Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes (2224 Views)

Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by gentlegenius(m): 7:36am On Nov 19, 2017
Contrary to what today's Pastors are telling us about Tithes and how it can open a way to our prosperity, here is a different side of the issue that most of them knows but will never tell you...
3 Reasons why Tithes will never make you rich:

1. Natural Laws Are More Effective Than Religious Laws:
Paying of Tithes is a religious law that applies only to certain religions, notably Christianity, where people pays 10% of their monthly earnings to their church, believing that God will use it to bless them more. But the natural law of giving and receiving rewards only those who gives directly to the poor through charity and freewill donations. Natural Laws works better than religious laws because they are universal while religious laws sectional. So Charity bring you closer to prosperity than Tithes. Even Jesus said "Whatsoever you do to the least of your brothers, that, you do unto me. Remember that when you give directly to the poor, you are indirectly giving to God; but when you give 10% to the church, you are simply helping the church.
2. You Pay Tithes Wrongly:
Your Pastor will always quote Malachi 3 whenever he wants to charge you to pay Tithes. But he will never mention Deuteronomy 14 that tells us the right way to pay our Tithes. This is because telling you the right way to pay Tithes and receive blessings from God will spoil market for these end time pastors. Deuteronomy 14:22-27 talks about the first fruit Tithe that must be brought to the church and enjoyed by all with no blessings attached, while Deuteronomy 14:28-29 talks about the real Tithe that involves storing all your 10% in your storehouse, and at the end of 3 years, you distribute it directly to the poor and less privileged ones so that God will bless your handwork. This is not quite different from charity.
But I've never heard any pastor preach this.
3. The Rich Don't Pay Tithes Yet They Are Getting Richer, The Poor Pays Tithes Yet They Are Getting Poorer:
I am yet to see or hear about any rich man that pays Tithes to any church. Apart from some rich men of God who keeps deceiving us that it is the Tithes they pay that makes them rich, nobody has ever claimed that he became rich by paying ONLY Tithes. A quick research shows that the world richest people don't pay Tithes; some don't even care about religion. But there is a common factor in the lives of these rich people: They donate a large chunk of their wealth to the poor through their charity foundations. They simply do this because they understand the natural law of giving and receiving. This is why most of them continue to get richer without paying 10% to any church as Tithes.
So don't be deceived by anyone, God rewards Charity and not Tithes. Besides, the right way to pay Tithes is still the same with Charity(Read Deut 14:28-29).

N/B: The issue of Tithes has been so rampant in Nairaland lately. So this write up is only made to enlightenment people on the misconception that links Tithes to prosperity. This is not a bid to condemn paying of Tithes because it is biblical. However, after knowing this, it is still up to you to choose between TITHES and CHARITY.
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by thesicilian: 7:40am On Nov 19, 2017
Depends on what kind of riches you are looking for. Spiritual laws make you spiritually rich, building up treasures in heaven. Natural laws make you physically rich.
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by 0temAtum: 7:55am On Nov 19, 2017
Save your tithes in the bank for ten years. When it is as huge as a half a million or a million naira, go and withdraw it and then consider if giving it to a pastor or using it for business is the better way to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by gentlegenius(m): 7:57am On Nov 19, 2017
thesicilian:
Depends on what kind of riches you are looking for. Spiritual laws make you spiritually rich, building up treasures in heaven. Natural laws make you physically rich.
I'm talking about earthly riches because when it comes to the issue of Tithes, Some Pastors are deceiving us with earthly riches. Also, Malachi 3 promised earthly riches to those who pays Tithes. But people don't know that giving their money to churches and pastors is not the kind of tithe that attracts these kind of blessings. I can tell you that majority of those who pays Tithes to their churches today are doing it expecting earthly riches.

1 Like

Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by Hier(m): 8:00am On Nov 19, 2017
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by Kkposky: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2017
0temAtum:
Save your tithes in the bank for ten years. When it is as huge as a half a million or a million naira, go and withdraw it and then consider if giving it to a pastor or using it for business is the better way to go about it.

