Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" (31206 Views)

Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators / Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People / Obaseki Warns Oshiomhole: 'I Will Show Him I'm The Governor' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 9:05am On Nov 18, 2017
rolly44:
Some time when pepeople speak u just get their hate mode from their tune, you recognise the ijaws as dwellers in your state as what? Strangers, if delta state was cut among beni obaseki would have called all urhobos and itsekiris as beni, the oba of beni is for beni people why will he extend his rule to other tribes, it is clear that obaseki is enviouse of the ijaws, if he knows the ancestra history of the ijaws he would have stay calm, any where the jaw occupied crude oil also occupied, the only local government that producess oil in edo is occupied by ijaw. check the record, in ondo, edo, bayelsa, rivers akwa ibom just check, it shows tha it is becaouse of the ijaw that we enjoy these blessings harming them is to harm your blessings, if ijaws leave nigeria today oil will dry off, it is thier glory everyone lives on
dear don't mind dem ooh

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nnamdiojukwu: 9:05am On Nov 18, 2017
Afriifa:
are you starting what you can't finish?
just mention a state in the north where Yoruba's cab be found as indigenes?
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 9:07am On Nov 18, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
he said the Northern part of Ondo state, not the Northern part of Nigeria.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 9:07am On Nov 18, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
I'm from the Ijaw parts of Akwa ibom state and i support the ijaws on this. We will never stand and watch how our brothers are marginalized there in their ancestral land.
Obaseki and the caged Oba should back off.
Cc TonyeBarcanista
Awaji igbanam oh, ire ire

One Ijaw nation can face anybody
ASAWANA! !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Jac007(m): 9:07am On Nov 18, 2017
Afriifa:
my bro. stop asking silly questions, sorry to say. it is an act of ignorance not to know one's history in this era.

Just mention one of their settlements that is violent free.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 9:08am On Nov 18, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
Kogi, kwara are northern states and are hausa-fulani land wer yoruba settlers will be chased from
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nnamdiojukwu: 9:08am On Nov 18, 2017
Afriifa:
he said the Northern part of Ondo state, not the Northern part of Nigeria.
No,go check again.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by airsaylongcon: 9:14am On Nov 18, 2017
mychiveous:
You can't wake up one morning and then decide to crown a king out of thin air it's not done anywhere. The urhobo community in ovia north east should also crown their own king since they've been there dating back to 5 generation.

Please provide more insight into this Urhobo community. What Urhobo Delta Community are they closely related to?
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:14am On Nov 18, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
No,go check again.

Kwara, Kogi and Niger state has yo-ro-ba people there, they have every right to those lands as much as the northerners.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 18, 2017
Xisnin:

cheesy
Mr Joker, I bet your village also deserves to be a country.
So much comic.
if the people from his village wants a country of their own,nothing should stop them
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by deekseen(m): 9:15am On Nov 18, 2017
I don't understand what Obaseki is trying to insinuate.

In other places the Yorubas will hhave their Baale, the Hausas will have their Seriki and the Igbos will have their Eze Ndigbo (or whatever the title is) in the same community and no one will say anything.

Now, the Ijaws crowned theirs to protect their interests and it's a problem?

The "Majority" are gods and the "Minority", footstools?

Obaseki, do your worst!

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by ashawopikin(m): 9:17am On Nov 18, 2017
Abegi nothing dey happen
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nnamdiojukwu: 9:19am On Nov 18, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Kwara, Kogi and Niger state has yo-ro-ba people there, they have every right to those lands as much as the northerners.
I live in Niger state,what rights are you referring to here please?

Don't say that to the hearing of a Nupe man or woman,?

Yorubas in Niger state are settlers, all of them have their state of origin ok

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 9:21am On Nov 18, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
No,go check again.
haba bros, even common sense will tell you no na.. maybe some parts of kogi(i know some friends there that speaks yoruba with niggas from lagos) or maybe kwara state n that's north central n not really north.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by phreakabit(m): 9:21am On Nov 18, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
You finally spoiled your comments with the last statement,can you mention one or two projects northners worked against?

