Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? (4032 Views)

'Career' Wife Or Full-time House Wife / Pains Of A Full Time House Wife. / House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by fadenike(f): 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2007
Child rearing should be given full attention, right? Thus some believes it is only wife responsibility. Some men restrict their wives from working no matter the qualifications or vision she may have prior marriage in other to take adequate care of the children. Is it the best way in marriage? Can you sell your certificate to your husband?
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by Free(f): 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2007
Sure why not, I woudn't mind doing that. It would have to be because I choose to not cause my husband insist on me being a housewife.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by bennie019(f): 12:41am On Feb 27, 2007
um am not sure of that. Men of these days are not so reliable, so I have to make a living but as for my kids (when they arrive) nothing is going to. Come before them.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by Seun(m): 9:42am On Feb 27, 2007
1) Before you sell yourself into slavery marriage, make sure your man is not the domineering type.
2) I believe that children need the attention of both the father and the mother, in equal measure.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by TemiJay(f): 12:38pm On Feb 27, 2007
A full time house wife i think is a sign up for life degeneration (physically, emotionally and intellectually).
1. To start with being a full time house wife doesnt guarantee that a child would be perfect.
2. It leaves a lot of room for idleness which results in a woman being a gossip, a nosey-parker, quarreller etc
3. There is nothing challenging except chores and even more house chores BUT TO WHAT END.
I think a woman should get busy no matter how small. Not necessarily corporate work. It could be home grown business. But pls BEING A FULL TIME HOUSE WIFE IS DAMAGING TO ANY WOMAN'S LIFE. GET BUSY.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by fadenike(f): 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2007
Free:

Sure why not, I woudn't mind doing that. It would have to be because I choose to not cause my husband insist on me being a housewife.
what about if u dont but he insist?
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by TemiJay(f): 1:06pm On Feb 27, 2007
@fadenike

Well in that case then there is need for wisdom to be applied because a husband is the head and in authority. All men are not the same. (So what applies for wife A will not apply for wife B). Some you can discuss the issue about how being a Full House Wife will make you unhappy. But in doing this do not attack him but make him see reason. It is a gradual process but with prayers it works.

However unmarried ladies should watch out for these signs in their boyfriends before marriage.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by bunmii(f): 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2007
undecided i don't tink so i will be bored out of my mind doin nothin.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by Busta(f): 11:45pm On Mar 02, 2007
as long as the hubby is very rich . . yes i can.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by OmoEko1(f): 12:13am On Mar 03, 2007
I can't be a full time house wife nor do i see myself doing that, i need to be working not staying home waiting for one husband to come. what is the use of having a degree hanging up the wall if i happen to be a full time house wife. I need to depend on myself that why am gonna have a job paying job and i don't care if my husband is rich either.i will have my money and he will have his own too. PERFECTO cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by Ezinwannem: 8:41pm On Mar 03, 2007
O bu so House Wife. All this not sleeping at night to finish up and assignment or study for an exam, den at the end, become a house wife, nevaaaaaaaaa, even if he is a zillionaire, i shall be working oooo
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by Shentz(f): 1:23am On Mar 04, 2007
This job would be sooo damn boring
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 2:57am On Mar 04, 2007
A woman must have a means of earning a living even if part time.
Besides the fact that she needs some adult conversation and interaction with others other than her husband,life is unpredictable,there is divorce,ill health or even death.

Full time housewife will not look good on a resume/CV.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by sisimose(f): 4:53pm On Mar 04, 2007
my husband is loving and we have talked about what we will do when we have kids, and we decided i stay home, he earns more than enough, if he didnt earn as much we won't do it.I mean i would go back to work soon after birth. But thank God we can afford to so i look forward to being a mummy , a stay at home one. Kudos to women who go to work with babies, but we have to be realistic, finance plays a big role, so before the man starts being totally adamant you stay home, you got to make sure you don't end up counting the pennies.  Yes i intend to be a full time house wife as soon as the babies come smiley. full time house wife and mother is a fantastic role, so is the mother who goes out to work and is able to have a balanced home
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 06, 2007
sisimose:

