Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,914 members, 7,806,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services (8327 Views)

How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? / Come In Lets Share Funds | Cyberleets Community / What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by webincomeplus(m): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:

Alright, thanks. I was about paying a lotta money for hostgator's baby plan for 3 years. I guess I'll have to do a little more research
That's the plan I've been using with them since 2012. But I'm seriously considering moving all my sites to Namecheap.

But as a note of warning, don't make the mistake of paying for any hosting service for 3 years at once. Anything can happen along the line, and getting a refund can be hard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by IAmSkinny: 7:54am On Nov 19, 2017
I use whogohost for my blog
www.fototech.com.ng
One issue I have right now is that I am running out of Web disk space and the most funniest thing is that my multimedia files (pictures only) are not even that much.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by economia: 7:55am On Nov 19, 2017
I want to use '1and1.com' am I save?
what and what am I to expect or expected to get from them?
please help me web people
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by adeblow(m): 8:29am On Nov 19, 2017
Stay away from smartweb, they are just an apology and scam at Tue same time. I tried them twice and they have proved to be unfit, u will hardly be able to install your site, and when u do, u can't update.
Qservers.net is a good one.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:02am On Nov 19, 2017
Heroku

Digital Ocean

AWS (complex, requires high sysadmin skills)

In that order for mission critical apps. These are the professional solutions.
Otherwise you can use other 'secondary' services as mentioned above.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by charismaticdave(m): 9:03am On Nov 19, 2017
Heromaniaa:
I host with whogohost. Recently I exhausted my bandwith and couldn't log in. So I told them about it. A technical staff told me to erase some files that looked like myphp something something... I had backed up some time ago. But after the deletion, I couldn't log in again. And couldn't find my backup files. I need help.

Na soponna go kill those people. Too much downtime and customer support no even know wetin dem dey do
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by mixta140: 9:16am On Nov 19, 2017
I use 1and1 ... it's very okay
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Yinkash100(m): 9:31am On Nov 19, 2017
SConnect:

Can you tell us more about your website and why it requires alot of storage space?

Thank You.

D site deals user generated Content, and every post should have a picture

Heromaniaa:
I host with whogohost. Recently I exhausted my bandwith and couldn't log in. So I told them about it. A technical staff told me to erase some files that looked like myphp something something... I had backed up some time ago. But after the deletion, I couldn't log in again. And couldn't find my backup files. I need help.

welcome to Nigeria bro, you've successfully deleted your backup/ history or whatever.

solid3:

What space size are you looking at? I can help host for you.

Thanks for the offer, but I have a tutor waiting for me, his name is experience

1 Like

Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Dmayor7(m): 9:38am On Nov 19, 2017
Yinkash100:
I am about to host a website which will require alot of storage space. Presently, I'm lost among all the adverts i see.
pls comment on your personal experience only, I don't want what you read online, or from review sites. I've read alot of that

Hello sir,

There is no other web hosting you need but Bluehost.

Click here https://www.bluehost.com/track/darlingtonokafor/ to buy from them now.

Note that I get a little commission when you buy using the link above but at no additional cost to you.

Nevertheless, am giving you a very honest review based on my years using their service

Bluehost has been around since 1996 and is the official recommended hosting company by WordPress itself.

Bluehost is what i use in hosting many of my clients website and have been getting good and real value for my money.

Guaranteed 99.9% server uptime.

24/7 professional support on live chat, email, and phone.

Easy to use dashboard interface.

Recommended by many big company's and important individuals around the world.

Recommended by WordPress themselves.

Free domain on buying any hosting package.

30 days money back guarantee.

Sincerely, you can't get a better host than that.

And you can even get a Free fully built website of your choice when you buy their package.

Click here www.w3programs.com/free-setup and see for yourself.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Yinkash100(m): 9:51am On Nov 19, 2017
The problem is that most of the hosting providers will win you over with their cheap prices but it only last for a year after which you will pay three times the amount to renew.
if you claim to be smart nd try to dump them after the first year, they would get back at you through their transfer charges.
I do not plan to dump ma hosting provider after a year, but i don't want a situation where i would pay $15 the first year nd pay $90 to renew.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Yinkash100(m): 9:56am On Nov 19, 2017
Dmayor7:

Hello sir,

There is no other web hosting you need but Bluehost.

Click here https://www.bluehost.com/track/darlingtonokafor/ to buy from them now.

Note that I get a little commission when you buy using the link above but at no additional cost to you.

Nevertheless, am giving you a very honest review based on my years using their service

Bluehost has been around since 1996 and is the official recommended hosting company by WordPress itself.

Bluehost is what i use in hosting many of my clients website and have been getting good and real value for my money.

Guaranteed 99.9% server uptime.

