Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,043 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Tedx In UYO - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Tedx In UYO (490 Views)

The First Ever Tedx Event In Minna (tedxminna) / Christmas Village Opens In Uyo, 21 Storey Building Light Adds To Allure. Pics / Omoaefe Ejere And Aniekeme Inyang's Traditional‎ Marriage In Uyo. Money Rains! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tedx In UYO by zainabope: 11:15am On Nov 22, 2017
…If you want something said ask a man but if you want something done ask a woman.
Hello! Story ,story, do you know that finally a TEDx event happened today at Ibom E-Library on 4th November 2017. If you are not familar with TEDx ,maybe you’ve heard the author Chimamanda Adichie’s ‘We should all be feminists’ speech which was a TEDx Euston event. My relationship with Tedx events has always been online – yayy thank God there’s YouTube and most importantly internet connection, so when I saw on a Whatsapp status(Mark Zuckerberg thanchu) that the event was at Uyo, I had to ‘grab my copy now’. Special thanks to :

Mmanti Umoh

The primary licensee for making this event possible;

Ineme Dandison

The curator and who I viewed the whatsapp status from. The wonderful speakers were:

Claire Somiari Jaja
A Farmer,Life Coach and Joint- business owner . She spoke about women speaking and owning up to their truth. It’s not a crime to admit that we need help as women.

‘Not all men are monsters’
Josephine Nzerem
A Social Entrepreneur, Director of Anglophone West Africa and Ashoka Fellow in 2002.

‘Don’t steal someone’s idea in the name of partnership. BE ORIGINAL!!’
Jane Michael Ekanem
Celebrity Stylist,Designer and fashion entrepreneur. She was the Assistant Head Fashion Stylist at GTBank Fashion Week 2016 and current stylist for the TV show Seriously Speaking.

Do not access women from what is on their neck downwards instead access them from their head upwards
Chidiogo Akunyili-

She is the Founder of She ROARS.She speaks 7 languages including Chinese, English, French, German, Igbo, Italian and Spanish.She’s the daughter of late Prof. Dora Akunyili.

The story we tell ourselves and stories other people tell us about ourselves matter.
Eunice Thomas-

She is an active politician in Akwa Ibom state, a one time Commissioner of women affairs and presently commissioner for education.

NETWORK, NETWORK and NETWORK….have allies
Joy Isa

She is an author, blog writer, proud teacher,e.tc. Her session was lively and interactive and I wished that it would not end.

We are standing on the shoulders of women who have gone before us
Omowunmi Ogunrotimi She reminds me of the saying small and mighty.Let her small stature not deceive you, she is the founder of The Gender Mobile (GM) initiative; an accessible platform designed to provide health services and a support system for girls and women of social injustice.
Stop playing the female card. Know that you are capable and have what it takes to be taken seriously.

The event also had panel session, a stage play and of course Item 6( Refreshments and snacks).
Link below�
https://pinchofchel./2017/11/04/my-experience-at-the-tedx-discoveryparkwomen-2017/

(1) (Reply)

Africa Trade & Investment Global Summit (ATIGS) 2018: Conference & Exhibition / Relive The Best Moments Of Rhythm Unplugged 2017 / Photos: Gov. Rochas Okorocha Commissions Reachfm And Tv Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.