Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (79883 Views)

Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe / ICYMI: Bini, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe / Benin, Not Yoruba Are Original Owners Of Lagos - Ajayi Bembe Chief Layi Ajayi-be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Bede2u(m): 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2017
ProWalker:

What are you looking for here?
The wicked have no rest grin
True. Thats why no rest for u grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by ritababe(f): 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2017
laudate:

Have you ever seen any Bini man, especially from the royal family, ever laying claim to Lagos? They do not engage in such petty controversies.

yeah because we are mature

2 Likes

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by ritababe(f): 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2017
Oloripelebe:

Azikwe said so grin
okay
Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Antoeni(m): 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
Afonjas pack ur load and leave

6 Likes

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Gotze1: 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2017
ritababe:

yes yoruba are owned by Bini, if u want to argue let's do it without insult and with facts.

Oduduwa your first Yoruba king migrated from bini
I am not disputing, and did I insult you oya sorry. What baffles me is the superiority of the Yoruba people over bini that made them displaced the binis from their acclaimed land in ondo, osun, oyo, ekiti, Lagos, ogun, kwara, part of kogi and still even take part of edo, that is akoko edo just after ifon in ondo state. Yoruba too much. Sending the owner of those land to only one edo. This is laughable grin

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Moorish: 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
Blackfyre:

This would then mean that the royal families of Lagos island are originally of Benin ancestry from the time of King Ado?

As far as I know, the royal houses of lagos island did not suddenly change after lagos island was conquered. What I suppose happened is that the royal houses of lagos island were forced to aknowledge or pay allegiance to the kingdom of Benin after the invasion and defeat of the occupants of lagos island

4 Likes

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by yhemster(m): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2017
"The state of origin" palaver has done more harm then good to the unity of this country. It's time we start using "the state of residence". Osibade (oh my bad, VP Osinbajo) promised this during the campaign but no sign of action yet.

2 Likes

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by meforyou1(m): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2017
Where is gbaye the london hustler? Lagos is not yorubaland, so says a lagos indigene

2 Likes

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by laudate: 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2017
meforyou1:
Where is gbaye the london hustler? Lagos is not yorubaland, so says a lagos indigene

Does that Lagos indigene have the authority to speak for all other indigenes of Lagos state who run into millions?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Gotze1: 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2017
ritababe:

yeah because we are mature
You are not mature, had your king or any bini man not known the truth, they would have came out to defend it. I have worked in bini and have family friends there. I met an old man from bini land that told me how awori people of Yoruba extraction made the son of oba of bini kingdom their king. Bini people cannot come out because they know the truth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by YourNemesis: 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2017
lol

Another thread of self delusion

Yoruba is FOREVER intertwined with the very existence of Lagos. From Sangotedo to Mowe-Ibafo, from Ajido and Badagry to Epe and Ode Omi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by flyover30(m): 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2017
make una rest.I do know DAT Bini and Yoruba have a strong connection. but I believe Bini is senior. eti_osa local govt is s Benin name.eko is Benin name.ajayi name is both Yoruba and Edo.they serve the same gods Ogun oronmila sango etc.olakpa is police,ologbo is cat, child is Omo.so relax.but obakhatokpere iseeeeeee

5 Likes

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by ken2baba(m): 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
ProWalker:

Governor
Deputy governor
98.5% HoA members
100% control of the political establishment
Yet it still not yorubaland, it is biniland grin
Lmao i agree
Olayiwola is a Benin name
Ajayi is a Benin name too grin
thesame way d north use numbers to control nigerian politics

Dats dsame way your people are using to take over lagos from d real owners

2 Likes

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by kazzy4u(m): 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
if I hear com again Biko
Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
plentykola:

Bros the white house u used in that Ur pix belong to a Yoruba man otunba Balogun is at Ikoyi so guy try and find another pix
manage this one grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by LaExpert: 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
ritababe:

yes yoruba are owned by Bini, if u want to argue let's do it without insult and with facts.

Oduduwa your first Yoruba king migrated from bini

Yes, I agree.
What's the big deal if he migrated from Bini?
Nigeria's first rulers were not Nigerians too.

He was a Bini outcast but he became the Ooni and married a Yoruba queen...that's why all Bini kings are subservient to the throne of the Ooni of Ife.

1 Like

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by flyover30(m): 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
am Bini,but this mata nor concern IBO.Onitsha is still our colony. make una embrace unity.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by talk2percy(m): 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
Go collect am from them naw...why all these long story kwanu??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by YourNemesis: 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
flyover30:
make una rest.I do know DAT Bini and Yoruba have a strong connection. but I believe Bini is senior. eti_osa local govt is s Benin name.eko is Benin name.ajayi name is both Yoruba and Edo.they serve the same gods Ogun oronmila sango etc.olakpa is police,ologbo is cat, child is Omo.so relax.but obakhatokpere iseeeeeee

So Ajayi is now both Yoruba and Edo name abi Yoruba mame that entered Edo history and existence together with a lot of others.