24/7 professional support on live chat, email, and phone.

Easy to use dashboard interface.

Recommended by many big company's and important individuals around the world.

Recommended by WordPress themselves.

Free domain on buying any hosting package.

30 days money back guarantee.

Sincerely, you can't get a better host than that.

And you can even get a Free fully built website of your choice when you buy their package.

Click here www.w3programs.com/free-setup and see for yourself.

bro i've read alot of stuffs lyk this before coming here.

btw you've not post any link to a site you hosted with bluehost, I only see afflitate links
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Dmayor7(m): 10:02am On Nov 19, 2017
Yinkash100:

bro i've read alot of stuffs lyk this before coming here.

btw you've not post any link to a site you hosted with bluehost, I only see afflitate links

Ok, here is a website i hosted with Bluehost.

www.oleod.com

Mind you, I am I web designer and usually interact and work with web H ostings.

Over the years i have come to a good knowledge of how everything works and what makes a good hosting.

I assure you, Bluehost won't be like any other hosting you have used before.

It is simply the best which made a big company like WordPress recommend them as their official hosting company.

Kudos

1 Like

Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by betahost247(m): 10:10am On Nov 19, 2017
Yinkash100:
I am about to host a website which will require alot of storage space. Presently, I'm lost among all the adverts i see.
pls comment on your personal experience only, I don't want what you read online, or from review sites. I've read alot of that

Hello,

We have a wildfire at Beta Host Limited, giving 50% Discount on all our Shared Hosting plans. Unlike ever before, this is unlimited to the number of hosting plans you can order. It's time to spark up that Business website today!

Use Coupon: """"""NGN50""""" at view checkout page for 50% off on any shared hosting plan.

We are not Resellers!!!

We own and manage all our servers with in 5 geographical country, This allows us to pass on very competitive lowest cost prices unto our customers. All clients' web sites will have the chance to be hosted on our co-located servers in random datacenters. This datacenter's network is linked to important upstream suppliers that connect to hundreds of exchange partners which assures a constant Internet connection and superior routing. Along with its strategic location it has protection against variety of intrusions - redundant power supply, modern air conditioning system, fire protection system and round-the-clock network monitoring.

24/7/365 CUSTOMER SUPPORT

We are always here to serve you 24/7/365 (Day and Night) via Live Chat, Ticket and WhatsApp Messenger (08035226795).

100% Uptime Guaranteed

We hate downtime just as much as you do. We guarantee your website a rock solid 100% super up-time, which means your website will be online always. Increased Internet efficiency and 100% availability guaranteed. Whether it is through our High Quality or our Unmetered network, access to your services will be uninterrupted. We understand that network up-time is crucial for your valuable online presence and this is why entire network is fully redundant. From the Cisco routing equipment's to the upstream bandwidth providers, there is no single point of failure.

You Benefit From High Quality Hardware & Network

We utilize only High Spec Intel ® Xeon™ CPU's, SSD's, Fully Redundant Premium Network, 2Gbps Uplink. Servers are clustered to spread the load in a special way to sustain tremendous burden. Data centers are equipped with a wide range of security, power management, cooling and network access equipment. Our top-notch development team is continuously upgrading our systems with the latest technology, creating new tools and features to make your web presence as easily maintained and reliable as possible. Our State-of-the-art operation centers are equipped with systems to maximize reliability and security, and to ensure your site is operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and support for most popular technologies are included with all packages. We have a outstanding reputation in the hosting industry and we plan on keeping it that way. Our servers are some of the most reliable in the industry and monitored 24 hours 7 days a week.

There should be 24/7 after sales support is available and no hidden fees applicable after payment.

Visit: http://www.betahost247.com/webhosting.html to place your order.

NOTE: If you are making multiple orders, you will need to complete one order before making another. You can use online payment to setup the service instantly.

So take the advantage of this offer and provide us the chance to serve you.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Youngzedd(m): 10:11am On Nov 19, 2017
Yinkash100:

Avoid anything EIG web hosting company, they sucks. I have used many of them. See this https://researchasahobby.com/full-list-eig-hosting-companies-brands

Anyone who recommend those EIG to you is new in the game and doesn't do a serious business online. Namecheap is just good for buying domain and securities. They seems to still be learning with their hosting business. They do have many downtime.

I must tell you, good Web host doesn't come cheap. I recommend InMotionHosting or siteground.

The ball is in your court.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:18am On Nov 19, 2017
Use SpeedyConnect Hosting, is the best Hosting in the world, 100% Uptime and 24/7 Customer Care, Check out our New Signature via http://www..com
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:20am On Nov 19, 2017
Youngzedd:

Avoid anything EIG web hosting company, they sucks. I have used many of them. See this https://researchasahobby.com/full-list-eig-hosting-companies-brands

Anyone who recommend those EIG to you is new in the game and doesn't do a serious business online. Namecheap is just good for buying domain and securities. They seems to still be learning with their hosting business. They do have many downtime.

