Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:10 PM

Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) (20964 Views)

President Buhari Laughs As Masked Osinbajo Meets Him For Briefing (Photos) / Dogara Meets With APC Lawmakers Over House Of Representatives Speakership / Man Who Trekked For Governor Wike Arrives Port-Harcourt, Meets Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by zoba88: 7:43am On Nov 24, 2017
I pray for the peace of Nigeria, Pope Francis tells Speaker Dogara

His Holiness, Pope Francis, has said that he has been praying for the peace and stability of Nigeria.

The Pope made this known when he met with the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon  Yakubu Dogara, in Saint Peters Square, Vatican City.

The Speaker had led Nigerian delegation to the Holy See for a morning mass where nationals and leaders from different countries of the world gathered to join His Holiness for the devotion and receive blessings from the Pontiff.

Dogara who described the meeting with Pope Francis as "awesome", stated that he was pleasantly surprised  and  delighted to know that the pontiff is well informed about the happenings in Nigeria.

The moment I was introduced to him as the Speaker of the Nigerian Parliament, he said "how is Nigeria and how  are you working for the peace of Nigeria?"

"Pray for me also"

Pope Francis then told the Speaker that he always prays for the peace of Nigeria saying, " I pray for the peace of Nigeria and pray for me also".

The Speaker was accompanied by the Nigerian Ambassador to the Holy See, General George Godwin Umo (rtd) who disclosed that the Pope has been holding mass in honour of the 26 Nigerian girls that died in the Mediterranean sea while trying to enter Italy few weeks ago.

Hon Dogara is in Italy on the invitation of the President of the Italian Chamber of Deputies, Ms Laura Boldrini,  for an international conference on "Human Trafficking and women empowerment: The Partnership between Nigeria and Italy."

Attached Pictures:

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara,  exchanging pleasantries with His Holiness, Pope Francis,  at Saint Peters Square, Vatican, Rome when the Speaker met with the Pontiff.  Picture: Speaker's Media Office.

Turaki Adamu Hassan
Special Adviser to the Speaker (Media & Public Affairs )
November 23,  2017.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/11/i-pray-for-peace-of-nigeria-pope.html?m=1

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by 40kobo77: 7:47am On Nov 24, 2017
I don hear.

If na by prayers, the conmen parading as Daddy this G.O or Daddy that G.O in Nigeria would have solved our problems.

10% of Nigeria's wealth is with these three churches(Redeemed Church,Winners Chapel,Christ Embassy) the other churches combined hold another 10%.

Our churches are the richest in the World,yet the Country suffers. We don't need the Pope's prayers, we need to beg our corrupt Pastors like the corrupt politicians to release our money back to us.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by TANTUMERGO007(m): 7:51am On Nov 24, 2017
Holy Father Pope Francis

May God keep you as a gift to your people

Continue to lead us on the right path on earth as Christ representative

May God grant you wisdom to lead us in love

Through the intercession of the Mother Mary, the queen of all hearts, intercede on your behalf to her son Jesus Christ.

Saint Pope John Paul II pray for us

May our Mother Mary the queen of all departed souls, the comforter of the afflicted, refuge of sinners and queen of Nigeria, accept the departed souls and also console the country, Amen.

May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercies of God rest in peace

143 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by OnowuOra(m): 7:51am On Nov 24, 2017
OK too
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by Heylius(m): 7:51am On Nov 24, 2017
The only saint among the thieves, his holiness... i really love this man.

26 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by Lionbite(m): 7:52am On Nov 24, 2017
Ok
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by Bari22: 7:57am On Nov 24, 2017
Please pray again, we still doesn't have peace
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by Diiet: 8:03am On Nov 24, 2017
40kobo77:
I don hear.

If na by prayers, the conmen parading as Daddy this G.O or Daddy that G.O in Nigeria would have solved our problems.

10% of Nigeria's wealth is with these three churches(Redeemed Church,Winners Chapel,Christ Embassy) the other churches combined hold another 10%.

