Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,528 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics (3280 Views)

Aisha Buhari: Bad People Have Taken Over The Country From Us / Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) / How Beggars, Trespassers Beat Security At National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
Beggars have taken over the streets of Aba, the
commercial city of Abia State, running after traffic
and soliciting for alms.
The street beggars are now found at every major
junction in the city where they stay under the sun
harassing passersby for alms.
From Bata junction to the popular Christ the King
Catholic, CKC, Church along Asa Road, Aba main
motor park, Asa by Asa Road junction, to Market
Road, an army of street beggars have taken over
every available space at major streets and roads of
the city.
Some of them are nursing mothers who run after
motorists begging for alms while the aged and the
sick place themselves at a vantage position on the
roadside. Some charity organisations and individuals
regularly visit them to share foodstuff, clothing and
medication.
South-East Voice observed that the beggars appear in
different styles; age and sex, even as some of them
cannot speak Igbo language. Most of the street
beggars are dressed in dirty clothing while others
engage sick children or the aged to attract sympathy.
In an interview with South-East Voice, a street
beggar at the gate of CKC Church, Asa Road, who is
a nursing mother and could not speak Igbo language,
said she was brought to Aba from a neighbouring
state to beg for alms and wants the government to
help her start a business.
It was discovered that some of these street beggars
usually retire to the frontage of the government
ministries located at the old Post office area and
Ngwa Cultural Centre where they sleep at night.
South-East Voice observed that a new twist has been
added to street begging in Aba as able-bodied men
and women are now seen at motor parks, offices
and business centres soliciting for alms. Others have
developed the habit of scavenging for food and alms
during public occasions like wedding, burial, house
opening and child dedication.
Speaking on the situation, Chairman, Civil Liberties
Organisation, Aba Unit, Prof. Charles Chinekezi, urged
the Abia State Government to build a home for the
aged and beggars to take them off the streets in the
city.
He attributed the problem of able-bodied men and
women taking to street begging to unemployment
and urged the government to introduce social welfare
programmes to check the trend.
“The problem of street begging in Aba has taken
a bad dimension. You can see them at any major
road, public offices and motor parks. It is
disturbing to see children who ought to be in
school running after traffic to beg for alms; it is
not in our interest because some of these
homeless children may grow up to haunt the
society tomorrow.
“Government can introduce skills acquisition
programmes to train children and build social
homes for the aged to take them off the
streets. Now, some able- bodied men have
taken to begging, it is high time government put
up social security programmes to cater for the
unemployed,” Chinekezi told South-East Voice.
When South-East Voice visited the Ministry of
Women Affairs and Social Development, the
Permanent Secretary, Mrs Nnenna Chikezie, was not
on seat.
However, an official of the Ministry who pleaded
anonymity said the state government is not resting
on her oars to tackle the problem of street begging in
Aba and added that some of the beggars are
dumped in the city from neighbouring states.

view More Pictures: [url=http://techfile.wapkiz.com/site-forum-view.html?to-forum=3041&to-forumtitle=See%20How%20Beggars%20Have%20Taken%20Over%20The%20City%20Of%20Aba%20Running%20After%20Traffic%20For%20Alms&to-cat=latest%20news]view More Pics Here[/url]
Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by DaBillionnaire: 2:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
Why
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by nittroboy(m): 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by KingRex1(m): 3:20pm On Nov 22, 2017
I bet its not as serious as it is in the north..

The other day some fulani ladies walked with me holding my hands from the park to the office I was headed which was over 50 metres, just had to give them 500naira cus I had no change on

1 Like

Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by tsdarkside(m): 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2017
begging is a international problem....lets keep that in mind before we start insulting each other again....
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
Why Aba
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by tsdarkside(m): 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2017
Seunloaded:
Why Aba

why not aba too...?...people go their were money is...is instincts.....some crazy people even use it as an business....like prostitution,human trafficking and many others....

a italian told me waste is a big business too......especialy toxic waste....
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2017
tsdarkside:

why not aba too...?...people go their were money is...is instincts.....some crazy people even use it as an business....like prostitution,human trafficking and many others....

a italian told me waste is a big business too......especialy toxic waste....
ok
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by tsdarkside(m): 3:33pm On Nov 22, 2017
Seunloaded:
ok

shocked shocked shocked shocked.....now am shocked....... shocked shocked shocked shocked...nobody agrees with me in anything... shocked shocked shocked shocked.....
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 22, 2017
tsdarkside:

shocked shocked shocked shocked.....now am shocked....... shocked shocked shocked shocked...nobody agrees with me in anything... shocked shocked shocked shocked.....
but i agreed
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by tsdarkside(m): 3:41pm On Nov 22, 2017
Seunloaded:
but i agreed

grin....just saying what i know.......thats all.... grin

me,be against beggars will not happen....

