Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. (6764 Views)

Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA / Drug Syndicate Conceals 3,200kg Of Cocaine In Candles / Ndlea Arrests Undergraduate With 13.5kg Of Cocaine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by july123(m): 5:52pm On Mar 25, 2010
HAIR, they say is the beauty of a woman;  and any woman who is blessed with rich hair texture is not only a pride to herself,  but flaunts it jealously anywhere.  However, some like Ms Vivian Chioma Metu, a 39-year-old self -acclaimed economics graduate of Lagos State University and single mother, do not necessarily see anything spectacular about this work of nature and so, threw decency to the dogs and went ahead to criminalize it.

Recently, a bewildered female operative of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos discovered a large chunk of powdery substances which tested for heroine tucked in -between her hair.  The hard stuff which weighed 1.500kg was masterly concealed on the scalp of her head!

Ms. Vivian who was on her way to Guangzhou, China has successfully beaten all the security apparatus at the airport but luck ran against her after a female narcotic operative who admired her richly fixed hair approached her to know where she made it only to discover the strange substance.

On that fateful day, she had arrived the airport full of life;  having checked in her luggages earlier.  At the departure lounge and on an Ethiopian airline queue, Vivian radiated an uncommon glee and confidence, occasionally flogging around her neck and pampering her richly made hair with her long manicured nail.

What preoccupied her mind at the time was the $5,000.00 US that would grease her palm at the successful delivery of the substance unmindful of the fact that the worst moment of life was soon to take place.  At the end of the rigorous search of her luggage, she was given the green light to proceed for boarding and happily she cart-walked, passed some fierce- looking security operatives, smiled lustfully at them, waved bye to her friends who saw her to the airport and moved on.

Moments after, a female narcotic operative approached her and having exchanged pleasantries, casually requested to know the saloon on which the eye-catching hair was made.   As the operative got closer, Vivian became uncomfortable and simply said she made it in one of the salons on Allen Avenue, Ikeja.

The operative admirably  went further to feel the hair and in the process felt a hard portion.  She stopped and became curious.  Asked what was the bump on her scalp, Vivian simply muttered that she had burns on her scalp while fixing the hair and therefore, decided to cover the portion with a black cellophane.   Dissatisfied, the operative excused her to a corner and of course, the bubble got burst.  The bumps had in them,  hard stuff which later tested positive for heroine.  She was promptly arrested and she broke down in tears.

At the airport office of the anti-drug agency, Vivian in an emotion- laden voice confessed that she could not have taken to such criminality but for her ill-health adding that she needed some money to undergo a cancer operation.  She claimed that she had spent so much on her health and that she was tired of borrowing.  “I know that my friends and family members will be disappointed at this but life has to go on.  I need money to pay for a cancer operation abroad.  He who is down need fear no fall.

I am an international business woman but I have been suffering from this terminal disease for a long time now and doctors said it could be operated on overseas.  I need money for this and since that huge sums can not be sourced easily, I have to use what I have to get what I want.  The hair belongs to me, but my health is much more important.  The man I met for assistance told me to deliver this to somebody in China and make good money for myself; and that was it.  I have spent so much money that I no longer have any saving but as it is now, I think I have to resign to fate,.” she lamented.
The Airport Commander of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Alhaji Hamza Umar who described the discovery as shocking however, said this was not the first time women were concealing hard drugs in their hair.

He said this attest to the fact that drug traffickers are running out of tricks following the agency’s efforts at fighting trackers and barons alike to a stand still.   “This is not the first time drug traffickers and their sponsors are concealing drugs in their hair.  They are definitely running out of tricks due to our counter efforts.  This is good for the country because it clearly shows that no drug trafficker will go unpunished.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/03/25/woman-39-conceals-1-5kg-of-heroine-inside-hair/
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by safeact(m): 6:03pm On Mar 25, 2010
D female corps should have fred her, police can never b ur friend.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by oderemo(m): 6:05pm On Mar 25, 2010
what a lucky woman. china would have chopped off your yeye head.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by chidyke77(m): 6:37pm On Mar 25, 2010
Better for her to hv bn caught in Nigeria than China.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by kevoh(m): 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2010
These peddlers have hidden drugs in practically everywhere on the human body,yet they still get caught!
She should thank her stars she got caught in Nigeria and not China if not,
Where next do you want to hide it again,ehn?
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by edoyad(m): 7:16pm On Mar 25, 2010
I hate wigs and all those fake hair stuffs girls like using these days. You'll see them like Jim Henson muppets with the ridiculous things straddling about, i hope the FG bans the rubbish.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by brothlover: 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2010
Ahhhh!!!Womennnnnn!!!!!!!
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by olafolarin(m): 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2010
Disgusting,
She is so lucky she was caught in Nigeria and not in China.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by coolier(f): 7:48pm On Mar 25, 2010
july123:

What preoccupied her mind at the time was the $5,000.00 US that would grease her palm at the successful delivery of the substance

Just that? shocked
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by Fhemmmy: 10:22pm On Mar 25, 2010
China has no mercy on drug traffickers
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:07am On Mar 26, 2010
chei! why didnt she make it to china sef. if caught she would have been sentenced to death by firing squad and her familly would have been made to pay for the bullets before her body is released to the family. china law.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by diehard1: 10:23am On Mar 26, 2010
some people get liver oh! Imagine being caught in china wif drugs? Dat na high way to hell
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by Kadejo(m): 12:04pm On Mar 26, 2010
Make she dey thank God say na niaja dem caught aham. I for say na china, with no doubt, dem go behead her or she dies by firing square.
My Advice to Her, Let her call on the Almighty God, dat one who parted the red sea, who heal the blind Bartemious, He is the one who heal Naaman of is sickness.
Let her cal on dat God.
I belive she is receiving here healing too.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by thameamead(f): 12:20pm On Mar 26, 2010
ode remo:

what a lucky woman. china would have chopped off your yeye head.

