Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,732 members, 7,802,213 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit (43606 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Oba Of Benin, Ewuaere, Arrives Abuja In His Rolls Royce And Private Jet / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by ruffDiamond: 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
meforyou1:
respect your big brothers. Binis own lagos. 1st oba of lagos was a bini man
leave trash for lawma abeg..

story for the dog..

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by meforyou1(m): 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
marvin902:

Jesus I don hear today..
is not only Igbo's claiming right to Lagos is now Benin..
hahahaha
https://www.nairaland.com/4185915/olubode-olusesan-bini-not-yoruba
Please read that interview by a real lagosian. Seek ye the truth...
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by meforyou1(m): 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
Which one u be? Are u a jew? Abi bini abeg where una come freom?
yoruba boy. Chief bembe has said it. You yorubas from osogbo are tenants in lagos
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by ruffDiamond: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2017
step1:
j

What is kabiyesi in edo language no be etoge porporo again shocked shocked
u dey mind dem useless cunny liar
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by bright007(f): 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2017
Alariiwo:

I don hear you..

Let Binis wage war and see na. We go know wetin dem chop to have such liver.
We don't need to wage war on what belongs to us.
Our landmarks are all over Yoruba land and undisputed history is there for you to see that we conquered Yoruba land and ruled you guys.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by fatiaforreal: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2017
step1:

What is kabiyesi in edo language no be etoge porporo again shocked shocked
Go and ask the palace. Yoruba was the COURT LANGUAGE in the Benin palace for centuries.

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by meforyou1(m): 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

Unam ikod mkpo.
I be Akwa Ibomite, not calabar.
I be Ibibio not Efik, we are Brothers quite alright, but we are not the same, we have some differences, but we love and understand each other perfectly
u are calabar. Ur language is calabar. Ur state capital is calabar. When was akwaibom created. And from where?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
meforyou1:
God bless you my sister. A prominent lagos indigene, Chief Layi Ajayi said it in clear unambiguous terms that lagos belongs to binis. He said it clearly that lagos is not yorubaland. And lagos is not part of south west
Have you read what Femi Okunnu said about history of Lagos island? Read both articles before you make conclusion.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by bright007(f): 7:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
fatiaforreal:

Go and ask the palace. Yoruba was the COURT LANGUAGE in the Benin palace for centuries.

Afonja....stop masturbating on this thread. Your Fulani masters are still holding the traditional crown at ilorin.
Go and claim what belongs to you.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
meforyou1:
u are calabar. Ur language is calabar. Ur state capital is calabar. When was akwaibom created. And from where?

If deceiving yourself helps you sleep, then so be it.
Usehmeh mkpo
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
CaptainFM1:

That's because the whole wide world belongs to Oduduwa!
pls explain sir
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by marvin902(m): 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
meforyou1:
https://www.nairaland.com/4185915/olubode-olusesan-bini-not-yoruba
Please read that interview by a real lagosian. Seek ye the truth...

oga go and read your history..
before you start saying things you don't know..you guy's can only lay claim on the island and that was before not now..
where is Lagos
what's the major tribe there

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by automatix: 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
dukie25:
Seems present Oba is a member of APC, his father was apolitical.
The saying "Oba no dey go transfer" is now just a saying.
This Oba is denigrating and demystifying the revered stool.
Oba Akenzua would be turning in his grave.
no b small thing ooo. very terrible.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by ruffDiamond: 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
I thought this delusion ended with the flatees...I ve not the faintest idea they ve got peeps who are more delusional than them...hahahaha guy wake up day don break na.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by automatix: 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
step1:
so oba can leave his palace shocked shocked shocked. too many lies with this edo history
it is not a lie...this is the first person to break that rule./
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by proudlyYoruba(m): 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
meforyou1:
yoruba boy. Chief bembe has said it. You yorubas from osogbo are tenants in lagos
Abeg who is Chief Bembe? BTW ma maternal ancestry is IKORODU. Abeg where u dey come from?

