Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,202 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat (49179 Views)

Be Ready To Pay Ransom - NYSC Handbook Advises Corpers (Photo) / Corpers Posted To Secondary Schools For NYSC, How Did You Cope With The Girls? / NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by kt110(m): 10:38am On Nov 20, 2017
pls nairaland alway post meaningful thing that would promote unity not disunity.

1 Like

Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by Beryl007: 10:48am On Nov 20, 2017
For your Borehole Drilling and Geophysical Survey at Reasonable Price ....Contact us @ SDU Geology Firm...via call and whatsapp : 09035560780 Email: samueladeyemia9@gmail.com. We are at your Service at Ogun State, Oyo State , Lagos State, Osun State, Ekiti State and environs
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by IYANGBALI: 10:48am On Nov 20, 2017
9jakohai:

Yeah, he was a bit bigoted...but so were many of his responders.

His advice about meat is in order though.

as if there are no northerners/Muslims in those parts of the country and they don't eat meat
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by samuyafiiyawa: 10:48am On Nov 20, 2017
what i dislike about the post is mentioning that those posted should not be kind to their host, if you refuse to be kind to your host don't you think you re inviting more wahala for yourself, this is ill advice, for the pork and dog issue, yes they eat pork and dog which is eaten in some part of the north but again you need to ask, cos they will certainly tell you the truth, or better still eat fish chicken and pomo grin grin grin grin grin, God bless Naija , that is the reason government made NYSC compulsory, cos some of us never travel outside our region
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by aminu790(m): 10:50am On Nov 20, 2017
Factfinder1:
Problems of this country is the north and Islam....I hope nysc management sees this and makes sure this guy serves for 2 years and doesn't get paid for the second year....this are people who graduated by the grace of God try quota systems
the type of people he said are wicked and crook. Always looking for a way to show your hatred for Islam. Buffoon

1 Like

Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 20, 2017
But they are the once bringing cows n beef to the south and east na
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 20, 2017
IYANGBALI:
as if there are no northerners/Muslims in those parts of the country and they don't eat meat

They don't eat all meat..like pork, dog..they don't eat that.(Sheep and goat and cow are safe..so long as it is halal-style ...
)

Same issues with many other religions too...observant Jews (some exist in Nigeria!) dont eat certain foods.

While i disagree with his tribal bigotry...a Muslim moving to a majority non-Muslim area has to be careful what he eats. Same for some other religions.(I am a born again Christian . On NYSC, someone offered me palm wine. I had to decline)
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by jammyunn(m): 10:54am On Nov 20, 2017
9jakohai:
Well

1. He is a Muslim speaking to other muslims

2.Islam as a religion forbids the eating of certain meat products, like pork for example.

3.We may think his advice is bigoted....but that is an issue people of religions other than Christianity face. Jewish practitioners face the same issues. Hindus and Jains too face the same issue re vegetarianism.Some Nigerian tribes have taboo foods . And there are people who don't eat certain foods for health or philosophical reasons.

4.His advice is in order. All those shouting at him need to grow up.

Addendum....

I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him.
Booker T. Washington

Addendum 2

The guy is also bigoted...and his bigotry i do not defend.
I have no issues with his advice to his fellow Muslims but we all know that pork and dog meat aren't the only meat in south/East. Again, not even all of us here eat those meat. And his last statement totally is uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by jerrisonjeff(m): 10:54am On Nov 20, 2017
YourNemesis:
The way we make importance of trival issues in this new age of social media rubbish is worrisome.

A random corp member from the north makes a post on Facebook and, some other people with the exact same mentality are blowing an ant hill into Olumo rock just to score cheap tribal points. It is quite sad.

What of all the countless negative things Southerners say about the North and Northerners? And all the uncouth name they call Hausas and other tribes in the North?

I am a southerner too, but noobody holy pass.
Lets stop the sentimental reasoning!

Stop that!

What of corp members serving in parts of the Niger Delta that have gotten kidnapped, raped or killed by militants, cultists or just ranpaging youth?
Honestly, putside of war-zones in the North- security for corpers in places like Sokoto or Kebbi is far greater than security in Rivers or Delta.

What is this one saying?
Do u even read what u just typed....
Let me not talk because if I talk ehn....
I am not sure u are from d south....
Abeg make I go finish my mango

Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 20, 2017
jammyunn:
I have no issues with his advice to his fellow Muslims but we all know that pork and dog meat aren't the only meat in south/East. Again, not even all of us here eat those meat. And his last statement totally is uncalled for.

