Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,488 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. (5557 Views)

Controversy Over Governor Yahaya Bello’s Coronavirus Status / See The Final 3D Rendering Of All The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Terminals In 3 States / Tinubu Meets Buhari Over Ambode’s Reelection Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Amarabae(f): 2:28pm On Nov 21, 2017
While the Nigeria media space was celebrating Anambra peaceful election and mourning a great elderstateman Dr Alex Ekwueme, A controversial oral bombshell exploded from the mouth of the newly re-elected governor of Anambra state, Willie Obiano.
I was vividly disappointed by the obiano remark that Anambraians built Lagos, its undiplomatic,inflammatory,and divisive.
Issues like this can set us up against our hosts.
The Question of who developed Lagos can be examined down briefly below.
Lagos a Yoruba state started seeing some developement right from the days of the colonial era,
Its development rose when it served as the capital of Nigeria,the Federal Government pumped a lot of money in some infrastructure in the state,
After she lost her capital status to Abuja,the modern Lagos continued to grow and it is the melting point of all ethnic groups in Nigeria who are in the state.
Taxes generated from industries,factories,business centers etc is the source of IGR of the state.
Bragging about Igbos developing Lagos makes us look stupid before the world for some reasons.
Its time we Ndigbo show the world our own Lagos instead of salivating on another person property.

Aba or Onitsha are two Igbo cities that we can develop like Lagos if we have visionary leaders.

So why the controversy?
Careless remarks like that of Obiano arm our host against us,
Lack of diplomacy should not be a weak point to us,
That statement by obiano portray us as Land grabbers which in reality we are not.
I am not ashamed to say it that despite awolowo £20pounds saga, Lagos provided the platform by which some Igbos regained themselves economically after the war,
So why the unnecessary provoking?

Igbos should think home now for investment, there is no pride in bragging about developing another man's land and leaving your own to rot.
Enough of this controversy,Lagos is a Yoruba state and remains so.
We can build our Igbo cities and towns to international standard and stop this unnecessary "Lagos and no man's land" jibe.
Thank you.

48 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by asorocker: 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
When Igbo's wanted to leave Lagos and Nigeria for them , what happened. Even nnamdi KANU who wanted to pull Igbo's out was labelled a terrorist by the same people

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Amarabae(f): 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
Cc:
Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by dammiecool(m): 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
I'm sure u didn't grow up in d east cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Amarabae(f): 2:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
asorocker:
When Igbo's wanted to leave Lagos and Nigeria for them , what happened. Even nnamdi KANU who wanted to pull Igbo's out was labelled a terrorist by the same people
This is a bit out of topic

4 Likes

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Amarabae(f): 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2017
dammiecool:
I'm sure u didn't grow up in d east cheesy
I grew up in many places.
This is just common sense at work

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by laudate: 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Amarabae:
While the Nigeria media space was celebrating Anambra peaceful election and mourning a great elderstateman Dr Alex Ekwueme, A controversial oral bombshell exploded from the mouth of the newly re-elected governor of Anambra state, Willie Obiano.
I was vividly disappointed by the obiano remark that Anambraians built Lagos, its undiplomatic,inflammatory,and divisive.
Lagos a Yoruba state started seeing some developement right from the days of the colonial era,
Its development rose when it served as the capital of Nigeria,the Federal Government pumped a lot of money in some infrastructure in the state,
After she lost her capital status to Abuja,the modern Lagos continued to grow and it is the melting point of all ethnic groups in Nigeria who are in the state.
Taxes generated from industries,factories,business centers etc is the source of IGR of the state.
Bragging about Igbos developing Lagos makes us look stupid before the world for some reasons.
Its time we Ndigbo show the world our own Lagos instead of salivating on another persin property.
Aba or Onitsha are two Igbo cities that we can develop like Lagos if we have visionary leaders.