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:59pm On Nov 22, 2017
bright007:

See them afonja loud mouth.
Go to ilorin and claim the crown you lost there instead of parading your frustration here.
Ilorin never had a king before she joined the Sokoto emirate. Ilorin was a war camp for Oyo empire just like the way Lagos Island was a war camp for the Benin empire. Afonja was the generalísimo of Yoruba, his duty then was then was to protect Oyo empire from external enemies. He had to join forces with the Fulanis to breakaway from Oyo empire.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by proudlyYoruba(m): 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2017
bright007:

We don't need to wage war on what belongs to us.
Our landmarks are all over Yoruba land and undisputed history is there for you to see that we conquered Yoruba land and ruled you guys.
And u were confined to a state?

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
bright007:
Bini own Lagos, go ask Oba Akiolu and that Lagosian call Bembe.
who own binis? answer is Oduduwas which later became yorubas

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by GuidoVanRossum: 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
The saying that "oba no dey go transfer" has really been misunderstood. It doesn't necessarily mean the Oba doesn't leave his seat. It simply means the means the kingship in Benin can't just be changed like others by the government.
He is not the first Oba to have been engaged in a nationwide thank you visit. The previous Oba did. So, I really don't see the reason for the comments above.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by odigbosky(m): 8:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
I will say somethings here and some person will not agree with me for their own reasons but the truth is that the Oba does leaves his palace and maybe some persons have just exaggerated. Oba Erediauwa embarked on a thank you tour when he was coronated and i see no reason why this Oba can't do same. He has already toured Edo state and now it time to do same in the country. He has his list and he can't visit every monarch in the country but he will visit those who came for his coronation so expect to see him in Sokoto, Kano, onitsha, Oyo, ife, Lagos and many others after which you won't see him make any more trips. The Oba of Benin will not travel like the Ooni, trust me....that is a sure banker.
Like i said, those who want to know will understand what i have said while those who are bent on just throwing insult at HRM personality will never.

Oba gha tokpere.......Ise!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
automatix:
it is not a lie...this is the first person to break that rule./
Who told you that? His late Father, Oba Erediuwa once visited late Ooni Adesoji Aderemi of Île Ife. Oba Ewuare II did visit Uromi King. They gave him a gift. Please, no dey bobo us.

Lest I forget, past Obas of Benin have led wars and war can't be fought in the palace.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by bright007(f): 8:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
How does being confined to a state affect the facts I put up there.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by xtenxive(m): 8:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
Ishilove:
Which one is 'Bone Blogger' again?? All these mushroom blogs sef

I don't envy the queens. Too many rules and too much restriction on movement.

''You don't envy the Queens'' who enjoy a lifetime experience of extreme Royalty.
Maybe you should just visit your ''Bone Blogger'' jare
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by fatiaforreal: 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
A state or part of a state?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Natilolo(m): 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
The only constant thing in life is change. Our revered traditional rulers now fancy how political office holders tore around.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Natilolo(m): 8:17pm On Nov 22, 2017
The only constant thing in life is change. Our revered traditional rulers now fancy how political office holders tore around. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by bright007(f): 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
Onijagidijagan:

who own binis? answer is Oduduwas which later became yorubas
you are right , but get the fact in details.
Where did Oduduwa come from?
This is one important question all Yorubas have refused to come to reality with the answer.They rather believe he fell from the sky without cracking his skull or that he trekked more than a thousand miles from Mecca against all the environmental and physical odds of the journey.

They will rather turn a blind eye to the fact the Oduduwa was a banished Benin son who was accepted by the Yoruba to rule them. He later sent his son on request to Benin kingdom to ascend the throne when he couldn't come back home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by FixAm(m): 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
I like to say my oba has gone to abuja to draw ear for baba to call Jonathan brothers to order over gelegele matter that has been trending. ijaws be ready this both time of GEJ that the one izons took the niger delta as their inheritance

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by MrPresident1: 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2017
After him don see Buhari, the next place he MUST got to is ILE IFE to propitiate his ancestors.

Long live Ewuare Ogidigan! the Son of Ewuare the Great!! the Son of Oranmiyan!!!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by osazsky(m): 8:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
u guys don't know the Bini tradition, after the coronation of an oba he has to travel to every part of Nigeria for a thank u visit. he has visited ekpoma, auchi and other places in Edo after the thank u tour , he can't leave the palace or be seen outside the palace. Benin the cradle of black civilisation

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by nkechiblessing: 8:26pm On Nov 22, 2017
why are they carrying his cloth up like that, can't he walk properly again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo Training Boxing / Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... / Olori Adeyeye Wuraola Ogunwusi's Birthday Cake + Pics From Her Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.