Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,171 members, 7,780,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:43 AM

Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto (6107 Views)

Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto Playing Cricket In Throwback Photo / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Sir Ahmadu Bello Didn't Like Luxury; He Loved Them" / Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Dboy55(m): 5:55am On Nov 23, 2017
OPERATION DAMISA: ASSASSINATION OF SIR AHMADU BELLO, THE SARDAUNA OF SOKOTO

''Ina Sardauna? Where is the Sardauna?” Nzeogwu shouted, pointing his gun at him but the man kept shaking his head asserting no knowledge of the Sardauna’s location.

“If you won’t tell me where your master is, I’ll kill you,” Nzeogwu screamed at him in Hausa.

“Okay, okay,” the man replied fearfully and led Nzeogwu to the annex of the building. Three other soldiers followed Nzeogwu while Waribor and the rest returned to the staging area where the guns were manned.

As Nzeogwu approached the adjoining rooms the man was leading them to, he heard screams and cries of women and children.

“We will not allow you out there,” the Sardauna’s eldest wife, Hafsatu, daughter of Mallam Abbas, the Waziri of Sokoto, spoke defiantly.

“But I have to go. They are here for me not for you. You have to be strong. I have to go out there,” the Sardauna pleaded. The other wives, with their children, were rattling their prayer beads in the midst of sobs.

As the Sardauna turned to go, Hafsatu held him firm in a tight embrace and wouldn’t allow him move. Zaruni, the Sardauna’s head of guard came in and alerted the Premier that the soldiers were approaching the annex but promised to defend the family with his life and that of his men.

“Zaruni, I know you must do your duty but my safety is in God's hands,” the Sardauna said.

“No, you can’t die, you won’t die,” Hafsatu screamed in Hausa.

As she was crying, they heard gunshots outside. At this moment, Zaruni drew his bow and stood guard before the Sardauna and his family. With another sound of gunshots from his SMG, Nzeogwu kicked hard at the doors with his boots, which flung open and on sighting Zaruni, shot the poor guard who dropped dead at once, with his bow and arrows.

In the midst of the dark and screams of the women and children, Nzeogwu shouted, “Where’s the Sardauna?” But the women would not allow him move. Even the children were clinging to their mothers.

At last, the Premier managed to wriggle himself free from his wives but the eldest, Hafsatu, held on to him as he spoke.

“I am Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto and the Premi…” With those words, Nzeogwu shot thrice at him; a bullet hitting his jaw, his wife, Hafsatu and his babaringa which penetrated his lower abdomen and lodged in his spinal cord.

The Sardauna and his wife fell with a loud thud to the screams of the women and children at the loudest decibels. It was music to Nzeogwu’s ears. The mission had been accomplished. He had satisfied his blood lust and his enraged eyes were returning to their former calm state. He blew the whistle to signal the end of the mission. Operation Damisa had finally come to an end.

As he approached the gate, he met Waribor and his men of the Charlie Company.

“Did you get the man?” Waribor asked.

“Yes, I got him,” Nzeogwu answered assuredly. He turned to the rest of the soldiers after he had got out of the gate and spoke triumphantly, “I have been successful, he’s dead.”

With that, they packed their remnants, got inside their landrovers and proceeded to their next mission unchallenged leaving the Sardauna’s residence in a glory of its former self. It was 2:45am and the harshness of the harmattan had just begun.#HistoryVille #ACBDawn

Source: A Carnage Before Dawn: A Historical Novel On Nigeria's First Coup D'etat by Ayomide Akinbode

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by noblealuu: 6:03am On Nov 23, 2017
Historic. I foresee tribal bashing on this very thread! shocked
Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by onatisi(m): 7:32am On Nov 23, 2017
More pls
Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Sprumbabafather: 7:36am On Nov 23, 2017
Why reminding us while you hide the rest of Nigeria history?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by vedaxcool(m): 7:44am On Nov 23, 2017
Nzeogwu brought in constitutional disorder into the country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by sarrki(m): 8:18am On Nov 23, 2017
vedaxcool:

Sire please say it raw

That's the grandfather of Nnamdi KANU

It simply implies that Kaduna Nzeogwu is Igbos miscreant

Igbos have been the problem of this great country

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Sprumbabafather: 8:20am On Nov 23, 2017
sarrki:

Sire please say it raw

That's the grandfather of Nnamdi KANU

It simply implies that Kaduna Nzeogwu is Igbos miscreant

Igbos have been the problem of this great country

Continue crying

1 Like

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by sarrki(m): 8:23am On Nov 23, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

Continue crying

Igbos are categorized into segments

Igbos miscreant

Igbos occultist

Igbos criminals

Fake Igbos Jew

Igbos fraudster

Igbos traffickers

This and many more

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 23, 2017
sarrki:

Igbos miscreant

Igbos occultist

Igbos criminals

Fake Igbos Jew

Igbos fraudster

Igbos traffickers

This and many more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

4 Likes

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Sprumbabafather: 8:28am On Nov 23, 2017
sarrki:

Igbos miscreant

Igbos occultist

Igbos criminals

Fake Igbos Jew

Igbos fraudster

Igbos traffickers

This and many more

Now, continue wailing, the sound of your screams is sweet grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by efighter: 8:33am On Nov 23, 2017
Dboy55:

“But I have to go. They are here for me not for you. You have to be strong. I have to go out there,” the Sardauna pleaded. The other wives, with their children, were rattling their prayer beads in the midst of sobs.

