Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:33 PM

Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money (1879 Views)

What Do Christians Think Of Homo Neanderthals? / OPM Trains Members, Non-members For Free, Use Tithe Money For Sewing Machines / "Pastor Is My Baby Daddy" - Mentally Deranged Woman Provides Photos As Proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Veraatabeh(f): 5:09pm On Nov 24, 2017
For the past few month i have been seeing freezer comment concerning tithe to pastor adeboye. Firstly i want ask wat happened to our adage of "the words of our elder re always right nd wat will take a young man to carry ladder to climb a mountain to see properly an old man sitting on a chair has already see it.Back to daddy freezer that has no respect for an elderly man old enough to be his grandfather let me put it in ur mind tithes dont make pastors rich. Wat is tithes: tithes is a sum of money given by people in church to the pastor. But the question how many Christian pay tithe nowadays those ranting nd shouting check their tithe book they haven't pay anything, frm the little tithe giving to pastor he will used it to build the house of God, pay his minsters nd choirsters and lastly take the rest to less privileged.Tb Joshua, oyedepo etc where do u think they get that money nd foodstuffs to give the less privileged.Muslims re the ones even paying tithes becos they knw they re nt doing it becos of man but God.Mind u those private jets was brought by someone to daddy adeboye nd oyedepo.Christians shld pls stop washing their dirty linen outside for the whole world to see instead we shld leave God to judge.Thanks for giving this small girl privilege to speak on narialand
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by adepeter2027(m): 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
One mumu spotted

5 Likes

Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by adepeter2027(m): 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
Veraatabeh:
For the past few month i have been seeing freezer comment concerning tithe to pastor adeboye.

No be only freezer, na condenser.

Rubbish
Firstly i want ask wat happened to our adage of "the words of our elder re always right"

Are you for real? Words of our elders are always right?
We need to teleport shallow thinkers like you to mercury.
nd wat will take a young man to carry ladder to climb a mountain to see properly an old man sitting on a chair has already see it.

Rubbish.
Hope you ain't wailing about current Nigeria situation.
Back to daddy freezer that has no respect for an elderly man old enough to be his grandfather

While freeze is old enough to be ya father.
let me put it in ur mind tithes dont make pastors rich.

Jesuuuuuuuuuuuu
Wat is tithes: tithes is a sum of money given by people in church to the pastor. But the question how many Christian pay tithe nowadays those ranting nd shouting check their tithe book they haven't pay anything, frm the little tithe giving to pastor he will used it to build the house of God, pay his minsters nd choirsters and lastly take the rest to less privileged.Tb Joshua, oyedepo etc where do u think they get that money nd foodstuffs to give the less privileged.Muslims re the ones even paying tithes becos they knw they re nt doing it becos of man but God.

Too much nonsense above.
Mind u those private jets was brought by someone to daddy adeboye nd oyedepo.

Na your papa buy the jets for Dem àbí?
Christians shld pls stop washing their dirty linen outside for the whole world to see instead we shld leave God to judge.

God himself is a criminal.
Thanks for giving this small girl privilege to speak on narialand
Instead of you to be in the class, here you're wasting ya mama and papa school fees defending some old fools.

Oyah, goan read your books

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Iykmann(m): 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
Muslims give their tithes to the less privileges

1 Like

Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Goodyshoes(m): 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2017
Veraatabeh:
For the past few month i have been seeing freezer comment concerning tithe to pastor adeboye. Firstly i want ask wat happened to our adage of "the words of our elder re always right nd wat will take a young man to carry ladder to climb a mountain to see properly an old man sitting on a chair has already see it.Back to daddy freezer that has no respect for an elderly man old enough to be his grandfather let me put it in ur mind tithes dont make pastors rich. Wat is tithes: tithes is a sum of money given by people in church to the pastor. But the question how many Christian pay tithe nowadays those ranting nd shouting check their tithe book they haven't pay anything, frm the little tithe giving to pastor he will used it to build the house of God, pay his minsters nd choirsters and lastly take the rest to less privileged.Tb Joshua, oyedepo etc where do u think they get that money nd foodstuffs to give the less privileged.Muslims re the ones even paying tithes becos they knw they re nt doing it becos of man but God.Mind u those private jets was brought by someone to daddy adeboye nd oyedepo.Christians shld pls stop washing their dirty linen outside for the whole world to see instead we shld leave God to judge.Thanks for giving this small girl privilege to speak on narialand

He explicitly explained his position in the tithing topic, and not a single Pastor, who said otherwise replied with biblical backing.
Apparently you do not understand the workings of these churches and the whole tithing system.
You really do not have to follow just anyone simply because they're elderly or they're in some position where they talk and people listen. Think and ask questions, and you'd be guided, however slowly, into making rational and informed decisions.

