Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,889 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:57 AM

Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria (19852 Views)

Chuka Iwobi: Alex Iwobi's Father Celebrates His Son Over Russia 2018 World Cup / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Africa Zone Qualifiers: Full Results Of Match Day 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by robosky02(m): 11:37am On Nov 23, 2017
Loew rates Morocco higher than Nigeria

Germany Coach, Joachim Loew sees Morocco as the most dangerous team from Africa going to the World Cup despite the fact that Nigeria was the first team to make it to Russia from the continent, reports owngoalnigeria.com.

Sharing his expectations of the World Cup yesterday, the coach of the reigning world champions said of all the five teams from Africa Morocco stands out because of the quality of its players and football.

Germany will be in action in the World Cup 2018 in Russia and Loew while speaking on their chances and options available to him ahead of the championship also shed lights on teams he expect to do well at the World Cup.

“We know some very good teams from all over the World are coming, like in Africa Morocco did well in the qualifying series and they will be the team most people would be expecting to pull surprises from Africa,” he said.

Morocco, just like Nigeria, stayed undefeated throughout the qualifying series but unlike Nigeria they didn’t concede a single goal.

Meanwhile, after impressing in the defeat of Argentina last week, ADO Den Haag defender, Tyronne Ebuehi is dreaming of a place in Nigeria’s squad at the World Cup.

The full-back replaced Shehu Abdullahi after the interval as Gernot Rohr’s men overcame a two-goal deficit to secure a 4-2 win over Jorge Sampaoli’s men in a friendly encounter in Krasnodar.

Despite coming up against Paris Saint-Germain’s Angel Di Maria and AS Roma winger, Diego Perotti, Ebuehi gave a solid performance defensively – and was also a reliable offensive outlet, on the right wing.

And the Dutch-born player believes he has done enough to convince the Super Eagles’ selectors of his talent of his chances to be in next year’s showpiece in Russia

“I think it went well, I have a lot of speed and I try to get a lot,” Ebuehi told NOS .

“I did not contribute that much. I think I left a good impression, it would be nice to be part of that World Cup next year.”

After opting to represent his fatherland, the former Netherlands youth international made his debut for the Super Eagles in a 3-0 win over Togo on June 1.

Although he was part of the squad that secured the country’s sixth World Cup appearance, he is yet to win any competitive cap for the Super Eagles as his outings have all come in friendlies.

At ADO Den Haag, Ebuehi has played all 12 games in the Dutch Eredivisie this term and will be looking to help Alfons Groenendijk’s side pick maximum points from the GelreDome when they play Vitesse on November 26.

https://guardian.ng/sport/loew-rates-morocco-higher-than-nigeria/

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by taiyesoul(f): 2:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
Be deceiving yourself.You are stylishly saying Germany prefers being grouped with Morocco instead of Nigeria abi?.Simply put,Germany is afraid of playing Nigeria.

The bloke below me tho. grin

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by fecta: 2:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
Ayam finished oooo
Taiye soul abi wats your name i will find you watin happen since morning i dey carry 2nd .

Anyways
If they like let them rate us anyhow we will win the world cup

OyaTaiye show thyself

17 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Sirheny007(m): 2:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
Before we call for his head,
Let us bear in mind he has spoken the truth.

9 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by midehi2(f): 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by ehispapa(m): 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
seconded, i followed the morrocan team during qualification and honestly they are a more compact team than eagles.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
Buhari sef angry

6 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by meshach110: 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2017
Them pass us na
Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Oluwabenjamin(m): 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
See what Buhari has caused now

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by zeekeyboy: 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
Chai
Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by NLbully(m): 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
That ball scratcher no sabi wetin him dey talk Shey him sabi wetin Morocco be self angry

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Sheun001(m): 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
Sirheny007:

you deserve a bottle of cold stout
you try some fools now will Start coming for the man whereas he has said the plain truth

