Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi (12850 Views)

Martin Elechi Bowing To Greet Governor Umahi (Photo) / Onyekachi Elechi Is Dead. Martin Elechi's Son Dies (Photo) / Ekiti APC Protests Against Fayose's Verbal Attacks On Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Nweze1986: 10:03am On Nov 21, 2017
RESPONSE TO MARTIN ELECHI'S CARELESS VERBAL ATTACKS

By Philip Nweze

Chief Martin Elechi's latest outburst on Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi state has simply portrayed the former governor as sanctimonious, misleading, self-serving and discomfiting.

First, it is quite surprising that Chief Elechi could descend this low and forget so soon. During his reign, there was much suffering in the land. The people were hungry. Yet, the person responsible for this unsavoury state of affairs relishes in adding insult to the people’s injury. He makes statements that are not only reckless but also untrue. We know the former governor is still nursing the wound of defeat but rather than generalise his anger, Elechi should speak for himself.

With due respect, Chief Elechi failed this state many times over than all members of his generation failed this country. He talked of Governor Umahi completing his abandoned projects. If he had served his state well, would there be any. Chief Elechi's abandoned projects are stamped in all the nooks and crannies of the state.

Chief Elechi wasted all the golden opportunities that he had to make this state great, first as a foremost stakeholder in South east politics from the defunct old Eastern region and later as a two-term civilian governor. It is too late in the day for him to now cry foul. He had his chances and blew them!

It is laughable that he talks about the governor's intolerance to credible opposition views. Here is a man who neither recognised nor entertained any advice or opposition even from his inner circle. Those who dared him were paid fatal visits by his youth assembly attack dogs. He said his APC has come to salvage decaying political values caused by misgovernance of one man who has lost focus of what political leadership and governance entails. Yet even the leader of APC and Nigerian president Muhammadu Buhari thinks the governor is a super performer.

Chief Elechi has the right to feel bad that he suffered political defeat in the hands of his former deputy and therefore feels an obligation to shoot down and disparage every move he makes. But he should know his limit.

It is the irony of the century when Elechi says the governor prefers to embark on unrealisable elephant projects that have no direct bearing on the lives of the people. Isn't this the same man who frittered millions of dollars on the Centenary City Secretariat. The Ebonyi Centenary Tower Elechi constructed at the centenary city is the most compelling evidence of financial recklessness. The Tower was supposed to last for the next hundred years but the supposedly monument failed few months after its completion. The Califco power plant saga and the abandoned 8, 000 lock-up shops in the international market are also topping the strings of Elechi's white elephant projects.

Chief Elechi also accused his successor of abandoning the Oferekpe water scheme. Well, let us recall that Elechi's government expended over thirty six billion naira on this same project and procured pipes that will cover fifty two kilometers from Oferekpe to Onuebonyi in Abakaliki Local Government Area at the cost of over nine billion naira. The cost implication is not the issue, but the most annoying thing is that the project was never designed to be functional. 90% of the projects Chief Elechi initiated were mere conduit pipe for embezzlement designed by his aides to fleece away the tax payers’ fund. His lieutenants raped the state economically to a bleeding point.

Chief Elechi also accused the governor of insensitivity to the plight of pensioners and ordinary Ebonyians. Perhaps, Elechi has gone senile with age hence the twisted information concerning pensioners being owed months of arrears in Ebonyi state. Let me remind Chief Elechi, incase he has forgotten, that precisely in August this year, the Umahi-led government released over N1.5 billion for the immediate payment of pension and gratuity to retired workers from 1996 when the state was created till date. Specifically, the sum of N750 million was approved for the payment of the pensions arrears and gratuities of retired State Civil Servants and an equal amount of N750 million also approved for the payment of the pensions arrears and gratuities of Local Government workers. The governor also released another N400 million for the immediate empowerment of over 2000 widows domiciled across the 13 local government area of the State. Similarly, over 3, 000 women and youths have been empowered with 250, 000 Naira each to do any business of their choice. The governor through the office of his Senior Special Assistant has also made it a monthly ritual to settle medical bills of indigent patients who could not offset their bills.

Governor Elechi's broadside on his successor is simply laughable and bereft of facts. Chief Elechi should give us a break. There is no denying fact that he failed the state. The least he can now do is leave the governor alone to clear the peculiar mess he and others of his ilk got this state into. Let him quietly retire into obscurity; fade away from the limelight; and allow us our peace and serenity.

#MenOfGoodWillShare

Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:09am On Nov 21, 2017
No difference between Elechi and Umahi. Both milked Ebonyians dry. What Umahi is doing right now is total finishing. Thanks

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by lordkush: 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
them 2 dey crase
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Daniel058(m): 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
DAVE UMAHI BU AYON GETI OO ANWAKWANWA K'IYA KPEM grin

Well i like what's going on politically in ebonyi,U see when you know that you have opponents who are waiting like a hungry lion to take over your position even your possessions, you need no prophet to tell you to work harder..