Apart from the criminals/bokoharam moving with cattle, how many militants group do you know in the north?
Ijaw are pirates, we are not.
Ijaw are oil thief's we are not.
Ijaw are kidnappers we are not.
Ijaw hate good things we are not.
Next time check your facts before mentioning a geopolitical zone.

Fulani herdsmen are listed as an international terrorist group, Ijaws are not.
Aboki constitute 99% of Boko haram (Yor0bas making just 1%). . . . Ijaws don't.
Boko haram are listed as a terrorist group. . . Ijaws are not.
Boko haram kidnap and rape children and women. Ijaws do not.
Boko haram and MOST Abokis are pedophiles . . . Ijaws largely aren't.
Western education, is a good thing. . . . Boko Haram and Northerners hate it. . . Ijaws go to school happily.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:22am On Nov 18, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
I live in Niger state,what rights are you referring to here please?

Don't say that to the hearing of a Nupe man or woman,?

Yorubas in Niger state are settlers, all of them have their state of origin ok

Yorubas are not settlers in Niger state, they have every right to run as every other man or woman in Niger state. This talk of settlers doesn't work in one Nigeria. If the yorubas put their act together they can push for the governor's seat. They are a major tribe in Niger state.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by mychiveous(f): 9:27am On Nov 18, 2017
airsaylongcon:

Please provide more insight into this Urhobo community. What Urhobo Delta Community are they closely related to?
There are urhobo communities in Iguoboh, Omede,Aguorohobo, Inakpa,Usen , Okada and it's environs and these urhobo people living in these places were born there.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nnamdiojukwu: 9:27am On Nov 18, 2017
phreakabit:

Fulani herdsmen are listed as an international terrorist group, Ijaws are not.
Aboki constitute 99% of Boko haram (Yor0bas making just 1%). . . . Ijaws don't.
Boko haram are listed as a terrorist group. . . Ijaws are not.
Boko haram kidnap and rape children and women.
Boko haram and MOST Abokis are pedophiles . . . Ijaws largely aren't.
Western education, is a good thing. . . . Boko Haram and Northerners hate it. . . Ijaws go to school happily.
So you mean Ijaw people are educated?

why is their region one of the poorest in the country?

Can you tell me why an educated person will hate a good thing and keep driving development away?

with the geographical location of ijaw land,they have no single seaport, no single airport why?

The booming business in Ijaw land is ogogolo,can you call such a people educated?

8 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by mychiveous(f): 9:29am On Nov 18, 2017
deekseen:
I don't understand what Obaseki is trying to insinuate.

In other places the Yorubas will hhave their Baale, the Hausas will have their Seriki and the Igbos will have their Eze Ndigbo (or whatever the title is) in the same community and no one will say anything.

Now, the Ijaws crowned theirs to protect their interests and it's a problem?

The "Majority" are gods and the "Minority", footstools?

Obaseki, do your worst!
They can have an enogie but not a king.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nnamdiojukwu: 9:30am On Nov 18, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Yorubas are not settlers in Niger state, they have every right to run as every other man or woman in Niger state. This talk of settlers doesn't work in one Nigeria. If the yorubas put their act together they can push for the governor's seat. They are a major tribe in Niger state.
You can not educate me of their presence in Niger state,let them test their popularity by contesting for a counsellor ship seat in Niger state.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Abagworo(m): 9:32am On Nov 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Nobody is interested in oppressing any law abiding Ijaws in Edo State. But any criminals coming from far away Ijaw land to derail the seaport project would be dealt with severely.

Why would a people be so backward. It's just terrible. If anything good wants to be built, Ijaws would just want to disrupt it. That's how the Oil and Gas free zone which was to be built in Escravos was derailed because of the stupid argument that Ijaws chose to have with itsekiri. Now Jonathan left and the project that would have created thousands upon thousands of jobs has been abandoned.
The Brass LNG project also has been abandoned. Not a single project in anywhere Ijaws exist. Bayelsa with all its allocation is probably the worst state in the South. It appears like the Ijaws are the Northerners of Southern Nigeria.

