Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,319 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? (23970 Views)

The Admission Of One Spouse To Paradise Does Not Necessarily Mean.... / Finding The Perfect Spouse / Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by missyQween(f): 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Assalam Alaiequm my dear Akhi and ukhti in Islam.
We all grew up listening to our Abba and Ummi calling each other names like,Baba Abdulbassith,Baba ramoni,Daddy rukayat.Lol,
So, Brothers and sisters In Islam which name will you like your spouse to call you ? And which name will you like to be called

As for me,I will like to be called"QuratulAyn " It means coolness of the eyes or Habibti,Meaning My Beloved Or Sunshine

Above all,May Allah in his infinite mercy grant us spouses that will be the coolness of our eyes and Love us for the sake of Allah... Aameen
Salam!!!

Cc...Akkord4Gov
Iamgenius
Abdelrahman

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by missyQween(f): 9:47pm On Nov 21, 2017
AbdelKabir command tell me the name you will like ogrin Loshybab NewNas
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by missyQween(f): 9:49pm On Nov 21, 2017
Empires must answer o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by iamgenius(m): 7:06am On Nov 22, 2017
I like Abu Abdullah, SHAYKH, and Al Abqariyy. I think yours should be Quratul Aynii (the coolness of my eyes) and Habeebatii.
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by missyQween(f): 9:53am On Nov 22, 2017
Abu Abdullah grin Jazakalahu khair. It's a mistake on my part
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Akkord4gov: 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2017
let me choose Habibti too

1 Like

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 23, 2017
missyQween:
Assalam Alaiequm my dear Akhi and ukhti in Islam.
We all grew up listening to our Abba and Ummi calling each other names like,Baba Abdulbassith,Baba ramoni,Daddy rukayat.Lol,
So, Brothers and sisters In Islam which name will you like your spouse to call you ? And which name will you like to be called

As for me,I will like to be called"QuratulAyn " It means coolness of the eyes or Habibti,Meaning My Beloved Or Sunshine

Above all,May Allah in his infinite mercy grant us spouses that will be the coolness of our eyes and Love us for the sake of Allah... Aameen
Salam!!!

Cc...Akkord4Gov
Iamgenius
Abdelrahman
I would prefer abdulrahman

1 Like

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Raintaker(m): 11:37pm On Nov 23, 2017
OK
I don't know why, but I feel somehow when I see Muslim couple refer to each other as Abu and Umu.

For God's sake that we are Muslims does not mean we should overly adop Arab traditions and neglect ours(You may be offended by this post) but Abu and Umu are for Arabs while Baba and Iya are for Yorubas.

OK, there is a reason for my rantings, a devout Ahlu Sunnah Imam once said once you are a Muslim all your cultural heritage should be discarded.
He said what the hell is Oriki?(lineage appraisal), he claimed it is for non Muslims.

Back to the question, I'll prefer to be called my name.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by missyQween(f): 8:38pm On Nov 25, 2017
Raintaker:
OK
I don't know why, but I feel somehow when I see Muslim couple refer to each other as Abu and Umu.

For God's sake that we are Muslims does not mean we should overly adop Arab traditions and neglect ours(You may be offended by this post) but Abu and Umu are for Arabs while Baba and Iya are for Yorubas.

OK, there is a reason for my rantings, a devout Ahlu Sunnah Imam once said once you are a Muslim all your cultural heritage should be discarded.
He said what the hell is Oriki?(lineage appraisal), he claimed it is for non Muslims.

Okay,I understand your point but everyone taste is different. You like to be called your name but I don't, I don't understand how calling mother in Arabic affect culture sha
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by iamgenius(m): 10:38pm On Nov 25, 2017
Raintaker:
OK

Bro, 90% of Yoruba culture are pure Shirk. We all know that, except if you choose to be a Good Yoruba rather than a Good Muslim. To the issue of name, whatever you like people call you is okay, so far it's not against the Sunnah.

