Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,809 members, 7,802,588 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? (20422 Views)

UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be / How To Resume UC Browser 'link Expired' Downloads / Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by omoadeleye(m): 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2017
tosyne2much:
I think Chrome is better because it views and opens pages better than UC

UC is also good but not as Chrome. UC is undoubtedly the king of "download" cheesy

No way bro, UC is not the king of download at all
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by joenor(m): 6:23pm On Nov 22, 2017
Abi ooo, I love uc Browser for download..... my God! it's like IDM was built into it.... chai I won't even trade it for my pepsi
Goahead:
For me I prefer Uc browser to the best of Google... Data saving, powerful ads blocking and ultra fast download speed are what I won't trade for Chrome.

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by ha4lab: 6:30pm On Nov 22, 2017
Goahead:
For me I prefer Uc browser to the best of Google... Data saving, powerful ads blocking and ultra fast download speed are what I won't trade for Chrome.

chrome is better..ucweb is a modified chrome..check the code you will see it..majority of Google's software are open source..even on windows.. to confirm my claim..try to download extension on for ucweb on your windows pc..it will refer you to chrome store

2 Likes

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by kprez(m): 6:30pm On Nov 22, 2017
chrome iz better bt i prefer uc
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by free2ryhme: 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2017
Goahead:

no Nigerian ever created a browser but Nigerians can argue blindly for those created by their white counterpart

1 Like

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Adiwana: 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
Been using uc browser wey back on java phone starting with versions 4 or 5 point something and i can tell you no browser beats it.They started the pausing download option and their UI is the best.its a user friendly browser and the download speed is 2nd to non.it even last lite mode and with low data you can easily turn off viewing websites with images and so much more.Theres no comparisons at all
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
There's nothing to argue about.
Uc browser is the best currently
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Tbillz(m): 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
Walahi talahi its better
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by sulakishop(m): 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2017
UC is the best both on phone and PC
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
Yes. You get silly ads and unwanted news on UC browser.
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by adanny01(m): 6:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
Reeberry:
How did you set the Chrome that the navigations are bottom?

Immediately i saw that i went to settings but couldnt find it.
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Adaumunocha(f): 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2017
I prefer uc Browser for downloadsp
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Reeberry: 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2017
adanny01:

Immediately i saw that i went to settings but couldnt find it.
Follow that screenshot instructions.
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by olayinkajnr(m): 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
greenhulk:

That website rendering is the important thing to me. I don't use my phone to download much anyway and the only reason I have uc on my phone is for downloading. General browsing on uc really sucks, web page rendering is rubbish. And right now my favorite browser is Samsung browser. Same excellent webpage rendering as chrome, good user interface, direct YouTube download from webpage and ad blocking. 10/10.

Exactly. I prefer Samsung browser too
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
Samsung browser is the best wink

You don't have to deal with those irritating pop up ads

2 Likes

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by KehnnyCares(m): 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2017
Goahead:
On your chrome browser, type "chrome://flags" and follow the picture guidelines.
Baba you be bomb. Can I have your line to learn one or two tweak please?
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2017
Goahead:

chrome tears uc browser like say morrow no dy
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
Chrome dope jooor.. Though it gulps data

If you are a student I'll advice you use ucweb or operamini

If you really want to enjoy Chrome you'll need adm.
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 22, 2017
BOLT BROWSER IS DA BEST

By d way I use java phone undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Richyspice(m): 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
Uc browser is the best for me
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by caspervenice(m): 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
When I'm still using opera mini....
Issokay
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by mytym1: 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
For phone UC is better than chrome but on computer chrome is better than UC
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Philtrik(m): 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
For PC, UC Browser is blazing. For mobile Chrome is better. UC Browser spoilt their mobile version. I can't use again. Now I use opera and Chrome on mobile and UC browser on PC.
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by movid(m): 6:59pm On Nov 22, 2017
tosyne2much:

UC is also good but not as Chrome. UC is undoubtedly the king of "download" cheesy
Opera mini nko?
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by ddjay: 7:00pm On Nov 22, 2017
I prefer chrome,uc is a downloaded app but wonder why it doesn't hibernate, I mean it always wakes up if u "force stop" it

1 Like

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by jimcaddy(m): 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
Well Chrome is good, but the interface is not user friendly. I prefer UC because you can do so much with UC. Ads blocking, you can view pictures and watch videos with UC. Chrome doesn't offer that. Chrome is better in terms of website rendition. It opens very complex websites. UC is limited in that regard. I love Chrome on PC, but I prefer UC on phone.

3 Likes

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Buchi07(m): 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
Chrome is better, but i prefer uc browser
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by trustibk(m): 7:17pm On Nov 22, 2017
Alajo somolu e
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by tosyne2much(m): 7:17pm On Nov 22, 2017
omoadeleye:

No way bro, UC is not the king of download at all
So which other browser you think is better than UC when it comes to downloading ?
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
Goahead:
Other than its probably best website renditions, what else is dope about chrome? Ads blocking?
do you expect Google to block their own ads?
Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by francizy(m): 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2017
tosyne2much:

The only features where Chrome stands out are the rendering and number of tabs that can be opened at a go (the number of tabs seems like its infinite although I've not tried to get to the max before). For the rendering feature, do note that it isn't noticeable on up to 40% of the websites available. Mostly easily noticeable on websites like Facebook, twitter, etc

But when we compare the features of UC that dwarfs Chrome, they're enormous:

*UC data saving feature dwarfs that of Chrome
*UC download feature is 100% while Chrome's isn't even up to 10%
*UC browses faster. Can load pages even with the worst data reception unlike Chrome.
*UC offers more control through settings and all
*UC has the best video player on android. As a matter of fact, UC's video player dusts VLC video player
*UC has inbult "screen shot", " "qr scanner" "save page as" features and let's you access your clipboard.
*It has night mode view
* Gives you screen view management and flexibility; has find in page feature
*It's is easily accessible due to its location at the bottom of the page. This makes moving from one website to another pretty easy. It also has swipe to switch webpages.

I can do without Chrome but can't do without UC. By the way, whatever I can achieve with Chrome, I can also achieve with Mozilla.

2 Likes

Re: Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
Goahead:

is there a way i can turn off the headline news on homepage? I really don't need it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does The Length Of Charging Cable Affect Charging Speed / Nokia 2520 Tablet PC / NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.