Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ (1143 Views)

Prophet Jeremiah Omoto: Lady Sees Her Menstruation In Enugu 6 Years After / Sinach Welcomes First Baby Five Years After Marriage / Body Of Herbalist Refuses To Decay, 13 Years After Burial, Turns Museum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2017
Paul's creed dates less than 3 years after the death of Jesus Christ

The creed that Paul cites in 1 Corinthians 15 has been dated by even the most skeptical atheist scholars as having originated less than 3 years after the death of Jesus. This means that the Gospel existed before anything had been written down by Paul or the disciples, meaning it wasn't invented by them or the early church.

http://reasonsforjesus.com/pauls-creed-dates-less-than-3-years-after-death-of-jesus/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by platinumphotos: 2:42pm On Nov 21, 2017
What is this one saying..?
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2017
platinumphotos:

What is this one saying..?

If you haven't got a clue as to what am saying, then simply move on. cool
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by mujahid777(m): 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
You didn't also mention that pauls writings came long before the others.That's one of the reasons why Paul is frequently regarded as the real founder of xtianity
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by analize701: 10:13pm On Nov 21, 2017
mujahid777:
You didn't also mention that pauls writings came long before the others.That's one of the reasons why Paul is frequently regarded as the real founder of xtianity
I'm very sure you didn't read the article. It says 3years after Christ had died, but you rather believe a pedophile piss drinker who came 600years after Christ.
Gerarahia.

1 Like

Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by Scholar8200(m): 11:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
mujahid777:
Sorry, who are those that frequently refer to Paul as such?
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by mujahid777(m): 12:48am On Nov 22, 2017
analize701:

I'm very sure you didn't read the article. It says 3years after Christ had died, but you rather believe a pedophile piss drinker who came 600years after Christ.
Gerarahia.
It's like the crucified pig you worship has also made you blind
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by mujahid777(m): 12:50am On Nov 22, 2017
Scholar8200:
Sorry, who are those that frequently refer to Paul as such?
I'll just call it by the name it's called;pauline xtianity
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:40am On Nov 22, 2017
I thought your nazarene wasn't dead?
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by Scholar8200(m): 7:40am On Nov 22, 2017
mujahid777:

I'll just call it by the name it's called;pauline xtianity
meaning you are your own reference, alright.
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by analize701: 8:31am On Nov 22, 2017
mujahid777:

It's like the crucified pig you worship has also made you blind
Now He is a Crucified pig? Thank goodness allah created pigs and loves them.

I think you have an itchy mouth. Your mouth keeps shifting from Christ was not Crucified to He was.

I'll rather worship a Crucified pig who was everywhere doing good, than a pedophile who went around stealing, raping children and married women, and killing people.

I spit on his grave.

1 Like

Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
mujahid777:

Why are you guys scared of Paul's writing? Do you want me to compare him with your prophet? undecided
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by mujahid777(m): 10:39am On Nov 30, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Why are you guys scared of Paul's writing? Do you want me to compare him with your prophet? undecided
Do you also want to compare him with my grandfather sister's husband or my uncle's wife or maybe my lecturer undecided ...stop drifting away from the topic sad
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by mujahid777(m): 10:43am On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:

[s]Now He is a Crucified pig? Thank goodness allah created pigs and loves them.

I think you have an itchy mouth. Your mouth keeps shifting from Christ was not Crucified to He was.

I'll rather worship a Crucified pig who was everywhere doing good, than a pedophile who went around stealing, raping children and married women, and killing people.

I spit on his grave.[/s]
No one asked you to list the exploits of your crucified pig!
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:04am On Nov 30, 2017
Christopher Bryan

John Meier

Michael Goulder:

Historian Gary Habermas

A. J. M. Wedderburn

Craig Blomberg

N.T. Wright
Michael Goulder
James Dunn

Robert Funk

Gerd Lüdemann

funny enough none of this scholars or historians lived anytime even remotely close to the either the apostolic or patristic age. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

A very dumb article.Some of the scholars were even atheists
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by analize701: 11:17am On Nov 30, 2017
mujahid777:
No one asked you to list the exploits of your crucified pig!
E pain you. You and I knows who the real Pig is.
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by mujahid777(m): 11:25am On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:
E pain you. You and I knows who the real Pig is.
At last you're admitting it
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by analize701: 12:33pm On Nov 30, 2017
mujahid777:

At last you're admitting it
I admitted that Mohammed was a pig right?