So why the controversy?
Igbos should think home now for investment, there is no pride in bragging about developing another man's land and leaving your own to rot.
Thank you.
Eziokwu! What a interesting piece. This is the first time I will like your post on NL. cool Continue to speak truth to power. However, I believe the development of Lagos, started before the colonial period. Jisike.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by dammiecool(m): 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Amarabae:
When I see 1 I knw grin
Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Movic1(m): 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
They will soon come for your head! We didn't say Igbos don't contribute to lagos. But its very annoying and disgusting when some set of people choose to call Lagos a No Mans Land and claim to developed the entire Lagos. The truth is bitter lipsrsealed they will soon come in convoy and rain insult on you . Obiano F'up with that statement he made yesterday. sad

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Movic1(m): 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2017
asorocker:

When did they want to leave Lagos? U didn't even know your own history angry. They want to claim Lagos and they were stopped at Ore by our Gallant Troops.. grin grin

22 Likes

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by dammiecool(m): 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2017
asorocker:
Still wondering who stopped u or beg u not to leave shocked
Abeg go if u wan go go n let d reasonale Igbo stay

11 Likes

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by laudate: 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2017
asorocker:
When Fashola deported some of them, it was your people that cried against such moves.

30 Likes

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by dammiecool(m): 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2017
Movic1:

When did they want to leave Lagos? U didn't even know your own history angry. They want to claim Lagos and they were stopped at Ore by our Gallant Troops.. grin grin
During d June 12 era when dey left lagos did lagos colapse

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Amarabae(f): 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2017
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Movic1(m): 2:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
dammiecool:

During d June 12 era when dey left lagos did lagos colapse

I Wonder o. One mumu even created a thread that if they leave Lagos will fold up. I can't help but laugh at his level of stupidity cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
Amarabae, this is just a signal that the east is loosing it's strong hold in the commercial wing of Nigeria's economy.

This continuous claims of glory is similar to the Agama lizard that fell from a tree, when nobody was there to sympathize with him, he decided to do so himself.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Feraz(m): 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
Amarabae:
Its time we Ndigbo show the world our own Lagos instead of salivating on another person property.

So why the controversy?
That statement by obiano portray us as Land grabbers which in reality we are not.
I am not ashamed to say it that despite awolowo £20pounds saga, Lagos provided the platform by which some Igbos regained themselves economically after the war,

We can build our Igbo cities and towns to international standard and stop this unnecessary "Lagos and no man's land" jibe.
Thank you.
I read the news on what Obiano said and I was shocked. The idiot just started up what we hate OUK for, blabbing rubbish while stirring up controversy. Was it that he was drunk when he said that or he just wanted to tend? Haven't read any statement from him concerning Ekwueme who just passed on.

It made me wonder, upon all our achievements, why can't we replicate the same? Why can't we change the status of Onitsha and Aba, making it become an advanced market?

Even if you dominate somewhere, why not do it silently and let your works speak for you?

I'm sorry to say but dude goofed big time on this, even pitching sone ethnic groups against Igbos. It's a sad situation.

Most annoying is that some persons are beginning to open up topics on it and bragging about it.

Please, drum it in their ears let them learn...

20 Likes

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Stingman: 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2017
Amarabae:

So why the controversy?

Thank you.

Does this look like a rotten city....

Though I agree that they should invest more at home...People have been investing in this past 6 years...more than ever before...

1 Like

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by adeolakemi: 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
Movic1:
They will soon come for your head! We didn't say Igbos don't contribute to lagos. But its very annoying and disgusting when some set of people choose to call Lagos a No Mans Land and claim to developed the entire Lagos. The truth is bitter lipsrsealed they will soon come in convoy and rain insult on you . Obiano F'up with that statement he made yesterday. sad
when osun state govt said their igr is bigger than all south east states combined you didn't condem it infact we Yoruba's were mocking the Igbo's now an Igbo governor said igbos made Lagos what it is today and you want Igbo's to condemn it sorry we ll solidly stand with our own just as Yoruba won't condemn there's

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by adeolakemi: 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
Feraz:

I read the news on what Obiano said and I was shocked. The idiot just started up what we hate OUK for, blabbing rubbish while stirring up controversy. Was it that he was drunk when he said that or he just wanted to tend? Haven't read any statement from him concerning Ekwueme who just passed on.

It made me wonder, upon all our achievements, why can't we replicate the same? Why can't we change the status of Onitsha and Aba, making it become an advanced market?

Even if you dominate somewhere, why not do it silently and let your works speak for you?

I'm sorry to say but dude goofed big time on this, even pitching sone ethnic groups against Igbos. It's a sad situation.

Most annoying is that some persons are beginning to open up topics on it and bragging about it.

