Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,025 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:38 AM

God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem (28835 Views)

My Journey to The Spirit World And How God Delivered Me / Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me / How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by anthonydunamis: 10:44am On Nov 19, 2017
When I was in secondary school, we had a way of classifying ourselves. Some of us were seen as 'Behind'- those who could afford Timberland boots, wear the coolest Nikes, looked cute or drove a car to school. Then we had the average guys- students from middle-class families who did some 'Behind' things but were not that cool. Third, we had the 'razz' category- those who had no swag, no single drop of coolness, no expensive wears, no automobiles, no slick lines for the girls.

I dare say I belonged to the last category for most of my six years in secondary school. I came from a low middle-class family and my parents (like heroes that they are) had to strain to pay the exorbitant school fees. I could not afford to buy new wears for school parties and the like, so I sometimes borrowed from my best friend back then. Thank you, Temitayo Taiwo smiley

I was often the butt of jokes and mockery, as I had my face plastered with pimples and I was as black as a pot retrieved from the pit of hell. In issues of dating and 'hustling', I was as naive as they come. No girl was interested...and I don't blame them. I wouldn't have dated myself if I were those girls.

My inability to 'blend' with the popular crowd was frustrating and my self-esteem was at its lowest ebb. I managed to cover it up well by focusing on my poetry and smiling through the jests. A classmate, Oluwabunmi Femi-Akande once told me, 'One thing I like about you is that no matter how much you are insulted, you keep smiling.' But it was all a fačade.

I believed that I was that person the popular crowd told me I was- not good enough. And that taunting voice followed me for years, controlling my priorities, my time, my money, my emotions, my potential and my relationships...until I met Jesus. I became born again!

As I got closer to Him, my confidence sky-rocketed. His Word revealed to me that I am made for an awesome purpose, and all the gifts and attributes I need to achieve that are in me already!

I am now a totally different person, in all ramifications. And that's Jesus at work.

Please listen to me, my friend. For too long, you have allowed the crowd to decide your opinion about yourself. Now, you subconsciously try to measure up to the standards they have set for you. That is not true life.

Your dressing, the way you spend money, the hard drugs and womanizing, the lies you tell about yourself, the sycophancy, living a fake life and borrowing to maintain that appearance...it has to stop NOW.

Think about it. Ask yourself 'What am I doing today that is not really who I am but I do it because I don't want to be an outcast to others?' It has to stop NOW.

Now is the time to outgrow that nonsense.

And if you are yet to know Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, accept Him NOW. He will do wonders in you, for you and through you. I love you and God bless you! smiley

344 Likes 38 Shares

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by obinna58(m): 11:08am On Nov 19, 2017
I bet the last thing a God would want is asking people to believe in him

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by mokaflex(m): 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
Clap for yourself I'm sure you are happy this tale made FP.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Papiikush: 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
If you are a man and you suffer from low self esteem, you will end up committing suicide.

Its not about being a Christian or whatever, if you move with the "right friends" trust me dude, you'll never have any reason to look down on yourself.

Another reason is because you were a broke bìtch ass Nigga now whey money don come, who no go carry shoulder?

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by BruncleZuma: 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
This God nah wah

grin grin grin grin

Taking time off of saving Earth from an alien invasion to give somebody self esteem...

9 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by shurley22(f): 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
Thank God for you

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Hardeybohwarley(m): 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
Just passing by. FRC since 2years. Cheers.
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Xtaceeey: 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
Oga.

You just touched money, it's not a spiritual thing. U had low self esteem because u were broke. When u have arrived, pimples will even look sexy on you.

Leave God outta this please.

Next gist abeg.....!!!

66 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Articul8(m): 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
Thank God for u.i av a story to tell...

5 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Pokamystica: 12:06pm On Nov 19, 2017
Sure boy cool. Keep the good works

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by eleojo23: 12:06pm On Nov 19, 2017
One thing that drives away low self esteem is to see yourself as God sees you in Christ .
Know that you are loved and nothing can separate you from the love that God has for you and He has your best interest at heart.

Knowing this truth and continually reaffirming it to yourself gives you the courage to live above depression and low self esteem.
You will go out and conquer the world.

47 Likes 9 Shares

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
Thank God

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by EmekaBlue(m): 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
U just wrote about normal life...Where is d God miracle?!

13 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Thukzee01(m): 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
Thank God for your life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by LyfeJennings(m): 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2017
God bless U so much
Tho, I wouldn't attribute ur changes to ur religion but it was instrumental to getting ur groove.
I was like U tho but I came from a comfortable family but my parents played a big role in making me feel I wasn't good enough.
I don't blame them tho
That was how best they could express themselves
God bless them

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by veacea: 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2017
Make I read this testimony first
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by longlong: 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2017
Mmmm. Na biography?

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by tspun(m): 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2017
Like I always tell people "No matter what you look like, the key is to first of all be happy with yourself. And then you know if you want to try to improve things that you don’t like about yourself, then do it after you appreciate yourself.

10 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by IMASTEX: 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2017
Praise God

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by adepeter2027(m): 12:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
Make I book this plot

Modified: senseless write-up

2 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Hiccups: 12:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
shocked

Dear OP,

You don't have to bring God and deliverance into this, low self esteem is neither a sin nor demonic. I want to believe getting involved in church activities helped you acquired more skills that may have augmented your previous self esteem. Within this context, the church was nothing more than a platform to boost your confidence. Any standard working environment can equally do same. God is not into delivering people from low self esteem, because God has place in everyone all he/she needs. Low self esteem is at best self inflicted either from inability to discover ourselves or similar reasons.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by lovingyouhun: 12:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
Thank God for you smiley

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Ranchhoddas: 12:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
I don't understand how fanaticism can be remedy for low self esteem. It's a cover at best. A mask.

5 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Promismike(m): 12:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ok
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
Low self esteem is as a result of comparing yourself with others.

Growing up, I use to be the smallest in my class(no boobs, no ass, just a lil girl then), all my age mates were very big, I felt really bad, I almost had low self esteem because of that but I discovered that I might be petite but I have big brain and I saw myself being pursued by those I felt were better than me, they all wanted to be my friends, even teachers liked me, one normally call me "small but mighty", they will give me note, I write it in the board for the whole class to copy, I felt proud of myself despite my small statue. Even up till now, it is still working for me in the university.

To overcome low self esteem, you have rediscover yourself, you have to find our that thing that makes you unique and better than others, you have to make your imperfection to be perfect.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by RapportNaija(m): 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2017
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by DWJOBScom(m): 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2017
Awesome testimony.

Jesus makes the difference

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by deedondavi(m): 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2017
Good noon nairalanders!!!

Happy SundaY
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by iamdrduru: 12:15pm On Nov 19, 2017
9ce
Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by virus05(m): 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2017
I'm in that position now(low self esteem) which makes me get frustrated sometimes. Well I just gats manage my life like that. I'm sure as time goes on It'll change

1 Like

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by dadavivo: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2017
Underneath your shoes have low self-esteem. E don scrape to red

2 Likes

Re: God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem by iamdrduru: 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2017
Papiikush:
If you are a man and you suffer from low self esteem, you will end up committing suicide.

Its not about being a Christian or whatever, if you move with the "right friends" trust me dude, you'll never have any reason to look down on yourself.

I guess u've never from low self esteem, that's why u are talking like this.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebony Reigns' Mortuary Video Was Taken For Spiritual Purposes – Eagle Prophet / Apostle Suleman Preaches Against Sending Children For Studies Abroad / 2020 RCCG Virtual Crossover Service To Year 2021 Live!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.