I must tell you, good Web host doesn't come cheap. I recommend InMotionHosting or siteground.

inMotion Hosting is the worst hosting in the world, Ask Me the reason.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Youngzedd(m): 10:25am On Nov 19, 2017
UDOKABESTLUV:

Your reasons?
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Yinkash100(m): 10:25am On Nov 19, 2017
Youngzedd:

Thanks alot bro, that was really helpfull
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by LORDofODDS(m): 10:28am On Nov 19, 2017
na speedyconnect.net be baba
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by tiwiex(m): 10:30am On Nov 19, 2017
Yinkash100:
Hello OP. I see a lot of responses and most look helpful even for me. I have used a lot of shared hosting. Some with good experiences like siteground and very bad experience like 1and1 hosting. There is always a new provider with an interesting deal coming out one day. Let me itemize my points.

1. Alot of storage space means what? 10GB, 20GB or 1TB?
2. I have been using VPSs only for sometime. I enjoy total control. I have one on Digital Ocean and works fantastic. I have had it for 2 years or so. I used myhosting, ovh as lower priced offerings were discovered but retained my $5 Digital Ocean VPS. Had too many important sites I didn't want to disrupt.
3. I had a dedicated server with a firm called NOCIX. They have ridiculously low prices but I had my fingers burnt for some other reasons. I got a 1TB for $17 a month (you heard right) but realized that was just greed. It was not SSD and their support is shaky. What do you expect for $17 anyway?
4. Currently, I use Time4VPS and I must confess, they have been good. I am not selling them to you but this is the best deal I have seen out there and I felt compelled to let you and others know. The is double the capacity of what I have been seeing out there. I always expect a better deal after I get a good deal but so far, this has plateaued for a while on Time4VPS. They give you 2GB RAM and 40GB SSD for as low as $5 a month. If you pay annually, it comes down to as low as $4. I don't know if there is a better deal but this is what I call a baba nla good deal for now. They are based in Lithuania so you pay in Euros but na the cross exchange via your card. 1Euro is about $1.18. I noticed no one seems to know them (or talk about them) and I was just fortunate to discover them too. They also have an affiliate programme so no loss here.
5. Their support is also great if you ask me. I played around with options. I didn't like them and they refunded my wallet to get what I liked.
6. Remember, it is an unmanaged server so you would need to set up the hosting platform yourself. No cpanel, no apache, no php out of the box. Just a naked box. If you need help on that, I would be glad to help you out.
7. If you choose to get them via my affiliation as sent in the link above, i would gladly help set up your server. And if you want to get up to speed on setting up your linux boxes in future, I would be happy to guide you around (this one is for a fee oh) but na open source price I go give you.
8. There are no strings attached. I use them and it sounds too good to be true but its true. So far, I am verrrrry impressed and totally surprised.
I have also attached a screenshot of my dashboard. Very typical of VPS dashboards.
9. Abeg if any of you choose to use Time4VPS, make una use my affiliate link oh. I have saved you guys a lot. For a higher price on Digital Ocean and many others you get 512MB RAM and 20GB SSD. Best case, 1GB RAM.
9. You can reach me on 08171000232 if you need some clarification or help.

Good luck on your decision. It can be a lot of info sometimes. Just dive in.

Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by infogenius(m): 11:00am On Nov 19, 2017
webincomeplus:

That's the plan I've been using with them since 2012. But I'm seriously considering moving all my sites to Namecheap.

But as a note of warning, don't make the mistake of committing yourself to any hosting service for 3 years straight. Anything can happen along the line, and getting a refund can be hard.

I have been using namecheap hosting for more than 7yrs, I buy domain names from them. Honestly, I won't stop using their service neither will host on any other provider.
Namecheap over delivers with a top notch service provision.

I am willingly choosing to host with them for a lifetime

1 Like

Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by webincomeplus(m): 11:06am On Nov 19, 2017
infogenius:

I have been using namecheap hosting for more than 7yrs, I buy domain names from them. Honestly, I won't stop using their service neither will host on any other provider.
Namecheap over delivers with a top notch service provision.

I am willingly choosing to host with them for a lifetime
I guess you didn't understand my post. What I meant was that you shouldn't pay for 3 years at once. Of course, I've been using Hostgator since 2012, but I pay monthly and that's fine by me.

