Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? (10008 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / Career Capital - How To Gain A Promotion While Others Are Sacked Post COVID-19 / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by jetroolowole(m): 2:15pm On Nov 25, 2017
Steve Jobs. J.K. Rowling. Walt Disney. Oprah. What do all these famous people have in common? They’ve all been fired.

If you’re currently staring at your own pink slip – or anticipating one in the near future, what will you do?

Freak Out
Sign a severance agreement
Cut down finances
File for unemployment benefits
Beg for one last shot
Look for any job
Take a gig job
Start sending out resumes instantly
Start a business
Take a trip
Fall back to your 2nd income
Leave a message below
Non of the above

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by bodejohn(m): 3:00pm On Nov 25, 2017
Begin to prepare for the inevitable now...
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by jetroolowole(m): 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2017
bodejohn:
Begin to prepare for the inevitable now...
Ha ha I deliberately leave that options out now. But it's sure the best way to go

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by tbliss22(m): 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
jetroolowole:
Steve Jobs. J.K. Rowling. