Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:40 PM

Official Press Release By The Ekiti State Labour Room Reality Tv Show Governor - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Official Press Release By The Ekiti State Labour Room Reality Tv Show Governor (717 Views)

Man Twerks On Yes You Can Naija Reality TV Show. See Reactions / Celebrity Housemates Reality TV Show: Eniola Badmus Up For Eviction / Press Release By The Labour Room TV Show Governor Of Ekiti State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Official Press Release By The Ekiti State Labour Room Reality Tv Show Governor by PediakAuthor: 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
A brief report of the experience gained as the Representative of Ekiti State in the just concluded National Development TV Programme.
After the 60 days travail in the Labour Room with 36 other vibrant youths (who represented all the Nigerian States, including the FCT) with the focus to give birth to a Super Nation – Nigeria. I am so pleased to inform you that the experience was worth the while.

The Labour Room Programme itself was primarily designed to be an experimental model of the workability of the Nation – Nigeria. At the end of the 60 days, I can rightly conclude that, if all the diverse ethnic nationalities in Nigeria could peacefully co-exist for such a long period of time for the purpose of the national interest, maximizing the strength in their diversity for the pursuit of the nation’s prosperity; then I can rightly infer that, truly, a United Nigeria is realistic.

At this point, I can confidently tell Nigerians that I am a WINNER; the reason being that, I now have what it takes to take Nigeria to her aspired greener pasture. If they ask who are we? Tell them that we are the #Super37; a catalyst to a sustainable social, political and economic chain reactions in Nigeria.

As we all know, a tree doesn’t make a forest; I, with the help of other Nigerian Youths selflessly synergized together, with the aim to act as a catalyst in fostering a sustainable economic, social and political chain reactions in Nigeria. Mother Theresa once said, “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.”

I am at this phase confident to tell the knowledgeable people of Ekiti State and Nigerians at large that I now have developmental ideas that have the capacity to save the Nigerian economy from the brim of collapse.
Indeed, the whole Labour Room experience was more than a mere conventional reality TV Show; to me, it was a National Development TV programme, while also serving as a platform to have a well-seasoned social, political and economic exposure.
To my readers; how far can you go for your country? How much of your energy can you expend for the nation re-building process? What is your patriotic and selfless contribution to national development?

As for me, here’s my redefined nationalistic definition of Patriotism; 60 days without a phone, without an access to the internet, without an access to a clock and ultimately without an access to the pleasure of the world, but primarily team-working with other Nigerian ethnic nationalities and fully maximizing the strength in our diversities for the sake of National Interest. “Indeed, successful nations were borne out of no time and no woman in labour gets herself engrossed with the pleasure of this world” - @jawolusy.

Ask yourself, can you go to that extent for your country? By the matter of fact, Nigeria can only get out of her present dungeon of under-development until all her citizens are ready to selflessly participate in the nation building process.

“This is the new story and the summary of what I learnt in the course of my 60 days travail in the Labour Room. “Love MUST be the new lingua franca in Nigeria.” – @jawolusy

“If there is Love, Unity is foreseeable, whereas the peaceful co-existence of all the ethnic nationalities of every successful nation kindles a sustainable all-round progress.” - @jawolusy

Imagine these wonderful experiences; from the repulsive, though necessary morning wake-up call by Ebonyi LR Gov, to the daily morning devotion by both Muslims and Christians, to the Labour Room Governors’ Executive Council meetings, to the early morning sanitation tasks, to the ethnic dining table, to the Herbert Macaulay lounge to attentively listen to invited dignitaries, to the pitching exercises, what about my entertaining moments of singing, playing the harmonica or the piano? and many other interesting chronicles. I can’t just dare to forget Commando so soon; his early morning work-out rekindled my body-fitness status. How soon can the #Super37 forget the disciplinarian lessons on how to manage their emotional responses?

And to crown it all, I will be the most ungrateful creature if I don’t publicly appreciate God for the gift of life and also for the good health given to me for the 2 months of my stay in the Labour Room mansion, in spite of the demanding research tasks and the sleepless nights of getting the “PALM HOUSE” assignments done. No course to see the doc at the basement! Indeed Rapha is my healer.
Here are few out of several invited dignitaries who visited the #Suer37 in the Labour Room mansion;

Unforgettably, Fela Durotoye came to visit us in the Labour Room mansion, where he charged us for more than 2 sleepless hours.
What about the awesome visit of Don Pedro Obaseki? One of the most intelligent Edo record-breaker, who became a Professor at the Age of 21; his power talks unimaginably commands total attention of the listeners.

Mohammed Danjuma also had an interactive session with the #Super37, where I refreshingly replicated his explosive quote; a philosophy for political leaders’ adoption.

The Deputy Senate president of the Nigerian National Assembly – Senator Ike Ekweremadu also visited the #Super37 in the Labour Room mansion, where he freely gave and also signed an autograph of his recent book titled; “who will love my country: Ideas for building the Nigeria of our dreams. I must confess that this said book is still the best socio-political book ever read by me, of a recent. On the last day of our stay in the Labour Room,

The Nigerian Minister of Information – Alhaji Lai Mohammed also visited the mansion, where he emphasized on the revitalization of the Nigerian education sector by declaring a state of emergence while he also addressed the issues of national development.

Several captains industries visited the mansion, they charged us up, they mentored us, they examined us and they also prepared us for the tasks ahead. It’s also about taking responsibility.

How soon can I forget the DAUNTING tasks by the Toastmasters International?; where my Delta brother got the crown as the best Speaker in the mansion. I’m on the verge of becoming a good public speaker!

What about the surprise visit of the Director General G of the National orientation Agency?

What about the amazing visit of Mutiu Adepoju – the famous Super Eagles’ number 8 accompanied with the present Super Eagles’ Goalkeeper and other officials?

Should I talk about the surprise visit of the SDGs Officials? The SSA to the President on SDGs and her entourage had a productive interactive session with the #Super37.

The owner of the Ben TV – London, Alistair Soyode – the Mentoring Commandant also gave the #Super37 an expository interactive session.

A profound activist – Hamzat Lawal also came visiting the #Super37 with his wealth of experience in offering humanitarian services.

What about the visit of the NAPTIP Director General? Not to even start the cool experience of having Her Excellency – the Wife of the Kebbi State Governor in the Mansion accompanied with her Medicaid entourage?

Several other serving Legislators in the upper and in the lower chambers also came visiting.

Oh! I cannot forget the unforgettable visit of the British High Commissioner to Nigeria, where he mentioned that; “we were once your colonial masters, but we are now your collaborators.” While also recommending timely solutions to Nigeria’s wailing challenges.

I once played my harmonica with Jeremiah Gyang during one of his visitation to the Labour Room Mansion, I cannot start the narratives of all these chronicles right now, just watch out for my next written work, I bet you won’t find it boring.

Several OAPs – On Air Personalities also came around; the likes of Matilda Duncan from Rhythm FM, Nyanga from WaZoBia FM, impressively, the #Super37 had jovial and lively moments with the OAPs … Nyanga indeed!

The President of the Ijaw Youths Council worldwide also came visiting on 10-11-17.

Several former Nigerian Governors also visited the mansion to share their views on how to foster national and economic development in Nigeria.

The popular Nigerian Comedian – Seyi law also came around to dine with the #Super37. It was quite an unforgettable moment.

Most of all, the visit of an inventor - Michael Friday (who talked about the viability of Naija-made product) is quite unforgettable.

The present Miss Nigeria also came to the Mansion to meet with the Labour Room Executive Council… oh! A re-pondering of the; “How dare you governor”, for the Bold & Brilliant Adamawa himself… smiles!!!

Most of all, the good times of Jonney Rocket will always refresh in our tummy every Wednesday evening.

Emphatically, during one of the interactive session of the #Super37 with the British high Commissioner to Nigeria – Mr. Paul Arkwright, he clearly stated that; “South Korea and Nigeria were at the same level, just 30 years ago.” He further identified one of the underlying facts that led to the drastic economic revolution of the Asian Tiger, being boastful of several competitive export products.

Here’s my opinion with respect to this popular discourse; “it is time for Nigeria to stimulate a paradigm shift from a crude-oil driven economy by blazing a trail for a knowledge-driven global economy. This is one of the timely solutions that can rescue Nigeria from the dungeon of under-development, poverty and from her glaring level of under-achievement amongst her equals. We must take 4 key factors into cognizance here; Infrastructural development, rapid industrialization, massive exports and minimal imports.

To this effect, it is my pleasure to once again introduce to you my personal development project – The NICTIP initiative – ( www.nictip.com ) – A Sustainable transformational Agenda in Nigeria – serving as my timely contribution to the development of my dear nation – Nigeria.
The 4 cardinal targets of NICTIP is to actualize the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 16th & 17th out of the 17 SDG goals (which provides a new framework to approach sustainable development) in Nigeria within the projected period. Respectively, No Poverty, No Hunger, Good health, Quality Education, Renewable Energy, Good jobs and Economic growth, ‘Industry, Innovation & infrastructure’, Sustainable Cities and Communities, Responsible Consumption, Peace and justice and Partnership for the goals. A recent report shows that Sub-Sahara African Countries and South-Asian Countries are under-achievers among other nations in the actualization of the MDG – Millennium Development Goals. For Nigeria to actualize more of the SDG goals within the projected time-frame, a National ICT Industrial park which is the proposed innovative and creative hub must be established in each Nigerian State, by means of the active participation of the citizens through Advanced Manufacturing Partnership Programme and by the means of Public Private Partnership. The focus is to stimulate a knowledge-driven global economy in Nigeria for the improvement of the citizens’ livelihood while the Government also creates a favourable environment for investments.
Concerning the recurring issues of negative media perception about the Nigerian youths; i am so pleasured to note that the #Super37 have changed the wrong narratives within their 60 days successful stay in the Labour Room Mansion. Indeed, a good thing can come out of Nazareth. They won’t tell the world that Nigerian youths can sacrificially accomplish such an intellectual engagement with maximum discipline, focus, selfless service, dedication, and for the love of national interest. Technology now uncontrollably makes everyone a journalist in this jet-age. However, this is my message to the Nigerian youths; the usage of the social media can either make or mar the Nigerian reflection, it is time to change the existing wrong impression by telling the world about the laudable activities rather than capitalizing on the infinitesimal pinch of stain in our national white garment. This will foster international relations while also creating a beneficial environment for FDI – Foreign Direct Investment in Nigeria.

However, during the course of my stay in the labour room mansion, I freely released the PDF version of my investor’s handbook, titled, The NICTIP initiative; A Sustainable Transformational Agenda in Nigeria - @ www.book.nictip.com – my timely contribution to the national development. My pleasure is to have the Nigerian Government and other private organizations implement and actualize all the 4 cardinal targets analyzed in the NICTIP book, for the purpose of fueling a knowledge-driven global economy that counts on the active participation of the Nigerian youths in the nation building process.

As I round up, the 4 cardinal targets of the NICTIP Initiative remain the same;
1. The globalization of Agriculture; for a practical example, the establishment of the Ekiti State Agro-Edu Initiative (ESAEI) - for the purpose of facilitating youth employment by engaging in the cooperative farming of some selected agricultural products.
2. Democratization of Education; for a practical example, the establishment of the Ekiti Community Research and Development Centre (ECRaDC) – for the purpose of maximizing the intellectual resource capacity of the youths in blazing a trail for a knowledge-driven global economy through technology transfer.
3. Modern Manufacturing Technology; for a practical example, the establishment of the Ekiti State Modern Manufacturing Technology Centre (ESMMTC) - for the purpose of producing competitive export products in Nigeria, by replicating the tested solutions that worked for the Asian Tigers’ actualization of a sustainable economic development.
4. Internet Revolution; for a practical example, the establishment of the Ekiti State Intellectual Revolution Initiative (ESIRI) – for the purpose of positively maximizing the intellectual and digital skills of the Nigerian youths for job creation.