my husband is loving and we have talked about what we will do when we have kids, and we decided i stay home, he earns more than enough, if he didnt earn as much we won't do it.I mean i would go back to work soon after birth. But thank God we can afford to so i look forward to being a mummy , a stay at home one. Kudos to women who go to work with babies, but we have to be realistic, finance plays a big role, so before the man starts being totally adamant you stay home, you got to make sure you don't end up counting the pennies.  Yes i intend to be a full time house wife as soon as the babies come smiley. full time house wife and mother is a fantastic role, so is the mother who goes out to work and is able to have a balanced home

good for you,it would not work for me.
I don't want to receive pocket money from my man.
I love him but I love to make my own money too
love the independence it gives.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by nikynike(f): 12:15pm On Mar 06, 2007
If thats what he decides who am l to refuse him. If he is capable of taking care of the family
both ours,his and my family ok acceptable.No noise making about it.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by sisimose(f): 11:52pm On Mar 08, 2007
babyosisi
yeah it won't work for all . Glad you stated that. smiley. Me i can't wait lol
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by Seun(m): 8:40am On Mar 10, 2007
If thats what he decides who am l to refuse him.
Who are you? You are an intelligent human being with your own personal plan. (Oops, that's just an assumption.)
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by hotonuo(f): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2007
never,its more like being a liability
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by iice(f): 12:02am On Mar 11, 2007
Yes i can grin tongue haha only for a short period of time
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 11, 2007
I think I'm too hyper to stay at home.
I might break things lol
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by iice(f): 12:08am On Mar 11, 2007
Hence to save you from further expenses, you should not be a full time house wife. grin
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 11, 2007
even if oga paid me,I will not be home full time.
There's only so much cooking and cleaning one can do lol
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by iice(f): 12:16am On Mar 11, 2007
Cleaning and cooking ke? LOL i feel you sha
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by bluehorizo(m): 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2008
nikynike:

If thats what he decides who am l to refuse him. If he is capable of taking care of the family
both ours,his and my family ok acceptable.No noise making about it.

Good talk
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 26, 2008
no i cant be a full house wife,its going to be boring doing nothing from day to day,if he doesnt want me to work no problem but i wouldnt mind going inot any kinda business,atleast to keep me busy,an idle mind is d devils workshop
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by goodness4: 9:12pm On Apr 26, 2008
No, i can't be a full time house wife because is bourring really, also as u said its all, an idoll mind is an evill workshop beside, there are lots disadvantages to its. What of if my husband hands are week in due cost as we all kn in these life, no condition is permanent. We can never predict tomorrow, some thing might happened along the line, should incase anything happened we'll all surffer at the same time: this are my reasons never to be a permanent house wife, not good 4 my health at all.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by goodness4: 9:18pm On Apr 26, 2008
Not at all will i sell my hard time learnining certifficate to my dear loving husband. I can always crate chance and ways of taking care of my child, not untill i stop working.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by tRoOE(f): 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2008
That's what he wants, but like i said No No No
After wasting thousands of dollars for sch, i will now sit at home doing nothing while my certificate hang on the wall.

I will be a stay home wife but still have my own businesses to take care of, I can't imagine my sef doing nothing just cleaning and cooking shocked shocked
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by Cadet(f): 3:48am On Apr 27, 2008
Hell to da no. Home wife, home business bla bla. no!! I love learnin and usin what I learned. Am goin to school to get a job. . .to help take care of my family. i cant sit home to do any business. My skin is even crawlin frm thnkn about it.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by Lady2(f): 8:20pm On Apr 29, 2008
Sure, I don't mind. If he insists, then so be it. I can find something else to do. I can volunteer, i can plan birthday parties for my kids and their friends. I can organise a housewife organisation, we can do things for the society.

People think being a housewife means you being at home 24/7 or being a doormat. It doesn't. It just means that you take care of the home.

Go and read of the Virtuous woman in Proverbs 31. She was a housewife and not an accountant or lawyer or whatever.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? by Nwaka77: 4:26am On Apr 30, 2008
, And if he looses his job then what? All of us go move under bridge go stay or move into an already crowded shelter. I refuse! I don't mind working part-time because I hate to depend too much on anybody. Human beings can disappoint you anytime. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Newly Delivered Working Mothers Should Get Six Month Leave In Nigeria / How Do I Handle This Without Overdoing It / Describe Your Spouse/boyfriend Or Girlfriend In Just One Word Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.