3 Likes

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Raintaker(m): 8:08am On Nov 26, 2017
iamgenius:
Bro, 90% of Yoruba culture are pure Shirk. We all know that, except if you choose to be a Good Yoruba rather than a Good Muslim. To the issue of name, whatever you like people call you is okay, so far it's not against the Sunnah.
90% of Yoruba culture shirk?That's too far-fetched bro.
Having said that, I also have no issue with names, but I see those who refer to each other as Abu and Umu in the same light as those idiots of the other religion that call each other Daddy and Mummy.

My own Point of view though.

9 Likes

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2017
i would prefer abdulrahman or honey,sweety,darling grin

3 Likes

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Empiree: 10:28pm On Nov 26, 2017
abdelrahman:
I have been expecting someone to say this. You brave enough to make it

1 Like

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 26, 2017
angry
Empiree:
I have been expecting someone to say this. You brave enough to make it
grin grin
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Raintaker(m): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2017
abdelrahman:
Lol or meatpie abi doughnut?
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by olasaad(f): 7:04am On Dec 01, 2017
iamgenius:

O ga ooo why can't you pack your loads and relocate to Saudi where 100% of their culture is sunnah....

11 Likes

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by iamgenius(m): 8:16am On Dec 01, 2017
olasaad:

O ga ooo why can't you pack your loads and relocate to Saudi where 100% of their culture is sunnah....
Sister, Ignorance is following you abi you're the one following it. Saudi culture is 100% Sunnah?

2 Likes

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by olasaad(f): 8:18am On Dec 01, 2017
iamgenius:
Sister, Ignorance is following you abi you're the one following it. Saudi culture is 100% Sunnah?

Ok relocate asap
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 01, 2017
olasaad:

Did he lie? That almost everything is shirk(and hypocrisy)..... Note I'm Yoruba, living in(and from) kwara state.....

Even those that claim to be Muslims don't see anything in most of the shirkiyaat we see daily....may Allaah help the Yoruba people from shirk...Ameen.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 01, 2017
I'm fine with Aboo Uthaymeen, Aboo sufyaan, kaybee.....and some other private names....

1 Like

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by olasaad(f): 8:56am On Dec 01, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Did he lie? That almost everything is shirk(and hypocrisy)..... Note I'm Yoruba, living in(and from) kwara state.....

Even those that claim to be Muslims don't see anything in most of the shirkiyaat we see daily....may Allaah help the Yoruba people from shirk...Ameen.

Well I know what shirk is but referring to all our day to day activities as a shrik is what I don't agree on.e.g the way we clean out mouth, eating with spoon, greetings etc.
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 01, 2017
olasaad:

Well I know what shirk is but referring to all our day to day activities as a shrik is what I don't agree on.e.g the way we clean out mouth, eating with spoon, greetings etc.

90% he said.........
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by iamgenius(m): 9:09am On Dec 01, 2017
olasaad:

You need to attend good islamic lectures. I didn't say all your daily activities are shirk. I'm a Yoruba too.
Note: eating with spoon, cleaning your mouth is not what I'm talking about. Yoruba greetings(prostrating and kneeling) is not good at all.
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by olasaad(f): 9:23am On Dec 01, 2017
iamgenius:

You need to attend good islamic lectures. I didn't say all your daily activities are shirk. I'm a Yoruba too.
Note: eating with spoon, cleaning your mouth is not what I'm talking about. Yoruba greetings(prostrating and kneeling) is not good at all.

You don't need to tell me that, I know one if I heard it.

1 Like

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Blissbeatz(m): 9:47am On Dec 01, 2017
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Juniorbuba(m): 9:48am On Dec 01, 2017
I would like any sweet name she feels like calling me
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 01, 2017
Islamic bullshît. lol

5 Likes

Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Richardabbey(m): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2017
cool My Beloved Maga
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by Thinkfree(m): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2017
My tomtom
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:51am On Dec 01, 2017
Let her show up first.
Re: Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? by sod09(m): 9:51am On Dec 01, 2017
I prefer my name or she can find me one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba / Since The Death Of Muhammad, Allah Is No More Speaking / Eid-el-kabir: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares September 1st Sallah Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.