Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,826 members, 7,806,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? (20426 Views)

UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be / How To Resume UC Browser 'link Expired' Downloads / Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Goahead(m): 11:04am On Nov 22, 2017
For me I prefer Uc browser to the best of Google... Data saving, powerful ads blocking and ultra fast download speed are what I won't trade for Chrome.

17 Likes

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by tosyne2much(m): 11:06am On Nov 22, 2017
I think Chrome is better because it views and opens pages better than UC. However, Chrome is better because it gives users full PC experience

UC is also good but not as Chrome. UC is undoubtedly the king of "download" cheesy

135 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by naijatechgist: 11:13am On Nov 22, 2017
Yes oh... Chome is 100% better than UC browser. That's what am using right now ....

19 Likes

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Mediapace: 11:15am On Nov 22, 2017
Chrome is a stupid browser

1)Doesn't open new tabs in a stress-free way

2)Front page is boring

3)Downloading is lit with uc browser

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by MarkWayne89: 11:27am On Nov 22, 2017
I would also suggest using Mozilla Firefox for mobile. Their browser got a new design and is their fastest one to date.

8 Likes

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Goahead(m): 11:34am On Nov 22, 2017
tosyne2much:
I think Chrome is better because it views pages better than UC

UC is also good but not as Chrome. UC is undoubtedly the king of "download" cheesy
Other than its probably best website renditions, what else is dope about chrome? Ads blocking?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Reeberry: 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2017
Goahead:
For me I prefer Uc browser to the best of Google... Data saving, powerful ads blocking and ultra fast download speed are what I won't trade for Chrome.

How did you set the Chrome that the navigations are bottom?

3 Likes

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by GrandMufti: 12:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
Uc doesn't seem to block ads properly like it use to

5 Likes

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by bravesoul247(m): 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2017
I prefer Uc browser

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 22, 2017
How can one scroll up (like scroll up tap) that pushs u up to the top at a twinkle of an eye
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Goahead(m): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
Reeberry:
How did you set the Chrome that the navigations are bottom?
On your chrome browser, type "chrome://flags" and follow the picture guidelines.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
Goahead:
Other than its probably best website renditions, what else is dope about chrome? Ads blocking?

That website rendering is the important thing to me. I don't use my phone to download much anyway and the only reason I have uc on my phone is for downloading. General browsing on uc really sucks, web page rendering is rubbish. And right now my favorite browser is Samsung browser. Same excellent webpage rendering as chrome, good user interface, direct YouTube download from webpage and ad blocking. 10/10.

7 Likes

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Reeberry: 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2017
Goahead:
On your chrome browser, type "chrome://flags" and follow the picture guidelines.
Thanks!
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Flashh: 2:29pm On Nov 22, 2017
Chrome is the best browser. Just off "data saver", to enjoy it more. Not as good as UC browser for downloading.

Samsung internet browser is too heavy for my liking. How would one download an app of 40mb; then, the second day, you would see about 186mb. That's a hell space consumer.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Goahead(m): 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
Reeberry:
Thanks!
Restart your chrome after the tweak for it work.
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
greenhulk:

That website rendering is the important thing to me. I don't use my phone to download much anyway and the only reason I have uc on my phone is for downloading. General browsing on uc really sucks, web page rendering is rubbish. And right now my favorite browser is Samsung browser. Same excellent webpage rendering as chrome, good user interface, direct YouTube download from webpage and ad blocking. 10/10.
Samsung browser is heavy joor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2017
Flashh:
Chrome is the best browser. Just off "data saver", to enjoy it more. Not as good as UC browser for downloading.

Samsung internet browser is too heavy for my liking. How would one download an app of 40mb; then, the second day, you would see about 186mb. That's a hell space consumer.
To enjoy chrome more

You'll need ADM Pro

Integrate it with the chrome browser

Just like Idm to Mozilla on pc

You can download with ease

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
Flashh:

Chrome, Samsung browser, Mozilla, etc are all heavy. These are standard internet browsers that render pages the way they should, some web pages cannot even open on UC because it is not a standard browser. And on my phone chrome eats up more space than Samsung internet... But who cares, or are u using a phone with 4gb internal storage?

3 Likes

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Flashh: 5:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
greenhulk:

Chrome, Samsung browser, Mozilla, etc are all heavy. These are standard internet browsers that render pages the way they should, some web pages cannot even open on UC because it is not a standard browser. And on my phone chrome eats up more space than Samsung internet... But who cares, or are u using a phone with 4gb internal storage?
186mb isn't enough size to give me a lack of space, even if I have 500 apps on my phone.

Though, I like the interface; but the problem I have with App(Samsung browser), is that it accumulates in size too much. I have downloaded it and uninstalled it several times, but just wondering what's actually going wrong with the app, that the size increases more than necessary.

Just under 24hours, it has counted more than 4 of its size. In which, Chrome isn't like such(size), despite I have been using it for long.

How I wish, I haven't uninstalled it on my phone, I would have given you a screenshot between it and Chrome. Chrome still conserves space than it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 22, 2017
Flashh:
186mb isn't enough size to give me a lack of space, even if I have 500 apps on my phone.

Though, I like the interface; but the problem I have with App(Samsung browser), is that it accumulates in size too much. I have downloaded it and installed it several times, but just wondering what's actually going wrong with the app, that the size increases more than necessary.

Just under 24hours, it has counted more than 4 of its size. In which, Chrome isn't like such(size), despite I have been using it for long.

How I wish, I haven't uninstalled it on my phone, I would have given you a screenshot between it and Chrome. Chrome still conserves space than it.

Well from the picture I posted Chrome still takes much space than Samsung Internet browser and I hardly even use Chrome, its just there I can't remember the last time I used it. Mozilla also does the same. Maybe because I am using a Samsung phone and maybe it is optimized as is the default browser out of the box, can't be uninstalled.

1 Like

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by encryptjay(m): 6:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
But this is akin to blasphemy grin It's only downloads that UC trumps Chrome.

1 Like

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by celestialAgent(m): 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2017
On Andriod, chrome is d best!

For windows pc, chrome is d best!

For Linux, chromium is d best!

2 Likes

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by d33types: 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
Goahead:

Only a funny person will compare ucbrowser with Chrome

Chrome is in competition with mozilla on android
Ucb is in competition with opera mini (not mobile). it's only good for direct link downloading

Adding a download manager like ADM , and your chrome will be as powerful as a computer browser. UC is child's play.

5 Likes

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by femi4: 6:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
No......uc all the way

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by iliyande(m): 6:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
Try CM browser wink
Best of all...
UC browser uses fake speed download to lure people to believe it is so fast.

5 Likes

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
chrome does does not display previous or next button but It opens pages faster

1 Like

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by jadajada: 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
Ucweb still remains my favorite browser till date

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Thekillingjoke: 6:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
if u have unlimited data, chrome is the shiiiit

1 Like

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Abudu2000(m): 6:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
Chrome eats too much data and battery. And for those broke students,better stick to uc browser

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by RealAdewole(m): 6:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
yes
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Feranchek(m): 6:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
Use UC browser on your laptop and your browsing experience will NEVER be the same again! It's an awesome browser on PC and it's download speed is BOLT! I've used chromes too on PC but na rubbish biko.

On phone, UC browser still kill am. The only reason I like chromes on phone is just because of how you easily slide from one page to another, apart from that, UC chop am

5 Likes

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Sahaboi(m): 6:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
chrome better by far...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nokia 2520 Tablet PC / Etisalat Change Of Name Won’t Affect Operations In Nigeria / Does The Length Of Charging Cable Affect Charging Speed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.