Stats: 3,143,390 members, 7,781,120 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:21 AM

Strong Receivers Thread - Satellite TV Technology (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Strong Receivers Thread (270253 Views)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Redline Satellite Receivers / High Definition Receivers(hd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 1:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
oga pidzo
Please i need info on how to split my strong decoder to be able to watch different chanel using rs 232 cross cable.

I have strong str 4663x and str 4669x
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 3:25pm On Oct 22, 2012
as if this thread is dead. my last question was neva attended to by our guru's in d house. i cari another problem come agin.

i have 4663x when switched d light on the front panel will be blinking and its affecting the picture display on screen. help me pls.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 3:26pm On Oct 22, 2012
Xpset: oga pidzo
Please i need info on how to split my strong decoder to be able to watch different chanel using rs 232 cross cable.

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Pidzo(m): 4:27pm On Oct 22, 2012
Xpset: as if this thread is dead. my last question was neva attended to by our guru's in d house. i cari another problem come agin.

i have 4663x when switched d light on the front panel will be blinking and its affecting the picture display on screen. help me pls.
If its original try downloading original software and upgrade it to see if it improves. Like wise if it is fake use receiver to receiver upgrade to check the result again.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2012
Pidzo:
If its original try downloading original software and upgrade it to see if it improves. Like wise if it is fake use receiver to receiver upgrade to check the result again.

thank u pidzo. i did receiver to receiver no change maybe i will donload d software to try
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 4:46pm On Oct 22, 2012
[quote author
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by tupez(m): 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
how can i knw if my decoder is original or fake?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 9:00pm On Oct 22, 2012
tupez: how can i knw if my decoder is original or fake?

check mytv website
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
Finally i am proud 2 say i have conqured all 90cm ku satelite frm east to west.it was nt easy bt wit d help i got 4rm all FTA thread on nairaland nd d gurus twintaiye nd co.God bless all.nw it tym 2 move on 2 biger dish like 1.8-2.4m dish.pls i'll need all d help i can get in dat area
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2012

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 24, 2012
@all I have a serious
problem with my
decoder,69xii. I noticed
the box hasn't been
showin signal on some
tps notably the etv frequency on astra
4a.infact,each time i
input the tp on the
box,the signal strength
and quality bar drops to
about 40%red.i tried it on other decoders and
the signal came out
readily. 12053 and 12015
frequencies on same
satellite are all good
with 92% quality.i have done factory reset
many times but the
problem still persists.
Can somebody provide
a way out pls?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 9:47am On Oct 24, 2012
How did u input ur sr? Remember it must be ur to 5 digits, if u have 4, you will need to add 0(zero) before the 4digits.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Rextab(m): 7:04am On Oct 25, 2012
habib55: @all I have a serious
problem with my
decoder,69xii. I noticed
the box hasn't been
showin signal on some
4a.infact,each time i
input the tp on the
box,the signal strength
and quality bar drops to
the signal came out
readily. 12053 and 12015
frequencies on same
satellite are all good
many times but the
problem still persists.
Can somebody provide
a way out pls?
get another receiver and try it on the same dish...if it works then ur 69xii is faulty. If if behaves the same then ur dish is not proply set,
NB: to get proper Etv signal make sure Tp 12015 is atlst 80% n above.gud luck
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by jascosix: 11:50am On Oct 31, 2012
habib55: @all I have a serious
problem with my
decoder,69xii. I noticed
the box hasn't been
showin signal on some
4a.infact,each time i
input the tp on the
box,the signal strength
and quality bar drops to
the signal came out
readily. 12053 and 12015
frequencies on same
satellite are all good
many times but the
problem still persists.
Can somebody provide
a way out pls?
hi habib55 I think you may have a leaky electrolytic capacitor in the power pack of your receiver. Check it out!!!!!
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 01, 2012
jascosix:
hi habib55 I think you may have a leaky electrolytic capacitor in the power pack of your receiver. Check it out!!!!!
.tnx,so changing d capacitor will solve d problem,anywa as soon as i can it,i'll feed bk d house
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by jascosix: 10:28am On Nov 01, 2012
I certainly hope so because I had a similar problem with my srt 4661x sometimes ago. If you are lucky you may be able to notice a change in the physical appearance of the capacitor through rupture or something similar. I dont know if srt 4661x and 4669x have the same power pack, I would have suggested you checking on capacitor with parameters as follows 50v 2200uF. It should be the culprit. It is on the secondary side of your power pack. Best of luck.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 10:57am On Nov 01, 2012
Pidzo:
Can you try to download it from here: http://wizkid.persiangig.com/Strong%20Patch%20Software/ wink wink

