Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,946 members, 7,799,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! (3136 Views)

Fishy Smell Wants To Stop Me From Getting Married, Please Help / What Must A Woman Have Before Getting Married ? - Please Vote / How To Get Your Parents To Accept Your Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by MrMystrO(m): 2:53pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hi guys, I need a little advice from open minded and intelligent people. I'm a 26 Years old male, and an only child actually. I started my own business even before i graduated at the age of 20, now have some more businesses to my name and In essence, I'm not doing bad for myself. But I'm not really the serious type when it comes to ladies and for Now i don't really see why i Need one in my life as my top priority is to grow my businesses for now before even thinking of venturing into anything like marriage. But as it is i am facing immense pressure from my parents to get married and settle down with a woman, especially from my Mum, understandably because i am the only child she has. But i don't think I'm ready for such right now as i don't even think it would be right for me to do it because of the pressure, as that may be disastrous. But she just wouldn't understand! I love my mum and i really want to make her happy but on this particular issue, my hands are tied and i don't know what to do. Any suggestion guys??
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by ladyF(f): 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
Better explain to her that it is better to be single and happy than to be married and miserable.

Just tell her straight up that she should stop disturbing you else you would blame her for the rest of her life if you end up with a failed marriage because of her unnecessary pressure. angry

And you sef, not because you're doing business, you would now say you won't make out time for meaningful relationships when they come your way o. Be wise.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by PenGriffey: 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2017
OK, since you having a business you focused on, good! I'd advice you sit your parents down and talk to them as a matured son. Tell them your true intentions, tell them you want to be focused on your business for the now. When the right time comes you'd definitely find the right one. Don't go forcing your self to getting a girlfriend or a wife, trust me it ain't gon' end well. Let them know you'd definitely get married when it's time, you just have to be more focused on your business right now. Bro, when you get married it's gonna be a lot for you, you'll have to take care of her, take care of you and take care of the both of you as well grin
But in essence, marriage is nothing you want to rush into cos it's a life time decision. Any mistake you make Now, you'd live to regret it forever. Goodluck and stay blessed! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by nigeriancritic1(m): 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2017
MrMystrO:
Hi guys, I need a little advice from open minded and intelligent people. I'm a 26 Years old male, and an only child actually. I started my own business even before i graduated at the age of 20, now have some more businesses to my name and In essence, I'm not doing bad for myself. But I'm not really the serious type when it comes to ladies and for Now i don't really see why i Need one in my life as my top priority is to grow my businesses for now before even thinking of venturing into anything like marriage. But as it is i am facing immense pressure from my parents to get married and settle down with a woman, especially from my Mum, understandably because i am the only child she has. But i don't think I'm ready for such right now as i don't even think it would be right for me to do it because of the pressure, as that may be disastrous. But she just wouldn't understand! I love my mum and i really want to make her happy but on this particular issue, my hands are tied and i don't know what to do. Any suggestion guys??
I dont know if your brain can grasp this. She wants to retain the bloodline and in the event that anything could happen to you as this is Nigeria. A one-eyed man does not play where stones are being thrown. If I were you I will send two baby mamas to her ASAP. You are too young to feel her fear. Business ko, Business ni! Idiot!!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by dingbang(m): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
Mai friend will you go and marry...
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by MrMystrO(m): 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

I dont know if your brain can grasp this. She wants to retain the bloodline and in the event that anything could happen to you as this is Nigeria. A one-eyed man does not play where stones are being thrown. If I were you I will send two baby mamas to her ASAP. You are too young to feel her fear. Business ko, Business ni! Idiot!!

Okay thanks for your thoughts.. You didn't have to call me an idiot tho. Peace.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Bibi294(f): 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
Since you're doing well... Go.into a serious relationship... I know shell be happy seeing a girl near u
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by MrMystrO(m): 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
ladyF:
Better explain to her that it is better to be single and happy than to be married and miserable.

Just tell her straight up that she should stop disturbing you else you would blame her for the rest of her life if you end up with a failed marriage because of her unnecessary pressure. angry

And you sef, not because you're doing business, you would now say you won't make out time for meaningful relationships when they come your way o. Be wise.

Hmmmm there is nothing i haven't really told her, but she's just bent on having her way or nothing. i usually don't post stuff like this online but hell yeah im honestly confused this time around and so i need some answers Lol. Well thank you for your suggestion tho, I'll definitely keep them in mind.
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Nwodosis(m): 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
The worst mistake you will make is to into marriage for the sake of procreation! Go into the the marriage institution when your heart tells you that you need a companion, as for your mother's pressure and to make her happy, give her the contract of searching for a wife for you and you will handle your own side of the contract by rejecting whom ever she brings until the time is ripe for you .

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by dingbang(m): 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
Even God knows its not Good for a man to be alone.. So you are only deceiving yaself
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by iamnlia(m): 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2017
African parents problems, she probably doesn't wanna know wether you love the woman. All she wants is a grandchild.
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Blackhawk01: 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2017
Your mum needs a grandchild but you ain't ready to get married? Hun, get a babyMama!