LOL
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by thameamead(f): 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2010
Has anyone seen an episode of Nothing To Declare, its an Austrialian documentary, i always laugh my head off because of the extent to which people smuggle drugs, there was dis yeye Nigerian guy that wrapped the drugs round his legs, he got about 6 yrs. he could barely walk because of the weight of the drugs. whatever happened to the Nigerian born British Smuggler, Samanta Orabator. its a good thing she fell pregnant in a Thailand Prison or else she would have faced the firing squad, sillly girl she says was raped and forced to carry drugs by her boyfriend,
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
if the dumb biatch had gotten caught and executed - there would have been so many threads condemning the chinese tongue
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2010
oyb:

if the dumb biatch had gotten caught and executed - there would have been so many threads condemning the chinese tongue
Are you minding them.

@post
39? Yey!!!!
Going to 40 and still like this? undecided
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by otawa: 4:34pm On Mar 26, 2010
if the dumb biatch had gotten caught and executed - there would have been so many threads condemning the chinese

Yes. Because we know' death sentence' do not solve any problem.

USA has death sentence and Uk does not.

You will expect more murders going in UK, no we have more in same USA.

Nigeria has death sentence for armed robbery, but our armed robbery rate has growing tripple since 80s.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2010
^^^ Makes sense actually.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by chosen04(f): 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2010
otawa:

Nigeria has death sentence for armed robber, but it armed robbery has growing tripple since 80s.

GBAM.
Made a ot of sense
Remain blessed
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by Ellyptical: 6:15pm On Mar 26, 2010
otawa:

Nigeria has death sentence for armed robbery, but our armed robbery rate has growing tripple since 80s.

While it may appear brilliant to make flat comparisons, it may also be wise to remember that crime rate is a function of population. The US has a population of over 400million. The UK has a population that is less that the South-West of Nigeria alone.
If you apply the relationship, you may be surprised that the UK has a far more higher crime rate than the US.
I am not in anyway trying to say that death sentence is the solution. I am just trying to clear the air about the remark on crime rate.
Nigeria's case is of the charts. We do not have a functional crime-fighting system so I would not comment on our case. But remember that our population has also exploded over the years. SA has a terrible crime rate because for their 'little' population, the level of crime is off the charts. Same as Jamaica.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by chrisical(m): 11:13pm On Mar 26, 2010
oyb:

Infact somebody in the seat of power would even call the Chinese president a mad man. cool
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:25am On Mar 27, 2010
thameamead:

Has anyone seen an episode of Nothing To Declare, its an Austrialian documentary, i always laugh my head off because of the extent to which people smuggle drugs, there was dis yeye Nigerian guy that wrapped the drugs round his legs, he got about 6 yrs. he could barely walk because of the weight of the drugs. whatever happened to the Nigerian born British Smuggler, Samanta Orabator. its a good thing she fell pregnant in a Thailand Prison or else she would have faced the firing squad, sillly girl she says was despoiled and forced to carry drugs by her boyfriend,

samanta orabator is presently serving her time in a british jail. the laos govt agreed for her to do her remaining time in uk. grin
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by SwtzMinx(f): 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2010
.she must have been dESpeRAte!
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by ibbinfo(m): 2:15pm On Mar 27, 2010
honestly speaking she must be desperately in need of money and the worst is that she did not had a perfect .O.T BEFORE.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by Medlabgirl: 2:20pm On Mar 27, 2010
Everyone sorry for off topic oh abeg; but this is the most recent thread, and I need to get a hold of Seun.

@ SEUN OSEWA. You know my email address; send me an email ASAP pls, include your phone number, and I will call you.

Thanks.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by busoye19: 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2010
Na tip-off, Maybe she no settle well.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by Devonian(m): 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2010
RICHIE BOI:

chei! why didnt she make it to china sef. if caught she would have been sentenced to death by firing squad and her familly would have been made to pay for the bullets before her body is released to the family. china law.

WELL SAID. IF SHE MADE IT TO CHINA AND GOT CAUGHT THERE. SHE'S A DEAD MEAT.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by busoye19: 2:34pm On Mar 27, 2010
That hair wey the Narcotic operative officer dey admire no be ordinary. It might be tip-off from Vivian's enemy. It is unfortunate.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by stephen2(m): 2:49pm On Mar 27, 2010
ABEGIIII,MAKE WE HEAR WORD JAREE, HOW ABOUT THE WOMEN WERE DEY PUT AM INSIDE THEIR TOTO??ABI UNA NEVER HEAR THAT TYPE BEFORE?
*HISS* shocked
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by 0hsisi: 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2010
bikonu she didn't kill anybody.She was just carrying her merchandise on her head.
Re: Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. by akwaowoudo(m): 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2010
It's a pity! All for the stomach. See what empty stomach have caused.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Seems The Hunger In The Country Is Everywhere(pix) / We Will Provide Enabling Environment For Tech Growth In Lagos - Sanwo-olu / Osinbajo: School Feeding Addresses Country’s Nutrition Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.