Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

How To Make Your Monthly Data Plan Last Longer On Your Smartphone - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Make Your Monthly Data Plan Last Longer On Your Smartphone (636 Views)

9mobile Introduces 1GB For N200 Data Plan, See Details / New Airtel Data Plan Gets You N100 For 2gb And N500 For 10gb / Cheapest Glo Daily And Monthly Data Plans For December 2017; #1000 For 4GB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Monthly Data Plan Last Longer On Your Smartphone by nikoronuel(m): 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
Before writing this post , i use to have a very big problem when it comes to managing data plans , i always taught something was wrong with the network provider's data plan because of the way it finishes up so quickly without reaching the due validity period . After much anger at heart i decided to ask friends and close relative about their data plan and how it last up to a month of usage , and i found out that the problem was with me .

The problem was with me in the sense of the way i task my data plan with heavy usage and unusual download anytime i see a download button , and i forgot the plan wasn't unlimited . So in other to make the data last longer you need to be mindful of how you use it . So below are some ways you can use to prolong and make your data plan last longer.

WAYS TO MAKE YOUR DATA LAST LONGER ON YOUR SMARTPHONE

1.SET A DAILY/WEEKLY DATA LIMIT
Setting a daily data limit will make you get warning from your device or turns off your data automatically when it reaches your limit/you're about encroaching more that the limit you've set , this will make you limit your usage of data if you were over tasking . To set this you can go to your setting and locate "data usage" and set cellular data limit.

2. ALWAYS RESTRICT YOUR BACKGROUND APPS
This means try as much as possible to stop unwanted apps that you're not making use of from using your data , by disabling them , this will make all apps not in used to be inactive and you will be using data on the active apps only .

3. TURN OFF DATA WHEN NOT IN USE .
Turning off data when it is not in use , all also lasten your data plan , and preventing usuage from stubborn background apps.

4. DOWNLOAD ONLY WHEN YOU NEED TO
Some people download anytime they see a download button , that isn't right , you need to download only what you need and not everything you see ,try not to always download anytime you see and download button and you'll see improvement on your data longevity .

5 . BETTER TO DOWNLOAD THAT TO STREAM
Sometime you might have a very needful video you may need to watch and you just hit up YouTube to stream , streaming burns down data fast , so it's better to get the copy of the video than stream , because sometimes network could interrupt making you restarting streaming.

There are many other ways to make your data plan last longer but i've used this above and they worked great for me , i'll advice you try them if you're having similar issues and you should be good in no time .

READ MORE :http://www.nueltech.com/2017/11/how-to-make-your-monthly-data-plan-last.html

Re: How To Make Your Monthly Data Plan Last Longer On Your Smartphone by nikoronuel(m): 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
Cc:Seun,lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

10 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Solar Energy / The Best Place To Get UK/US Used Apple Macbook Pro Laptops In Lagos/nigeria / Tweak On Getting Free Data Via This App Dent.......updated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.