Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,475 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:05 PM

"Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" (51121 Views)

A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met / Men! Don't You Ever Be A Nice Guy To Her (photo) / I Quit Being A Nice Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:
It's on NL, I see threads trying to make nice guys come off as fools. I keep asking, who is a nice guy? Who is a bad guy?

Let 'nice guys' be.
So many ladies still find them attractive.
All around me, I see nice responsible guys getting married every weekend. They're very much in demand.

Don't try to subtly coerce them into changing. There's a woman for every man.
Nice guys like me.. Abi?
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by IgedeBushBoy(m): 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
OEPHIUS:
Dear Nice Guy,

I don’t know you yet but I’m so ready to date you. Seriously, I am. For a long time, I dated bad boys. Yes, I was that girl you blame for always coming in last. I guess I dated bad boys because, somehow, I liked their unavailability, sexy sideways glances, and late-night calls. I fed off the chase and mystery they provided me. I saw them as a challenge that I always happily accepted. Let me tell you, I’ve dated so many jerks throughout the years. A lot of times, I ended up being disappointed with how it ended with them, and wondered why I always had such blind optimism about these guys I clearly knew were jerks to begin with. But to be honest, I don’t regret any of it now.

I learned a lot from each and every one of those bad boys. I learned something from every un-answered text, from every “I’m just not looking for a relationship” talk, and from every lame excuse as to why he just couldn’t make to my house party until after 1 am. I guess I never let the jerks get to me. I realized it was never me; it was always them. I was born with an abundance of self-confidence. Maybe that’s why I was never too bothered by each guy who was a jerk to me. Maybe it was because I was smart enough to realize I never actually wanted to end up with a jerk. It was always you I wanted, Nice Guy.

With all that being said, I’m ready to date a Nice Guy. I’ve learned all the lessons I need to learn from bad boys. I now have the ability to distinguish between when to give up on a relationship and when to fight harder. I know all the excuses and lies and can see when it’s right to say a big ‘f*ck you’ or an ‘okay, I’ll let you make it up to me.’ I know what it’s like get all dressed up for a night out only to sit in your room watching Netflix, crying and staring at your phone because the person you had plans with never showed. And that a “got too drunk sorry” text is not a sufficient excuse or apology. I know all these things. My mom always said that the problem with people who end up unhappy is that they don’t know how to walk away from something that has already served it purpose. Well, I can see now that bad boys have served all the purpose they possibly could in my life and that it’s time for me to learn a new lesson. I want to learn from you, Nice Guy.

It’s time for me to learn what its like to have someone to fall back on when I feel weak. It’s time for me to understand what its like to open up to someone without the fear that I’ll be emotionally shamed or that it will scare them away. It’s time for me to understand why people write love songs or tear up at the end of the notebook. I want to know what it’s like to be desired for more than my body, for someone to look at me with passionate eyes, slowly but surely falling in love with my mind, body and soul.

I want to know what it’s like to have someone who will always show up, who will always make time for me and who will always respect me. I want to know what it’s like to be able to count on someone, and know that even though love is never safe, I will be safely hurt by them. Mostly, I know I can learn all these things from you, Nice Guy.

I don’t want anyone thinking I hate bad boys. I don’t hate them; I’m just done with them. I have to thank bad boys for a lot actually. Bad boys have taught me how to depend on myself. How to pick up my broken pieces. They’ve allowed me to secure the perfect break-up remedy. Booze, friends, rebounds, cry, workout, acceptance, find new bad boy, repeat.

I understand myself so much better because of these bad boys. I know what I’m like at my worst. But I’m ready to know what I’m like at my best.

I promise you this, Nice Guy: I don’t know you yet, but I will be a nice girl to you in return. I will show you what you’re like at you’re best. I will treat you with the respect you deserve and will always answer your call when you need me. I will show you what all those bitchy girls couldn’t.

So, I guess all there is left to say is…

I’m ready whenever you are. TC Mark

https://thoughtcatalog.com/anonymous/2014/04/dear-nice-guy-i-wasnt-ready-for-you-before-but-i-am-now/
https://twitter.com/C_NyaKundiH/status/932296171623796736
So that when he can't satisfy your very wide..... Now and it's itchy, you will remember bad boy's address abi. Girls of these days with guts sha.
Na gehs de scope dese days pass
Na gehs de expose body pass
Na gehs de talk pass
Etc
These days girls prefer male friends
Nawao
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by pocohantas(f): 2:28pm On Nov 20, 2017
chisco82:

Nice guys like me.. Abi?