Cheers.
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Veraatabeh(f): 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
adepeter2027:

Rubbish

Rubbish.

Jesuuuuuuuuuuuu

Too much nonsense above.

Instead of you to be in the class, here you're wasting ya mama and papa school fees defending some old fools.

can't u say something reasonable without pouring insults

1 Like

Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Veraatabeh(f): 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2017
adepeter2027:
One mumu spotted
imagine ur capacity

1 Like

Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
[s]
adepeter2027:

Rubbish

Rubbish.

Jesuuuuuuuuuuuu

Too much nonsense above.

[/s]

In spite of the scrutiny you displayed, no iota of sense was made.. Rather the chatter of an inane tot..
My guess was that you would apply some level of intelligence like your cohorts in your articulated critics, instead you countered him with the 'insultive attitude' with no constructive n consequential defense.. oops! what else can I expect from a simpleton wannabe atheist...

Unlike your unrepentant coteries who might want to engage a few Christians in a descant, which of course might end in debate pertaining the subject matter of 'tithes', you appear most to be defecient in knowledge. There's no point you can prove other than spewing insults and throwing tantrums.

1 Like

Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by adepeter2027(m): 6:33pm On Nov 24, 2017
Jacksonville:
[s][/s]

In spite of the scrutiny you displayed, no iota of sense was made.. Rather the chatter of an inane tot..
My guess was that you would apply some level of intelligence like your cohorts in your articulated critics, instead you countered him with the 'insultive attitude' with no constructive n consequential defense.. oops! what else can I expect from a simpleton wannabe atheist...

Unlike your unrepentant coteries who might want to engage a few Christians in a descant, which of course might end in debate pertaining the subject matter of 'tithes', you appear most to be defecient in knowledge. There's no point you can prove other than spewing insults and throwing tantrums.
Are you done.?

1 Like

Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 24, 2017
adepeter2027:
Are you done.?
Am I? You should ask yourself.
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by adepeter2027(m): 6:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
Jacksonville:

Am I? You should ask yourself.
when you're done, alert me.
Until then, view pix

1 Like

Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by expensiveguyman(m): 7:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
I really hold ur daddy in Christ in high esteem but I disagree with him saying that those who don't pay tithe will remain permanent beggars.
Again what is d use of him owning 4 private jet why some of his church members is trekking to church still he wants them to pay tithe.
My advice to everyone is to apply common sense bcoz we're in d age of yahoo pastors
People are now using church as d easy way of making money.
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by petra1(m): 7:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
Veraatabeh:

, frm the little tithe giving to pastor he will used it to build the house of God, pay his minsters nd choirsters and lastly take the rest to less privileged.Tb Joshua, oyedepo etc

Critics often feel that the tithe goes to the pastors account. Not at all Church money doesn’t belong to the pastor .

Mind u those private jets was brought by someone to daddy adeboye nd oyedepo.

That’s what they refused to recognize . Those who criticize ought to check their facts first .

Christians shld pls stop washing their dirty linen outside for the whole world to see instead we shld leave God to judge.Thanks for giving this small girl privilege to speak on narialand

You have spoken well God bless you
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by petra1(m): 7:54pm On Nov 24, 2017
Goodyshoes:

He explicitly explained his position in the tithing topic, and not a single Pastor, who said otherwise replied with biblical backing.
Apparently you do not understand the workings of these churches and the whole tithing system.
You really do not have to follow just anyone simply because they're elderly or they're in some position where they talk and people listen. Think and ask questions, and you'd be guided, however slowly, into making rational and informed decisions.

Cheers.

Daddy freeze manipulated all of you . The tithe to God is different from what is given to the poor . You can read it up here:https://www.nairaland.com/4169634/error-daddy-freeze/8#62626677
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by donnie(m): 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2017
Catholics are he majority Freeze's bandwagon.

