Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,900 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" (64151 Views)

Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect / Why Is It A Disrespect To Use A Parable In The Midst Of Elders A Young Person / Isi Agu - An Igbo Identity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 20, 2017
Martin0:

Buy my too ooogringringrin
no problems! so were can i buy the short and shirt na? seriously! angry
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 20, 2017
integrity85:

Certainly, they sell in yards. When you buy, you sew to your taste.
However, I'm sure the original ones (like hers) don't come cheap.

Nota Bene: I've attached her Facebook username. You can chat her up.
Cheers!! grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by teresafaith: 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
Chynx:

Why don't you buy and wear military camouflage as well...after all, you bought it with your money.

Anu'mpama!
You're a r.tarted m.oron

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Martin0(m): 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2017
gypsey:
no problems! so were can i buy the short and shirt na? seriously! angry

I nor get idea ooo
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by clemz85(m): 7:57pm On Nov 20, 2017
Modelqwen:
shocked

The guy just wan trend

Pls I bet you don't know the meaning and value of that material, we call it Isiagu, that lady could get cursed

4 Likes

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2017
Martin0:

I nor get idea ooo
some one gave me her facebook Already, her name na Ogechi muoneke
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by clemz85(m): 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2017
The fear of the Ancestors is the beginning of wisdom!

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Martin0(m): 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2017
gypsey:
some one gave me her facebook Already, her name na Ogechi muoneke

Ohgringringrin
Abeg buy ooo,she don accept you?
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by FTrebirth(m): 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2017
the word "igbo" is now the term that attracts the highest number of viewership on nairaland.

just create a thread and title it "igbo"...you don't have to type anything else but you would witness a heavy traffic of viewers the next minute just as you have them on front page.

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by baddosky1: 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
freedom96:
If this diatribe was from a northerner you bloody hypocrites would be here jumping head over heels condemning Islam and muslims,accusing them of intolerance and all the usual tantrums you throw at them.Now that it's coming from Franklin-not Musa or Garba-a fellow 'civilized' and 'educated' 'southerner,what do you have to say Dan Ubanku!?? angry

Have you taken your meds today?
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
Martin0:

Ohgringringrin
Abeg buy ooo,she don accept you?
I will buy definitely! grin
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Martin0(m): 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2017
gypsey:
Including my own ooo... But how u wan take buy am
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Martin0(m): 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2017
gypsey:
Na wa ooo I jus check ur pics now,where be that place
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Cfan: 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
What is isi agu ? Cloth na cloth it's a very nice one or is it your money ? Common go and sleep

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
Martin0:

Na wa ooo I jus check ur pics now,where be that place
Owerri, that guy with a big belly is a mechanic, bought some engine oil for my Element from him that day. there are more photos from that day.
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
Mtchew! Funny people. Isi Agu ko,Isi Ewu ni. I can sew it for my dog!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by legendary2090(m): 8:44pm On Nov 20, 2017
Benita27:
That material isn't an ordinary ankara. You can't find it littered in the markets but a sacred material in Igbo culture used by Elders for traditional rites.

tahhh iffa hear 'rites' how many rites has ur dad performed?? Worst of it all this knowledge u have might just be from a nollywood movie!!!! I'm a igbo guy too u know??
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Orpe7(m): 8:54pm On Nov 20, 2017
This Apochei material one guy wan kill himself ;Dontop

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Martin0(m): 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2017
gypsey:
Owerri, that guy with a big belly is a mechanic, bought some engine oil for my Element from him that day. there are more photos from that day.

Na wa ooo...for him mind na,his a big rich mangringringrin

Oh that Elemnet wey u dash ur sister Aunty abi?

Na wa oo I go like see more,
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by PVision2020(m): 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2017
I wonder how a fabric and head warmer manufactured abroad in the 1970's became the cultural dress of an African tribe. I wonder what they put on before Colonisation.
Very shallow tribe.

Talk of locally produced fabric Aso Oke, Aso Ofi, Adire.

#RespectYoruba
#YorubaDemons

3 Likes

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
bigpicture001:
y do u guyz think that young small boiz of igbo origin don't wear the red cap anyhow...?

But Buhari can wear it?
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by bigpicture001: 9:17pm On Nov 20, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

But Buhari can wear it?
..yes he can..cud he a well respected adult
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2017
bigpicture001:
..yes he can..cud he a well respected adult
Not in Igboland.
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Mbediogu(m): 9:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
Benita27:
She should enter Imo State with that bum-short and pass by the market with it. Market women will reset her brain to factory setting. grin
She dare not. The consequences will be worse than for a civilian wearing army camouflage uniform and ranks to the barracks. (Shivers).
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by ProWalker: 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2017
Ordinary apoche use as upholstery na him this idiot wan place fatwah on this pretty girl?
Fool..Is it exclusively made for eboes?
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by nwanyanwu(m): 11:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
If you are not an IGBO MAN , just keep quiet because you don't know anything. We are saying she is demoting our culture and some of you are just using your fingers to type unreasonable things because you have phone. Let western culture take over your own land even your native soup and let us see what you would be proud of when you look back. It Is quite sane to bring this woman to order.

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2017
legendary2090:

tahhh iffa hear 'rites' how many rites has ur dad performed?? Worst of it all this knowledge u have might just be from a nollywood movie!!!! I'm a igbo guy too u know??
Shut up! You this Yoruba boy. grin Look at how all of you are masturbating on this thread when you don't know one bit about the material. Meanwhile, some of your silly culture like prostrating on the floor like a slave to greet an elder is still upheld. Shameless things.

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Chinagurum1995(m): 3:20am On Nov 21, 2017
hae hae hae This Nwanyi dey makes like mentioned Isi agu. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by rabzy: 4:50am On Nov 21, 2017
how old is this culture and tradition. are there pictures of igbo chiefs wearing this cloth in the 1800 or early 1900. I believe it is a recent trend and such trends dont last. Why should the woman be lynched for a decades old tradition.

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by BluePearls(m): 6:49am On Nov 21, 2017
pocohantas:
What should she sew with it? Pant?
Isi agu is now trendy and mass produced, it used to be for elders back in the days. It was even a thing of pride to own one, you buy it for your FIL as a gift, and he would bless you. But not anymore... that's what happens when you make something readily available for every Tom, Dick and Harry. It gets abused.

Now, it's being embraced in trendy designs, styles and colours.

There was so much fuss when female agbada became a trend, last last...all the noise died down. This too shall pass.

Babe your dp is scary.
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Modelqwen(f): 6:56am On Nov 21, 2017
Icon79:
Whatever!

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. Deuteronomy 22:5.

O pari

Trash.... so bible was talking abt Isi agu?...
hhhmmmm.... tellme more biko.
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Modelqwen(f): 7:05am On Nov 21, 2017
clemz85:

Pls I bet you don't know the meaning and value of that material, we call it Isiagu, that lady could get cursed

Which yeye meaning do u want to attach to it?
Isi agu wey kids even new born dey wear now....

curse for cloth wey man design & made..

curse ko, craze ni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Igala People In Anambra State / Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" / Make-Up Free Photo Of Ola Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife, Shows Her Tribal Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.