Exactly. Nice guys like you...
Why shouldn't I want a responsible guy like you all things being equal? Do I have some psychological issues or what? angry angry
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by lunacol(m): 2:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
drey69:

That one pain you? I know a girl that has aborted 3 times (last one was aided by her mom) and her destiny used twice by G boys she'll be 20 in Jan

And she will be looking for a good guy.Guys shine your eyes.Don't beg for any relationship to work out. Just increase your hussle.Don't ever settle for less or settle out of pity or coercion. You deserve the best.If she rejects you,please move on and improve on your bank account then see as they will be flashing your line and giving you green light."The beautiful ones are not yet born"-Ayikwe Amah.

4 Likes

Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

Why shouldn't I want a responsible guy like you all things being equal? Do I have some psychological issues or what? angry angry

Oya what's the verdict....grin
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Maisillion(m): 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
@johnime You shouldnt worry too much bcoz its might nt be ur time to get a good guy and perhaps u arent anwsering the call of those that wants u with ur behaviour,u can chase them away and thats wont fetch u a boyfriend.Blend along with guys around u to knw the one that will stay with u and love u the more.God Bless

2 Likes

Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

If only you mean what you just type here, then pm me you phone no.
cool
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 20, 2017
Blackfyre:

Ask her abeg.
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by pocohantas(f): 2:37pm On Nov 20, 2017
chisco82:

If only you mean what you just type here, then pm me you phone no.cool
LOL. I added all things being equal for a reason tongue
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by chibuike65: 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2017
cruchenutii:
This make so much sense, I'll love to read this later !
re you victim of bad boys too?
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by GOFRONT(m): 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2017
Cant she do without a guy??.....
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2017
Blackfyre:

I shall mark this for future reference... cheesy

And on that blessed day than any other day.... their shame shall be made manifest to the world.....and the demons shall be named and damned....
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2017
chisco82:

Ask her abeg.

From the bottom of my heart, may the mercy of God not depart from you.....Amen...
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by drealnamdy(m): 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2017
Foolish girls everywhere... Soo after rejecting and humiliating the poor innocent nice guy and hurting him soo bad which led him to change to a very bad guy..u now want dsame nice guy ..karma is surely a bitvh ...the bad guy dat wrecks u happens to be a one time very nice guy that was dumped n rejected by girls like you... Demented leeches and fast food girls..fish sticks undecided
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by pocohantas(f): 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2017
Keep modifying... cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2017
You been no quote me again?

Elemere buruku!
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by hakymworld1(m): 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2017
P.m me bae. If u are serious bout this, i am ready to give u a chance.
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by ibkayee(f): 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:
Keep modifying... cheesy cheesy

Lmao what the hell is this? I actually screamed at my desk when I saw it looool

Saved sha tongue
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2017
cheesy cheesy best meme ever, zombie dance, lemme use it to torment on twitter
ibkayee:

Saved sha tongue

1 Like

Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by pocohantas(f): 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2017
ibkayee:

Saved sha tongue

LOL! It's a dancing man na.
What does it look like?
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by ibkayee(f): 3:18pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

LOL! It's a dancing man na.
What does it look like?
LOL let me post it in my family WhatsApp group, my parents will actually start sending me bible scriptures lol

2 Likes

Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Adakintroy: 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
thesicilian:

Okay o, give her your house address now.
She na you go come chop the 'kanda' of the meat way others chop remain?

Bros bring ur mind down!

All of our current girl was at one point someone ex.

Even the one that is trending now with that banky guy.
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Barzinime(m): 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
I hope you meet the one that will make your life miserable.... Life is hard already, why make it harder?
UBGG:

Well, I know I was with one who took all the crap from me no sane, self- respecting man should take from anyone. Even so, It was I who left.