Please, drum it in their ears let them learn...
just as aregbesola goofed when he said better still lied that osun igr is bigger than south east igr .if what obiano said is an insult to Yoruba nation, then aregbeshola has insulted Igbo since abrahamic era

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Movic1(m): 4:10pm On Nov 21, 2017
adeolakemi:
when osun state govt said their igr is bigger than all south east states combined you didn't condem it infact we Yoruba's were mocking the Igbo's now an Igbo governor said igbos made Lagos what it is today and you want Igbo's to condemn it sorry we ll solidly stand with our own just as Yoruba won't condemn there's

I don't reply cowards Why are you not proud of your tribe and identity

22 Likes

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by deomelo: 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2017
This sad and destructive traits are not limited to just obiano because bragging, beating empty and shallow chest, loud, flawed, ignorant and undiplomatic claims are part of the igbo DNA structure.

The average igbo in his or her mind is better than the rest of Nigeria and the world in general even though this is not the case because the rest of Nigeria and the world can see the sad and horrible situation in the SE and the breath of their grossly incompetent, non productive and vision less leaders at the local and national level since and before independence.

This is a society that's very unproductive economically hence the need for their young and old generations after generations to leave that region for survival and daily bread in other parts of the country, but they still want the world to accept them as the richest, smartest, most developed and the most industrious region in Nigeria even though the economic realities in the region says it's the other way around since financial receipts, IGR and state budgets in the region are the lowest in Nigeria so claiming what doesn't exist or can be supported with credible facts and data equals delusion and self denial.

Lastly, when you have nothing significant to show from your own home or to be proud of, you needlessly claim or attache yourself to other people's land and property.

Question:: Where is the sense and wisdom in claiming what doesn't belong to you and boasting that you develop other proplr's land while yours rot and stagnate away? This is lunacy.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by horsepower101: 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2017
You cannot eat your cake and have it.

You cannot fight for one Nigeria but yet want igbos who invested heavily in Lagos not to claim it.

It's either we are one Nigeria or we are not.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
Movic1:

Once again, please respect Oba Akiolu

3 Likes

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Agentsmith002: 5:12pm On Nov 21, 2017
Movic1:
. afonja with whisker face

we own Lagos. in fact we have started buying off eko Atlantic, obijackson just bought the only completed skyscraper there.

ewu

continue wasting away ur life in ur father's face me i face you mushroom in ogbomosho while real men are taking over

anumanu

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
Agentsmith002:
. afonja with whisker face

we own Lagos. in fact we have started buying off eko Atlantic, obijackson just bought the only completed skyscraper there.

ewu

continue wasting away ur life in ur father's face me i face you mushroom in ogbomosho while real men are taking over

anumanu

Who built the skyscraper and why was it built?

5 Likes

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by Igboid: 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2017
asorocker:

Why are you supporting Obiano tactless lacking in wisdom ranting?
Does Obiano believe in your Biafra or Kanu?

Obiano speech displayed lack of tact and wisdom.

What exactly was he expecting to achieve with such?

Please Nwanne, don't support rubbish.

Thread is on point

8 Likes

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by meforyou1(m): 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2017
which controversy? lagos indegene said it. that lagos belongs to binis

3 Likes

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by CrtlAltDel: 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
All these noise about Lagos is just because Ipob are now irrelevant, insignificant in the scheme of things and most importantly they have been relegated to the background hence their noise on Lagos matter…check out how many thread they have opened on Lagos since the disappearance of the hunchback. It intensified after the succes of Anambra election…. More to come from the confused lot, they are angry, bitter and frustrated…… Igbos live, eat and shiite in illusions. My advice… ignore the "Developers" grin grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by funlord(m): 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2017
Amarabae:

Some of those your highly ignorant made in aba jewish miscreants you refer to as your fellow ndi igbos would soon come and label you an "afonjaic ewedu muslim" for telling them this simple truth very soon!

Ndo in advance...... grin

9 Likes

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by funlord(m): 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2017
[s]
adeolakemi:
[/s]

Just take a look at this ignoramus? You have just unknowingly exposed yourself as a bushy bearded Igbo man with a _penis but you have to hide under a yoruba woman's name to promote your lunacy! Chimbiko what is your problem? Tufiakwa...... grin

16 Likes

Re: Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. by victorDanladi: 6:49pm On Nov 21, 2017
I'm back after months of ban for telling IPOB terrorists and Aba made the truth just like the OP is doing!

grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Full List Of People With Abba Kyari Last Saturday (photos) / Governor Nyesom Wike Rejects PDP Vice Presidential Candidacy, Nominates Donald D / El-rufais Son Tells Ungrateful Igbos To Leave Lagos. David Hundeyin Fumes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.