Only a pig can bring out is lice invested private part in front of a 6yrs child who hasn't change her milk teeth yet, and masturbated in front of her then joined her little fragile legs together and thigh her.

Oh Lawwwd. Just allow this register in your mind, Your 6yrs old little girl who is still playing with toys in bed with a 53 yrs old dirty unshaven bearded man.
Ewwww.

What could arouse sexual urge in a man in a child except that man was sick? What did Muhamed see in Aisha to arouse him to desire her sexually? Oh my Godddddd. The thought of 6 yrs old daughter with a man like leaves me in tears. I don't know what i would do if the law allows me to do something to such a beast.

Muhammed needed to be castrated. Cut off his pen.is, and make him eat it raw.

Oh wait!!!!. Now i remember, a sex demon was cast into him when the sorcerer placed a curse on him.

Anybody who calls muhammed a prophet is under a curse just like him (Piss Be Upon Him)

1 Like

Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:46pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:

I admitted that Mohammed was a pig right?

Only a pig can bring out is lice invested private part in front of a 6yrs child, who hasn't change her milk teeth yet and masturbate by joining her little fragile legs together and thighing her.

Oh Lawwwd. Just allow this register in your own. Your 6yrs old little girl who is still playing with toys in bed with a 53 yrs old dirty unshaven bearded man.

What could arouse sexual urge in a man in a child of that man is not sick? What did Muhamed see in Aisha to arouse him to desire her sexually? Oh my God. Muhammed needed to be castrated. Cut off his pen.is.

Oh wait!!!!. Now i remember, a sex demon was cast into him when the sorcerer placed a curse on him.

Anybody who calls muhammed a prophet is under a curse just like him (Piss Be Upon Him)

grin grin grin grin grin.see finishing!!! You just finished Poor Moh grin grin grin grin
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by analize701: 1:24pm On Nov 30, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

grin grin grin grin grin.see finishing!!! You just finished Poor Moh grin grin grin grin
My brother, it would ve been finishing if he didn't do it o.
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by dalaman: 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The creed that Paul cites in 1 Corinthians 15 has been dated by even the most skeptical atheist scholars as having originated less than 3 years after the death of Jesus. This means that the Gospel existed before anything had been written down by Paul or the disciples, meaning it wasn't invented by them or the early church.

http://reasonsforjesus.com/pauls-creed-dates-less-than-3-years-after-death-of-jesus/

Name the atheist scholars. Mr lie lie.
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by mujahid777(m): 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:

[s]I admitted that Mohammed was a pig right?

Only a pig can bring out is lice invested private part in front of a 6yrs child who hasn't change her milk teeth yet, and masturbated in front of her then joined her little fragile legs together and thigh her.

Oh Lawwwd. Just allow this register in your mind, Your 6yrs old little girl who is still playing with toys in bed with a 53 yrs old dirty unshaven bearded man.
Ewwww.

What could arouse sexual urge in a man in a child except that man was sick? What did Muhamed see in Aisha to arouse him to desire her sexually? Oh my Godddddd. The thought of 6 yrs old daughter with a man like leaves me in tears. I don't know what i would do if the law allows me to do something to such a beast.

Muhammed needed to be castrated. Cut off his pen.is, and make him eat it raw.

Anybody who calls muhammed a prophet is under a curse just like him (Piss Be Upon Him)[/s]
Lol...Now you look so desperate composing this your long epistle.Save this theatrics defending the crucified arm-robber you shamelessly worship:

(31:17) "Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath
known man by lying with him."
(31:18) "But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with
him, keep alive for yourselves."
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by enilove(m): 7:49pm On Nov 30, 2017
Children of God , Pls don't abuse again. Let the children of the Devil do the cursing and abusing but let us do the preaching and blessing. God cannot justify you when you curse and abuse other people.

