Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

I Stand With Sharifah Yunus - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Stand With Sharifah Yunus (1004 Views)

Mockery Of Islam By Shayk Yunus Patel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Stand With Sharifah Yunus by obinrinrere: 11:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
#Istandwithshariifah

My name is Shariifah Yunus,I was assaulted,violated and my faith as a muslim woman made into a mockery,because I choose to be decent and covered!

November 20th 2017 I went to Alausa secretariat at Adeyemi Bero Hall for an exhibition.

I wanted to talk to a lady concerning a proposed exhibition some women entrepreneurs are organising. She is said to be the one who was given the contract to partition the exhibition center at the event.
As i called her and she turned towards me,without provocation and excuse of any sort, she yanked, pulled and lifted my niqob(face cover) in public ,exposing me and saying in derision , "who are you"?

I was shocked , extremely embarrassed, upset and felt violated!
I asked, "why would you do that" ? She replied," I don't have time for this,I am here to work,if you have anything to say to me go and say it to my boys"!
I went after her and told her she could apologise and she shouted ,"sorry,is that what you want to hear",she hissed and walked away!

Imagine someone lifting up your skirts while pulling down your pants in public? That feeling of being victimized and oppressed was how I felt, her non remorseful actions and speech made it abhorrent !

People came out to comfort me as i was weeping,I was so upset and kept wondering why would someone have so much hatred...
I knew she was highly connected as she talked with the arrogance of someone who is. My sisters went to her and she kept shouting at them she has no time,besides she isn't a Muslim so how would she know if it was wrong!

I am posting this for several reasons. In the last few weeks i have been assaulted more than thrice while someone threatened to beat me up,my crime has always been, having the guts to dress as a muslim woman in Lagos/Nigeria!
I have been called a terrorist,insulted and abused. All these by mainly none muslims. I am shocked at how Nigerians have become so filled with hatred and intolerance. People will assault/insult us and say ,"e de ni elesin ni yin"! People will tell us leave them, yet they cant take it. In fact when i went to report her,someone actually gave her the excuse that she did what she did cos she was scared of me,while another person said Nigeria is dangerous now so she did that for protection!

Some elders apologised on her behalf,but lo and behold i saw her again and she denied what she did and then threatened me arrogantly with "her siblings being on the bench"!

As people irrespective of your religion,being human means you should protect others,not abuse nor assault them. When people are mean and abuse other's fundamental human right,get up,stand up and protect the abused! Here in Nigeria,people misbehave because they know that the law cant touch them as they have "connections". We can however change the narrative. When people do things wrongly,call then out and make them recant and apologise. Its abuse of rights to beg the offended and let the abuser go scot free. I am a muslim woman,this country belongs to my daughters and yours!

My submission,
*My Lord is not on a bench, but on His throne! If I lied against YOU, then may His wrath be upon me. If YOU lied that YOU didn't open my face veil, then may His wrath,anger and punishment be upon YOU till YOU publicly repent and apologize as YOU violated me in public!*

#myfacemybusiness
#Myhijabmychoice
#Notobullies
#Notooppression
#Toloratehijab
#protectthemuslima
#standupforthemuslima
#myniqobmychoice
#notoridicule
#Myreligionnotagainstconstitution
#myveilmychoice
#hijabISmymodesty
#Istandwithislam #zerotolerancetohijabbullies
#November20
*SHARE AS FAR AS YOU CAN PLEASE*
Copied from sharifah yunus

2 Likes

Re: I Stand With Sharifah Yunus by obinrinrere: 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2017
Exposed! Woman who forcefully dropped Muslim Lady's Veil At Lagos State Secretariat

http://www.timenewsng.com/2017/11/exposed-woman-who-forcefully-dropped.html?m=1
Re: I Stand With Sharifah Yunus by sorextee(m): 2:06pm On Nov 23, 2017
I feel so sorry for what you passed through.
We all know that the girls detonating theirselves in d north are all wearing that face covering cloth.

But still, what d woman did is wrong and un-called for
Re: I Stand With Sharifah Yunus by MrOlai: 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2017
obinrinrere:
#Istandwithshariifah

My name is Shariifah Yunus,I was assaulted,violated and my faith as a muslim woman made into a mockery,because I choose to be decent and covered!

November 20th 2017 I went to Alausa secretariat at Adeyemi Bero Hall for an exhibition.

I wanted to talk to a lady concerning a proposed exhibition some women entrepreneurs are organising. She is said to be the one who was given the contract to partition the exhibition center at the event.
As i called her and she turned towards me,without provocation and excuse of any sort, she yanked, pulled and lifted my niqob(face cover) in public ,exposing me and saying in derision , "who are you"?

I was shocked , extremely embarrassed, upset and felt violated!
I asked, "why would you do that" ? She replied," I don't have time for this,I am here to work,if you have anything to say to me go and say it to my boys"!
I went after her and told her she could apologise and she shouted ,"sorry,is that what you want to hear",she hissed and walked away!

