Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:00 PM

How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria (26952 Views)

Urgent Vacancies For Van Sales Reps For A Leading Brewery / I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2017
I have a job though, but people always look for better opportunies and higher pay.

This brewery company is PLC. Its listed on the NSE. Its multinational.

I had submitted my CV a long time ago. Can't even remember when I submitted the CV.
So I got an sms and a mail for a test.

Before now, I use to have different CV's for different job vacancies. The CV's are actually based on the job title.
So I had forgotten the CV I sent, even when I saw the test invite and the job title.

I checked all my sent mails, but I couldn't find the mail I sent.

So I went to the test hall. Very tough questions I must say......especially the maths.
After the test, we shared numbers. The test finished around 12 noon. I went back to work.

Around 5pm the same day, I got an sms again for an interview, the next day......obviously I passed the test. So I called one of the guys we shared numbers and he told me he was yet to get the sms.
Early morning the next day, he called me and informed me that he eventually got the sms.

On the day of the interview, we were very few. A lot of the guys we shared numbers did not pass the test.
During the interview, I noticed that some lasted for a very long time and about 1 or 2 were short. Even the guy I called, his own session also lasted for long.

Then I was called in. They already have the CV's. They just project on the wall and ask questions. They were 3 of them.

They asked me to introduce my self. When I started the introduction, they were kinda surprised and in the middle of my introduction, they stopped me and showed me the CV I submitted on the wall.
It was one of my driving experience CV, with just an OND, and driving experiences only. No professional job experience. No Bsc, No masters.

I apologized and I told them that I have a more updated CV, where I have all the above mentioned. They asked me for the soft copy. low and behold, I was not with my updated CV. I told them I have it on my phone and I could go out and get it in a minute. They said there was no need and I should just continue.

I saw the countenance on their faces. It was as if they lost interest in the session. They didn't even ask me much question. Infact my session was actually the shortest. I knew that I had messed up. I failed woefully. I even lost interest myself, when I saw their reactions. One of the interviewer had to stand up during the session.

Today, the guy I called the day I got the sms, called me this evening when I was in the office, that he was called this afternoon and they are starting training on monday next week.

I felt so sad and downcasted. I was just not happy with myself, cos I was actually the cause.
How on earth will I go for an interview without my CV? How on the earth did the mail disappear from my sent mail? How would I go for an interview without being fully prepared?

I messed up big time!

Learn from my mistake guys.

Its part of life though!

Cheers.

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2017
That's life lesson.. What the name of the company so I can apply for sister if possible.. Plz

1 Like

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Kmartt(m): 10:08pm On Nov 23, 2017
Soo touching!

2 Likes

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Greyworld: 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2017
win small lose small

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Ajengogo(m): 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2017
You were just saved the agony of becoming a chronic drunkard... Cheer up man!

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by newyorks(m): 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
AND SOMBORI WILL SAY VILLAGERS NO DEY EXIST

44 Likes

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by JamesReacher(m): 11:13pm On Nov 23, 2017
Human being judging fellow human for a simple human error, its not as if he didnt have a CV.

1. He passed the tough Test which is a major key.

2. I believe he was making a good presentation till they cut him off, didn't even let the nigga finish his presentation but were more interested in a piece of paper.

191 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 4:36am On Nov 24, 2017
smithsydny:
That's life lesson.. What the name of the company so I can apply for sister if possible.. Plz

so your sister be olodo wey no fit do application herself

13 Likes

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 4:36am On Nov 24, 2017
pp802:
I have a job though, but people always look for better opportunies and higher pay.

This brewery company is PLC. Its listed on the NSE. Its multinational.

I had submitted my CV a long time ago. Can't even remember when I submitted the CV.
So I got an sms and a mail for a test.

Before now, I use to have different CV's for different job vacancies. The CV's are actually based on the job title.
So I had forgotten the CV I sent, even when I saw the test invite and the job title.

I checked all my sent mails, but I couldn't find the mail I sent.

So I went to the test hall. Very tough questions I must say......especially the maths.
After the test, we shared numbers. The test finished around 12 noon. I went back to work.

Around 5pm the same day, I got an sms again for an interview, the next day......obviously I passed the test. So I called one of the guys we shared numbers and he told me he was yet to get the sms.
Early morning the next day, he called me and informed me that he eventually got the sms.

On the day of the interview, we were very few. A lot of the guys we shared numbers did not pass the test.
During the interview, I noticed that some lasted for a very long time and about 1 or 2 were short. Even the guy I called, his own session also lasted for long.

Then I was called in. They already have the CV's. They just project on the wall and ask questions. They were 3 of them.

They asked me to introduce my self. When I started the introduction, they were kinda surprised and in the middle of my introduction, they stopped me and showed me the CV I submitted on the wall.
It was one of my driving experience CV, with just an OND, and driving experiences only. No professional job experience. No Bsc, No masters.

I apologized and I told them that I have a more updated CV, where I have all the above mentioned. They asked me for the soft copy. low and behold, I was not with my updated CV. I told them I have it on my phone and I could go out and get it in a minute. They said there was no need and I should just continue.

I saw the countenance on their faces. It was as if they lost interest in the session. They didn't even ask me much question. Infact my session was actually the shortest. I knew that I had messed up. I failed woefully. I even lost interest myself, when I saw their reactions. One of the interviewer had to stand up during the session.

Today, the guy I called the day I got the sms, called me this evening when I was in the office, that he was called this afternoon and they are starting training on monday next week.

