Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,268 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Couple Wed: No Wedding Gown, No Cake, Rice, Wine, Chicken, Soft Drinks (Photo) - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Couple Wed: No Wedding Gown, No Cake, Rice, Wine, Chicken, Soft Drinks (Photo) (72855 Views)

Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest / Couple Absent At Their Wedding, Wed With Photos In Lagos / Couple Wed After 9 Years Of "I'll Go & Make Money, Come Back & Marry You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple Wed: No Wedding Gown, No Cake, Rice, Wine, Chicken, Soft Drinks (Photo) by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 21, 2017
krushdripper:
I really like your profile picture, it's a real sought after feeling for me getting used to working/living in such a room, whouw !
Thanks
Re: Couple Wed: No Wedding Gown, No Cake, Rice, Wine, Chicken, Soft Drinks (Photo) by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 21, 2017
livingg:
Let Weddings Be Done With In Our Power

And yesterday I had an awesome experience at Church, a couple got married during church service. No wedding gown, no Cake, rice, wine, chicken, soft drinks or chinchin.... We drank Kunu zaki, ate doughnut and licked sweets. Yet the atmosphere was filled with joy and happiness, we praised God and danced With all excitement. The bride was even more excited than the groom and I saw her as the strongest among the two.
The lessons learnt are as follows:
1. Tell yourself the truth.
2. Cut your coat according to your shirt
3. Do not compare yourself with others; weddings are not competitions.
4. Ladies let's be like today's bride; lets be understanding; we should be contented with the love and efforts of our men and not push them into debt.
5. Most young men are not married today, not because they cannot afford to provide the woman with her day to day upkeep but because they cannot afford a wedding.
6. A simple wedding like this is far more honourable than 'zo mu zauna'.
7. Let us stop this wedding ceremony palavas and make life easy for ourselves.
P.S: I am not against glamorous weddings; all I say is let all be done within our power. #selah#

Source: I was there live

It is a hungry person who must insist on.forcing a man to.waste.money.on wedding.

Banky.W and Adesua.themselves.said they don't believe.in.glamorous or lavish.weddings. They had one.though.because.at least.they can afford it and they.were.swept off their feet.

It is not a must someone must.waste money on.a wedding. Most people set their limits in their own.minds.
Re: Couple Wed: No Wedding Gown, No Cake, Rice, Wine, Chicken, Soft Drinks (Photo) by chronique(m): 10:40am On Nov 21, 2017
anonimi:

We are struggling because we overreaching ourselves with unnecessary flexing to impress neighbours who are just as nonetity as we are compared to those who MAKE the things we flex with.
We are our own worst enemies.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4207170_fbimg1469018943096_jpeg2e87af2b28b00dc62a4dbf71ba6f4cf7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160987_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

Personally, I don't do things cos of people. I do things cos it's what I want. Everyone in Naija today, is struggling(apart from a few). Some are struggling for 3 square meals, some for just a meal, some to move to the next level cos they're tired of where they are and feel they deserve better, some to maintain a certain standard and not drop, etc. Our struggles are in different grades. Truly, a lot of people engage in this for showoff but there are people who just want it cos that's what they want.
Re: Couple Wed: No Wedding Gown, No Cake, Rice, Wine, Chicken, Soft Drinks (Photo) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
Lavish wedding doesn't necessarily mean happy marriage
Re: Couple Wed: No Wedding Gown, No Cake, Rice, Wine, Chicken, Soft Drinks (Photo) by gratefulalways: 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2017
God bless you. This is the plain truth. Things should be done in moderation.

aspirebig:

Shut up there....I said now people spend 1m to 2m on RECEPTION HALL alone.I did not mean 1m to 2m on entire wedding ..even the 1m to 2m. .is it easy? Wedding is NOT marriage oooo Wedding is just for few hours .and marriage is a LIFE ......

Let's be reasonable and realistic please .
Re: Couple Wed: No Wedding Gown, No Cake, Rice, Wine, Chicken, Soft Drinks (Photo) by alexmaye(m): 6:19am On Nov 22, 2017
MorataFC:
yeah, for sure, that one anything can happen, ur full squad is back, and man u has never lost at home in 33 games now.
So, taking a point,I will celebrate it. grin
no problem � my guy
Re: Couple Wed: No Wedding Gown, No Cake, Rice, Wine, Chicken, Soft Drinks (Photo) by ogbonti: 12:30am On Nov 23, 2017
nairamaniac:

Iya basira and papa mumunni for my backyard married with 1000naira. They shared only pure water to all of us that attended it.

Wedding lasted only one month.

So what's ur point?

You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to create your own facts. The two instances I mentioned, Solarin and the Royal family are facts, your baba Basira, and mama Mumu, are conjectures and unacceptable as solid conclusions to back up a rational argument except the Mumus, or Mumuni you are using as example are the only ones reading it.
Re: Couple Wed: No Wedding Gown, No Cake, Rice, Wine, Chicken, Soft Drinks (Photo) by nairamaniac: 2:08am On Nov 23, 2017
ogbonti:

You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to create your own facts. The two instances I mentioned, Solarin and the Royal family are facts, your baba Basira, and mama Mumu, are conjectures and unacceptable as solid conclusions to back up a rational argument except the Mumus, or Mumuni you are using as example are the only ones reading it.
I created those characters to tell you "there are several couples that were extremely prudent with their weddings budgets but yet it crashed so early".

Of course I have seen several of them. Even know their names. But this is a faceless forum and i don't need to bring out their names in whole full. Hence I made my point with xyz as names.

You take yourself so seriously. I say this because I never debunked your argument or whatever you witnessed.
I only added to what you said by saying it could end up badly, either ways.

Go and bring the national identity cards of your solarin and royal family if u really Want to convince us that they are facts.

Anything less than that equally makes them conjectures and unacceptable to back up a rational argument.
Which doesn't make them any better than my mumu's and mumuni.
Or forever hold your peace.
Re: Couple Wed: No Wedding Gown, No Cake, Rice, Wine, Chicken, Soft Drinks (Photo) by Blissbeatz(m): 1:20am On Nov 30, 2017
#kosowo nigboro..... Low key tinx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Pool Party That Got Many People Wasted(wet Wild 'n' Wasted By Dj Val) / Ridiculous Outfit Of A 14-Year-Old Girl On Her Birthday / Guys Pop Champagne At A Benin Nightclub - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.