Good day Oga Pidzo. This software I download last time when I complain of freezing pictures on Jsc+ sport has started again. Is there any update to this one I use before. my receiver is str 4663x

thanks
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by matos(m): 1:51am On Nov 05, 2012
Are you on blackberry and you want to belong to a group of FTA on bb just add me and tell me to invite you to †ђέ group, you can get faster help & response there. Bb pin 2607A779
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 5:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
Xpset:

Good day Oga Pidzo. This software I download last time when I complain of freezing pictures on Jsc+ sport has started again. Is there any update to this one I use before. my receiver is str 4663x

thanks

for days now oga pidzo no respond to my questions abeg na
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Derbyman(m): 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2012
Abeg wetin b d diff btw srt 4930hd nd srt 4940hd. Thanks
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
Xpset:

for days now oga pidzo no respond to my questions abeg na
what software version are you having in that receiver?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 8:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
Pidzo:
what software version are you having in that receiver?

the version is 1.88p
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Pidzo(m): 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
Xpset:
thanks
I seem to be delaying in responding to your problem but there are issues to think about. SRT 4663x is a discontinued model by Strong Technologies which means all recent purchases of this model are FAKE. See: http://www.strong-technologies.com/frmProducts.aspx?catID=36. This means if yours is falling in the group of fake products then there is no solution other than looking for a Chinese release that is working on JSC to do receiver to receiver upgrade. The problem with Chinese copies (or clones) is that they dont follow them with updates in the open forum which leaves the unfortunate buyer with a static and obsolete product. So we need to verify your product's status and choose the appropriate direction before committing ourselves. wink wink wink
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
Pidzo:
I seem to be delaying in responding to your problem but there are issues to think about. SRT 4663x is a discontinued model by Strong Technologies which means all recent purchases of this model are FAKE. See: http://www.strong-technologies.com/frmProducts.aspx?catID=36. This means if yours is falling in the group of fake products then there is no solution other than looking for a Chinese release that is working on JSC to do receiver to receiver upgrade. The problem with Chinese copies (or clones) is that they dont follow them with updates in the open forum which leaves the unfortunate buyer with a static and obsolete product. So we need to verify your product's status and choose the appropriate direction before committing ourselves. wink wink wink

mine is not fake. got it since 2008 and l have checked from stong website
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by roman001: 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
Derbyman: Abeg wetin b d diff btw srt 4930hd nd srt 4940hd. Thanks
4940hd has no patch software i.e no 6969 n can only work wth conax cards While 4930hd has bt my friend i use 4940hd and i need the patch so badly.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Pidzo(m): 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
Xpset:

mine is not fake. got it since 2008 and l have checked from stong website
Which version was working well then? Is the previous version before 188p also misbehaving?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
Pidzo:
Which version was working well then? Is the previous version before 188p also misbehaving?
[quote author=Xpset]