Imagine someone lifting up your skirts while pulling down your pants in public? That feeling of being victimized and oppressed was how I felt, her non remorseful actions and speech made it abhorrent !

People came out to comfort me as i was weeping,I was so upset and kept wondering why would someone have so much hatred...
I knew she was highly connected as she talked with the arrogance of someone who is. My sisters went to her and she kept shouting at them she has no time,besides she isn't a Muslim so how would she know if it was wrong!

I am posting this for several reasons. In the last few weeks i have been assaulted more than thrice while someone threatened to beat me up,my crime has always been, having the guts to dress as a muslim woman in Lagos/Nigeria!
I have been called a terrorist,insulted and abused. All these by mainly none muslims. I am shocked at how Nigerians have become so filled with hatred and intolerance. People will assault/insult us and say ,"e de ni elesin ni yin"! People will tell us leave them, yet they cant take it. In fact when i went to report her,someone actually gave her the excuse that she did what she did cos she was scared of me,while another person said Nigeria is dangerous now so she did that for protection!

Some elders apologised on her behalf,but lo and behold i saw her again and she denied what she did and then threatened me arrogantly with "her siblings being on the bench"!

As people irrespective of your religion,being human means you should protect others,not abuse nor assault them. When people are mean and abuse other's fundamental human right,get up,stand up and protect the abused! Here in Nigeria,people misbehave because they know that the law cant touch them as they have "connections". We can however change the narrative. When people do things wrongly,call then out and make them recant and apologise. Its abuse of rights to beg the offended and let the abuser go scot free. I am a muslim woman,this country belongs to my daughters and yours!

My submission,
*My Lord is not on a bench, but on His throne! If I lied against YOU, then may His wrath be upon me. If YOU lied that YOU didn't open my face veil, then may His wrath,anger and punishment be upon YOU till YOU publicly repent and apologize as YOU violated me in public!*

#myfacemybusiness
#Myhijabmychoice
#Notobullies
#Notooppression
#Toloratehijab
#protectthemuslima
#standupforthemuslima
#myniqobmychoice
#notoridicule
#Myreligionnotagainstconstitution
#myveilmychoice
#hijabISmymodesty
#Istandwithislam #zerotolerancetohijabbullies
#November20
*SHARE AS FAR AS YOU CAN PLEASE*
Copied from sharifah yunus

The victim Sister should go and report the woman to the police and sue her to court. The fact that she is a daughter of Chief Judge does not give her the right to abuse others.

It's the attitude of those privileged power-drunk people to subjugate their fellow human beings! She should be reported and arrested. From there, the issue will be given the needed attention.
Re: I Stand With Sharifah Yunus by Fundamentalist: 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
I'm deeply sorry for what happened to you BUT blame her less and blame our so called moderate Muslims who condemn the use of Niqob. We all know Habib al-ilory a so called scholar in Lagos where u reside condemns it. For a Non Muslim to fill with hatred towards Muslims or islam should not be surprising to you. Let me tell you of something that happened to me , An agrochemical company based in Ibadan earlier this year placed an advert for vacancy . I passed all the test, at the interview the woman in charged a Christian despite been impressed with my depth knowledge and skills told me to my face that they cannot employ me, why, because I have beards . mind you I was the most qualified for the job . let me fill u in. The overall manager in the office is a Muslim and we all observed jumma'at prayer together. Her evidence against me was that since my brothers we were her boss kept clean shave why should I be wearing a beard. She has forgotten that even Jesus that they worship is always depicted as a bearded man. That's how I lost the job. This is a field job not staying put in office as you may think.

What I want you to understand is that until we Muslims start abiding to what we claim to follow the unbelievers would never respect you. This is one of the reasons Allah cursed the Jews and sadly this is what is happening in today's world. It is not only the issue of Niqob it includes a whole lot of things. Don't just forget one thing A non Muslim can never like or love you no matter how tolerant the society may appear.

If truly they love us why don't they accept the mission of Muhammad (SAW)

1 Like

Re: I Stand With Sharifah Yunus by Empiree: 5:19am On Nov 24, 2017
Fundamentalist:
I'm deeply sorry for what happened to you BUT blame her less and blame our so called moderate Muslims who condemn the use of Niqob. We all know Habib al-ilory a so called scholar in Lagos where u reside condemns it. For a Non Muslim to fill with hatred towards Muslims or islam should not be surprising to you.
This is not about niqab. This is about her right being violated. Not all muslim favors hijab/niqab, yes, but that doesn't mean touching and removing hijab or niqab from a woman. That's transgression. The problem is nigeria is a lawless country. US that many of us consider anti-islam, she dare not do that in the US. Wallahi, she will land in jail or face hefty lawsuit. But contrary is nija where everyone use "leg" or "connections".