It doesn't work that way....
Tithe is tithe... not community saving..

pay as when due

1 Like

Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by 0temAtum: 8:04am On Nov 19, 2017
Kkposky:

pay as when due

Yahweh must be a thief to be so interested in poor people's tithe. And how do we give physical tithe to a spiritual being? I'd rather give spiritual tithe to a spiritual being if needs be. Ali comes to mind.
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by wirinet(m): 8:07am On Nov 19, 2017
gentlegenius:

I'm talking about earthly riches because when it comes to the issue of Tithes, Some Pastors are deceiving us with earthly riches. Also, Malachi 3 promised earthly riches to those who pays Tithes. But people don't know that giving their money to churches and pastors is not the kind of tithe that attracts these kind of blessings. I can tell you that majority of those who pays Tithes to their churches today are doing it expecting earthly riches.

Malachi 3 did not promise earthly riches to everyone that pays tithes. Now answer this question, who was Malachi 3 referring to? Was it referring to everybody?
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by gentlegenius(m): 8:19am On Nov 19, 2017
Kkposky:

pay as when due
When is it due to pay our Tithes? Pls enlighten us.
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by Kkposky: 8:20am On Nov 19, 2017
0temAtum:

Yahweh must be a thief to be so interested in poor people's tithe. And how do we give physical tithe to a spiritual being? I'd rather give spiritual tithe to a spiritual being if needs be. Ali comes to mind.

If this is your mindset. Then there's no need for offering and thanksgiving.
Look carefully, you will see what tithes are used for.
moreover, the usage is not the problem. just obey instruction and pay...
God knows how to do the rest
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by SUPERPACK: 8:22am On Nov 19, 2017
until we christians start reading the bible ourselves, christianity will suffer same faith as islam.

1 Like

Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by Kkposky: 8:23am On Nov 19, 2017
gentlegenius:
When is it due to pay our Tithes? Pls enlighten us.
When you have your income.... daily, weekly, monthly...
depends on your income type
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by 0temAtum: 8:23am On Nov 19, 2017
Kkposky:

Whose instruction should I obey? Oh, you mean I Otem should obey the instruction of Malachi? That won't work. How can a god like me obey the instruction of a lesser god like Malachi? undecided
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by gentlegenius(m): 8:24am On Nov 19, 2017
0temAtum:

You can only give a physical gift indirectly to a spiritual God by giving to the poor and less privileged. You will also be robbing God if you don't give to such people.
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by Kkposky: 8:28am On Nov 19, 2017
0temAtum:

Whose instruction should I obey? Oh, you mean I Otem should obey the instruction of Malachi? That won't work. How can a god like me obey the instruction of a lesser god like Malachi? undecided

Don't forget the bible wasn't written based on human mindset, but divine inspiration...

And if u ignore Malachi's instructions and call him a lesser god. It means all other writers of the bible are lesser gods and therefore their instructions should also be ignored...

you know what that means?
then the bible will be no more
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by wirinet(m): 8:28am On Nov 19, 2017
Kkposky:

Offerings to Godsee is as old as humanity itself. Offering is not the same as tithe.

Where should we look to see what tithes are used for? Any statement of account? O, I forgot, we can see what tithes are used for in the pastors jets, cars, designer suits, ostentatious lifestyles.

Obey which instructions? From God or your pastor? Where is the proof that God instructed you to pay tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by 0temAtum: 8:28am On Nov 19, 2017
gentlegenius:

You can only give a physical gift indirectly to a spiritual God by giving to the poor and less privileged. You will also be robbing God if you don't give to such people.
so what you're saying in essence is that tithe is not necessary, because Yahweh isn't hungry anymore. As for giving to the poor, I agree with you because it's natural and good to help our fellow men who are in need. As a matter of fact, the three golden rules I recognised as divine are
1. Use your brain
2. worship no god
3. Do good to humanity
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by gentlegenius(m): 8:29am On Nov 19, 2017
Kkposky:

When you have your income.... daily, weekly, monthly...

depends on your income type
Which Bible portion tells you this? Or are you just following the opinions of some pastors?
Why don't you read Deuteronomy 14:22-29 that clearly tells us the right way to pay Tithes and when it is due to pay Tithes?

1 Like

Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by Saverin: 8:29am On Nov 19, 2017
gentlegenius

Nice one
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by 0temAtum: 8:32am On Nov 19, 2017
Kkposky:

Don't forget the bible wasn't written based on human mindset, but divine inspiration...