Indeed!

1 Like

Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by NigerDeltan(m): 10:57am On Nov 20, 2017
YourNemesis:
The way we make importance of trival issues in this new age of social media rubbish is worrisome.

A random corp member from the north makes a post on Facebook and, some other people with the exact same mentality are blowing an ant hill into Olumo rock just to score cheap tribal points. It is quite sad.

What of all the countless negative things Southerners say about the North and Northerners? And all the uncouth name they call Hausas and other tribes in the North?

Stop that!

What of corp members serving in parts of the Niger Delta that have gotten kidnapped, raped or killed by militants, cultists or just ranpaging youth?
Honestly, putside of war-zones in the North- security for corpers in places like Sokoto or Kebbi is far greater than security in Rivers or Delta.

Stop saying what you know nothing about

Nigerdelta militants hardly kill a soldier unless provoked not to talk of killing a civillian

1 Like

Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by davillian(m): 10:57am On Nov 20, 2017
No northerners tackled him.
The only person from the north who commented supported him. grin grin grin.
The Northerners would always support themselves weather it's right or wrong.
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by lilmax(m): 11:00am On Nov 20, 2017
9jakohai:

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you richly...in all good things this week.

Again, thanks
amen cool
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by YourNemesis: 11:01am On Nov 20, 2017
NigerDeltan:

Stop saying what you know nothing about

Nigerdelta militants hardly kill a soldier unless provoked not to talk of killing a civillian

Yeah... right!

Corpers Robbed And Raped In Rivers State By Suspected Militants - NYSC - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/3422441/corpers-robbed-raped-rivers-state

Corper Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday- SEE PHOTO - NYSC - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/2379575/corper-kidnapped-rivers-state-yesterday
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by almarthins(m): 11:09am On Nov 20, 2017
I
9jakohai:
Well

1. He is a Muslim speaking to other muslims

2.Islam as a religion forbids the eating of certain meat products, like pork for example.

3.We may think his advice is bigoted....but that is an issue people of religions other than Christianity face. Jewish practitioners face the same issues. Hindus and Jains too face the same issue re vegetarianism.Some Nigerian tribes have taboo foods . And there are people who don't eat certain foods for health or philosophical reasons.

4.His advice is in order. All those shouting at him need to grow up.

Addendum....

I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him.
Booker T. Washington

Addendum 2

The guy is also bigoted...and his bigotry i do not defend.

U well at all? He didn't tag his msg as Islamic advice, he ignorantly generalized his msg as a foolhardy.he has nt bn to the south before, he only heard n believed.
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by almarthins(m): 11:11am On Nov 20, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
look at the 2moro's leader undecided

A disgrace, Sheer incompetent fool.infact na cow head e get.

1 Like

Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by Jerrypolo(m): 11:15am On Nov 20, 2017
YourNemesis:

Stop that!

Honestly, outside of war-zones in the North- security for corpers in places like Sokoto or Kebbi is far greater than security in Rivers or Delta.

If you REALLY know Nogeria, you will have to agree with me.

I rebuke you!!!.

Your might be from the South West but trust me, you know nothing about the South South or the Niger Delta.

Where have you heard of militants raping Corp members in Delta or Rivers states?.

Down here we have respect for education and the educated. We treat corp members with the respect they deserve.

I usually don't give into these types of appetite but I am forced to say, I do hear people talk about a** licking Yoruba Muslims. I think you are one.
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by drshamo(m): 11:18am On Nov 20, 2017
His advice was nice bt he presented it with hate... as a Muslim, there are certain meat u're nt allowed to eat (dog, pork) as the southerners eat dis type of meat. he should have present tge advice in a respectful way and he shouldn't have say d last part of his statement... my advice is we should learn hw to love each other in this country if nt this country will collapse one day because of our hate...
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by YourNemesis: 11:21am On Nov 20, 2017
Jerrypolo:

I rebuke you!!!.

Your might be from the South West but trust me, you know nothing about the South South or the Niger Delta.

Where have you heard of militants raping Corp members in Delta or Rivers states?.

Down here we have respect for education and the educated. We treat corp members with the respect they deserve.

I usually don't give into these types of appetite but I am forced to say, I do hear people talk about a** licking Yoruba Muslims. I think you are one.