Even the dredging of River Niger was stopped by Ijaws though the reason is understandable.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Mccullum: 9:33am On Nov 18, 2017
Afriifa:
I am no much fan of History, but I learnt from historical facts that the Ijaws settled in the present day Edo State before any other tribe and was ousted out later by one of the historical tribe that made up the present yoruba with a quest to enlarge their empire.. after a failed attempt at first. the Ijaws were forced out, that's why you find the ijaws in Delta. rivers and bayelsa and e.t.c (still within the Niger Delta) becux they were scattered due to the war.. and I think the Ijaws in present day Edo state were the few lucky ones not to be affected by the war or were the ones that later came back to settle after the war.. because. I know for a fact what Gelegele means in my native dialects, even my kiddo that grew up North knows the meaning of that word.. if it weren't for bad politics rocking the Nigerian atmosphere. The Ijaws would have been revered as one of the outstanding tribes to maintain their ancient culture and tradition till dates.. an average Ijaw man has to fight everyday to protect what it has because mother nature has installed him with all the enviable qualities other tribes would kill for....

https://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/blogpost

?id=2971192%3ABlogPos
t%3A4834

I debunk your assertion that Ijaws spread in Niger delta area because of war against them in Edo state during precolonial era, the fact is ijaws means of living is where ever there's rivers, they'll settled around the terrain due to their source of income is via water - such as fishing and making of salt etc. such group of people Can't settle in one place permanently except few amongst them who were farmers that settled permanently and that's the reason why Ijaws were minorities in different states and such status doesn't peculiar to them in Nigeria as Ilajes in Ondo and Eguns in Ogun State and Lagos respectively backed it that most of such similar ethnic groups lost majority status various state they settled because of their nature of work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by WiseFool2(m): 9:34am On Nov 18, 2017
rolly44:
Some time when pepeople speak u just get their hate mode from their tune, you recognise the ijaws as dwellers in your state as what? Strangers, if delta state was cut among beni obaseki would have called all urhobos and itsekiris as beni, the oba of beni is for beni people why will he extend his rule to other tribes, it is clear that obaseki is enviouse of the ijaws, if he knows the ancestra history of the ijaws he would have stay calm, any where the jaw occupied crude oil also occupied, the only local government that producess oil in edo is occupied by ijaw. check the record, in ondo, edo, bayelsa, rivers akwa ibom just check, it shows tha it is becaouse of the ijaw that we enjoy these blessings harming them is to harm your blessings, if ijaws leave nigeria today oil will dry off, it is thier glory everyone lives on
The only local government area that produces oil in edo state is owned by ijaw? U must be a comedian. I guess you haven't heard of Ologbo community in Ikpoba Okha local government area. That little community has more oil well that all the ijaw communities in edo state put together. That community has play host to NPDC for more than 25 years now. Several oil servicing companies has been drilling oil from that community for decades. The oil doesn't get dried.
What about Ajatiton, Kolokolo and other itsekiri communities that falls under same Ikpoba Okha local government area that also play host to NPDC and other oil servicing companies in the riverine areas? How many oil companies can you find in Ijaw communities in edo state. If you are talking about the local government area that sustaining edo state with its oil, it's Ikpoba Okha local government area. But in all of this, the Olu of warri for years has never tried to usurp the authority of the Oba of Benin. There are itsekiri communities in edo state that have great number of oil wells, yet, they don't unnecessarily see themselves as owners of the land or try to install a king. But that can't be said of the ijaws. Wherever they find themselves, they always wanna flex muscles. They tried it in Ondo state years ago until they were caged. Did you hear their voice again?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by ELAGAIE(m): 9:34am On Nov 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Nobody is interested in oppressing any law abiding Ijaws in Edo State. But any criminals coming from far away Ijaw land to derail the seaport project would be dealt with severely.