As the Sardauna turned to go, Hafsatu held him firm in a tight embrace and wouldn’t allow him move. Zaruni, the Sardauna’s head of guard came in and alerted the Premier that the soldiers were approaching the annex but promised to defend the family with his life and that of his men.

“Zaruni, I know you must do your duty but my safety is in God's hands,” the Sardauna said.

As she was crying, they heard gunshots outside. At this moment, Zaruni drew his bow and stood guard before the Sardauna and his family. With another sound of gunshots from his SMG, Nzeogwu kicked hard at the doors with his boots, which flung open and on sighting Zaruni, shot the poor guard who dropped dead at once, with his bow and arrows.

In the midst of the dark and screams of the women and children, Nzeogwu shouted, “Where’s the Sardauna?” But the women would not allow him move. Even the children were clinging to their mothers.

At last, the Premier managed to wriggle himself free from his wives but the eldest, Hafsatu, held on to him as he spoke.

“I am Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto and the Premi…” With those words, Nzeogwu shot thrice at him; a bullet hitting his jaw, his wife, Hafsatu and his babaringa which penetrated his lower abdomen and lodged in his spinal cord.

The Sardauna and his wife fell with a loud thud to the screams of the women and children at the loudest decibels. It was music to Nzeogwu’s ears. The mission had been accomplished. He had satisfied his blood lust and his enraged eyes were returning to their former calm state. He blew the whistle to signal the end of the mission. Operation Damisa had finally come to an end.

Source: A Carnage Before Dawn: A Historical Novel On Nigeria's First Coup D'etat by Ayomide Akinbode

“I am Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto and the Premi…” That was a great man. He died while standing on his feet. The other 'great man' called Emeka Ojukwu declared war and ran to Ivory Coast leaving his people at the mercy of Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba solders. At the end over 3,000,000 Biafran pigs and idiots were used for pepper soup and suya. The other nonentity called Cownu Nnamdi too declared war against the FG, created his own Biafra Security Service and promised his illiterate followers that he will be going to Abuja to bring the President's head. When the President sent his "python' to go and dance for him, he fled, leaving his gullible followers at the mercy of Nigeria Army. What an Irony!

The other time that Aguyi Ironsi was made Head of State after the failure of his coup plotting brothers. The short time he (Aguyi Ironsi) was there, he started implementing Igbo agenda, promoting Igbo solders over superior solders from the North and West. When T.Y. Danjuma, Jeremiah Useni, Murtala Muhammed and other came for Aguyi Ironsi's head, it was Adekunle Fajuyi that stood in the way. Adekunle Fajuyi said that the Head of State cannot be arrested while with him (Adekunle Fajuyi). Adekunle Fajuyi said that over his dead body will Aguyi Ironsi be arrested. The Hausa/Fulani will hear none of that, they pumped bullets into Adekunle Fajuyi and took Aguyi Ironsi away. That was a great man - Adekulne Fajuyi.

Awolowo believed so much in the composing tribes of Nigeria. He said that there are no Nigerians but Yorubas, Hausas, Ibos, Ijaws e.t.c. Awolowo said Nigeria is just a mere geographical location, he preached regionalism. At the time Awolowo was saying this, Nnamdi Azikiwe colluded with Abubakar Tafawa Balewa to put Awolowo in jail, they continued shouting 'One Nigeria'. so, few years after when Emeka Ojukwu started talking about splinting the country, Awolowo knew he could not trust either the Hausas nor the Igbos, so he watched while the two groups slaughter themselves and at the end came in and ended the war with his (Awolowo) superior war strategies.

4 Likes

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by initiate: 8:34am On Nov 23, 2017
and who was there at the frontline to record this "very accurate blow by blow account"? some illiterate soldier?

and which doctor carried out the autopsy to confirm the "bullet lodged in the spinal cord"?

do you really make money from all these stupid sensational news?

3 Likes

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2017
vedaxcool:
grin grin
Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by ProWalker: 8:41am On Nov 23, 2017
Igbos killed
Sardauna
Tafawa Balewa
Maimalari
The beginning of Nigeria's woes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 23, 2017
efighter:

“I am Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto and the Premi…” That was a great man. He died while standing on his feet. The other 'great man' called Emeka Ojukwu declared war and ran to Ivory Coast leaving his people at the mercy of Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba solders. At the end over 3,000,000 Biafran pigs and idiots were used for pepper soup and suya. The other nonentity called Cownu Nnamdi too declared war against the FG, created his own Biafra Security Service and promised his illiterate followers that he will be going to Abuja to bring the President's head. When the President sent his "python' to go and dance for him, he fled, leaving his gullible followers at the mercy of Nigeria Army. What an Irony!