Our churches are the richest in the World,yet the Country suffers. We don't need the Pope's prayers, we need to beg our corrupt Pastors like the corrupt politicians to release our money back to us.
Incoherent rubbish.
Nothing brainy.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by seunmsg(m): 8:04am On Nov 24, 2017
After stealing so much, they rush to visit religious leaders to help them wash away their sins. Nonsense!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by nerodenero: 8:26am On Nov 24, 2017
It always seem as though Nigeria is a praying nation but that's not true. The number of churches springing up is competing with residential buildings all over the country. Many go to church but very few are faithfully praying, the rest are just bench warmers.

Prayer is good but for it to work, we need to change as a people. We need to prayerfully work and build institutions that would checkmate excesses of the black sheep among us. Prayer is key but the door won't open if we don't insert the key, turn it in the right direction for the door to open. Prayerfully working, changing our attitude positively towards nation-building and we'd for ourselves a better nation, pride for us and a model for other countries to emulate.

7 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by adadike281(f): 8:28am On Nov 24, 2017
Thk u Baba. Please continue to pray for us, just may be, may be God will hear ur prayers and wipe our tears away.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by TANTUMERGO007(m): 8:30am On Nov 24, 2017
seunmsg:
After stealing so much, they rush to visit religious leaders to help them wash away their sins. Nonsense!
He's now a new creature, let's forget his past and look forward to the present and future to see if he's going to steal again.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by Celcius: 10:05am On Nov 24, 2017
Good one.
...just that the prayer may not work until his mind is clean.
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by UbanmeUdie: 10:06am On Nov 24, 2017
shocked

Mtcheeeeew!

Bunch of jokers with nothing to offer to Nigerians.

I hope the handshake with the pope will cleanse Dogara from kwaruption.

Wasteful adventure!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 24, 2017
Amen. Abba, bless us.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by lelvin(m): 10:07am On Nov 24, 2017
Even if the spirits of the 12 apostles are summoned, nothing can help Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by ikorodureporta: 10:07am On Nov 24, 2017
...some met Putin, some Theresa, some Messi........just Passing sha...back then i thot Dogara was a Muslim

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by Skain(m): 10:07am On Nov 24, 2017
Meeting the Pope is nothing to our polithiefcians cos my people are religious but not Godly.
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by Sirheny007(m): 10:07am On Nov 24, 2017
Sua sanctitate Pope Benedict XVI!
ora pro Nigeria ut scire potest pace;
Quod tribalism, nepotism, et superstitio ut religionis evanescet!
Ora pro Nigeria principes eius corrumpere; iuvenum primos crastinus pro quoniam.

angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by teresafaith: 10:08am On Nov 24, 2017
Hshd
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by PointZerom: 10:08am On Nov 24, 2017
40kobo77:
I don hear.

How much have you given to them?
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by id4sho(m): 10:08am On Nov 24, 2017
iPod food don
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by asawanathegreat(m): 10:09am On Nov 24, 2017
Please we need his holiness prayers to survive in dis country

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by Lalas247(f): 10:09am On Nov 24, 2017
Hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by lilfreezy: 10:09am On Nov 24, 2017
Nigerian politicians will always pray instead of actually doing something undecided

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by PointZerom: 10:10am On Nov 24, 2017
Heylius:
The only saint among the thieves, his holiness... i really love this man.

With his head covered even in the church, saint indeed.
Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by Cosmore9(m): 10:11am On Nov 24, 2017
God bless His Holiness "Pope Francis" and God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by wunmi590(m): 10:12am On Nov 24, 2017
GOD continue to bless you for us papa.

Proud to be Roman Catholic

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) by biomustry: 10:12am On Nov 24, 2017
Many of the Christians sef see d pope as an idolater, but it's none of my business grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Revokes Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail, Orders IPOB Leader’s Arrest / Letter Of Query Issued By Ganduje To Emir Sanusi / Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.