5 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by kay29000(m): 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
Hmm
Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Sirheny007(m): 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
Sheun001:

you deserve a bottle of cold stout
you try some fools now will Start coming for the man whereas he has said the plain truth

Thank you bro.
I drink Harp
angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by tino22(m): 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
Oya na.. No wahala na the World Cup we go take know
Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by winkmart: 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
YES THEY HAVE A BETTER TEAM BECAUSE THEY HAVE A COACH WITH SO MUCH PEDIGREE

2 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Sheun001(m): 3:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
Sirheny007:

Thank you bro. I drink Harp angry
on its way grin

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Sheun001(m): 3:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
Sirheny007:

Thank you bro. I drink Harp angry
on its way grin

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by MorataFC: 3:02pm On Nov 23, 2017
I pray that God will give us favour comes 2018 to surprise everyone and keep all these ranters sealed lips.

5 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by MorataFC: 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2017
Sirheny007:
to himself abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Udeh402017(m): 3:04pm On Nov 23, 2017
Very true!!Morocco is the best world cup qualifying team from Africa.Imagine not conceding a single goal and stopping Ivory coast from qualifying.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Nonnyflex(m): 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2017
I want Nigeria to catch Germany

3 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by wristbangle: 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2017
He spoke the truth. The Morocco team are more lethal and tactical to Nigerian team. There is a lot to do in order to improve our defence and mid field. We will get there one day.

4 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by HumbleGee(f): 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2017
Coming from who let us meet the morocco first..they wil knw

3 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by clevvermind(m): 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2017
OK. let's have a friendly match with Morroco and let's see who will win.

2 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by ruggedtimi(m): 3:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 3:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
wristbangle:
He spoke the truth. The Morocco team are more lethal and tactical than Nigerian team. There is a lot to do in order to improve our defence and mid field. We will get there one day.
lol....more lethal?

How many goals did they score? Which teams did they play against?

Nigeria was the most lethal team this third round of qualifiers, but Morocco had the best defense.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Luukasz(m): 3:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
Let anybody rate whatever they want too, its just word of mouth. The leg and result will do the talking on the pitch

5 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 3:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
Udeh402017:
Very true!!Morocco is the best world cup qualifying team from Africa.Imagine not conceding a single goal and stopping Ivory coast from qualifying.
who is Ivory Coast? We stopped Algeria and Cameroon from qualifying, Cameroon that won AFCON this year, both teams were in the last two World Cups

This Ivorian team is nothing compared to the CIV of Toure, Drogba and Kalou, do not think Zaha, Aurier and Bailly have that fighting spirit those guys had.

This CIV team is a downgrade to that last team just like this Algerian team is a shadow of what they were when they ended Egypt's chances four years ago.

You people will agree to anything from a white man and won't even analyse properly.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by wristbangle: 3:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
safarigirl:
lol....more lethal?

Nigeria was the most lethal team this third round of qualifiers, but Morocco had the best defense.

I thought they scored more goals to Super eagles.

I agree they are the team with the best defense which makes them more tactical to SE. It takes a balanced mid field and strong defence formation not to concede a goal.

6 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by JamesReacher(m): 3:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
safarigirl:
who is Ivory Coast? We stopped Algeria and Cameroon from qualifying, Cameroon that won AFCON this year, both teams were in the last two World Cups

This Ivorian team is nothing compared to the CIV of Toure, Drogba and Kalou, do not think Zaha, Aurier and Bailly have that fighting spirit those guys had.

This CIV team is a downgrade to that last team just like this Algerian team is a shadow of what they were when they ended Egypt's chances four years ago.

You people will agree to anything from a white man and won't even analyse properly.

Spare me, Its not about race abeg, every time race just because he disagreed with u

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Luukasz(m): 3:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
safarigirl:
lol....more lethal?

Yeah best defence against teams like Civ,mali and gabon unlike nigeria that had cameroon, algeria, zambia

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

John Terry Signs For Aston Villa / Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea / EPL: Why Liverpool Beat Manchester United 4-0 – Mo Salah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.