SRT4620XII_4661X_4664X_185p_20120911.zip this is the one i was using before it start misbehaving. l leta use 188p no way
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by simniboma(m): 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2012
Hello sat mate long time, thanks for the good job. being out for some time now.
Just seen a hd receiver (Strong srt 4922) on the market has any one used it. if so wat advantages doe it have
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by profsomebody(m): 12:03am On Nov 08, 2012
gud day @all gurus nd geeks in d house. Am totally new 2 d world of strong bt by reading some posts hia @ nairaland, am naw able 2 do sum scanning nd oda lil tinx. Tanx 4 dat. Bt pls, dia r still some tinz i nid answerz 2. 1st, i av subscribed bt still cant view some channels lyk EWTN, NOLLYWOOD, NOLLYWOODPLUS, E.TV and some odas wen i try, they write 'no access'. 2ndly, i blind scan some satellite nd am able 2 track sum chanels bt wen i try 2 watch, d mesage i get is 'no video/audio. Anoda tin is upgrading, wot z d esence? I use 9x decoda. Tanx in anticipation
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 7:19am On Nov 08, 2012
profsomebody: gud day @all gurus nd geeks in d house. Am totally new 2 d world of strong bt by reading some posts hia @ nairaland, am naw able 2 do sum scanning nd oda lil tinx. Tanx 4 dat. Bt pls, dia r still some tinz i nid answerz 2. 1st, i av subscribed bt still cant view some channels lyk EWTN, NOLLYWOOD, NOLLYWOODPLUS, E.TV and some odas wen i try, they write 'no access'. 2ndly, i blind scan some satellite nd am able 2 track sum chanels bt wen i try 2 watch, d mesage i get is 'no video/audio. Anoda tin is upgrading, wot z d esence? I use 9x decoda. Tanx in anticipation

First what paytv provider did u subscribe for. Because if it's MYTV (which has only about 20 channels, from bbc to fox and nkb world), u cant watch nollywood and co as they are owned by ctl and not mytv. Etv is encrypted for now on nagra 3 and dia's no option of payment now. Ewtn is still very much on (maybe u should rescan ur intelsat 7/10)
When u blind scaned, those channels u got are like dat. Nothings on it. U can as well delete them because dats how it's been for ages.
We only do upgrade wen something is wrong wit ur decoder, or dia's a specific feature of the new software update dat u need. Besides dat, u don't upgrade. NO ONE FIXS SOMETHING DAT AIN'T BROKEN.
Hope this helps. Cheers.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by profsomebody(m): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2012
olenyi:

First what paytv provider did u subscribe for. Because if it's MYTV (which has only about 20 channels, from bbc to fox and nkb world), u cant watch nollywood and co as they are owned by ctl and not mytv. Etv is encrypted for now on nagra 3 and dia's no option of payment now. Ewtn is still very much on (maybe u should rescan ur intelsat 7/10)
When u blind scaned, those channels u got are like dat. Nothings on it. U can as well delete them because dats how it's been for ages.
We only do upgrade wen something is wrong wit ur decoder, or dia's a specific feature of the new software update dat u need. Besides dat, u don't upgrade. NO ONE FIXS SOMETHING DAT AIN'T BROKEN.
Hope this helps. Cheers.

Thanks bro. Bt wen i newly bought d decoda, i usd 2 watch nollywood nd EWTN even witout paying den. And by d way, i jux went to the ofice wia dex recharge nd i was charged 1.9k so, i dnt knw d diff btw mytv subscription nd d oda 1. If i may ask, is it posible to subscribe 4 d 2 so dat i can watch nollywood wit mytv and if so, how much does t cost nd how do i go bout d@? Anoda tin z, z t tru d@ my decoda can serve as modem? Tanx bro
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 1:20pm On Nov 08, 2012
profsomebody:
Thanks bro. Bt wen i newly bought d decoda, i usd 2 watch nollywood nd EWTN even witout paying den. And by d way, i jux went to the ofice wia dex recharge nd i was charged 1.9k so, i dnt knw d diff btw mytv subscription nd d oda 1. If i may ask, is it posible to subscribe 4 d 2 so dat i can watch nollywood wit mytv and if so, how much does t cost nd how do i go bout d@? Anoda tin z, z t tru d@ my decoda can serve as modem? Tanx bro

Seems u are using mytv. Nollywood and co was on before, but dey've been encrypted about two weeks back. If u want to subscribe for it, ckeck for CTL dealers in ur area.
U can't use ur 69X as modem. Some have come here claiming such but non has been able to prove it. If it was 69Z, and the HD decoders with ethernet port, u might be able to view youtube, etc on them. But no browsing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (45) (Reply)

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51