Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,433 members, 7,781,266 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:29 AM

Is Football Betting A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Football Betting A Sin? (1164 Views)

Is Betting A Sin? / Masturbation Is A Sin, No Matter Your View About It / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Football Betting A Sin? by massinola(m): 8:47am On Nov 24, 2017
I need urgent answers from those who know. I was discussing with a friend of mine yesterday and he condemned sports betters in strong terms. Clearly, what I see from his speech is that all sports betters are liable to hell fire. I have checked my Bible to and fro but can't lay my hand on where the Bible condemned betting (I stand to be corrected).
Please any one with clear argument should help out. Not just what you think but back up your argument with biblical quotations.
To me oo it is not a sin as these betting firms are registered business who pay their taxes. Not condemned by the law. Not encouraging it though. But because I don't do it doesn't mean people who do are committing sin.
Please opinions needed
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by Buhari4Hunger: 9:00am On Nov 24, 2017
What if I bet and win 10 million and I give out 5 million to the needy and orphans, is it a sin too?
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by massinola(m): 9:08am On Nov 24, 2017
Mydn44
Lalasticlala (I know this one no be python but just close eye do am)
Help move this to the promise land abeg. I need answers
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by Lirqur: 9:13am On Nov 24, 2017
God is not a God of chance. Why subscribe your life to chance. It's a sin, because it tells about your greed.

1 Like

Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by massinola(m): 9:46am On Nov 24, 2017
Lirqur:
God is not a God of chance. Why subscribe your life to chance. It's a sin, because it tells about your greed.
This is what I hate. I said bible quotations to back your argument and not what you think. If God is not a God of chance, why did the apostles use chance to select Judas's replacement? Acts 1 v 23-26. Please if you don't have biblical backings, allow those who have to comment

1 Like

Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by Lirqur: 10:43am On Nov 24, 2017
massinola:

This is what I hate. I said bible quotations to back your argument and not what you think. If God is not a God of chance, why did the apostles use chance to select Judas's replacement? Acts 1 v 23-26. Please if you don't have biblical backings, allow those who have to comment

grin grin grin Sorry
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 24, 2017
Prov 14:12 "
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Is the answer to your question.
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by massinola(m): 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Is the answer to your question.
My brother, you just quoted a Vogue verse that has no connection with what I'm asking.
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by Ranchhoddas: 4:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Haba bros.
How this take follow join this matter?
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by hopefulLandlord: 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:
grin
no bi by 4ce to ansa na, you won't die if you say "I don't know"
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Haba bros.
How this take follow join this matter?
That's the answer to the question. There are things you think it's right but the end result leads to destruction.
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by Desyner: 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2017
Buhari4Hunger:
What if I bet and win 10 million and I give out 5 million to the needy and orphans, is it a sin too?
? Wtf!
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
massinola:

My brother, you just quoted a Vogue verse that has no connection with what I'm asking.
I quoted the right verse of the Bible to suit what you desire. The list of the flesh leads to destruction
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
its not a sin but it will make u poor and broke stop betting now
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by ochibuogwu5: 10:42am On Nov 22, 2019
Betting is the same as gambling and they are all sin in the sight of God.
He who is not faithful in little things will not be faithful in big things....
1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by brainstorm21(m): 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2019
How can you consider gambling and betting a sin if they didn't even exist when God wrote the Bible?

(1) (Reply)

Tb Joshua Moring Water And Scoan Visit / My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays / ENDTIME] Pastor Orders Female Congregants To Come To Church Without Underwear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.