Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,271 members, 7,780,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:30 PM

Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian (18823 Views)

Nigerian Boy Shows Off The Robot He Built By Himself (pics/vid) / Meet The Xenobot: World's First Living, Self-healing Robots / Electronic Bed With A TV, Charges Phones & Laptops Made By Nigerian Carpenter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by SouthEastFacts: 9:16am On Nov 23, 2017
Edgarated:

I'm igbo but this is true...Thanks to the Hubs in Lagos
Then you are not properly informed.

The biggest Yoruba owned software in Nigeria is SystemSpec. Guess who the developer is. Dr. Emma Eze.

CC: IhatePork

3 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Edgarated(m): 9:19am On Nov 23, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

The biggest Yoruba owned software in Nigeria is SystemSpec. Guess who the developer is. Dr. Emma Eze.

Okay sir, We need hubs in the east too, We have so many potentials here, but most are moving to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 23, 2017
Why is it that it is only when Nigerians are exposed to the UK, US Europe or any other western, Middle-East or Asian region that they excel beyond even the natives of that region..

It is only then you here Nigerian-born.. our leaders have a lot to answer for besides lavishing our resources on their temperamental spoil-rotten kids.. imagine Kiki Osinbajo just last week... konji they worry her head ooh

1 Like

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Jackson042: 9:21am On Nov 23, 2017
Ihatepork:

Story story, stooory....once upon a time, time time grin grin cheesy

Internet was made available for all... but only few knows how to make use of it.

Try & research bro.. because coming here to show your ignorance...

#justsaying

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by jidxin(m): 9:22am On Nov 23, 2017
wahzupguy:
Now he's Nigerian-British
vizkiz?
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Ihatepork: 9:23am On Nov 23, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

Lol..bullocks. If you go to Yaba, 8 out of 10 developers there are Yorubas. Infact, the biggest hubs in the country are run by Yorubas .Paystack hit 1billion in monthly transactions this year, you're talking dust about systemspecs . Systemspecs is not even owned by a Yoruba man. Mr man, it's generally acknowledged within tech circles that Yorubas run the Tech sector. Don't disturb me

3 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Jackson042: 9:23am On Nov 23, 2017
Ihatepork:

I don't care about your sermon bro. I already made my point. DEAL WITH IT cool

Lol... i ain't preaching...

You've made your point...

And I've made mine...

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Ihatepork: 9:25am On Nov 23, 2017
Jackson042:

Internet was made available for all... but only few knows how to make use of it.

Try & research bro.. because coming here to show your ignorance...

#justsaying

So how on earth is that image you posted related to my post. I see you came with your second moniker. lmao, you forgot to switch grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 23, 2017
Ihatepork:

Abeg show us link, not word of mouth. Tenkyu

mumu let me do you one better and send you a video link

olodo- from 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7uHQMB6WE0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Ihatepork: 9:36am On Nov 23, 2017
Lakeside79:

mumu let me do you one better and send you a video link

olodo- from 2014

Lol oya you don win grin still doesn't make it rubbish tho. For apple to buy them means the mekamon guys have really improved on it

2 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Jackson042: 9:38am On Nov 23, 2017
Ihatepork:

So how on earth is that image you posted related to my post. I see you came with your second moniker. lmao, you forgot to switch grin cheesy

Lol.. it seems you have short term memory... something you just talked about some few minutes ago...

weren't you the one the quoted @SouthEastFacts? When he told you that an Igbo man is the brain behind the app valued at 1b?

Here's a screenshot to jog your memory...

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Ihatepork: 9:38am On Nov 23, 2017
Southeastfacts,

we're still waiting for the link to this oh grin cheesy

Afrinolly was adjudged the BEST APP to ever come out of SUB-SAHARA AFRICA.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Donsammi(m): 9:40am On Nov 23, 2017
Ihatepork:
Wow. this is nice. It can only be a Yoruba man. Even in Nigeria sef, anytime you see tech, especially software, just know a Yoruba man is involved. Yorubas have the Tech sector firmly in their hands. By the way, these robots this guy built are the first of their kind. Meanwhile, somewhere in erosion-potopoto republic, they're busy putting dirty scraps together and calling it inventions. They say that was how china started . Dumbitos grin

later you will say this country is not progressing..

just look at how you spoilt this thread with tribal statement..

the dude made it out there because he didn't take any ish tribal like you do here on Nl.
no wonder u still dey with poverty for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Ihatepork: 9:40am On Nov 23, 2017
Jackson042:

Lol.. it seems you have short term memory... something you just talked about some few minutes ago...

weren't you the one the quoted @SouthEastFacts? When he told you that an Igbo man is the brain behind the app valued at 1b?

Here's a screenshot to jog your memory...

But I replied Southeastfacts not you? Moreover, your response to my post has nothing to do with what I posted lol. That account is your alternate. You forgot to switch bro grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Ihatepork: 9:42am On Nov 23, 2017
Donsammi:

later you will say this country is not progressing..

just look at how you spoilt this thread with tribal statement..

the dude made it out there because he didn't take any ish tribal like you do here on Nl.
no wonder u still dey with poverty for Nigeria

First of all, I don't care whether the country is progressing lol. You made that up in your head

Secondly, I don't give a fuuuuukkkk about how you feel about my post

Thirdly, I never told your dumbass I live in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Alkanoicacid(m): 9:43am On Nov 23, 2017
If to say the guy na igbo we no go hear word.
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Jackson042: 9:53am On Nov 23, 2017
Ihatepork:

But I replied Southeastfacts not you? Moreover, your response to my post has nothing to do with what I posted lol. That account is your alternate. You forgot to switch bro grin grin cheesy

undecided
My response has nothing to do with what you posted? Really??