Awolowo believed so much in the composing tribes of Nigeria. He said that there are no Nigerians but Yorubas, Hausas, Ibos, Ijaws e.t.c. Awolowo said Nigeria is not a mere geographical location, he preached regionalism. At the time Awolowo was saying this, Nnamdi Azikiwe colluded with Abubakar Tafawa Balewa to put Awolowo in jail, they continued shouting 'One Nigeria'. so, few years after when Emeka Ojukwu started talking about splinting the country, Awolowo knew he could not trust either the Hausas nor the Igbos, so he watched while the two groups slaughter themselves and at the end came in and ended the war with his (Awolowo) superior war strategies.
This is a summary of how Lagos became no mans land grin

2 Likes

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 23, 2017
Dboy55:
OPERATION DAMISA: ASSASSINATION OF SIR AHMADU BELLO, THE SARDAUNA OF SOKOTO

''Ina Sardauna? Where is the Sardauna?” Nzeogwu shouted, pointing his gun at him but the man kept shaking his head asserting no knowledge of the Sardauna’s location.

“If you won’t tell me where your master is, I’ll kill you,” Nzeogwu screamed at him in Hausa.

“Okay, okay,” the man replied fearfully and led Nzeogwu to the annex of the building. Three other soldiers followed Nzeogwu while Waribor and the rest returned to the staging area where the guns were manned.

As Nzeogwu approached the adjoining rooms the man was leading them to, he heard screams and cries of women and children.

“We will not allow you out there,” the Sardauna’s eldest wife, Hafsatu, daughter of Mallam Abbas, the Waziri of Sokoto, spoke defiantly.

As he approached the gate, he met Waribor and his men of the Charlie Company.

“Did you get the man?” Waribor asked.

“Yes, I got him,” Nzeogwu answered assuredly. He turned to the rest of the soldiers after he had got out of the gate and spoke triumphantly, “I have been successful, he’s dead.”

With that, they packed their remnants, got inside their landrovers and proceeded to their next mission unchallenged leaving the Sardauna’s residence in a glory of its former self. It was 2:45am and the harshness of the harmattan had just begun.#HistoryVille #ACBDawn

ds story is so one sided dat even a northerner couldnt have written it better
tufia

1 Like

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 23, 2017
vedaxcool:
But. . .but. . . but Nzeogwu was from Niger Delta.
And Niger Deltans are not Igbos grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by sarrki(m): 8:48am On Nov 23, 2017
zenmaster:

This is a summary of how Lagos became no mans land grin

Igbos are frustrated now
Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 23, 2017
sarrki:

Igbos are frustrated now
Igbo amaka
Biafra is better than the zoo

2 Likes

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 23, 2017
ProWalker:
Igbos killed Sardauna Tafawa Balewa Maimalari The beginning of Nigeria's woes
erm the army killed dem not igbos igbos occupied d officer corps while hausas occupied d infantry

1 Like

sarrki:

Igbos are frustrated now

2 Likes

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by sarrki(m): 8:50am On Nov 23, 2017
zenmaster:

But. . .but. . . but Nzeogwu was from Niger Delta.
And Niger Deltans are not Igbos grin

E claimed delta

He's from nnewi
Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 23, 2017
sarrki:

E claimed delta

He's from nnewi
OK
Support Igbos in Lagos and stop hating

3 Likes

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 23, 2017
zenmaster:
But. . .but. . . but Nzeogwu was from Niger Delta. And Niger Deltans are not Igbos grin
too much propaganda has dem confused dy cant remember dia statements anymore

1 Like

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by sarrki(m): 8:51am On Nov 23, 2017
zenmaster:

Igbo amaka
Biafra is better than the zoo

Where is the fraudster commander

Of the 2nd Igbos battalion ?
Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 23, 2017
ProWalker:
Igbos killed
Sardauna
Tafawa Balewa
Maimalari
The beginning of Nigeria's woes
Ademoyega was a Yoruba man
Stop lying

3 Likes

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 23, 2017
leezzz:

too much propaganda has dem confused
dy cant remember dia statements anymore
This is the main problem with sarrki and alariiwo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by sarrki(m): 8:56am On Nov 23, 2017
zenmaster:

This is the main problem with sarrki and alariiwo

We won't allow Igbos miscreants to return us to stone aged times
Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by ProWalker: 8:58am On Nov 23, 2017
zenmaster:

Ademoyega was a Yoruba man
Stop lying

Who did he kill?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 23, 2017
sarrki:

We won't allow Igbos miscreants to return us to stone aged times
This means you will support Oba of Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 23, 2017
ProWalker:

Who did he kill?
Read Ademoyegas book and stop spreading rumors.
He was part of the Nzeogwu group from the beginning.

2 Likes

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by wakaman: 8:59am On Nov 23, 2017
Without sentiments and further embellishments this event is one of the pillars of disunity in Nigeria.

I wish we could wish it away.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gbenga Daniel Names Spotted In Buhari Ministerial List / Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor / Amosun Commiserates With Kashamu Over Mother's Demise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.