Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,880 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:08 AM

Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo (78392 Views)

Photos Of Presicce, Italy Paying $25,000 To Anyone Willing To Move There / Swiss Woman Married To Anambra Guy, Compares Nigeria To Zurich- Pics / Swiss Official Wants To Stop Nigerians From Traveling Abroad Completely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by Explorers(m): 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2017
The small village of Albinen, in the stunning Canton of Valais, is now offering families handsome sums of money to move to their remote community, and we just have one question would you?

Albinen is a quiet, peaceful town with spectacular alpine views, but according to municipality president Beat Jost, families and young people are leaving in droves.

The population has dwindled to a measly 240, and the village school has even closed, forcing the community’s 7 remaining children to commute to another nearby town.

So, what’s a small villagein a rich country to do in times like these?

Pay off prospective new residents, of course.

https://www.boredpanda.com/swiss-village-albinen-living-offer-for-families-53000-pounds/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9659795455

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by Explorers(m): 7:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
The initiative is meant to attract families and people under age 45 who are seeking to buy or build a new home.

Each adult will be offered a little over $25 thousand for their time, with each child being worth about $10 thousand.

This means that a family of four could rake in more than $70 grand, provided their investment in a home totals at least $200k.

If you’re like the Russian peasant who sired 69 children with his first wife, you’d be in for over $700k.

All those mangy kids of yours might finally prove to be a return on investment.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by TWoods(m): 7:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
Just to make it clear, they are not calling on Nigerians to apply. grin

645 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by taribojacob(m): 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
The people of Edo state especially in Benin do not need to be paid to move families over to swiss village...infact we will pay them to allow us easy immigration abroad
Taribo

188 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by Ukeachu1(m): 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2017
Pls drop the application link Explorer. Is there any age restrictions

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by kocvalour(m): 7:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
i'm interested... better than this hell here

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by Modelqwen(f): 7:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
shocked

i don't need to b paid abeg.... i go move in sharp sharp.

14 Likes

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by Nimi22(f): 7:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
Explorers pls tell me when they want us to move in. I'm ready at all times.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by Ishilove: 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
TWoods:
Just to make it clear, they are not calling on Nigerians to apply. grin
Nothing can stop my country men from invading this village in their hundreds cheesy

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by tonididdy(m): 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
60% of Nigerians go flood that place

15 Likes

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by Explorers(m): 7:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
The mountain side village in Switzerland is rolling out a bold new way to jump-start the local economy.

4 Likes

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by bright007(f): 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2017
OK
Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by JamesReacher(m): 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
undecided Why do they need people to migrate there after hundreds emmigrated from there? I'm not doing

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by sotall(m): 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2017
Time to port to Switzerland.....

1 Like

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by nerilove(m): 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2017
why did the people emigrated? maybe the area is not economically viable. But we Nigerians can survive in any condition.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by isan(m): 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2017
Packing my bag already

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by DiegoNakel(m): 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2017
O Boi This One Loud Ooo

3 Likes

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by dfrost: 9:03pm On Nov 24, 2017
cheesy grin. Funny. Some people want to run away from their village, others want people to come to their village.

6 Likes

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by michlins(m): 9:07pm On Nov 24, 2017
Please am willing to move in with my unborn generations. Just how to get there

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by t00dugged(f): 9:16pm On Nov 24, 2017
The place seems cool, wouldn't mind settling there,so long as it is not prone to earth quake or volcanic eruptions

7 Likes

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by oseiwe(m): 9:17pm On Nov 24, 2017
Explorers:
The small village of Albinen, in the stunning Canton of Valais, is now offering families handsome sums of money to move to their remote community, and we just have one question would you?

Albinen is a quiet, peaceful town with spectacular alpine views, but according to municipality president Beat Jost, families and young people are leaving in droves.

The population has dwindled to a measly 240, and the village school has even closed, forcing the community’s 7 remaining children to commute to another nearby town.

So, what’s a small villagein a rich country to do in times like these?

Pay off prospective new residents, of course.

https://www.boredpanda.com/swiss-village-albinen-living-offer-for-families-53000-pounds/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9659795455
Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Pls, do you know where the swiss embassy is located in Nigeria? I have already contacted locals to look for a space for me.

8 Likes

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by claremont(m): 9:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
There is a precondition - ''Payouts will only be made to families willing to spend over £151,925 buying a house, and anyone who moves away after less than ten years will be forced to hand back the cash.''

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by Nbote(m): 9:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
And yet village people here will b pursuing u up and dan once u start moulding block... They will pursue u all d way to d far away town u live in to make sure u're suffering well. No b fellow village ppl b dis?? Abeg even if na their evil forest I'll manage

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 24, 2017
Loool some comments grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by Sexytemi(f): 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2017
Omo na to go start to born ogringringringrin

But on a more serious note, why would the be willing to pay people just to live in an area....I dont trust the western world, something is definitely fishy.

8 Likes

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by blueheart(m): 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2017
How do we get there? angry angry

Just raising our hopes for nothing embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by Promismike(m): 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
Ehh
Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
I'm definitely in. Don't matter if it's their evil forest, shrine or mountain top I'll be told to reside.

4 Likes

Re: Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo by free2ryhme: 10:03pm On Nov 24, 2017
we no go

human organ harvesters alert

we like our Nigeria as e be

grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Entry To Delta State Blocked. No Movement ( Photos) / Bus Conductor Sanitizes Passengers Before Boarding Danfo Bus (photo) / 10 States In Nigeria Where Pidgin-English Is Most Spoken (written In Pidgin)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.