Paying for more than one year at once isn't advisable, not because the hosting company might start offering crappy services, but because your needs might change. For example, your site might start pulling massive traffic and you'd need to get your own dedicated server, which Namecheap doesn't offer at the moment.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by webincomeplus(m): 11:09am On Nov 19, 2017
tiwiex:

Hello OP. I see a lot of responses and most look helpful even for me. I have used a lot of shared hosting. Some with good experiences like siteground and very bad experience like 1and1 hosting. There is always a new provider with an interesting deal coming out one day. Let me itemize my points.

2. I have been using VPSs only for sometime. I enjoy total control. I have one on Digital Ocean and works fantastic. I have had it for 2 years or so. I used myhosting, ovh as lower priced offerings were discovered but retained my $5 Digital Ocean VPS. Had too many important sites I didn't want to disrupt.
3. I had a dedicated server with a firm called NOCIX. They have ridiculously low prices but I had my fingers burnt for some other reasons. I got a 1TB for $17 a month (you heard right) but realized that was just greed. It was not SSD and their support is shaky. What do you expect for $17 anyway?
4. Currently, I use Time4VPS and I must confess, they have been good. I am not selling them to you but this is the best deal I have seen out there and I felt compelled to let you and others know. The is double the capacity of what I have been seeing out there. I always expect a better deal after I get a good deal but so far, this has plateaued for a while on Time4VPS. They give you 2GB RAM and 40GB SSD for as low as $5 a month. If you pay annually, it comes down to as low as $4. I don't know if there is a better deal but this is what I call a baba nla good deal for now. They are based in Lithuania so you pay in Euros but na the cross exchange via your card. 1Euro is about $1.18. I noticed no one seems to know them (or talk about them) and I was just fortunate to discover them too. They also have an affiliate programme so no loss here.
5. Their support is also great if you ask me. I played around with options. I didn't like them and they refunded my wallet to get what I liked.
6. Remember, it is an unmanaged server so you would need to set up the hosting platform yourself. No cpanel, no apache, no php out of the box. Just a naked box. If you need help on that, I would be glad to help you out.
7. If you choose to get them via my affiliation as sent in the link above, i would gladly help set up your server. And if you want to get up to speed on setting up your linux boxes in future, I would be happy to guide you around (this one is for a fee oh) but na open source price I go give you.
8. There are no strings attached. I use them and it sounds too good to be true but its true. So far, I am verrrrry impressed and totally surprised.
I have also attached a screenshot of my dashboard. Very typical of VPS dashboards.
9. Abeg if any of you choose to use Time4VPS, make una use my affiliate link oh. I have saved you guys a lot. For a higher price on Digital Ocean and many others you get 512MB RAM and 20GB SSD. Best case, 1GB RAM.

You should have been honest enough to add that the link in your post is an affiliate link, and that you'd get a commission if anyone clicks on it and eventually buys a plan. That's the norm.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by mekuso89(m): 11:12am On Nov 19, 2017
Please how about domain king are they good?
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by webincomeplus(m): 11:13am On Nov 19, 2017
UDOKABESTLUV:

I beg to differ. I have hosted my highest-traffic site with them for three years now, and I've never had a single issue with them. I'm on their VPS plan, though, so I don't know if you're complaining about their shared hosting.

But the truth is inmotionhosting.com can be expensive. They charge me $299 every 6 months. Thats $50 per month!
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by hassinho707(m): 11:18am On Nov 19, 2017
Nobody has said anything about cloud flare

1 Like

Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by capacino(m): 11:27am On Nov 19, 2017
Host your own VPS of any space and bandwidth man. Possibly a cloudfare server of any space you need is on the internet
Try Balticservers or Legionhost
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by maxipharo(m): 11:47am On Nov 19, 2017
To me I think ipage is the best, 3years plan under $100
Check www.Agricincome.com
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Heromaniaa: 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2017
Yinkash100:

D site deals user generated Content, and every post should have a picture

welcome to Nigeria bro, you've successfully deleted your backup/ history or whatever.
What do I do?
What do I do now? I told whogohost about it. They said I should pay 1k but they can only restore my site to the state it was after content deletion. Is there a way I can log in

Thanks for the offer, but I have a tutor waiting for me, his name is experience
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Heromaniaa: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
IAmSkinny:
I use whogohost for my blog
www.fototech.com.ng
One issue I have right now is that I am running out of Web disk space and the most funniest thing is that my multimedia files (pictures only) are not even that much.
same issue I suffered. Some unseen ish keeps gobbling up the disk space.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Heromaniaa: 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2017
Please how do I gain access to my website after I loss some valuable content with no backup?
tiwiex:

Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Singlecliq: 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
Heromaniaa:

Do you have FTP login details?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Run A Blog Easily Without Having A Computer / Create Ajax Chat & Learn Web Page Data Xchange via Json Vs Xml / 10 Things To Know Before You Buy A Domain Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.