Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

You Wanted To Be Woke... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Wanted To Be Woke... (541 Views)

My Pastor Slept With My Wife While I Was Asleep, Her Moaning Woke Me — Man Cries / Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke / Reno Omokri Visits Laodicean Church In Turkey, The One Jesus Wanted To Spit Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Wanted To Be Woke... by lebete3000: 4:34am On Nov 20, 2017
"You wanted to be woke, or seen as woke, or both.

You met woke guys on Facebook.
They discussed the "deep issues": relationships, religion, feminism.

So, you joined the clique of woke Nigerian people on Facebook. They tagged you, you tagged them. You enjoyed the wokeness for a while.

And then it started.

They swear.
At first, you cringed. But gradually, you loosened up. Is it not just that word that begins with the sixth letter of the alphabet?

They despise scriptures.
At first, you didn't know where to place this bit. But you gotta be woke naa.
So little by little, no more quoting of that "stone-age book with outdated concepts" on your wall.
Your wokeness must put the L in cool.

They support and champion abortion and the LGBT campaign.
Ah! This one was hard!!
They are sins naa.
But your wokeness will shaa not disappoint ya local government.
Wetin be your own? What people do with their bodies is none of your business. So, you blended.
Your wall began to "respect people's choices".

Paul became a chauvinist. How dare he say wives should submit to their own husbands? How dare Paul? He didn't even marry o. And he has opinions about relationships. Leele Paul!
Shioor!
So, you now pick and choose what scriptures to obey. You gatts use ya functioning brain naa.
Na wokeness levels we dey!

They attack the Faith, you join.
They attack giving, you lend your cracked voice.
Pastors eriwaalanu onu o!!
No more tithing. The sheeple are free.
Issa wokeness sontin.

In every shade post, you are present.
For each sub, you have an opinion.
Brethren talk and you bark at them in the fury of ya wokeness.
Inukwa coming to your wall to dictate what you should do and what you shouldn't do?
In 2017 fa!
You are an adult for crying out loud.
And you must to slay in your wokeness.

But something else is going on.
You kneel in prayer and the connection is shaky.. Network problem.
Scriptures have become dry.
You play worship, but you can only hear the bass guitar.
The Spirit is gone.
The power and the glory have departed.
You are dying.

Child of God, come back home.
There is no peace in the direction you are headed.
Here's what the word of God is saying to you today:

"Since everything here today might well be gone tomorrow, do you see how essential it is to live a holy life? Daily expect the Day of God, eager for its arrival. The galaxies will burn up and the elements melt down that day—but we’ll hardly notice. We’ll be looking the other way, ready for the promised new heavens and the promised new earth, all landscaped with righteousness.
So, my dear friends, since this is what you have to look forward to, do your very best to be found living at your best, in purity and peace. Interpret our Master’s patient restraint for what it is: salvation. Our good brother Paul, who was given much wisdom in these matters, refers to this in all his letters, and has written you essentially the same thing. Some things Paul writes are difficult to understand. Irresponsible people who don’t know what they are talking about twist them every which way. They do it to the rest of the Scriptures, too, destroying themselves as they do it.
But you, friends, are well-warned. Be on guard lest you lose your footing and get swept off your feet by these lawless and loose-talking teachers. Grow in grace and understanding of our Master and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Glory to the Master, now and forever! Yes!"

(2 Peter 3:11-18; MSG)"

Written by Uju Okorie

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

On Attacking Christianity / Testimony About The Mysterious Olumba Olumba Obu / What Is God's Body Made Of?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.