Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) (57557 Views)

Two Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping 50 People By Posing As Americans / A Facebook User Cries Out As One Man Scams Some People Over $70,000 / Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Yesbody: 2:32am On Feb 21, 2018
Can someone help us report this case to the police atleast we have evidence everywhere
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 21, 2018
This is the dumbest move ever.Any9ne that sends you a message will have the message and its content in the sent folder.So if I recieve airtime from someone and the person asks me to send it back,I will be sending only curses to the person and block the number.
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by koredeeniola(f): 10:16pm On Feb 21, 2018
I received same message on d 7 of Nov last year,d person even called DAT I shld send d card back,I called d person with my oda line and he fell for d trick I used for him,den I started cursing him wit d IFA he said he wanted to celebrate,beta nollywood incantations he started begging me
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by sam1990(m): 6:17am On Feb 22, 2018
Am a victim of this,an unknown man sent a recharge card to me through text message last 2years. After 5 minute, he called my line and told me that he mistaking send the recharge card to my phone. He now later send me another number and ask me to forward the recharge card to that person in which I did.after doing that,he called me back again and started praying and praising me for the kindly gesture in which I told him not to bother himself.I ended the call and I thought that was all not know they were fraudsters. He called my line again and gave the phone to his father who claim to be an IFA chief priest.the man also praise me and asked of my name in which I told him a different name and nt my original name.he started chanting incantation on the name I told him and ask me to come down to osun state immediately that he has the solution to my problem. He ask me to buy different fetish item and come with money.I told him that am a Christian and my religion doesn't permit me to do such but he insisted on me coming straight to osun.and my sister who reside on UK just send me a huge sum of money to keep for her pending her arrival to Nigeria.I really thank God for saving me from those fraudsters.and let's be careful and watchful because assuming I told them my real name,that might be a different story. Those fraudster are not sleeping. All they do is look for a way of looting away peoples money.
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Lizmania(f): 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2018
now this is 2018 and I just got the same message from d Idiot that called himself Ifayemi.pls let's be careful ooo
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by GRAMMARJAMES(m): 11:26am On Feb 22, 2019
and now this is 2019. one idioooot just send me same message, me dat my boss is giving me series of pressure, one mumu baba cum say him wan pray for me,. na so i vex tell the man to piss off my phone joor!!. he hissed and hung up immediately.

Funny indeed smiley smiley smiley
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by xtremeTall(m): 4:21pm On Nov 12, 2019
cremedelacreme:
Jeez! I got a similar SMS early this year. I sent it back to the sender informing him that it wasn't meant for me. That was how the number called me back and started thanking me and 'blessing' me saying he never knew that there are still good people in the world. He told me that he is 80 years old (truly he was sounding like an octogenarian), that the airtime was meant for his grand daughter. I became uncomfortable the moment he started saying some fetish things (that I should get coconut, salt and 10 naira note for 'prayer' ). I quickly told him that I was busy that I'll call him later. I only avoided him because I am not a fan of those kind of 'spiritual prayer'. Inever realised he was a fraudster till this moment. Na wah ooo.
i just experienced something similar ..omor thing dey happen o
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Alisajohn: 9:18pm On Apr 02, 2020
koredeeniola:
I received same message on d 7 of Nov last year,d person even called DAT I shld send d card back,I called d person with my oda line and he fell for d trick I used for him,den I started cursing him wit d IFA he said he wanted to celebrate,beta nollywood incantations he started begging me

Please has anyone died from this scams . It just happened to my friend and he is scared
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Alisajohn: 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2020
xtremeTall:
i just experienced something similar ..omor thing dey happen o
Please has any one died from it before
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by SirNuell1(m): 9:01am On Apr 03, 2020
Ifayemi baba say make you sell this card and come for the senators prayer.

You all should be careful, they still do it in 2020
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Mkbass20: 7:01pm On Jan 04, 2021
Yea... Have experienced this.... The baba asked my name after thanking me and called back to mention my surname join... I was shocked
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Chiino(m): 9:18am On Jan 06, 2021
Hello, Good morning and Happy New Year.

In this write up I'll tell you how to

1. Report a scammer or fraudster or ripper
2. How to watch out against scam
Let's get started.

The 2021 seems like a recovery year after the hardship of 2020, undoubtedly people will be doubling down on their efforts and hustles whether it's with business, trading or skill acquisition. Just then there's another group of people who will also be hustling more.... SCAMMERS and FRAUDSTERS.
With the 2nd wave of COVID-19 and the looming 2nd lockdown all over the world, people are going to turn over to internet businesses and remote transactions, remote jobs and everything in-between. Where do you come in? Just anywhere! You could decide to shop or Invest in something or anything else and more than ever before you need security for your money.
Now who are we and why do we care?

We're www.nairacheck.com an online fraud check directory. And it's our business to make sure that your transactions are verified and safe.

HOW TO REPORT A SCAM
1. Go to www.nairacheck.com
2. Click on the "view fraud list" button
3. Search by name or account number or account name or phone number or location or social media handle
4. Because of the increasing additions, if the name does not already exist on the database, Click on the "Contribute" button
5. Fill in the details and submit [ www.nairacheck.com will never give out your identity to a third party]

HOW TO CHECK FOR FRAUD
1. Go to www.nairacheck.com
2. Click on the "view fraud list" button
3. Search by name or account number or account name or phone number or location or social media handle
4. Returned results shows that the name is on the fraud list
5. Searching is not enough....RUN!

Visit www.nairacheck.com today before that transaction

Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Grucho1(m): 10:56am On Jan 06, 2021
this same trick was tried me this yr...no know say me na sharp guy
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by DashingRush(m): 11:11am On Sep 29, 2021
I just received the text now.

I wondered why the dude would ask me to resend the SMS to another number when he has it on his phone. Everything smelled of fraud.

All I did was to search on Google "scammers sending airtime to people and asking them to resend" and this page came top. Thanks, Seun for Nairaland.
Re: Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) by Ayobami45: 9:08am On Nov 17, 2021
Same happened to me he prayed for me and then he ask me to get coconut,pure water and white napkin then asked me to send money for bottle of seaman drink then I sent 3k and after I get all those stuff so I called him then ask to do some stuff with all those stuff I bought but I didn't..before asking to do all those stuff he asked me to send money for something and I sent 4k then he said he his going to call me tomorrow morning then he called again I should send another money to him and I told I don't have any money with me is anything going to happen to me
[b][/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison / Graphic Photos From The Bank Robbery At Agbara This Morning / Two Nigerian Men Fight On Airplane: Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.