Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) (57587 Views)

Two Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping 50 People By Posing As Americans / A Facebook User Cries Out As One Man Scams Some People Over $70,000 / Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by idom101: 9:07pm On Nov 20, 2017
I was his victim he send airtime to me, I had to call him back and ask who is this, that I was sent airtime and I didn't expect any, the person that picked now said its one baba that wanted to send airtime to his son in school for him to pay transport back and attend his birthday, later he called that Baba wanted to thank me, the baba called and started praying, then he ask me if I have #5 or 10# so he can use and prayer for me, I booked him sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Lantern042: 9:07pm On Nov 20, 2017
Naa dem,i know it could only be them... AFONJA I hail una oooo

2 Likes

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by romeorailss: 9:22pm On Nov 20, 2017
If u send message to someone , is the SMS not supposed to still be on your fone? Why now call the person to send it back? Looks like all those people sensing back couldn't just tell the baba when he called that he should use the airtime and they did t load it simple, since it's still in the sent message angry

1 Like

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by princemartinsG(m): 9:24pm On Nov 20, 2017
There is need for increased security awareness education as there continue to be surge increase in criminality and variations for fraudulent deceptions.

VOTE MASSIVE YOUTH EMPOWERMENT AN REDUCED CRIME AND VICES
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Hollawayn05(m): 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2017
yeye people
dey call me too to send back the card.
so I use a common sense
why call me to send back card, Just load it and save urself d stress of begging me to send back yeye card,
I look at the card self, so in usual format and arrangements, I just laugh and den call back telling if dey try call me back I will report dem to the police,
he was like "haaaa, what have I done wrong that u want to report me"
funny weyre

1 Like

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Azam101: 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
Name checked, confirmed, and sealed Afonja ooooo

1 Like

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2017
Received a call based on that format few months back. Just called the caller's bluff.

Dont know whether it was this man or not but the caller also said he was from Ondo state.
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by ikorodureporta: 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2017
E-baba....We hav one here-na
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by francizy(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2017
raker300:
now you see the tribalism in Nigeria

If it was an Igbo that was involved...you’ll disappear.

Now you want to take the moral high ground?

Funny Afonja

You dey mind those hypocrites?? cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by francizy(m): 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
Yesbody:
There is another guy who called him self Ifagbemi in ijebu, he is also a scammer
He has been sending scamming messages to me too
I don't no if he is same person

Pls kindly spread the news and report to the necasssry authority

Once you load the airtym to ur fone, u are in trouble, they will use there spiritual means to control u
For me I just ignore there messages

Rubbish!!! Let them send it and know if I won't use it!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by naughtyendowed(m): 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2017
Emescot:
Lol i have experienced this format before, got a message that went something like this, 'Omo mi ifaronke, we are celebrating the ifa festival tomorrow, sell this cards and use the money for ur transport back for the festival and rituals 24xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and 32xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Its mtn. Ifa a gbe wa o' i tried the recharge pins and it was not on the mtn network, i was so disappointed

Exactly d message I received too.
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Petik8(m): 10:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
mamoostella:

What is this Country turning into?
Why all these tribalism for goodness sake? Can't we just move forward and be united as a people? Why this bad blood?
Must our reaction to issues always be so biased and prejudiced? A criminal is a criminal and can hail from any state in the Country because man is inherently evil until he discovers himself. We even have criminals abroad. So why this parochial reasonings and comments?
Which one is Afonja or IPOB in this matter now? Lets change please
best comment so far but dem no go gree hear dats d problem with Nigerians
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 10:08pm On Nov 20, 2017
Two times the bastard tried his tricks on me but failed, I don't believe in pastors praying for me, I can talk to God myself

2 Likes

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Jsucre(m): 10:22pm On Nov 20, 2017
Childofaking:
I have received that text or airtime before with a text saying Baba want you to use the money to come for IFA festival. Ignored it because o have already heard the story.
i received such msg somtimes ago. thank God i dont fall to the trap
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Kalashnikov102(m): 10:25pm On Nov 20, 2017
I can't fall for his shi*!! #born_notorious
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by mastermaestro(m): 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
Itzminstrel:
Have experienced it too o.I don't know if its the same person Sha..the card was sent to my mum's line,he called and ask it should be returned which I did ,immediately he started praying for me and ask I should get a coconut after which I should call him that he wants to pray for me with it but I never called him.I can't fall for such scam.

cheesy I had exactly the same experience a few months ago. After praying all kinds of prayer, he asked me if I could do anything he instructed me to do in order to hasten my progress in life. I bluntly told him that my faith in JESUS CHRIST would not allow me. He lost his voice and ended the call right away. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by mastermaestro(m): 10:33pm On Nov 20, 2017
idom101:
I was his victim he send airtime to me, I had to call him back and ask who is this, that I was sent airtime and I didn't expect any, the person that picked now said its one baba that wanted to send airtime to his son in school for him to pay transport back and attend his birthday, later he called that Baba wanted to thank me, the baba called and started praying, then he ask me if I have #5 or 10# so he can use and prayer for me, I booked him sharp sharp

cheesy I had the exact same experience. Once I told him that my Christian faith was enough for me, he hung up sharply. grin