And if u ignore Malachi's instructions and call him a lesser god. It means all other writers of the bible are lesser gods and therefore their instructions should also be ignored...

you know what that means?
then the bible will be no more

Bible was inspired by Yahweh who happen to be one of the numerous creatures of God Almighty. The other brothers of Yahweh are Allah, Chaleb, Atum, Chuku, Olorun, Jupitus, Ephradite, Mercurious, Wanyioyi and thousands others. So Malachi actually wrote down what Yahweh instructed him to write down during the era of god-worshipping. But now that we have just arrived the era of brain-using above god-worshipping, the things written by Malachi and others in his days cannot bind on us anymore because all the gods who inspire those things are currently bound in spiritual cage by the gods of science.

Doctufos:

Otem Erectus 226:15-28

15. Now Yahweh said, what shall my great name become in the mouths of the people of the earth if i agree that religion should be made of none effect in their minds? Shall they not curse my name forever?
16. And Eubius said, what shall happen to the history of Krishtanite which I have written? I shall rather protect it, or else I shall be found the greatest liar in history. And Mirza and Moloch and Eshu and many other gods said, the fun of the earth shall be lost when they do not call upon our names anymore.
17. And their continual weeping to the gods, being fun to us, shall be a thing of the past. No, we shall not allow this. Now while they spoke, the gods who wanted science and development in the world came and said, are you ready for the battle? And they said, we are ready.
18. And the battle began.
19. And Otem heard voices and saw many gods how they did all manner of inexplicable things. And there were vacuums, but only Otem and the gods of findings saw the vacuums.
20. And when the gods of religion had entered into the vacuums, they were not seen anymore.
21. And Otem awoke. And his pupils had broken the door of his house when he did not appear in the school that day. And they had done many things to revive him.
22. And Otem said, I saw all the things which you do to my body to rescue me. Why do you sit on my chest and blew my nose? Why do you disturb my sweet sleep? For the words which are made flesh are currently being conquered.
23. And henceforth, all sacred texts shall be seen as the things useful for refuse dump. And they shall lose the powers behind them, because all gods who insist on continual deception of the world through their threatening and motivational books are currently being held captive in vacuums.
24. Now for a space of three months, Otem continually saw how the gods stepped into vacuums and were not seen anymore.
25. Now when eighty-nine days was complete, the gods of findings began to carry the vacuums in their hands, dumping them into a larger vacuum. For the vacuums began to become visible when they had carried them. And they dumped more than two hundred and fifty nine thousand vacuums into a larger one.
26. And they said, Otem of truth, we have overcome the gods by vacuums, so go and make known all the things which you have seen. For we imagined the vacuums with our thoughts for the capture of the gods who are antihumans.
27. And in the vacuums shall they be for a thousand years. This is the spiritual cage of all gods who oppose development. And focus shall be shifted from the words in the books to the thoughts of the heads.
28. And a period shall come when the pastors and the priests of many religions shall begin to misbehave. For their gods are encaged. And the minds of many homos shall begin to go after the truth within themselves rather than the lies written in the books of lies.
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by gentlegenius(m): 8:33am On Nov 19, 2017
wirinet:

Malachi 3 did not promise earthly riches to everyone that pays tithes. Now answer this question, who was Malachi 3 referring to? Was it referring to everybody?
Prophet Malachi was referring to all the descendants of Jacob. Read verse 6.
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by Kkposky: 8:35am On Nov 19, 2017
wirinet:

Offerings to Godsee is as old as humanity itself. Offering is not the same as tithe.

Where should we look to see what tithes are used for? Any statement of account? O, I forgot, we can see what tithes are used for in the pastors jets, cars, designer suits, ostentatious lifestyles.

Obey which instructions? From God or your pastor? Where is the proof that God instructed you to pay tithe.

There's one thing people doesn't understand about Christainity.
It is not our duty to be monitoring where our money goes. If Pastors eat it, that's their wahala. just do the right thing..

if you have been closer to the church authorities, u will see that the money we pay are used in taking care of the church..

tithe money won't get you private jet
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by Kkposky: 8:38am On Nov 19, 2017
0temAtum:

Bible was inspired by Yahweh who happen to be one of the numerous creatures of God Almighty. The other brothers of Yahweh are Allah, Chaleb, Atum, Chuku, Olorun, Jupitus, Ephradite, Mercurious, Wanyioyi and thousands others. So Malachi actually wrote down what Yahweh instructed him to write down during the era of god-worshipping. But now that we have just arrived the era of brain-using above god-worshipping, the things written by Malachi and others in his days cannot bind on us anymore because all the gods who inspire those things are currently bound in spiritual cage by the gods of science.

