Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,232 members, 7,807,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit (43644 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Oba Of Benin, Ewuaere, Arrives Abuja In His Rolls Royce And Private Jet / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
historyworld030:
First of all the amalgamation was in 1914 and not 1908.
You don't have any knowledge about history, you don't even know the meaning of the word.
I am not sure of the dating which you gave of the ife head and it is totally irrelevent.
Nobody knows the people who actually prodused the ife heads. My guess would be the Edos given that they were the only people whose palace was found decorated with advanced Bronz casting.
Also the finding of those heads doesn't imply the existance of the yoruba people in the period in which the heads were made.
After taking a look at precolonial maps, it is easy to notice that nobody was refered to as yoruba around 200 years ago.
You are the "yahoo historian". Besides don't be a fool, you do not know my age. I'm 30.

Thanks for noticing the amalgamation date which Jonathan celebrated his centenary anniversary in 2014 it was not intentional, 1908 has a colonial history as well.The message is still constant.1914 is already more than 100 years & whites have been in Africa decades before this. All Africa history points to the fact that Africa has been in existence for centuries before the arrival of colonial masters, so, an elementary school history student knows that Yoruba people or history has been in existence for centuries before the arrival of colonial masters. Your age reveals you. According to you, Ife head was produced and buried in Ife by Benin and the date irrelevent. I don't know the meaning of irrelevent, but I know in history, date is very relevant. Ife head history is in the museum where the original head is kept and at the other museum worldwide where the replica is kept, the estimated date of production is there. You have no problem with the date I gave for Benin work of arts. . Map has no business grouping people according to language or ethnicity except is a national map produced purposely for such identification. We are talking of Ife here, which represents Yoruba people except Ife is not in your Map.

In the nearest future, your rulers or historian will claim IFA migrated to Ife from Benin. IFA feast (Odun'fa) is celebrated wold-wide, with devotee spanning many countries across continents has its root in Ife the ancestral home of IFA.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 25, 2017
I actually am not sure about all your dates, me not saying something about a claim of yours is in no way a validation of your claim.
You make too many unsubstantiated claims, I don't have the time to address all of them. By the way for your info, 1897 is the date at which the british stole the Benin Bronz from Oba Ovonramwen's Palace. So dating the Bronze to that date is comical.
If you like, group people according to language, I prefer to group them according to country.
Benin Kingdom was a country. Maps show countries, not language ! If you have a problem with that then take it up with logics.
babaolofin:

Thanks for noticing the amalgamation date which Jonathan celebrated his centenary anniversary in 2014 it was not intentional, 1908 has a colonial history as well.The message is still constant.1914 is already more than 100 years & whites have been in Africa decades before this. All Africa history points to the fact that Africa has been in existence for centuries before the arrival of colonial masters, so, an elementary school history student knows that Yoruba people or history has been in existence for centuries before the arrival of colonial masters. Your age reveals you. According to you, Ife head was produced and buried in Ife by Benin and the date irrelevent. I don't know the meaning of irrelevent, but I know in history, date is very relevant. Ife head history is in the museum where the original head is kept and at the other museum worldwide where the replica is kept, the estimated date of production is there. You have no problem with the date I gave for Benin work of arts. . Map has no business grouping people according to language or ethnicity except is a national map produced purposely for such identification. We are talking of Ife here, which represents Yoruba people except Ife is not in your Map.

In the nearest future, your rulers or historian will claim IFA migrated to Ife from Benin. IFA feast (Odun'fa) is celebrated wold-wide, with devotee spanning many countries across continents has its root in Ife the ancestral home of IFA.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
historyworld030:
I actually am not sure about all your dates, me not saying something about a claim of yours is in no way a validation of your claim.
You make too many unsubstantiated claims, I don't have the time to address all of them. By the way for your info, 1897 is the date at which the british stole the Benin Bronz from Oba Ovonramwen's Palace. So dating the Bronze to that date is comical.
If you like, group people according to language, I prefer to group them according to country.
Benin Kingdom was a country. Maps show countries, not language ! If you have a problem with that then take it up with logics.

It is now I know the reasons why there are so many Nigerian prostitutes in Italy.They are products of bad parentage. Their male counterparts from the same parentage background are mostly mentally sick & lazy. I have visited few museums abroad. I have seen items discovered in 2006 whose existence have been found to be more than 300 yrs or more. If IFE HEAD was unearthed in 1938 & scientific lab analysis date its production to between 1300 to 1400 century & some Benin work of arts are found to have been produced at century during the empire which are in museums, historical sites & online sites. Do I need to write anything about IFE HEAD or Benin work of art that is not in global history archives? Google search or Wikipedia for elementary internet users will still confirm these dates. So, items that were taken from Alaafin of Oyo palace and taken abroad in the 19th century when subjected to laboratory will not reveal the century they were made. Only Ashawo or Asewo products reason foolishly.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by odigbosky(m): 7:24am On Nov 27, 2017
JuanDeDios:

They might. What, you think they'd use juju to summon her from America or something?

E get as dem take dy run am in doze days sha....u knw say most lf strong ogunme men don die and modernization dn full every where...if not dem fit send her SOS call she go run leave u frm amerika come.....lol
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by JuanDeDios: 10:24am On Nov 27, 2017
odigbosky:

E get as dem take dy run am in doze days sha....u knw say most lf strong ogunme men don die and modernization dn full every where...if not dem fit send her SOS call she go run leave u frm amerika come.....lol
Ha! That's a serious something.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Olori Adeyeye Wuraola Ogunwusi's Birthday Cake + Pics From Her Party / Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... / Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi, Dressed Casually To An Official Function

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.