I felt so sad and downcasted. I was just not happy with myself, cos I was actually the cause.
How on earth will I go for an interview without my CV? How on the earth did the mail disappear from my sent mail? How would I go for an interview without being fully prepared?

I messed up big time!

Learn from my mistake guys.

Its part of life though!

Cheers.

we don hear your bros
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Khd95(m): 5:05am On Nov 24, 2017
Ur village people dey use state of the art vehicle dey follow u jejelygrin

Even if u must apply for driver...why didn't u put ur true and updated academic qualifications

Abi no be first class I hear say dey drive some of dangote's trucks

Moral of the lesson: honesty even in it smallest form pays

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by enemmo(f): 5:07am On Nov 24, 2017
Thank you for the lesson O.P

Don't feel bad anymore please.

Hopefully, something else will come up.

Cheers.

14 Likes

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by jayloms: 5:12am On Nov 24, 2017
Kinda reminds me of my own experience with one of the multinational oil service firms. During my presentation, I was interrupted in one of the most dramatic fashion I had ever experienced in my life, because, my qualification, at the time, was lower(OND) than what they required(HND) for the role. I was so damn sure of making it, even the HRM(a lady) whom I had caught her attention during her address to us prior to the interview session, became a bit distraught over the whole issue. My morale just drop to zero gan! Lol.

Long story short, I knew right there and then that the road had come to an end on that one. I had to pay the price because somebody wasn't thorough on their job.That's life

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by femi4: 5:22am On Nov 24, 2017
JamesReacher:
Human being judging fellow human for a simple human error, its not as if he didnt have a CV.

1. He passed the tough Test which is a major key.

2. I believe he was making a good presentation till they cut him off, didn't even let the nigga finish his presentation but were more interested in a piece of paper.
Who goes into interview hall without hardcopy of his credentials? OP is already working, so he took the little details for granted

9 Likes

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by femi4: 5:26am On Nov 24, 2017
Khd95:

Even if u must apply for driver...why didn't u put ur true and updated academic qualifications

He was given another chance to present the updated CV but alas, OP didnt have a hard copy at hand.

Moral of the story: Always be prepare, let opportunity meets your preparation.

22 Likes

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 24, 2017
Khd95:

Thanks for your submission.

I have been rejected so many times back then, because of my real qualifications. So I used lesser ones which got me the job. I removed it so as not to be rejected.

Tough situations they say, calls for tough measures......abi na how dem dey talk am? smiley

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:47am On Nov 24, 2017
femi4:
Who goes into interview hall without hardcopy of his credentials? OP is already working, so he took the little details for granted

Not like I took little details for granted. I thought since I passed the test and being amongst the first to be contacted and also with my experience, carrying a hard copy of my CV wasn't that necessary.

But any ways, you still have a point. I guess I took it for granted......or maybe I just don't know what happened to me! As the guys up there have been saying..... Village tins wink

8 Likes

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by femi4: 5:50am On Nov 24, 2017
pp802:

Not like I took little details for granted. I thought since I passed the test and being amongst the first to be contacted and also with my experience, carrying a hard copy of my CV wasn't that necessary.

But any ways, you still have point. I guess I took it for granted......or maybe I just don't know what happened to me! As the guys up there have been saying..... Village tins wink
Rule 2 for interview: Always go with the hardcopy of your credentials even if its a promotion interview

7 Likes

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 24, 2017
femi4:
Rule 2 for interview: Always go with the hardcopy of your credentials even if its a promotion interview

Thank you Sir!

I've learnt my lesson in a painful way............because if I tell you that I actually cried tears, you won't believe it. I've never been this care free

1 Like

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by duduade: 6:25am On Nov 24, 2017
Ajengogo:
You were just saved the agony of becoming a chronic drunkard... Cheer up man!
Abi what if it a sales job and he had a fatal accident
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by MCLION1(f): 6:43am On Nov 24, 2017
Nice one OP. Really inspiring. Better opportunities ahead.

2 Likes

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by tojahh(m): 6:50am On Nov 24, 2017
If we ask the name of the company now you won't say yet you want us to learn from your mistake.

Enjoy your day jor.

1 Like

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 24, 2017
lalasticlala, mynd44,
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 24, 2017
free2ryhme:

so your sister be olodo wey no fit do application herself
if u see opportunity u cant do it for your own sister?

Now who is selfish? Or olodo Rather?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by MaryBenn(f): 7:09am On Nov 24, 2017
grin
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by chily11: 7:09am On Nov 24, 2017
That's because you were thinking of the drinks
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by coolie1: 7:09am On Nov 24, 2017
them they solve maths if u wan become driver again

guy just go drink cool

3 Likes

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by HARDLABOR: 7:10am On Nov 24, 2017
Na we........

11 Likes

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by edeXede: 7:11am On Nov 24, 2017
embarassed

Why wont you fail when you spend most of your time checking Ebuka's agbada and Banky pre wedding photos on nairaland instead of developing yourself..

Scratch that...

I need to be nice..

Hem Op, forget about it, failure is not the end of the road, if one thing, you have added to your experience in life.. It will help shape your decision the next time.

3 Likes

Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by amnesty7: 7:11am On Nov 24, 2017
Congratulations! May u never have a hand in ruining people's lives, homes and health.
Re: How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 24, 2017
based on your story, I will not dream of trusting you with any sort of responsibility.

You mean you are educated up to masters level and you still make rookie mistakes like one villager in Aguleri.

Being contrite doesn't help anything because I am sure you will do the same things again.

Last minute people -- run away from them.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls Help Eeeeee / Three Kinds Of People You Must Run Away From: / HCP- First Bank Technology Bootcamp 3.0 Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.