Living in denial. Google news is your friend- you have a brain, working eyes and an active internet connection, USE IT.

And your reply is a typical example of the Myopic Tribal level reasoning I am still talking about.
Nigeria is bleeped up because of lilly brained tribal champions like YOU.

NYSC D-G In Rivers state Uncertain About Whereabouts Of Kidnapped Corpers

https://www.informationng.com/tag/youth-corpers-kidnapped-in-rivers

NYSC Member Kidnapped In Delta
https://laseayoola./2012/07/10/nysc-member-kidnapped-in-delta/
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by tolguy(m): 11:45am On Nov 20, 2017
Factfinder1:
Is that your mothers name??
i repeat olosho
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by aiyawale: 11:47am On Nov 20, 2017
Factfinder1:
Problems of this country is the north and Islam....I hope nysc management sees this and makes sure this guy serves for 2 years and doesn't get paid for the second year....this are people who graduated by the grace of God try quota systems

Mr Idiot, you just mentioned problem. if you don't knw the meaning of problem just look at your father, that's the meaning of problem. disgrace and abomination that's you generation. lies and deceit that's you religion. bastard son of LovePeddler and a drunkards.
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by Jerrypolo(m): 12:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
YourNemesis:

Living in denial. Google news is your friend- you have a brain, working eyes and an active internet connection, USE IT.

And your reply is a typical example of the Myopic Tribal level reasoning I am still talking about.
Nigeria is bleeped up because of lilly brained tribal champions like YOU.

NYSC D-G In Rivers state Uncertain About Whereabouts Of Kidnapped Corpers

https://www.informationng.com/tag/youth-corpers-kidnapped-in-rivers

NYSC Member Kidnapped In Delta
https://laseayoola./2012/07/10/nysc-member-kidnapped-in-delta/

Ta!!!

I refuse to go back and forth with you.
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by YourNemesis: 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
Jerrypolo:

Ta!!!

I refuse to go back and forth with you.

Loool, bury that ostrich head deeeper into the sand.!

Let us pretend and bury the facts jare!

It is a lie! Those corpers weren’t kidnapped, the news sources are fake!
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
Factfinder1:

The only flaw I find in his reason is why a northerner will actually accept getting posted to that godless hell hole called the South. Id rather wait another year or never serve at all. Very soon there don't be a Nigeria. I wonder who you will blame for being brainless forest dwelling unevolved monkeys then. Gormless animals!
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 20, 2017
ezenwajosh:
Let's leave all this advice behind...we are not the same....we can't blend in....we can't mix....we are people if divert culture,tradition,understanding, language and religion..being together its only a ticket for the politicians to keep looting....let's go our separate ways

Exactly. You lot are the only southerners that make any sense. We're not the Same, alike or even similar. Can't wait for the glorious day, I just don't understand why my northern brothers enjoy toying with you manky lot instead of setting you free.
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 20, 2017
Drversatile:
His life has been mutilated already by all the above comment. I don't need to add to his woes ... I will only say enjoy the woes you brought on yourself and all that will be added on nairaland too.

Another mistake you unfortunate southerners make. Thinking we actually give a damn what you monkeys think. grin

Biri da wando! grin
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by musa234(m): 12:33pm On Nov 20, 2017
The future looks bleak for Nigeria especially with this kind of despicable utterances
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2017
musa234:
The future looks bleak for Nigeria especially with this kind of despicable utterances

I beg to differ. This is the first step towards progress. Realizing just how different we are and embracing it. We keep lying to ourselves that we can co exist but that's never going to happen. This delusion is what keeps bringing us down. It's a miracle we haven't imploded already.
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by bejeria101(m): 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2017
What is he doing on facebook? How did he get there?
Re: A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat by AnanseK(m): 1:25pm On Nov 20, 2017
Factfinder1:
Problems of this country is the north and Islam....I hope nysc management sees this and makes sure this guy serves for 2 years and doesn't get paid for the second year....this are people who graduated by the grace of God through quota systems

It obviously pained you a lot. But I agree with what he says.
The trailer loads of donkeys always on the road to the South. What are they used for?
I'm a regular visitor to the south and I only eat fish and eggs as part of my protein diet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Denied Her NYSC Certificate For Schooling In Benin Republic / Nysc 2014 Batch B Stream 2 Three Weeks Orientation Camp Cancelled / Kebbi Corpers Decamped For Smoking Weed And Other Drugs At NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.