Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? (9221 Views)

Sunday Morning Sex As Couple Before Going To Church. Is It A Sin? / Apostle Johnson Suleman To Open His Airline, Promises To Employ 3,000 Africans / Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by SenatorAiyzik: 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2017
Larryfest:
Yes it's a sin......only the pastors are permitted to open there business office on a Sunday morning.

grin grin grin no mind them. See their head like carling cup
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by SenatorAiyzik: 12:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
jerflakes:
Yes, if its a hospital, pharmacy, food seller or an eatery

Hospital and pharmacy :: People fall sick anytime

Eatery or food Seller :: People eat everyday

See as e dey talk am like say he be God wey dey give instructions. Od
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by jerflakes(m): 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
SenatorAiyzik:

See as e dey talk am like say he be God wey dey give instructions. Od

I tire for the guy o

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by NaijaBlend: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2017
greatnaija01:
does the christian not attend CHURCH.... am not going to debate if saturday or sunday is the sabbath because that has already been sorted out in the bible.....

Please, where was it sorted out in the Bible? Can you give me Bible quotations to back this assertion?

Btw, I worship on Sundays, so you don't think I am a Sabbatarian!
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Asbaba(m): 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2017
pastors can open their church business on Sunday, so why can't I?
and is church an office or place of work?
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by greatnaija01: 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
Mark 2:27 Then Jesus told them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath"

This verse sums it up. the DAYS does not dictate for man, MAN dictates the days. I CHOOSE TO WORSHIP GOD EVERYDAY.... ONE HOLY DAY IS NOT ENOUGH

hope you understand.... remain blessed.

NaijaBlend:

Please, where was it sorted out in the Bible? Can you give me Bible quotations to back this assertion?

Btw, I worship on Sundays, so you don't think I am a Sabbatarian!
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by xtivin(m): 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2017
They also accused Jesus of healing on the Sabbath, his response should answer your question
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Mypeople2(m): 1:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
This question was thrown to one of my members, and she said what about offering and tithe will you help me?
Lets reason together
is it ok as a christian to open his shop or business center on a sunday morning?
Yes it is a sin OP.But when you are hungry and you intend to buy food stuff from the market , don't go out and buy.Stay in your house and die of hunger.We go bury you on Monday morning
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by kasila4u: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
This question was thrown to one of my members, and she said what about offering and tithe will you help me?
Lets reason together
is it ok as a christian to open his shop or business center on a sunday morning?
who will not rescue his Carmel from a hole on a Sabbath day.
lesson: if you have something pressing on you on Sunday you are free to attend to it.
but don't let it stop you from your service to God. if you must open your shop on Sundays, choose the church service that best suites your schedule, either early morning, morning own etc. then after few hours of service you can come back and still open your shop and do your.
MORAL: whatever thing you do, never you place that your business above the God you are serving. That's why God tempted Abraham with Isaac.
IN SUMMARY:Sabbath was meant for man, not man for Sabbath. unless you are a Jewish. then think otherwise.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Lomprico2: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
greatnaija01:
does the christian not attend CHURCH.... am not going to debate if saturday or sunday is the sabbath because that has already been sorted out in the bible.... But normally Sunday is supposed to be for the Lord

Saturday is d day of sabbath!
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by greatnaija01: 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2017
E dey pain u? abeg bring out scriptures that negate the one I posted. grin

Lomprico2:

Saturday is d day of sabbath!
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Ezebinaugwu(m): 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
[quote author=OlujobaSamuel post=62511881]there are some business you cant but work on sundays, eg security outfit, livestock farming, transport(not one man bus), etc.[/quote Betshop
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by crafteck(m): 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
So on a Christian topic i can easily comment but on islam topics, i have to declare im a moslem and all my love for nairaland is being tested, pls stop being religious bigots...
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by lightinchrist4: 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
Lets reason together

It is not advisable to sacrifice Church service for any other activities because the more you attend Church service especially in a Bible believing Church the better you grow as a Christian. If you are a Christian, let the Spirit of God lead you.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Ari3040: 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2017
It's not good for a Christian to open his business or office on sunday.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by charlsecy(m): 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:
there are some business you cant but work on sundays, eg security outfit, livestock farming, transport(not one man bus), etc.
I disagree with you on the one-man bus thingy. If transport companies like GUO, GOD is Good, etc. could necessarily work on Sundays, nothing stops one-man transport businesses from plying their intra-city trade. Remember, all those corporate transport companies usually facilitate inter-state transport, so who would transport city dwellers to their church, who would help attend to emergencies, who would transport people to attend to important visits to friends/family, and so forth, for those without personal means?
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by OlujobaSamuel: 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2017
charlsecy:
I disagree with you on the one-man bus thingy. If transport companies like GUO, GOD is Good, etc. could necessarily work on Sundays, nothing stops one-man transport businesses from plying their intra-city trade. Remember, all those corporate transport companies usually facilitate inter-state transport, so who would transport city dwellers to their church, who would help attend to emergencies, who would transport people to attend to important visits to friends/family, and so forth, for those without personal means?
What I mean is that he can choose not too and no one will feel it aside himself, If a corporate transporter should do same, people will feel it, also he has no employer to report to and no contract terms, only him and his mouth plus family, if any, will feel the pain.
I'm not saying he cant work because he is a one man transporter.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Saintdaprince(m): 7:11pm On Nov 20, 2017
There is nothing wrong to open your business on A Sunday morning. Sunday is the first day of the week and it is a work day. Let us not be deceived that Sunday is a worship day. We can ask the bible for more explanation.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Hier(m): 12:12pm On Nov 21, 2017
bamidelee:

where in that verse you quoted was Sunday mentioned

a day of the week should be set aside to meet God, well that's the standard for those who are still weak in faith

the present day Christian is expected to seek the face of God at every now and then. that does not mean they shouldn't work or lead their life, but everything is built around pleasing God

that's what I call worship
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Mryacks: 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
Lets reason together

It is not. "Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy"
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Afritop(m): 1:20pm On Nov 22, 2017
GavelSlam:
No, it is a mortal sin.

All doctors and offshore workers would go to hell.

Don't even worry about the parable of the lost sheep. It was just a story for entertainment.

If your wife is in Labour and want to deliver on Sunday, you will tell her to suspend the Labour till Monday abii.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
It depends. If you have a day to rest within the week then use part of it to fellowship with God. Those arguing about Sundays and Saturdays should bear in mind that doctors and nurses plus other essential workers work on Sunday. It is not a must you fellowship with God on Sunday but it's compulsory you set days to fellowship with him at least twice a week.this depends on the nature of job and business

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? / Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. / 3 Reasons I Can Never Become An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.