Stats: 3,148,041 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Strong Receivers Thread - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Strong Receivers Thread (270715 Views)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Redline Satellite Receivers / High Definition Receivers(hd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strong Receivers Thread by twinstaiye(m): 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2010
Discuss about problems and queries on STrong receivers here.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 12:53am On Mar 28, 2010
I have this 53x. If I track Intelsat 7,10ku with it, I'll get up to 90% on it but the signal flunctuates and the pics cracks. I thought its the dish alignment but when I connect another 53x the signal was very stable. Pls what could be responsible 4 this?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by microgiant: 8:47am On Mar 29, 2010
Try deleting all the channels and blindscan again. From my experience atimes the tp and symbol rate changes. eg MBCs on W3A can be gotten on 11.192 or 11.193 if you are on 11.192 and its cracking or freezing atimes rescanning brings out 11.193 which may be more stable

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2010
In addition to what micro said, copy the firmware of the stable decoder to the malfunctioning one, and see if that will solve the problem
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by madas(m): 3:37pm On Apr 01, 2010
@All
Pls gurus in the house I need your assistance, I bought a brand new SRT 4669X two days back, I installed it yesterday the receiver is working as per showing Video(picture) and Audio is okey, but the problem am having with it is that changing from one satellite to another.
I am using two dish (1.8m for nilesat and 90cm for MultiTv) which are both fixed, i connect the two dishes using 1/4 output/input Disecq I committed the two LNB(both KU) to the apropriete pot of the disecq perfectly, but the problem is that when ever am watching a channel on nilesat if I move (change) to a channel on multiTV I will get 'No or Bad signal' respond from that multiTv channel until I use the remote control and switch OFF and ON the receiver before picture will come out, If i move back to the nilesat the same thing will happen until i repeat the above procedure. In order to confirm that my disecq and disecq setting is okey I used my other receiver (SRT 4661X) and test and the disecq is okay because all the channel are responding the way they suppose to work. Pls can any one help me with the solution or suggestion on how to over come this problem?. When I checked the system Information in the menu of the receiver these are the parameters I obtained;
Model: SRT 4669X+
S/W Version: 1.05p (Aug 27 2009)
H/W Version: 1.00
Boot Version: 1.20
CH Version: Aug 26 2009
Thanks in advance.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Enigma(m): 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2010
@madas

Diseqc switches can be temperamental; try different combinations of two ports on the switch until you get a working pair; otherwise, the next cheapest check is another diseqc switch ----- before considering possible, but doubtful, receiver fault.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by nellaluv(f): 11:13am On Apr 30, 2010
Hi guys, i'm an amateur user here and need help. I have a decoder which is STRONG SRT 4663X decoder. i use the dstv smartcard along with the dstv satellite dish with all the dstv channels available and about four free useless channels apart from loveworldplus,lol.
What are the special options available on the decoder for inputting keys for decoded or free channels. Any reply would be appreciated smiley
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 3:31pm On Apr 30, 2010
nellaluv:

Hi guys, i'm an amateur user here and need help. I have a decoder which is STRONG SRT 4663X decoder. i use the dstv smartcard along with the dstv satellite dish with all the dstv channels available and about four free useless channels apart from loveworldplus,lol.
What are the special options available on the decoder for inputting keys for decoded or free channels. Any reply would be appreciated smiley

@ nellaluv
pls check your other post there is a solution for your .ts problems
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by donaremu(m): 11:53am On Jun 14, 2010
Hello Gurus in the house,

Please I need your help.
Some of my Dstv stations have disappeared.
Channels like Supersport Blitz, Supersport Select, African magic Yoruba, Africa magic Huasa on 11.863GHz, 12.052GHz & 11.900GHz have all stopped showing. The signal level is showing red (+-20%). I can still get SS3Ni, MWET, MM1, MM2, ESPN and some others.
I am using a Strong Srt4653X decoder with 90cm dish.

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 9:33am On Jun 15, 2010
Hi Gurus,

I have this Strong SRT4653X which I have been using over a year now but went off all of a sudden when I was tracking W4/W7 and never came on again. My question here is can this decoder still be fixed or this is the end of the decoder.

I beg make somebody help me with information cos one technician has been holding it for over a week now with different story.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2010
Lov4sat:

Hi Gurus,

I have this Strong SRT4653X which I have been using over a year now but went off all of a sudden when I was tracking W4/W7 and never came on again. My question here is can this decoder still be fixed or this is the end of the decoder.

I beg make somebody help me with information cos one technician has been holding it for over a week now with different story.

it may be a power problem,Does it show any standby light (the red light) when plugged into power?if yes then it may be a software problem. if no then the power supply IC may be the culprit. take it to a very good repairer. it will be
fixed.
good luck.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Hotwire(m): 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ twinstaye

@All members,

I have a 9x which I use well but the DVR fuction seem not to work. I can view pix and play mp3 from a flash drive but I cannot RECORD films or programs. I can not also play recorded movies from flash drive. Is my 9x ok? If not what will I do?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 8:06pm On Jun 16, 2010
Thnks my bro
this guy in question has collected 2.5k 4 power pack as he called it and another 1k 4 one IC yet no progress on it or is he playing a fast one on me? I beg mak
e somebody reason with me on this
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 4:50pm On Jun 17, 2010
Lov4sat:

Thnks my bro
this guy in question has collected 2.5k 4 power pack as he called it and another 1k 4 one IC yet no progress on it or is he playing a fast one on me? I beg mak
e somebody reason with me on this

Well here is the problem,
the fact that the guy in question has already tempered with it will not make it easy for the mytv dealers to collect it from you,otherwise i would have told you to take it to them.

the next best thing to do is to get it back from him and look for a reputable technician in town,explain to him your predicament and let us see what happens.