It is not everyone that will make heaven , even some well known and highly rated pastors may go to hell , how much the unbelievers. We have to be careful so that we don't end in hell by trying to prove our points.
To some people we are stupid to believe in Jesus and worship him and God Almighty. Remember :

1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Like

Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
mujahid777:

Do you also want to compare him with my grandfather sister's husband or my uncle's wife or maybe my lecturer undecided ...stop drifting away from the topic sad

Have you addressed the topic?
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:31pm On May 09, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After Death Of Jesus
By Blake Giunta - November 20, 2017

The 1 Corinthians 15 creed is, according to most scholars, a tradition or recited formula that Christians would quote or articulate. Paul claims to be doing this in chapter 15 of his letter to the Corinthians. He writes:

"For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born." – 1 Corinthians 15:3-8

The question is, is Paul lying? Is he really reciting something that pre-dates him that he received from someone else, or is this something he formulated himself? The strong majority of historians acknowledge that the creed dates back to AD 30-35. A very small minority of exceptions go to AD 51.1
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31am On May 09, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After Death Of Jesus
By Blake Giunta - November 20, 2017

The 1 Corinthians 15 creed is, according to most scholars, a tradition or recited formula that Christians would quote or articulate. Paul claims to be doing this in chapter 15 of his letter to the Corinthians. He writes:

"For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born." – 1 Corinthians 15:3-8

The question is, is Paul lying? Is he really reciting something that pre-dates him that he received from someone else, or is this something he formulated himself? The strong majority of historians acknowledge that the creed dates back to AD 30-35. A very small minority of exceptions go to AD 51.1

Scholars date this creed to within 3-5 years
The Oxford Companion to the Bible: "The earliest record of these appearances is to be found in 1 Corinthians 15:3-7, a tradition that Paul 'received' after his apostolic call, certainly not later than his visit to Jerusalem in 35 CE, when he saw Cephas (Peter) and James (Gal. 1:18-19), who, like him, were recipients of appearances." [Eds. Metzer & Coogan (Oxford, 1993), 647.]
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:08am On May 09, 2023
Gerd Lüdemann (Atheist NT professor at Göttingen): "…the elements in the tradition are to be dated to the first two years after the crucifixion of Jesus…not later than three years… the formation of the appearance traditions mentioned in I Cor.15.3-8 falls into the time between 30 and 33 CE." [The Resurrection of Jesus, trans. by Bowden (Fortress, 1994), 171-72.]
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by Maynman: 2:08pm On May 09, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

So this jesus really died?
Re: Paul's Creed Dates Less Than 3 Years After The Death Of Jesus Christ by Maynman: 2:15pm On May 09, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Look at the creed:

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures

So we know that the earliest Christians believed he died and that he was buried

And we know that they think he was buried. Note that this doesn't say in a tomb: it could be a tomb, it could be a common grave (not unreasonable for a crucified criminal in 1st century Palestine). There's no mention of the Empty Tomb until Mark, 30-40 years after Jesus' death.

that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures

We know that they believe he was "raised" on the third day. Note that this doesn't say bodily. There is significant evidence that there was a debate in the early Christian community about whether or not Jesus was raised bodily or spiritually. Look at how the Gospels embellish the "bodily resurrection" side as time goes on, as if they were written to bolster one side in a debate: in Mark, there's no discussion of post- Resurrection appearances, in Matthew, the appearances could easily be seen as either physical or non-physical, all the way to Jesus eating fish in Luke and Thomas thrusting his hands into Jesus' bodily wounds in John.

and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

And we know that the earliest Christians believed that he appeared to people after his death. Again note, though, that it doesn't say bodily appearances. In fact, as Paul includes his own decidedly non-physical post- Resurrection experience in this list, it's not unreasonable to ask if the other appearances were the same way.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Know If The Words Am Hearing In My Head Is From God? / Rccg Presents A Zonal Vigil =>targets: Vessels Of Praise / Felix Funke Adejumo May Be Banned From Entering UK And US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.