Read more at www.nictip.com or freely download the full PDF of the investor’s handbook at www.book.nictip.com – (Size: 3MB).
Lastly, amidst the ups and downs of the Labour Room grand finale event on the 16th November, 2017 and with respect to the outcome of who wins, all I have to say is that; “the memories of yesterday will not stop me and the pain and shame of today will not define me”. In addition, here’s my tranquil word for Nigerians agitating for the unexpected results of the Labour Room Winners; “I have learnt and also preached what the true meaning of inculcating a sportsmanship spirit depicts during the course of my stay in the Labour room mansion, at this dilemma, how soon and how far can I practice what I have learnt and which I also preached? The time is now, if not for anything, but ONLY for the sake of national interest. We should stop looking at what we don’t have, we MUST be grateful to God for what we have.

“The value for class is pricelessly unquantifiable: you can buy a room and not a class” - @jawolusy

Big thanks to the 3Fs – Fans, Family and Friends who supported me with their vote; I count such a laudable gesture as your contribution towards the nation building process – the true meaning of patriotism.

I must also commend the efforts of the Ekiti State Labour Room Cabinet for their impacts.

To the #Super37, let us focus on what unites us than what differentiates us, there is strength in our diversity, if only in can be rightly maximized in generating wealth, while also adding values to the society.

In my oft-repeated maxim of conclusion; “with God on my side and with my kind of breed, all the developmental goals in the NICTIP book will surely be actualized in due season” – Deo-Volente.

God bless the #Super37,
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Thank You.

- Written By Jawolusi Oluwaseun Solomon - @jawolusy
- Former Legislative Aide in the 7th Senate of the Nigerian National Assembly.
- The first Representative of Ekiti State in the Labour Room National Development Reality TV Programme.

Re: Official Press Release By The Ekiti State Labour Room Reality Tv Show Governor by adedotman5(m): 10:54am On Dec 06, 2017
Nice one, The problem we have has never been lack of ideas, in fact we have scores of them that look good on paper with high potential of turning around the country's fortunes, but we falter when it comes to implementation. I hope you can put all these wonderful experience to good use

1 Like

Re: Official Press Release By The Ekiti State Labour Room Reality Tv Show Governor by PediakAuthor: 10:53am On Dec 09, 2017
adedotman5:
Nice one, The problem we have has never been lack of ideas, in fact we have scores of them that look good on paper with high potential of turning around the country's fortunes, but we falter when it comes to implementation. I hope you can put all these wonderful experience to good use

brother.. thanks for your words of encouragement. however, i can't do it alone, i need the help of of other Nigerian youths as supporters and transformational agents, they need to wake up from their slumber and build the Nigerian Future with their hands. Deo Volente, revolution is imminent in Nigeria, a bloodless one this time around, but an intellectual revolution that counts on the active participation of the Nigerian youths in stimulating a sustainable economic development growth in Nigeria via a knowledge-driven global economy.... the time is now, even if the govt wont create a favourable environment, we must take responsibility as gallant youths.. however, freedom is not given, but taken... so Nigerian youths, rise up from your slumber and shine forth.... THEY know the truth, but they hide the truth from you with a mere peanuts from their loots... o ma she ooo... next time they come meet u on how to win the next election, say no to their veiling peanuts, tell dem to plan for the betterment of the next generation by thrir good deeds and not on how yo win d next election.... Nigeria will be great.. im just using this comment to provoke the Nigerian youths to war against underdevelopment and poverty in our land...

from Mr. Sustainable, The Ekiti labour room gov

(1) (Reply)

Yemi Alade Show It All At Glo Mega Music Tour Lekki: 2017 / 10 Movies Before And After CGI / Download Mark Angel Comedy: HOLLYWOOD STANDARD Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.