Their admin structure may not include a system to allocate the tithes, so Catholics who pay tithes are almost certain they are giving it to the priests direct.... and in many cases, they're correct.

There's still a blessing for those who do it in faith though.
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Goodyshoes(m): 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2017
petra1:

Daddy freeze manipulated all of you . The tithe to God is different from what is given to the poor . You can read it up here:https://www.nairaland.com/4169634/error-daddy-freeze/8#62626677

It's not helpful to assume.
I do not and have never been a subscriber to any of Freeze's messages.

Nevertheless, he raised some salient points on a pertinent doctrine preached by lots of the Pentecostal churches out there. He made some claims; howbeit his own opinions, if you or any other fellow feels threatened by his messages, as relates to the tithing, its trite to offer counter propositions using the Bible, the very Bible you both subscribe to rather than any other actions.

Matter of fairly, the various responses by some pastors who made attempts to counter him only sounded emotional in a bid to protect their investments, and dissuade sheeple from opening their eyes.
Not a single response was backed up with scripture.

So, do not presume that I subscribe to him or any other religious proponent.
I stood from afar and saw a biased perspective.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by petra1(m): 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
Goodyshoes:

It's not helpful to assume.
I do not and have never been a subscriber to any of Freeze's messages.

His point was biblically wrong . Hope you read that link
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Goodyshoes(m): 8:48pm On Nov 24, 2017
petra1:

His point was biblically wrong . Hope you read that link

There's a saying: 'HE WHO ASSERTS MUST PROVE'. .
The onus lies on the one who advances the proposition that tithes should be paid, not on he who opposes.

I'd love you to show, in very clear terms, why tithing is prerequisite to salvation as a Christian.
Except if you feel it isn't prerequisite for salvation as a christian, which would further advance his point that it is not a must neither is it a biblical principle preached by Christ.

Cheers.
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by plainbibletruth: 7:20am On Nov 25, 2017
petra1:

Daddy freeze manipulated all of you . The tithe to God is different from what is given to the poor

You seem fixated on what one man has said even though discussions on this forum have gone way beyond that.

Apparently he has struck a raw nerve with you guys.

Even if - and that's a very BIG IF! - he said something in error as you claim how does that amount to MANIPULATION? To say it is manipulation suggests that he set out from the onset to deceive people. Do you have any evidence for this? How does a man being in error amount to manipulating others? Come on, man!

You still have not been able to prove the Biblical error in his point beyond your saying that he only took ONE out of THREE different types of tithes. If he took one so what? How does that amount to error?

How about what the rest of us have said on this forum?
You've been UNABLE TO refute them!

It is you, when you drop your snippets here and there on this forum that "he's in error" without really proving anything that is being insidious in your ways; you're the one actually trying to MANIPULATE others to go against him and tow your line.

You have been manipulated well before him.
You've been manipulated when you bought the lie that you need to return to the old to run your Christian life.
You had been manipulated when you bought the lie that you need to ADD a regulation from the old to your life of FAITH THAT SHOULD EXPRESS ITSELF IN LOVE. You were manipulated when you were not taught that as a Christian your position IN CHRIST is UNIQUE and SUPERIOR to any system that EVER EXISTED.

It is that manipulation that has made us spend so much time on this so INSIGNIFICANT a matter on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Ranchhoddas: 7:29am On Nov 25, 2017
donnie:
Catholics are he majority Freeze's bandwagon.

Their admin structure may not include a system to allocate the tithes, so Catholics who pay tithes are almost certain they are giving it to the priests direct.... and in many cases, they're correct.

There's still a blessing for those who do it in faith though.
All neutrals can see that Freeze is handing it to you guys hot and thick.
Catholics are not as tithe-hungry as the rest of you lot.
Priests do not live ostentatious lives like your gods of men.
Priests do not harp on money money money everyday.

A person is better of giving his money to priests than to people like Oyaks.