Why would a people be so backward. It's just terrible. If anything good wants to be built, Ijaws would just want to disrupt it. That's how the Oil and Gas free zone which was to be built in Escravos was derailed because of the stupid argument that Ijaws chose to have with itsekiri. Now Jonathan left and the project that would have created thousands upon thousands of jobs has been abandoned.
The Brass LNG project also has been abandoned. Not a single project in anywhere Ijaws exist. Bayelsa with all its allocation is probably the worst state in the South. It appears like the Ijaws are the Northerners of Southern Nigeria.

U are very right, we have their type in Northern Nigeria too, the TIV people, they are the worst in terms of everything, especially when it comes to morality, to the extent i refer to them as the Southerners of Northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Odioko1(m): 9:38am On Nov 18, 2017
airsaylongcon:

Agbarha in Ughelli
Agbarha in Warri south LGA
Oghara in Ethiope west................

They Urhobo in Edo state also have councillors representing them in that LGA

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 9:40am On Nov 18, 2017
Mccullum:

I debunk your assertion that Ijaws spread in Niger delta area because of war against them in Edo state during precolonial era, the fact is ijaws means of living is where ever there's rivers, they'll settled around the terrain due to their source of income is via water - such as fishing and making of salt etc. such group of people Can't settle in one place permanently except few amongst them who were farmers that settled permanently and that's the reason why Ijaws were minorities in different states and such status doesn't peculiar to them in Nigeria as Ilajes in Ondo and Eguns in Ogun State and Lagos respectively backed it that most of such similar ethnic groups lost majority status various state they settled because of their nature of work.
... man you lie. go read history.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by deekseen(m): 9:44am On Nov 18, 2017
mychiveous:
They can have an enogie but not a king.
That's what settlers do. These Ijaws have a right to the Land.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by KxngKrypt(m): 9:46am On Nov 18, 2017
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by TheWordist(m): 9:55am On Nov 18, 2017
Afriifa:
I am no much fan of History, but I learnt from historical facts that the Ijaws settled in the present day Edo State before any other tribe and was ousted out later by one of the historical tribe that made up the present yoruba with a quest to enlarge their empire.. after a failed attempt at first. the Ijaws were forced out, that's why you find the ijaws in Delta. rivers and bayelsa and e.t.c (still within the Niger Delta) becux they were scattered due to the war.. and I think the Ijaws in present day Edo state were the few lucky ones not to be affected by the war or were the ones that later came back to settle after the war.. because. I know for a fact what Gelegele means in my native dialects, even my kiddo that grew up North knows the meaning of that word.. if it weren't for bad politics rocking the Nigerian atmosphere. The Ijaws would have been revered as one of the outstanding tribes to maintain their ancient culture and tradition till dates.. an average Ijaw man has to fight everyday to protect what it has because mother nature has installed him with all the enviable qualities other tribes would kill for....

https://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/blogpost?id=2971192%3ABlogPost%3A4834
dirty post,smelling mouth,
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by dview001(m): 9:58am On Nov 18, 2017
ijaw and Edo people should settle their differences because we are one Nigerdelta... you are only to fight with the Yorubas and foolanis
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by somehow: 9:58am On Nov 18, 2017
Gelegele means alot of word in Bini, one is "truthfully" or "Of a truth".
Afriifa:

https://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/blogpost?id=2971192%3ABlogPost%3A4834

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:59am On Nov 18, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
I'm from the Ijaw parts of Akwa ibom state and i support the ijaws on this. We will never stand and watch how our brothers are marginalized there in their ancestral land.
Obaseki and the caged Oba should back off.
Cc TonyeBarcanista
Oba is a problem to Edo state

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control / Fosting Franc, Soldier Killed In The Battle Against Boko Haram / Fayose Inspects 1.2km Flyover Bridge Project In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.