

Same reason the creators of Spiderman created doctor octopus

same reason creators of Superman created Lex Luthor

the creators of Abrahamic god created the devil so that god can make sense

Bro you're thinking well. I'm wondering what's wrong with people who go to church.

Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by Zenithpeak(m): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2017
Tender1:

The god you are talking about is bye-product of the fall of lucifer.
Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by Tender1(m): 9:40pm On Nov 18, 2017
Zenithpeak:

Did you read my comment at all?

Have you ever read Ezekiel 28:15?

Lucifer became Satan (devil) as a result of his own free will.

Hello Bro, why are you referring me to the Bible? Have you written a project before? What was known and what's now known stand as one, but I've needs to be current.
Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by 0temAtum: 9:42pm On Nov 18, 2017
Tender1:

Thoughts, both evil and good, are in the minds of all creatures of God, be it Allah(Lucifer), Yahweh(Satan), Moloch and Baal, including you and me and everybody in the world. But we have a choice to ignore evil thoughts coming to our minds and think of only good things. BTW, God Almighty doesn't judge anyone after death, it's all a ruse that God judges people.
Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by Zenithpeak(m): 9:49pm On Nov 18, 2017
Tender1:

Hello Bro, why are you referring me to the Bible? Have you written a project before? What was known and what's now known stand as one, but I've needs to be current.[color=#990000][/color]

Couldn't understand your Vitupirations @bold
Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by Tender1(m): 12:47am On Nov 19, 2017
Zenithpeak:

Couldn't understand your Vitupirations @bold

Wait for Lala to correct this to you.
Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by Nobody: 4:54am On Nov 19, 2017
OP...

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by orisa37: 7:00am On Nov 19, 2017
Tender1:

Do you think at all? undecided

You mean you don't have more than sufficient reasons in God sending Satan, one of His Spirit Sons to Job, who was also one His physically created good Sons?

Beware of dented education. Don't allow this Recession to finish you. God knows it is Devil planning to force you to vote APC come 2019!!!
Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by Tender1(m): 8:02am On Nov 19, 2017
orisa37:

You mean you don't have more than sufficient reasons in God sending Satan, one of His Spirit Sons to Job, who was also one His physically created good Sons?

Beware of dented education. Don't allow this Recession to finish you. God knows it is Devil planning to force you to vote APC come 2019!!!

Voting apc is like a suicide mission, especially now their purpose is known. When the purpose of a thing isn't known abuse is inevitable, so god's purpose for creating Satan is to torment us his children he claimed he love?

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by Hier(m): 8:08am On Nov 19, 2017
God no create the devil

The devil formerly Lucifer rebelled against God and God took him out, he explored wickedness of different sort and tricked Adam

Adam was disobedient to God and disobedience brings sin, because he that sinneth is the devils property ( of the devil)

Shalom
Re: Why Would God Create The Devil? by orisa37: 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
Torment and Enjoyment are Products from thesame Brew. And God is our Power, Might and Hope(Inspiration) to overcome Torment.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/01/18 / C.a.c Sunday School Lesson For June 24, Topic - Jesus Continues Loving After Res / 50 Days 50 Reasons Why God Does Not Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.