Elechi CHIWARU, UNU HAFU DAVE G'OCHIA ooo!! grin.

Ekubaruoha is working!!

After ekubaruoha EDON will take over

3 Likes

Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by wiloy2k8(m): 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
make i buy land
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
My lovely state, Chukwu gozie Umahi
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Jerrypolo(m): 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
These are the set of people our youths "Future Leaders" are fighting and dying for.

Its a shame.

Politicians .....riding us since 1960

Citizens .... Providing the fuel since 1914.

1 Like

Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by investwisely: 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
Who cares
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by trustibk(m): 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
I buy itunes walmart amazon,vanilla,steam wallet In pounds£ euros € and dolls$ just check my profile for more details a trial will convince you
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Joephat(m): 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
I have come to understand that equating Nigeria to Animals without being specific is a great insult to animals who had formed and who has a well organized system of Government with a working Castes or social classes.

For Instance: Termites

Winged female and male Termites will continue to fly around until they have grown and decide to make babes. The very moment they Met, they will loose their wings and come down to establish their Colony.

You can not establish a Colony without attaining a particular quality or Age. The couple will be Called a Queen and a King respectively. In the colony, they will start to make babies and the babies will grow taking up their Roles.

The Colony Castes are divided into three, Thats; The Queen and the king(Executives) Proletariat (Workers) and The Soldiers.

Their functions are categorically stipulated, the Executives are the head, the workers are in charge of building and expanding the colony, whereas, the Soldiers protect the Colony against external aggression..

Now, look clearly and tell me, if is not an insult to Compare Nigeria with Termites Colony.

Nigeria, a Country, that the head is Certificateless and without any good leadership quality. A country that cannot provide jobs for her willing workers. A country that uses her Soldiers to kill her citizens instead of protecting them against external aggression.

Please, if you're equating Nigeria with Animals, be specific bcz it will be an insult to some Animals

1 Like

Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by SageTravels: 6:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
Wisdomkosi:
No difference between Elechi and Umahi. Both milked Ebonyians dry. What Umahi is doing right now is total finishing. Thanks

Umahi is far better. Elechi 8 years was as if Ebonyi state was on vacation. No infrastructure, No improvement and above all he stole the state fund then ran to APC

7 Likes

Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Pavore9: 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2017
Sighs....
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by callola: 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
am not from Ebonyi state but Umahi is better than Elechi a thousand times

2 Likes

Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Windflower(f): 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
SageTravels:

Umahi is far better. Elechi 8 years was as if Ebonyi state was on vacation. No infrastructure, No improvement and above all he stole the state fund then ran to APC
I completely agree,served in Elechi LGA of residence,Ikwo and damn those people are suffering.No electricity, no water supply,its was hell.
We didn't even feel the impact that we were serving close to an ex governor as we were not even allowed to fetch water in his compound. Umahi is faaaaaar better,Abakaliki is becoming a mega city

10 Likes

Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Chukazu: 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
the same Elechi that accomplished nothing for eight solid years?
he deserves no pension

2 Likes

Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by chrisxxx(m): 7:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
Tell Martins your performance is the yardstick to reelect or reject u. Obiano vs Obi Nov 2017.
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by engrchykae(m): 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2017
Joephat:
I have come to understand that equating Nigeria to Animals without being specific is a great insult to animals who had formed and who has a well organized system of Government with a working Castes or social classes.

For Instance: Termites

Winged female and male Termites will continue to fly around until they have grown and decide to make babes. The very moment they Met, they will loose their wings and come down to establish their Colony.

You can not establish a Colony without attaining a particular quality or Age. The couple will be Called a Queen and a King respectively. In the colony, they will start to make babies and the babies will grow taking up their Roles.

The Colony Castes are divided into three, Thats; The Queen and the king(Executives) Proletariat (Workers) and The Soldiers.

Their functions are categorically stipulated, the Executives are the head, the workers are in charge of building and expanding the colony, whereas, the Soldiers protect the Colony against external aggression..

Now, look clearly and tell me, if is not an insult to Compare Nigeria with Termites Colony.

Nigeria, a Country, that the head is Certificateless and without any good leadership quality. A country that cannot provide jobs for her willing workers. A country that uses her Soldiers to kill her citizens instead of protecting them against external aggression.