i know the situation is not something to laugh about...but the problem is everywere....poverty is crazy....dont blame poor people too much....
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
tsdarkside:

grin....just saying what i know.......thats all.... grin

me,be against beggars will not happen....
i dnt know the reason why they beg self for anyther.why cnt they work
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by tsdarkside(m): 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
Seunloaded:
i dnt know the reason why they beg self for anyther.why cnt they work

their are many reasons....do you know that even in america you have many homeless people...??...although they have more chance to get a job in america than in nigeria...??...this situation is very complicated....it is mostly personal disappoint in life...hopelessness,disappointment,and many other things.....even if you give them a job,the chance that they will not even appear to work is their too....
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by SalamRushdie: 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
Its even worse in some parts of Lagos

1 Like

Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by TheArchangel(f): 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2017
They cannot speak Igbo according to the nursing mother and some other persons interviewed.....

So OP what are you trying to say or prove with this thread......that Igbos are into begging or what? Read what you posted before you shoot yourself on the foot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
tsdarkside:

their are many reasons....do you know that even in america you have many homeless people...??...although they have more chance to get a job in america than in nigeria...??...this situation is very complicated....it is mostly personal disappoint in life...hopelessness,disappointment,and many other things.....even if you give them a job,the chance that they will not even appear to work is their too....
yeah it is true.that means they are lazy,they just want money without any stress
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by tsdarkside(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
Seunloaded:
yeah it is true.that means they are lazy,they just want money without any stress

you can call it lazy if you want....it doesnt matter.....what you wan tell somebody for example that went through the trauma of boko haram and lost all family members...??...thats a hugh trauma....you can not just stigmatize people in such situations and the problem is solved....
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by Victornezzar: 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2017
TheArchangel:
They cannot speak Igbo according to the nursing mother and some other persons interviewed.....

So OP what are you trying to say or prove with this thread......that Igbos are into begging or what? Read what you posted before you shoot yourself on the foot.
If you see the way all these afonjas keep surfing the Internet looking for anything bad about the igbos....you would be amazed

Sarrki once created a thread about the type of soils in the east, the bigot of a mod didn't even read it....He just pushed it to the fp cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by Richiez(m): 4:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
Naijapals.com? Gisstmania.com? I don't believe that is Aba. Some bloggers though.
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by CrtlAltDel: 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
tsdarkside:
begging is a international problem....lets keep that in mind before we start insulting each other again....
Agreed but our SE blodas have always claimed otherwise grin grin
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by Victornezzar: 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
safiaaBUTTHOLE:

This bastard omo ale _yibo jati jati Lawn Tennis headed,_shit soup eating,chest beating,baby factorying, carjacking,Pedophiling,drug peddling,ass drilling, kidnapping and adult napping venturing, potopoto swimming, gala selling, movie pirating, land grabbing, no man's land claiming, money ritual doing biafrat teenage VIRGIN has the guts to come online to be shouting "Afonja"

Bastard
k
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by SouthEastFacts: 5:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
Seunloaded:
Beggars have taken over the streets of Aba, the
commercial city of Abia State, running after traffic
and soliciting for alms.
The street beggars are now found at every major
junction in the city where they stay under the sun
harassing passersby for alms.
From Bata junction to the popular Christ the King
Catholic, CKC, Church along Asa Road, Aba main
motor park, Asa by Asa Road junction, to Market
Road, an army of street beggars have taken over
every available space at major streets and roads of
the city.
Some of them are nursing mothers who run after
motorists begging for alms while the aged and the
sick place themselves at a vantage position on the
roadside. Some charity organisations and individuals
regularly visit them to share foodstuff, clothing and
medication.
South-East Voice observed that the beggars appear in
different styles; age and sex, even as some of them
cannot speak Igbo language. Most of the street
beggars are dressed in dirty clothing while others
engage sick children or the aged to attract sympathy.
In an interview with South-East Voice, a street
beggar at the gate of CKC Church, Asa Road, who is
a nursing mother and could not speak Igbo language,
said she was brought to Aba from a neighbouring
state to beg for alms and wants the government to
help her start a business.
It was discovered that some of these street beggars
usually retire to the frontage of the government
ministries located at the old Post office area and
Ngwa Cultural Centre where they sleep at night.
South-East Voice observed that a new twist has been
added to street begging in Aba as able-bodied men
and women are now seen at motor parks, offices
and business centres soliciting for alms. Others have
developed the habit of scavenging for food and alms
during public occasions like wedding, burial, house
opening and child dedication.
Speaking on the situation, Chairman, Civil Liberties
Organisation, Aba Unit, Prof. Charles Chinekezi, urged
the Abia State Government to build a home for the
aged and beggars to take them off the streets in the
city.
He attributed the problem of able-bodied men and
women taking to street begging to unemployment
and urged the government to introduce social welfare
programmes to check the trend.
“The problem of street begging in Aba has taken
a bad dimension. You can see them at any major
road, public offices and motor parks. It is
disturbing to see children who ought to be in
school running after traffic to beg for alms; it is
not in our interest because some of these
homeless children may grow up to haunt the
society tomorrow.
“Government can introduce skills acquisition
programmes to train children and build social
homes for the aged to take them off the
streets. Now, some able- bodied men have
taken to begging, it is high time government put
up social security programmes to cater for the
unemployed,” Chinekezi told South-East Voice.
When South-East Voice visited the Ministry of
Women Affairs and Social Development, the
Permanent Secretary, Mrs Nnenna Chikezie, was not
on seat.
However, an official of the Ministry who pleaded
anonymity said the state government is not resting
on her oars to tackle the problem of street begging in
Aba and added that some of the beggars are
dumped in the city from neighbouring states.