Izz a simpu sturvz. lipsrsealed grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2017
I have the same problem I am planning on fathering a child outside wedlock to assuage their feelings soon sad

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by ouzo1(m): 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2017
Op u re nt alone o, i can't even watch TV right now in peace
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by MrMystrO(m): 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2017
dingbang:
Even God knows its not Good for a man to be alone.. So you are only deceiving yaself

See forget the small progress I've made so far, I'm just 26..asin twenty six years old! To me its still quite early abeg. Help a bro out with a sensible and realistic advice Please.
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by psucc(m): 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
So op you do not know why your parents wants you to marry early?

I don't have words to waste on issue you've known better and only trying to elicit public sympathy.
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by vanhelsing1(m): 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
MrMystrO:
ma FRIEND....u r in a hot seat at d moment...but it's something u can personally handle..we all.face pressures in life but d way we deal wt pressures wen dey come determines our level of maturity..
mariage is very important but it has to.do.wt feeling and psychological preparedness to.delve into.it.
dont allow anyone to presure u.into makin any decision now u might not b ready to make.At d sem if u kw u wod like to.settle down in future,it imperative dat u begin to set mordalities....as in things in place to make dat posible....
think fast n wisely..
life is short..
ma candid advice for u....
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by MrMystrO(m): 3:22pm On Nov 19, 2017
PenGriffey:
OK, since you having a business you focused on, good! I'd advice you sit your parents down and talk to them as a matured son. Tell them your true intentions, tell them you want to be focused on your business for the now. When the right time comes you'd definitely find the right one. Don't go forcing your self to getting a girlfriend or a wife, trust me it ain't gon' end well. Let them know you'd definitely get married when it's time, you just have to be more focused on your business right now. Bro, when you get married it's gonna be a lot for you, you'll have to take care of her, take care of you and take care of the both of you as well grin
But in essence, marriage is nothing you want to rush into cos it's a life time decision. Any mistake you make Now, you'd live to regret it forever. Goodluck and stay blessed! cheesy

Thank you so Much for this Brother!! Your thoughts are highly Appreciated.
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by PenGriffey: 3:24pm On Nov 19, 2017
MrMystrO:

Thank you so Much for this Brother!! Your thoughts are highly Appreciated.
any time bro! Be safe. cool
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
MrMystrO:

See forget the small progress I've made so far, I'm just 26..asin twenty six years old! To me its still quite early abeg. Help a bro out with a sensible and realistic advice Please.
26 isn't young
Don't kid yourself

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by dingbang(m): 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2017
MrMystrO:

guy to marry is better than to dey fornicate with all these girls upandan... Read your bible
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by MrMystrO(m): 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2017
ukjerry:

26 isn't young
Don't kid yourself

Hmmm
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by MrMystrO(m): 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2017
dingbang:
guy to marry is better than to dey fornicate with all these girls upandan... Read your bible

Sorry, I'm not a Christian.
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Adaumunocha(f): 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
@Op pls go and marry Asap. Be a Man!
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by MrMystrO(m): 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2017
Bibi294:
Since you're doing well... Go.into a serious relationship... I know shell be happy seeing a girl near u

Thanks dear.
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by iamJ(m): 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2017
Don't collect money from them, they will mind their biz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 19, 2017
from ur post u haven't have a table conversation about this matter with ur mother, u just scared of what she will say
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by dingbang(m): 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
MrMystrO:

Sorry, I'm not a Christian.
whatever religion you practice..
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
Four words, "I'm working on it". grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by MrMystrO(m): 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
Blackhawk01:
Your mum needs a grandchild but you ain't ready to get married? Hun, get a babyMama!

Izz a simpu sturvz. lipsrsealed grin

Hmmm I'm seriously considering this advice shaa
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
MrMystrO:

Don't make the same mistakes some of us made in our past. I was almost doing the same thing you're doing now, ignored ladies completely and focused with work.

Years has passed, i feel empty. God has legit reasons he gave us females. It is one of my regrets not taking a lady by the side and then build the business together.

Guy, whatever you're doing as a single guy, you can do it as a husband. Find a lady that can fit into your plans without disrupting the sequence and begin the journey towards building a future with such a lady.

With time you will find out you can hold onto a relationship and have a career at the same time.

All this focus on business leave women alone is a fat lie many men regret after a while. I'm saving you fromthis path, i've been there.

Start early, so whatever challenges that may lie ahead can be tackled early, some expreince incompatiblt partners, some infertility even in marriage, you may not get it right the first time, so why not start early my brother?

Start early please, i hate the years i spent on the hustle and seeing a brother tred the same path breaks my heart.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2017
MrMystrO:

There are lots of good women. We need to stop all these all women are this and that. Find a woman guy, and hit the ground running early

(1) (2) (Reply)

The President Son And I Episode 1 / Aftermath Of The Valentine's Day Celebration / Gay men are The Best Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.