1 Like

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Bibi294(f): 10:37pm On Nov 20, 2017
Omo Edema on the loose on exposing all fake spiritualist
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by LordIsaac(m): 10:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
This souls did same to me. Thank God I wasn't greedy. I blocked their line instantly!
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by creatorsverse(m): 11:00pm On Nov 20, 2017
For this kind APC administration na him person go send u card by mistake hmmmmm baba please locate my number
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Larrydasilva(m): 11:15pm On Nov 20, 2017
Emescot:
Lol i have experienced this format before, got a message that went something like this, 'Omo mi ifaronke, we are celebrating the ifa festival tomorrow, sell this cards and use the money for ur transport back for the festival and rituals 24xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and 32xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Its mtn. Ifa a gbe wa o' i tried the recharge pins and it was not on the mtn network, i was so disappointed
i truely got the same message, after i unknowinly played along, he told me to bring 20k for prayer, that was i knew he was scammer.
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by seunjungle1(m): 12:15am On Nov 21, 2017
Oh, I am very happy about this news.
This man had a conversation with me sometimes around 2016. He sent some pins to my phone around mid night which his call called me to it's notice about the pins because I didn't even notice that some pins were sent to my phone...that morning he acted like an old man and I immediately sent the pins back to me. He later called me back to say some prayers...but the voice I was listening to that day was like a herbalist man which pissed me off that day because I hate anything that is juju...he called back several times but I refused to pick his call again. That was how I escaped him
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by freedomessence: 12:18am On Nov 21, 2017
But why are people so gullible these days? Someone sent call card numbers to ur phone and asked you to send it back...why not just remind him/her that he/she still has the message on his/her sent message inbox?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by LordOsix(m): 6:38am On Nov 21, 2017
[i][/i]
dainformant:
A notorious fraudster known as Sunday Akingbesote, has been apprehended by security operatives in Oka, Ondo town, after being a terror to unsuspecting victims. According to reports, the man is popularly known as daddy Michael or daddy Elijah. But in the veil of telecommunications, he is “Baba Ifa’ or ‘Baba Asipa’.

Those who know him have revealed his modus operandi which had been a problem to telecom users before his arrest.

The scammer who has also been labelled a ritualist by some - is reportedly known for sending airtime to random people via text message. After sending the airtime/message to the unknown person, the 'Baba' would call the person and say he or she should send the airtime back because it was sent by mistake.

When the person sends the airtime back, the 'Baba' who will pretend to be grateful - would call he or she back and start praying in pretense that he is blessing the person for returning the airtime. It is through this prayer format that he gets and traps his victim.

After praying for the unsuspecting victim, he would start to tell the person his or her so called "problems" and will try to offer solution to the person before the billings and payments will start installmentally . Before the victim would know what is happening, he or she must have spent a lot of money for nothing.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/11/man-defrauds-victims-sending-credit-arrested-ondo-state-photos.html
my landlady almost fell into this trap, if not for the intervention of his Ascari husband
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Beryl007: 7:42am On Nov 21, 2017
For your Borehole Drilling and Geophysical Survey at Reasonable Price ....Contact us @ SDU Geology Firm...via call and whatsapp : 09035560780 Email: samueladeyemia9@gmail.com. We are at your Service at Ogun State, Oyo State , Lagos State, Osun State, Ekiti State and environs
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by jojomario(m): 8:25am On Nov 21, 2017
Has anyone seen this?

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by owopaul(m): 9:23am On Nov 21, 2017
This man and his boy are thieves oo. scammers of life... They called me in July. They did the same thing as said above. The boy said he mistakenly sent the recharge cards to my line , that it was meant for Baba's son in Lagos to sell, to get transport fare to travel home for Odun Ife. I told him that i was not going to use it , that he should send the same message to Baba's son and inform me immediately , he sells the recharge ,so that i can deleted the message. After a few minutes, He called back that he has told Baba's son and that he has sold the recharge card. He starting appreciating me and all... that Baba want to appreciate me also... i said no... that he should not worry...that he should greet baba for me on my behalf. ..thank God i did not speak to the Baba ooo..if not, i would have been another victim. Nigerians are desperate oooo.....i give up.

1 Like

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 21, 2017
BADT GUY

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by suhayridz(m): 1:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
I had almost same experience, the only difference is that mine just called to thank me for being kind to an old man few years back.. What surprised me was the fact that this man knows a lot about me!
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Emescot(m): 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2017
larrygal:

It happens to me too...but I don't bother to load cause d card wasn't meant for me ...I was even d one that called d number back to show my concern ...I really regretted being too nice that day ..
At a point we taught he s a ritualist when he kept on asking me if I was alone but Alas d phone was on speaker and my family r with me ...
Assuming am in nigeria right now ...ehn as d thing dey pain me reach I fit go ondo to see the stupid man who pretended to be an old man...it was such a sad and scary experience

I tried to load it o and honestly i didnt bother to call the number cos i thought someone i knew was toying with me after trying without success
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Emescot(m): 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
naughtyendowed:

Exactly d message I received too.
Na baba handwork be that grin

1 Like

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Yesbody: 2:30am On Feb 21, 2018
This scammers are in ijebu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boy Whose Hand Was Cut Off For Stealing Phone In Delta Caught Stealing Again / Kidnapper E-Money: FG To Claim Properties Owned By Collins Ezenwa Dead Kidnapper / Man Kills His Wife And Daughter In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.