view More Pictures: [url=http://techfile.wapkiz.com/site-forum-view.html?to-forum=3041&to-forumtitle=See%20How%20Beggars%20Have%20Taken%20Over%20The%20City%20Of%20Aba%20Running%20After%20Traffic%20For%20Alms&to-cat=latest%20news]view More Pics Here[/url]
Cc: Lalasticlala
The picture you posted was taken from Azikiwe Junction, very close to the Yoruba mosque, and Shopping Centre.

Very close to that spot is the only Sunni mosque inside Aba, heavily guarded by the operatives of the NA.

Don't forget the biggest Catholic Church, CKC is also close by.

Aside that particular area and CKC, there is no other place I saw beggars when I visited last week from Onitsha.

Those people are not IGBOS.

1 Like

Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by CrtlAltDel: 5:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
safiaaBUTTHOLE:

This bastard omo ale _yibo jati jati Lawn Tennis headed,_shit soup eating,chest beating,baby factorying, carjacking,Pedophiling,drug peddling,ass drilling, kidnapping and adult napping venturing, potopoto swimming, gala selling, movie pirating, land grabbing, no man's land claiming, money ritual doing biafrat teenage VIRGIN has the guts to come online to be shouting "Afonja"

Bastard
Wicked
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by CrtlAltDel: 5:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

[s]The picture you posted was taken from Azikiwe Junction, very close to the Yoruba mosque, and Shopping Centre.

Very close to that spot is the only Sunni mosque inside Aba, heavily guarded by the operatives of the NA.

Don't forget the biggest Catholic Church, CKC is also close by.

Aside that particular area and CKC, there is no other place I saw beggars when I visited last week from Onitsha.

Those people are not IGBOS[/s].
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by tsdarkside(m): 6:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
CrtlAltDel:

Agreed but our SE blodas have always claimed otherwise grin grin

then...they dont think or dont know whats happening in the world....
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by tsdarkside(m): 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
safiaaBUTTHOLE:

You guys no dey learn. we'll always be ahead of you guys (like how whites are ahead of blacks but we don't like to admit it)

titi lai lai, e o ma wo se wa ni!

Bastard

*I spit on your parallelogram head*

they deny to see the main issue.....they rather bash their own neighbors than look at the problem.....its gives them organism or something...

i still dont get it yet.... undecided
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by CrtlAltDel: 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
tsdarkside:

then...they dont think or dont know whats happening in the world....
Bros, SE is overdeveloped that you cant find any beggers, this is why Igbos are developing other states and country.I believe that picture is fake grin
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by tsdarkside(m): 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
CrtlAltDel:

Bros, SE is overdeveloped that you cant find any beggers, this is why Igbos are developing other states and country.I believe that picture is fake grin

this easterners sef... grin
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by tsdarkside(m): 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2017
it doesnt realy matter...even if we achieve to make nigeria economicaly strong...we will still have beggars...

what you wan do....?...send them to concentration camps as hitler did...?...this will solve nothing...
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by tsdarkside(m): 6:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
just call them lazy and the problem is solved....thats ridiculous....!!...

thats why your school feeding programm is failing....nigerians are too egoistic....
Re: See How Beggars Have Taken Over The City Of Aba Running After Traffic...pics by totit: 6:26pm On Nov 22, 2017
More of the beggars should over power,overwhelm and take over iboland, abeg. One nigeria it is. After all,ibo are everywhere too.

One obodo nigeria abeg.

Nna, Nne, make una enjoy dey gooooo grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's In A Big Mess. This Country Is Now A Big Joke. We Are Doomed! / The Top 3 Worst Governors In Nigeria / ‘ Aisha Buhari Will Take Over Aso Rock,block Cabals’ – Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.