It is the same in the US about Gay rights, we may not like it but physically abusing them constitutes assault. This doesn't have anything to do with what Sheikh ilory said. She was lucky i was not the sister's husband and i did go to that place with her. I swear she would got ifoti oloyin and i dont give a flying fvck what anyone says. And i don't care how the hell her age is. Lae lae she will NEVER ever repeat that crap. Nigeria is the problem not individual. Just few days ago, a non muslim guy vandalized 2 masajid in Brooklyn NY, he was apprehended by police after manhunt. This is the land of "keferi" that values justice even though we can be hypocritical on international relations.

Let me tell you of something that happened to me , An agrochemical company based in Ibadan earlier this year placed an advert for vacancy . I passed all the test, at the interview the woman in charged a Christian despite been impressed with my depth knowledge and skills told me to my face that they cannot employ me, why, because I have beards . mind you I was the most qualified for the job . let me fill u in. The overall manager in the office is a Muslim and we all observed jumma'at prayer together. Her evidence against me was that since my brothers we were her boss kept clean shave why should I be wearing a beard. She has forgotten that even Jesus that they worship is always depicted as a bearded man. That's how I lost the job. This is a field job not staying put in office as you may think
Again, this is happening bcus of lawlessness in nigeria. Her muslim boss not having beard is none of her business. This is job discrimination and she needs to be at least suspended for this. Not that they don't discriminate against people in the West but the law does not allow discriminations. If what happened to you happened in the US, it is very simple, all you do is report it. You will be happy that your salary in 10years (if you are employed by the company) will be given to you at once if you win the lawsuit. That's how they teach these clowns. Nigeria is the problem. Beard is not overly mandatory and thats none of her business. Now, the muslim boss needs to stand up for you if he heard about the case, and must do the needful to rebuke the woman.

What I want you to understand is that until we Muslims start abiding to what we claim to follow the unbelievers would never respect you. This is one of the reasons Allah cursed the Jews and sadly this is what is happening in today's world. It is not only the issue of Niqob it includes a whole lot of things. Don't just forget one thing A non Muslim can never like or love you no matter how tolerant the society may appear.

That's it. You just nailed it. Even if you are "clean shaved", she would still turn you down just bcus your name. Nothing much individual can do about this. It is up to govt. Thats why you all need to support muslim leaders raising their voice on issues of concern. Otherwise, some muslims are gonna get fed up and retort to unlawful means. You need to create awareness by writing article and publishing it. Inform any muslims who might be discriminated against so that the world will hear whats going on before things fall apart.
Re: I Stand With Sharifah Yunus by sorextee(m): 8:01am On Nov 24, 2017
We blame this ur experience on d govt that gives room for discrimination. The same thing u re complaining about what happened to u in ibadan, it happened to me in adamawa(quite similar to yours) years ago. I was denied d job cos my name is not abdullahi, Abubakar, rabiu, etc those they hired couldn't even construct a simple sentence in english. I remember I wore a suit for d interview, while some Hausa pple there wore a kaftan.

Anoda thing you shld note is dat when looking for a job, the interviewers’ attitudes toward facial hair may be more conservative. I dnt know how lengthy ur beards were dat time. But During a job interview, you definitely want to avoid giving off any suspicious “vibes,” so having a clean cut appearance is important for many job interviews. Im sure u must have seen that advert on TV, where d guy with a clean shave was hired, leaving dose ones with beards(Gillette advert). Not only were they advertising their products, they were also passing a mesage.

Theres this lecturer in unimaid, law faculty cant remember his name now. Hes igbo. He applied to become a professor in law faculty. He was turned down, despite meeting all requirement. Why, cos hes christian. To cut d story short, he had to convert. Hes now a prof.

So this discrimination system is everywhere, irrespective of location, Religion, etc.

Fundamentalist:
I'm deeply sorry for what happened to you BUT blame her less and blame our so called moderate Muslims who condemn the use of Niqob. We all know Habib al-ilory a so called scholar in Lagos where u reside condemns it. For a Non Muslim to fill with hatred towards Muslims or islam should not be surprising to you. Let me tell you of something that happened to me , An agrochemical company based in Ibadan earlier this year placed an advert for vacancy . I passed all the test, at the interview the woman in charged a Christian despite been impressed with my depth knowledge and skills told me to my face that they cannot employ me, why, because I have beards . mind you I was the most qualified for the job . let me fill u in. The overall manager in the office is a Muslim and we all observed jumma'at prayer together. Her evidence against me was that since my brothers we were her boss kept clean shave why should I be wearing a beard. She has forgotten that even Jesus that they worship is always depicted as a bearded man. That's how I lost the job. This is a field job not staying put in office as you may think.

(1) (Reply)

Daily Tafsir From The Holy Quran / Being Kind Is The New Fly! / A Story With A Moral (A Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.