Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Car Too Fluctuates On Its Own - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Too Fluctuates On Its Own (1224 Views)

2019 Mercedes Benz A-class Now Comes As A Saloon Car Too (photos) / Honda CRV RPM Fluctuates And Jerks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Too Fluctuates On Its Own by Davidlanny: 11:05pm On Nov 23, 2017
Pls help! Toyota camry 1996 idles fluctuates on its own. When I press the brakes it idles to 1200 rpm. When I releases d brake, it speeds and I force press the brakes. Normal adjustment couldn't fix this. What else can I do please.

Pls note that this happens suddenly when I packed from a small ride. No work was done on the vehicle prior to this.

Ur kind assistance will be highly appretiated.
Re: Car Too Fluctuates On Its Own by sultaan(m): 11:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
Look at all the black hoses in the engine bay one of the might have a crack/ hole in it or came loose

Or your throttle cable is hanging up causing the throttle to stay open
Re: Car Too Fluctuates On Its Own by Davidlanny: 9:25am On Nov 24, 2017
sultaan:
Look at all the black hoses in the engine bay one of the might have a crack/ hole in it or came
Or your throttle cable is hanging up causing the throttle to stay open

Thx bro but none of these is d issue as all is intact. Throttle closes fully. When I out in gear d rpm moves from 1000 to 1200 and d impact is much on d engine hood as a loud noise is heard. All mounting r fine though
Re: Car Too Fluctuates On Its Own by sultaan(m): 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
Davidlanny:
Pls help! Toyota camry 1996 idles fluctuates on its own. When I press the brakes it idles to 1200 rpm. When I releases d brake, it speeds and I force press the brakes. Normal adjustment couldn't fix this. What else can I do please.

Pls note that this happens suddenly when I packed from a small ride. No work was done on the vehicle prior to this.

Ur kind assistance will be highly appretiated.

I don't know what you call normal adjustments, but everything you said is a classic symptom of vacuum leak or clogged IAC on the throttle body, when you say idles at 1200 it is either a frayed throttle cable or some quack adjusted the idle speed
Re: Car Too Fluctuates On Its Own by Davidlanny: 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
sultaan:

I don't know what you call normal adjustments, but everything you said is a classic symptom of vacuum leak or clogged IAC on the throttle body, when you say idles at 1200 it is either a frayed throttle cable or some quack adjusted the idle speed

Ok I will check and get back on your recommendations.
I think it has to do with clogged I AC on the throttle body. I checked but I did not see any leak.
By normal adjustment, I meant increasing d idle or reducing it at d idle screw in front of throttle.
All was fine few days back when I wanted to park I just observed d high idle. No one worked on it prior to this symptoms.
Re: Car Too Fluctuates On Its Own by sultaan(m): 8:34pm On Nov 24, 2017
Davidlanny:

Ok I will check and get back on your recommendations.
I think it has to do with clogged I AC on the throttle body. I checked but I did not see any leak.
By normal adjustment, I meant increasing d idle or reducing it at d idle screw in front of throttle.
All was fine few days back when I wanted to park I just observed d high idle. No one worked on it prior to this symptoms.

You should never adjust the screws it will only cause more problems you cab try to return it to original position and scan your car.don't do guess work
Re: Car Too Fluctuates On Its Own by Davidlanny: 6:37am On Nov 25, 2017
sultaan:

You should never adjust the screws it will only cause more problems you cab try to return it to original position and scan your car.don't do guess work

Thx bro. I will scan this morning.

(1) (Reply)

The New G Wagon Is Fully Redesigned / SEE The Lmost Reliable CAR ENGINE Manufacturers / Sharp Toyota Camry 08 1.8M Negotiable. 07067125918

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.