1 Like

Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by connectikut89(m): 9:49am On Nov 25, 2017
Veraatabeh:

You write like a teenager so I'll give you some advice instead of refuting your post. If you are still in secondary school, you're doing great but if you're in the University, then you'll need to start learning asap how to write better, how to organize your thoughts and how to argue. This is the time to improve on your person and not rely on conjectures. There's a compulsory first-year course in our universities called Philosophy and Logic, take it seriously especially the part that has to do with fallacies in reasoning. Apostle Paul used philosophy when he preached the Gospel to the Philosophers at Athens, in case someone here "warns" you against it. You'll thank me later for this as you'll become less dogmatic as you read and be able to sift the serious from the mundane. A lot of your fellow senior tithe apologists have a poor show of objectivity when they discuss tithes and most other issues. Read books that would broaden your scope. Read your Bible too, and then get ready to win souls for Christ. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Veraatabeh(f): 11:36am On Nov 25, 2017
expensiveguyman:
I really hold ur daddy in Christ in high esteem but I disagree with him saying that those who don't pay tithe will remain permanent beggars.
Again what is d use of him owning 4 private jet why some of his church members is trekking to church still he wants them to pay tithe.
My advice to everyone is to apply common sense bcoz we're in d age of yahoo pastors
People are now using church as d easy way of making money.
is having a private jet to hold crusade in other countries a sin, public plane take time nd at times they dont met up in the churches outside Nigeria,other pastor abroad also invites to their churches to preach.A private jet as a gift frm a church member to pastor is it also means yahoo pastor abi. Preaching the word of God in different dimension u can use ur mouth, internet, cars nd jet to preach around the world

1 Like

Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Veraatabeh(f): 11:42am On Nov 25, 2017
connectikut89:

You write like a teenager so I'll give you some advice instead of refuting your post. If you are still in secondary school, you're doing great but if you're in the University, then you'll need to start learning asap how to write better, how to organize your thoughts and how to argue. This is the time to improve on your person and not rely on conjectures. There's a compulsory first-year course in our universities called Philosophy and Logic, take it seriously especially the part that has to do with fallacies in reasoning. Apostle Paul used philosophy when he preached the Gospel to the Philosophers at Athens, in case someone here "warns" you against it. You'll thank me later for this as you'll become less dogmatic as you read and be able to sift the serious from the mundane. A lot of your fellow senior tithe apologists have a poor show of objectivity when they discuss tithes and most other issues. Read books that would broaden your scope. Read your Bible too, and then get ready to win souls for Christ. God bless you
oga dat write like an adult without no direction i hear u
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by petra1(m): 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2017
Goodyshoes:

I'd love you to show, in very clear terms, why tithing is prerequisite to salvation as a Christian.

Cheers.

It doesn't make sense . Nobody ever preached tithe as prerequisite to salvation . Exceot invention of daddy freeze
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by petra1(m): 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2017
Veraatabeh:
is having a private jet to hold crusade in other countries a sin, public plane take time nd at times they dont met up in the churches outside Nigeria,other pastor abroad also invites to their churches to preach.A private jet as a gift frm a church member to pastor is it also means yahoo pastor abi. Preaching the word of God in different dimension u can use ur mouth, internet, cars nd jet to preach around the world

Good point .
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by petra1(m): 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
All neutrals can see that Freeze is handing it to you guys hot and thick.

A person is better of giving his money to priests than to people like Oyaks.

He only preaches about christ in you , have you ever heard him preach on money ? Your false accusations are unfounded
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Goodyshoes(m): 12:58pm On Nov 25, 2017
petra1:

It doesn't make sense . Nobody ever preached tithe as prerequisite to salvation . Exceot invention of daddy freeze

I believe you also are of the opinion that it isn't prerequisite for salvation, why then is it of utmost importance to you or anyone who preaches it?, since you agree that:
1. It's not prerequisite to salvation.
2. Jesus did not preach it.

Why then should it be enforced on the steeple, except you infer that doctrines not necessary for salvation should be priority. .

Any neutralist would see that this Daddy Freeze message hit a raw nerve amongst pastors and tithe collectors, and all the responses so far are simply to protect pastoral investments by dissuading the steeple from learning the truth.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Goodyshoes(m): 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2017
Veraatabeh:

You get this wrong.
It, apparently, is not a sin to own private jets, whether or not they're used for the purpose of preaching. What is rather wrong is the mass psychological manipulation employed in the sourcing of the funds used in making the purchase.
You'd, for example, see cases where a pastor would tell how rich he is, or his net worth estimated by such things as private jets and schools etc.
It's apparent that the pastor has no work besides deploying persuasive skills in coercing the sheep to part with their hard earned money.
How then was the funds gotten if not from the collections from members.