Please, if you're equating Nigeria with Animals, be specific bcz it will be an insult to some Animals
the truth that Hollywood failed to tell the world about the main reason behind king Kong's aggression is that the humans told king Kong that God made man in the image of monkey and most annoying part is that king Kong and humans are related,on hearing this sad story king Kong got mad.
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Miserablemee: 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
Umahi is a blessing. With his ascension, we have the like of pato, humblesmith, n tekno elevating; even Nairaland has some Ebonyi members worth reckoning.
God bless Ebonyi n umahi n nigeria.
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
SageTravels:

I had 2 reply u coz u hav chosen to lie am from Ebonyi Elechi is far better than Umaih
How many vehicles do aply on that flyovers workers salaries reduced taxin people lik his the one that owns their Businz
Let me tell u thiz secrity no 90% of the civil servants in Ebönyi hates David Nwaeze Umaih and 95% of businz men hates him times 2
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
callola:
am not from Ebonyi state but Umahi is better than Elechi a thousand times
by how is Umaih or is it b/c BUHARI visited Ebonyi
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
There is no point in heating up the polity. The good people of the salt of the nation can spot the difference between the two administration.
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by bionixs: 9:01pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hizzy:
I had 2 reply u coz u hav chosen to lie am from Ebonyi Elechi is far better than Umaih
How many vehicles do aply on that flyovers workers salaries reduced taxin people lik his the one that owns their Businz
Let me tell u thiz secrity no 90% of the civil servants in Ebönyi hates David Nwaeze Umaih and 95% of businz men hates him times 2
oga,go and sit down! you are a backward fellow joor! which Elechi are you talking about. don't you like good things?

2 Likes

Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by simultaneousboi(m): 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hizzy:

I think u worth not arguing with, cos ur political likeness has made u to judge everything hypocritically. In fact, u're a confirm enemy of progress. So, for ur own info, don't come to quote me cos I will respond. Reason been that u don't worth it.

1 Like

Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Nobody: 2:15am On Nov 22, 2017
simultaneousboi:

I think u worth not arguing with, cos ur political likeness has made u to judge everything hypocritically. In fact, u're a confirm enemy of progress. So, for ur own info, don't come to quote me cos I will respond. Reason been that u don't worth it.
are u the PA of Dave coz u speak lik one
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Uniquejames(m): 5:43am On Nov 22, 2017
Daniel058:
DAVE UMAHI BU AYON GETI OO ANWAKWANWA K'IYA KPEM grin

Well i like what's going on politically in ebonyi,U see when you know that you have opponents who are waiting like a hungry lion to take over your position even your possessions, you need no prophet to tell you to work harder..

Elechi CHIWARU, UNU HAFU DAVE G'OCHIA ooo!! grin.

Ekubaruoha is working!!

After ekubaruoha EDON will take over

u say wat? E wah? EDON?

brother are you okay? u want us to b going front and back ni?
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Uniquejames(m): 5:50am On Nov 22, 2017
Hizzy:

from your statement I can tell u that ur suffering from tribalism at large and ethnicity on the close range.

I can also tell u the part of Ebonyi ur from.

BACKWARDNESS IS SIN
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Bari22: 5:59am On Nov 22, 2017
observing
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by cosfrac: 6:59am On Nov 22, 2017
Uniquejames:

from your statement I can tell u that ur suffering from tribalism at large and ethnicity on the close range.

I can also tell u the part of Ebonyi ur from.

BACKWARDNESS IS SIN
Umahi is the worst thing that happened to Ebonyi, someone who can back bit his boss, power hunger, flogging journalists who write about the state of the government in the state, doctoring figures to please who cares, I'm not from Ebonyi but i know all that's happened there first class, better pray for a stronger opposition to wrestle the state out of his hand, he playing demigod in your state
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Daniel058(m): 7:36am On Nov 22, 2017
Uniquejames:

u say wat? E wah? EDON?

brother are you okay? u want us to b going front and back ni?
Edward Nkwegu is our next governor after Dave's second tenure
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Uniquejames(m): 8:35am On Nov 22, 2017
Daniel058:
Edward Nkwegu is our next governor after Dave's second tenure

its obvious your are his brother.

u are either myopic that u can't see or predict the future properly or you don't know anything about ebonyi politics.

lemme invite nweze1986 to help enlighten you a bit!
Re: Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi by Uniquejames(m): 8:40am On Nov 22, 2017
cosfrac:
Umahi is the worst thing that happened to Ebonyi, someone who can back bit his boss, power hunger, flogging journalists who write about the state of the government in the state, doctoring figures to please who cares, I'm not from Ebonyi but i know all that's happened there first class, better pray for a stronger opposition to wrestle the state out of his hand, he playing demigod in your state

you are not from ebonyi but you have chosen to be reading false stories about the state.

I don't have anything to tell you!

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Modular Refineries To Begin Operations In 2019 — Kachikwu / Omicron Variant: Why We Didn't Stop Ramaphosa From Entering Nigeria - FG / Nigeria Crawls Like Garden Snails, Can’t Be Called Giant Of Africa, Say Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.