Good luck.

P.S
i know that it is not easy but if you realize that things are not going as planned just close your eyes and save to get a new one. because at the end of it all you may discover that you are spending much more money to repair the box.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 9:14am On Jun 23, 2010
Thank you once again brother.

However the guy has confirmed to me that he has fixed box and it is working now. but if it does not perform properly upon delivery I have no other option than to just buy a new SRT4669X box to start enjoying Mpeg 4 channels like most guys on this thread.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by microgiant: 11:49am On Jun 23, 2010
Hotwire:

@ twinstaye

@All members,

I have a 9x which I use well but the DVR fuction seem not to work.

pressing record button red button with a dot in the middle starts recording. to see list and playback press button below record button (once list is displayed it will start playing the last recorded file. You can scroll down to desired file and press ok.

another way to record is go to epg menu (if there is one available not all broadcasters at present have epg) scroll to desired program and press read button to schedule recording.

I can not also play recorded movies from flash drive. Is my 9x ok? If not what will I do?

most stbs can only play files in trp format, although there are claims some software can convert from other formats to .trp but I have not succeeded in playing the converted files through the stb.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2010
All the best bro. . . All the best.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2010
I need your help o! My 53x just started showing no or bad signal and all the channels deleted except 10 mytv channels. I connected connected another decoder 2 be sure it's not the lnb, the other decoder worked. What could be the cause and What's the solution?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2010
Hello Gurus in the House.

Like I posted here some weeks back concerning my SRT4653X box, the box has been fix by a pro who did the magic in just one day and the box come on. The problem now is the remote control which is not responding to the decoder. my question here now is this, is this another fault or what cos I took out the batteries from the remote and insert it into my DVD remote it works so the problem is not from the batteries.

Please some body should advise me more on this, though I am buying the SRT 4669X today for 16.5k.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by najmgiwa: 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2010
hello lov4sat, move the remote control very close to the decoder and operate it, it will work that way. the 53x remote is not very good.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2010
najmgiwa:

hello lov4sat, move the remote control very close to the decoder and operate it, it will work that way. the 53x remote is not very good.

i agree with najmgiwa,
in addition look into the battery compartment and see if there is a deposit of zinc oxide.it sometimes prevents the cells from powering the remote.
good luck
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2010
najmgiwa:

I use the remote control for the new 69x I just bought and it work with it I am sure the fault is from the box and not the remote

abi wetin you think
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by pofolo(m): 7:51pm On Jul 13, 2010
@ luv,
try opening d box & check if d censor cable is unplug. If pluged, try pointin d remote to d box @ difrent angles.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by zenus(m): 1:10pm On Jul 14, 2010
nice thread
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Hotwire(m): 11:32am On Jul 19, 2010
@ Love4sat

The problem is the sensor in the Decoder. It is either unplugged, dead or there is obstruction from inside. Get a qualified technician to check it. My brand new 4669x is also exhibiting similar problem after just 2 months of usage. I have turned it over to MyTv Technicians. Goodluck brother.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 1:02pm On Jul 19, 2010
Hotwire:

@ Love4sat

The problem is the sensor in the Decoder. It is either unplugged, dead or there is obstruction from inside. Get a qualified technician to check it. My brand new 4669x is also exhibiting similar problem after just 2 months of usage. I have turned it over to MyTv Technicians. Goodluck brother.

Thank you my brother.
that was exactly what the technician said. it is just that I am not ready for it yet as I already have a brand new SRT4669x that I am using to watch Multi Tv for now though I planned using it to do just only tracking while the 4669X will do the watch.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by magaddai(m): 9:35pm On Jul 19, 2010
Pls someone should help me. I'm using Strong 69x on Astra @B. I get good signal on 12617V, 9.999SR (95%) but when I scan, no channels obtained. Pls help, I'm a newbie in this stuff. Thanx to YOU great guys.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by SSaemoenl(m): 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2010
Check if they have change their transponder code and the symbol rate. U can still check that with this website, www.kingofsat.net. cheesy
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by magaddai(m): 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2010
Thanx 4 the reply. But pls how do i work with transponder code if it has been changed.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 9:58am On Jul 20, 2010
magaddai:

Thanx 4 the reply. But pls how do i work with transponder code if it has been changed.

@magaddai
go to your menu using the remote control select manual scan if you are using strong decoder then add the new transponder code if there is any using the add TP button. good luck to you
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Hotwire(m): 10:37am On Jul 20, 2010
@ Magaddai
You did not specify your location. Are you in Naija? Which channels do you want on Astra B? There might be the need for you to Blind scan your 9x.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by magaddai(m): 11:08am On Jul 20, 2010
Thanx Hotwire for the response. I live in Ilorin (Naija) and i wonder if I can get additional channels on Astra 2B apart from MultiTV & Infinity. I said this because 3days ago I did a blind scan @ NIGHT on my 69x on Astra 2B & I got "AIT KADUNA" on 12511V SR 3978 and this showed on the screen - 'EVERTZ 5600MSC' with signal strength of 58, but since then the signal drop down to 27-30 and now showing 'bad signal'. Pls someone can help me out
Thanx.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54