Alright.... have it your way... cool
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:04am On Nov 23, 2017
Alkanoicacid:
If to say the guy na igbo we no go hear word.

Na Yoruba, and we no dey hear word either.

To be honest, I used to blame Igbos more for this tribalistic stupidity on this forum, but I've found out the Yorubas here are just as bad. I only ignored them because I was more irritated and concerned with what my own ethnic kin do that what others do.
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 23, 2017
Ihatepork:

Lol oya you don win grin still doesn't make it rubbish tho. For apple to buy them means the mekamon guys have really improved on it

Nope, it just means apple was looking for a cheap way of advertising the AR (augmented reality) part of their just launched IphoneX

You get? Get people to buy a cheap toy robot that has been around since 2014 which nobody wanted to buy, just to test out the AR function of their shiny new iphone, because its either they test it using a cheap $300 toy robot or they invest over $100,000 in super computers that can handle AR
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by NLevents: 11:09am On Nov 23, 2017
jidxin:
vizkiz?
lol, I am here instead.
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Donsammi(m): 11:34am On Nov 23, 2017
Ihatepork:

First of all, I don't care whether the country is progressing lol. You made that up in your head

Secondly, I don't give a fuuuuukkkk about how you feel about my post

Thirdly, I never told your dumbass I live in Nigeria.

empty tin makes the loudest noise.....!
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by greatjoey: 11:46am On Nov 23, 2017
Ihatepork:

I make more money per week than your whole family make in a month. And yes, I contribute to my field of knowledge because I do my job well. grin I couldn't care less whether you're a japanese guy. I'll take you seriously when I see you rebuke them for insulting Yorubas. Now get your dusty ass out of my mentions grin I don't like sellouts
You may be making more money than Dangote ever would. But, your tribal e-war against the Ibos tells otherwise about your ill disposition. Would you have identified with the inventor if something negative was reported about him? The is the good, the bad, an the ugly un every tribe. I am not a sell out but a nationalist.
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Ihatepork: 11:51am On Nov 23, 2017
greatjoey:

You may be making more money than Dangote ever would. But, your tribal e-war against the Ibos tells otherwise about your ill disposition. Would you have identified with the inventor if something negative was reported about him? The is the good, the bad, an the ugly un every tribe. I am not a sell out but a nationalist.

a successful man should be celebrated, while the one who disgraces us should be condemned. That's how it works. Yes, I agree there are good and bad people in every tribe, but does that mean we should keep quiet while they throw shots? Going by the emboldened, it's not hard to tell you're one of those brainwashed Yorubas that wear one Nigeria wigs on their heads lol. A mo iru yin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by walosky(m): 11:57am On Nov 23, 2017
So happy for him they moved him to UK shedding him from their brother ritualists n kidnappers
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by Alkanoicacid(m): 2:40pm On Nov 23, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Na Yoruba, and we no dey hear word either.

To be honest, I used to blame Igbos more for this tribalistic stupidity on this forum, but I've found out the Yorubas here are just as bad. I only ignored them because I was more irritated and concerned with what my own ethnic kin do that what others do.

Agreed. but Igbos own too much, I also see d way yorubas displayed stupidity but honestly igbos own dey tire me.
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by SouthEastFacts: 8:45pm On Nov 23, 2017
Ihatepork:

Lol..bullocks. If you go to Yaba, 8 out of 10 developers there are Yorubas. Infact, the biggest hubs in the country are run by Yorubas .Paystack hit 1billion in monthly transactions this year, you're talking dust about systemspecs . Systemspecs is not even owned by a Yoruba man. Mr man, it's generally acknowledged within tech circles that Yorubas run the Tech sector. Don't disturb me
Mush room developers. Had any of them developed a 1 billion USD App? NO!

Paystack is a toddler where Igbo owned Interswitch is.

An acknowledgment made by Yorubas.

A Yoruba man should design a 1 billion USD APP, an Afrinolly, before claiming running the IT sector.

Be guided, there is difference between IT and Tech sector.

The highest direct investment in IT in Nigeria was made by Innoson Group. 360 billion NGN in digital media.

Iroko Partners raised 14.4 billion NGN in venture capital. I think that is the highest in Nigerian IT sector.

Nigerian IT space is heavily saturated by Igbos and Yorubas.

CC: Stanluiz
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by SouthEastFacts: 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2017
Alkanoicacid:

Agreed. but Igbos own too much, I also see d way yorubas displayed stupidity but honestly igbos own dey tire me.
Convince me Ndi Igbo are more tribalistic, because historical evidences show otherwise.
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by SouthEastFacts: 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2017
Edgarated:

Okay sir, We need hubs in the east too, We have so many potentials here, but most are moving to Lagos.
Lagos is Nigeria's commercial capital. Simple economics means most firms especially service firms will be sited there.
Re: Apple Sells Gaming Robots Built By Nigerian by SouthEastFacts: 8:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
Ihatepork:

Lol. We're talking about flutterwave, paystack, andela, CCHub, Ventures platform, Printivo and many other huge startups that are cashing out , this dummy is telling me about afro-nolly. Also, please post a link to the emboldened. grin Thanks
Is it possible for you to comment without insulting?

Anyway, have you heard of SimplePay or interswitch? They are bigger companies than flutterwave.

Sorry, Andela is an American company.

If you don't know Afrinolly, then you are a learner in Nigerian software industry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ancient Inventions Far Ahead Of Their Time And Beyond Modern Understanding / The Top 10 Most Overrated“geniuses” / Blobfish Voted "World's Ugliest Animal"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.