Sorry
What Bible is this and
what religion??
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by gentlegenius(m): 8:39am On Nov 19, 2017
0temAtum:
so what you're saying in essence is that tithe is not necessary, because Yahweh isn't hungry anymore. As for giving to the poor, I agree with you because it's natural and good to help our fellow men who are in need. As a matter of fact, the three golden rules I recognised as divine are
1. Use your brain
2. worship no god
3. Do good to humanity
If you were patient enough to read my whole write up, you'll have read where I concluded that I am not in any way condemning paying of Tithes because it is biblical.
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by 0temAtum: 8:41am On Nov 19, 2017
Kkposky:

Sorry
What Bible is this and
what religion??

Must it be a bible? And must it be a religion? It's actually culled from the DOCTUFOS history book of the things which happened in the world from its formation till present day till future times. https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by Kkposky: 8:44am On Nov 19, 2017
The only recognized manual for Christians is the bible.. That's the place I can base my argument
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by thesicilian: 8:53am On Nov 19, 2017
gentlegenius:

Okay, let's even agree on the issue of tithes resulting in earthly riches. If God promises me earthly riches for paying tithes, and I pay the tithes accordingly but do not get rich, who will you blame? Me, The Pastor, or God?
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by gentlegenius(m): 8:53am On Nov 19, 2017
Kkposky:

There's one thing people doesn't understand about Christainity.
It is not our duty to be monitoring where our money goes. If Pastors eat it, that's their wahala. just do the right thing..

if you have been closer to the church authorities, u will see that the money we pay are used in taking care of the church..

tithe money won't get you private jet
It is pure insanity for someone to throw his hard earned money out without caring to know where it goes to.
Even in the days of the Apostles, people who sold their possessions and donate the money to the Apostles in church already knows what the money will be used for. They even elect people to represent them in a committee that controls the money and made sure the money is well distributed to the poor and less privileged. This was their only way of paying Tithes so they deserved to know how the money is spent.
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by gentlegenius(m): 9:00am On Nov 19, 2017
thesicilian:

Okay, let's even agree on the issue of tithes resulting in earthly riches. If God promises me earthly riches for paying tithes, and I pay the tithes accordingly but do not get rich, who will you blame? Me, The Pastor, or God?
May be you blame yourself for paying it wrongly. But note this: Becoming rich in this world doesn't depends entirely on paying Tithes the right way. There are some principles of financial success that you must follow. Paying Tithes the right way is just one of those principles.
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by wirinet(m): 9:03am On Nov 19, 2017
gentlegenius:

Prophet Malachi was referring to all the descendants of Jacob. Read verse 6.

That is why most Christians are lost and were led astray by their pastors. It was not Malachi that was referring, it was God passing a message through Malachi.
See Malachi 1:1

Malachi 1:1 The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.

Malachi 3 is a continuation of Malachi 2, which is admonitions and condemnation of the priestly class. The tithe message of Malachi 3 is a commandments for priests;

Malachi 2:1 And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.

Malachi 2:7 For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.

2:8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

This verses say the priests have caused many to stumble and corrupted the covenant of Levi. Does that not look strikingly similar to Nigerian levites (pastors ).

Malachi 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation .

The priest were chopping the tithes, so they were robbing God and the nation.

1 Like

Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by Hier(m): 9:30am On Nov 19, 2017
I will be rich by paying my tithe, Gods word said it and I believe it, am not of them that draw back unto perdition. I am blessed in the field and in the land, waste and destruction shall not come near my dwelling, blessed is the land for my sake
Re: Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes by Kkposky: 9:58am On Nov 19, 2017
gentlegenius:

It is pure insanity for someone to throw his hard earned money out without caring to know where it goes to.
Even in the days of the Apostles, people who sold their possessions and donate the money to the Apostles in church already knows what the money will be used for. They even elect people to represent them in a committee that controls the money and made sure the money is well distributed to the poor and less privileged. This was their only way of paying Tithes so they deserved to know how the money is spent.

The offering you pay where does it go

(1) (2) (Reply)

To The Fools Who Say The Bible God Kills More People Than Satan / How To Overcome Wet Dreams By Evangelist Oluyemi Stephen Beloved / Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.