He was a very 'nice guy' which by the way I think is a euphemism for a sissy.
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Barzinime(m): 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2017
Are you sure you went to school?
tensazangetsu20:

There's a man for every woman and not the other way around. Men outnumber women by 5 to 1. For every 1 woman you have 5 men.
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
Blackfyre:

From the bottom of my heart, may the mercy of God not depart from you.....Amen...
You, i, her.and.everyone deserve the mercy of God.
So i say Amen to that.

1 Like

Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

LOL. I added all things being equal for a reason tongue
What's the reason?
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
TSOM:

God isn't fair or unfair. But nature, life? Life is unfair.

You don't deserve or get a virgin 'cause you're one. God has nothing to do with it. God gave you the power to choose. Your choices become your fate or destiny if you like.

The supposed 'bad boys and girls' would always get the good ones if they please. They know life serves you what you order from her menu, not what you wish you ordered.

smiley
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by daniel5711: 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
johnime:
am a pretty girl with welcoming attributes, a 19 years old 300 level student. But I think something is wrong with me, at times I think and end up tearing so bad.
Ever since my last relationship by last year November, it's been difficult getting another date, at first I didn't consider it an issue cos I know am pretty and young too but right now I can't help but panic.. Have been single for a whole year, no sex, no fling, no boyfriend. Is something wrong with meOr did my ex bf curse me?? I don't know.

Apart from my parents, I don't have any guy at all that could dash me even 5k, not even subscription. Nlers please is something wrong with me?? The funny and annoying thing is that most people don't even believe I don't have a boyfriend, they are always like "fine girl like you?? Na lie jor".

Am just confused and worried. Isn't this something I should be worried about Am not disabled ooo, am not ugly at all, I don't have bad personality. Am even a seamstress ooo plus my academic excellence. So please what's the problem I know a lot of bad girls with bf that would die for them, ugly girls too. And I wonder if I have an issue I can't see. Have always wished to marry immediately after my N.Y.S.C, but is this how I will marry when I can't even get myself a boyfriend??
P.S. that my ex is the only guy have dated and it took me months to get over him. Now I believe am fully over him but I can't get another date..
nlers followers something is wrong with me right Please my identity should be hidden
[b]
johnime:
am a pretty girl with welcoming attributes, a 19 years old 300 level student. But I think something is wrong with me, at times I think and end up tearing so bad.
Ever since my last relationship by last year November, it's been difficult getting another date, at first I didn't consider it an issue cos I know am pretty and young too but right now I can't help but panic.. Have been single for a whole year, no sex, no fling, no boyfriend. Is something wrong with meOr did my ex bf curse me?? I don't know.

Apart from my parents, I don't have any guy at all that could dash me even 5k, not even subscription. Nlers please is something wrong with me?? The funny and annoying thing is that most people don't even believe I don't have a boyfriend, they are always like "fine girl like you?? Na lie jor".

Am just confused and worried. Isn't this something I should be worried about Am not disabled ooo, am not ugly at all, I don't have bad personality. Am even a seamstress ooo plus my academic excellence. So please what's the problem I know a lot of bad girls with bf that would die for them, ugly girls too. And I wonder if I have an issue I can't see. Have always wished to marry immediately after my N.Y.S.C, but is this how I will marry when I can't even get myself a boyfriend??
P.S. that my ex is the only guy have dated and it took me months to get over him. Now I believe am fully over him but I can't get another date..
nlers followers something is wrong with me right Please my identity should be hidden
[/b]
johnime:

i am available, if u are ready to love me without demanding cash.
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:45pm On Nov 20, 2017
UBGG:
I'd still take the 'bad guy' over them 'nice guy'.

Who would want to be with a pathetic yes-man forever? I know not me.

Be strong. Dominate me. Know who you are. Support me when it's right. Put me in my position when it's wrong. Be Alpha male.

Nice isn't synonymous with weak and stupid.
Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by pocohantas(f): 4:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
chisco82:

What's the reason?

Witches and wizard are watching this thread tongue

Re: "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 20, 2017
Lolzz... Una go kill person with laugh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Photo Of A Man And His Big-Sized Fiancee / Meet Esther Bamiloye, 55-Year-Old Virgin Bride In Osun State (Photo) / Pastor James Chinwuba Stops Wedding Of Man Who Sent Wife Abroad For Prostitution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.