Pastors preach and ride big cars and private jets when you have terribly poor members dropping their meagre offering every Sunday and going home hungry. .
Give these things a second thought.
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by petra1(m): 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2017
Goodyshoes:

I believe you also are of the opinion that it isn't prerequisite for salvation, why then is it of utmost importance to you or anyone who preaches it?, since you agree that:
1. It's not prerequisite to salvation.
2. Jesus did not preach it.

Cheers.

Very funny .Firstly christians already have Salvation . It’s only those who are saved that can serve God by the practice of Godly principle .

Secondly it is erroneous to say something should not be preached because it’s not prerequisite to Salvation . Let me ask you a question . Is fasting prerequisite to Salvation ? Should it be preached ?
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Goodyshoes(m): 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2017
petra1:

Very funny .Firstly christians already have Salvation . It’s only those who are saved that can serve God by the practice of Godly principle .

Secondly it is erroneous to say something should not be preached because it’s not prerequisite to Salvation . Let me ask you a question . Is fasting prerequisite to Salvation ? Should it be preached ?

I haven't said doctrines that don't lead to salvation shouldn't be preached.
Those are two mutually exclusive notions.
I mean, rather, that tithing and similar money collection schemes are not necessary for a christian to go to 'heaven'. .
They are strictly old testament doctrines, and were not advanced by Christ as written.
I want you, if you will, to show where He advanced that. Using any reference you choose.
If you, as a christian, is verily bothered about the salvation of man, then material things like money and tithes wouldn't be a priority and you wouldn't feel hurt when the notion/doctrine is challenged, whether or not it's challenged by a Christian.

Cheers.
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by petra1(m): 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2017
Goodyshoes:

I haven't said doctrines that don't lead to salvation shouldn't be preached.

So what’s your point then because it’s all sounding contradictory to me

Those are two mutually exclusive notions.
I mean, rather, that tithing and similar money collection schemes are not necessary for a christian to go to 'heaven'

So who says it takes people to heaven . Is it only things that take people to heaven you preach . Does fasting take people to heaven? Does intercession take people to heaven ? Does it mean you don’t teach on such ?

They are strictly old testament doctrines, and were not advanced by Christ as written

What is the old testament doctrine ?

I want you, if you will, to show where He advanced that. Using any reference you choose.

I still don’t get you . I don’t believe I’m heading. What I seem to be hearing . What’s all these issues about proving what take to heaven or not

If you, as a christian, is verily bothered about the salvation of man, then material things like money and tithes wouldn't be a priority and you wouldn't feel hurt when the notion/doctrine is challenged, whether or not it's challenged by a Christian.
Cheers.

The kingdom of God is broad . You don’t just seat on one corner of the road . Worshiping God with your substance is part of Gods kingdom . Living in dominion , Living in health , prosperity, Dominion’ over sin are all part of the package .

3 John 1:2
2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
Re: Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money by Goodyshoes(m): 9:34pm On Nov 25, 2017
petra1:

So what’s your point then because it’s all sounding contradictory to me

So who says it takes people to heaven . Is it only things that take people to heaven you preach . Does fasting take people to heaven? Does intercession take people to heaven ? Does it mean you don’t teach on such ?

What is the old testament doctrine ?

I still don’t get you . I don’t believe I’m heading. What I seem to be hearing . What’s all these issues about proving what take to heaven or not

The kingdom of God is broad . You don’t just seat on one corner of the road . Worshiping God with your substance is part of Gods kingdom . Living in dominion , Living in health , prosperity, Dominion’ over sin are all part of the package .

3 John 1:2
2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

My post was succinct enough. . .
We shouldn't over flog this issue, as you seem bent on enforcing this religious act- TITHING into the minds of the sheeple.
My son, I hope you do not assume that I'm a preacher, as I clearly am not. I say this because of the series of questions you asked earlier on what I preach.

If you must preach, learn to let go of material and financial gains, whether they come in the form of tithing or what not.

Nice chatting.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome-gays/lesbians Are Mentally Deformed & Need Urgent Help(video) / Be Alert / she asked me to leave My Church Before We Get Married,i did, now She's Gone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.