Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,169 members, 7,807,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Tasteless Chicken - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tasteless Chicken (1045 Views)

Farm Fresh Processed Chicken For Sale / Frozen chicken for sale abuja / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tasteless Chicken by MasExcel19(m): 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2017
Have you ever visited a fancy restaurant, bar, or a Roasted Chicken joints to sit, relax and enjoy a spicy cooked or roasted chicken only to taste that the actual taste (sweetness) of chicken isn't there even with all the pepper sauce and all?

Did you notice a difference in taste of the native chicken from the "agric chicken"?

I am bringing to your awareness the reason for the tasteless/unhealthy chicken circulating our eateries, restaurants, Bars etc. This one no be "spoil market" for poultry farmers or eateries. I have always believed that it is much easier making money while providing values that promote HEALTH and not DEATH as far as my business in poultry goes.

The native chicken feeds on only organic feeds all her life. She selects this by herself as she scratches the ground in search for feed.

In the case of the "agric fowl", this is different. The farmer or the companies processing feeds are in charge of all that a chicken eats from day 1 till when it's slaughtered. In a bid to generating more money and making more sales, inorganic feed supplements, and growth promoters/boosters are used to engineer the growth of chickens within weeks. While this is not all that bad, if properly done and the chicken actually matured before being slaughtered, the reverse is the case in most cases.

Most buyers are interested in seeing weights at the point of making buying decision and the farmers are there to give that. The problem though is this, they will later find out what you're selling in your poultry farm at the point of processing or from feedbacks from their customers who eats the chicken.

Which is more healthier and tasty, a fish caught from the same river with hook and line or one caught with garmaline 20 especially when in excess as is the case most times?

A lot of people have been asking, how come you studied Biochemistry and you're into Poultry? The truth is, I wouldn't have come this far in poultry farming without the knowledge of biochemistry. Being a biochemist has helped me understand proper dieting of chicken feeds especially how to source for most of the required amino acids, vitamins and other nutrients organically. It has also helped me understand the genetic make up of chickens.

I know what to feed my chickens, if I want them tall, heavy and big within 6 - 7 weeks. I can tell a chicken that will do well in weight from day 1. Once, I see your flock, i can tell if you're feeding them right or wrong. I can tell from the feathers and skin, if the feed fed them is high in carbohydrates or protein. This thing is science! I am doing my biochemistry here. Lol! �

A few days ago, a customer came to buy chickens at our farm and we couldn't agree on price. He asked if the farm near by had and I said yes and asked someone to accompany him there. He bought from their stock at a higher price than what I had offered him and left. 2 days later, he came back to our farm and said he made a big mistake. As I inquired to know what he meant, he said the chickens he bought from the other farm had no meat. So I said, but they were big and heavy, how come? He said after cooking, the chicken, the meat swell but once they are fried, they become too slim that buyers started pricing low. This made him lose. He bought from us that day.

Crux of the matter

When chickens are unmatured in their marketable size stages, they are tasteless and unhealthy and this isn't just about how long the chicken stays before they are slaughtered but what they are being fed on.

****Though in their genes, chickens performance is dependent on what they feed on.****

What if you can attain good weight within 6 - 7 weeks using mainly organic feeds, have your chickens matured within same period and sell them out like weeds?

No one eats a tasty chicken and don't ask for more.

You want to keep customers begging you to collect their money at your farm? Produce them heavy weight tasty chickens.

Farm right.

Live smart!

1 Like

Re: Tasteless Chicken by joshuamoses101(m): 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2017
I really wanna learn sir

1 Like

Re: Tasteless Chicken by MasExcel19(m): 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2017
joshuamoses101:
I really wanna learn sir
thanks for your interest. Follow the contacts at the signature space just below this post. You can contact me on any of them
Re: Tasteless Chicken by funtiziiii(m): 7:08pm On Jan 16, 2018
Sir, av read ur article and I find it very interesting. Am interested, I want to learn how to raise broilers within 6 weeks . dis is my whatsappnumber, 08077017044 , email adenikaolufunto@gmail.com. thanks . pls add me up. Looking forward hearing from you
Re: Tasteless Chicken by MasExcel19(m): 9:25am On Jan 17, 2018
funtiziiii:
Sir, av read ur article and I find it very interesting. Am interested, I want to learn how to raise broilers within 6 weeks . dis is my whatsappnumber, 08077017044 , email adenikaolufunto@gmail.com. thanks . pls add me up. Looking forward hearing from you

Thanks for your interest.

I will add you up immediately
Re: Tasteless Chicken by MasExcel19(m): 9:25am On Jan 17, 2018
funtiziiii:

Alright

(1) (Reply)

Soya Bean For Sale / Looking For A Cucumber Farm/cultivation In Kwara State/ilorin / Nigerian Starch Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.