Who told you that the Eti-osa in Lagos has anything to do with the Edo name Etinosa?
The Yoruba pronunciatipn of Èkó isn’t even the same as the Ędo pronunciation which has a different tone all together and starts with a Ę rather than an E

Don’t worry Lagos schools will soon begin Yoruba language classes so that people can know the meanings of some of these words they see everyday around Lagos.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by laudate: 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
Gotze1:
You are not mature, had your king or any bini man not known the truth, they would have came out to defend it. I have worked in bini and have family friends there. I met an old man from bini land that told me how awori people of Yoruba extraction made the son of oba of bini kingdom their king. Bini people cannot come out because they know the truth.
See, leave her. undecided Like I said before, have you ever seen any reputable Bini man dragging Lagos with the indigenes before? They don't have time for such petty issues...

This Ajayi-Bembe claiming to be a Benin man...where is his ancestral family quarters in Benin? Where is his Igiogbe in Benin?

The Nupe/Tapa have been in Lagos for centuries. Have you seen any of them dragging Lagos with the indigenes or the Yoruba people?

It is attention seekers that keep raising these controversies to score cheap points.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by WrathOfHadez(m): 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2017
Oloripelebe:

Ask Azikwe grin
Let his ghost be. Bini are not claiming Onitsha but Lagos and Zik never claimed he was Bini as Chief Layi Ajayi -Bembe is claiming.

Tough call.

4 Likes

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by ritababe(f): 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2017
LaExpert:

Yes, I agree.
What's the big deal if he migrated from Bini?
Nigeria's first rulers were not Nigerians too.

He was a Bini outcast but he became the Ooni and married a Yoruba queen...that's why all Bini kings are subservient to the throne of the Ooni of Ife.

so you agreed that Yoruba is part of Bini?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by ProWalker: 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2017
Bede2u:
True. Thats why no rest for u grin cheesy

You are one that can't rest without looking for what Prowalker is doing on NL . grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by ritababe(f): 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2017
Gotze1:
I am not disputing, and did I insult you oya sorry. What baffles me is the superiority of the Yoruba people over bini that made them displaced the binis from their acclaimed land in ondo, osun, oyo, ekiti, Lagos, ogun, kwara, part of kogi and still even take part of edo, that is akoko edo just after ifon in ondo state. Yoruba too much. Sending the owner of those land to only one edo. This is laughable grin

lol, when u are mature enough to argue come back

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by meforyou1(m): 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2017
laudate:

Does that Lagos indigene have the authority to speak for all other indigenes of Lagos state who run into millions?
yes he has. We are not talking of all those oluwole guys from osogbo. We are talking of core Lagos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by ProWalker: 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
ken2baba:
thesame way d north use numbers to control nigerian politics

Dats dsame way your people are using to take over lagos from d real owners

Just like Igbos are using number to control Onitsha, a Benin settlement grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by laudate: 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
meforyou1:
yes he has. We are not talking of all those oluwole guys from osogbo. We are talking of core Lagos
Who gave him the authority? Your Nri priest, or your dilector?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by talk2percy(m): 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2017
flyover30:
am Bini,but this mata nor concern IBO.Onitsha is still our colony. make una embrace unity.
it's Igbo not Ibo. And what are u even saying??

1 Like

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by LaExpert: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
ritababe:

so you agreed that Yoruba is part of Bini?
No, I agree that Yorubas had a king that came from Bini.
Oduduwa wasn't the first 'Yoruba' man.

Do you agree the Bini throne is subservient to the Ooni's throne?
if you disagree, kindly state your reason(s).

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
Moorish:

As far as I know, the royal houses of lagos island did not suddenly change after lagos island was conquered. What I suppose happened is that the royal houses of lagos island were forced to aknowledge or pay allegiance to the kingdom of Benin after the invasion and defeat of the occupants of lagos island

You are dodging my question.

There was no royalty before King Ado, not even a palace. The birth of the royalty of Lagos Island was from King Ado and since he conquered the place and name it Eko, makes all who succeed him his descendants. I also know that deceased Lagos Kings were sent to Benin to be buried and paid royalty to Benin but that stopped after sometime.

Now since its the royal families that owns the land and are the authority over the land, doesn't that mean Benin are by the conquest and Ado, owners of Lagos?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

What Island Has The Prettiest Girls In The Carribean? / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland / Beautiful Russian Girls Speaking Igbo & Dancing Ogene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.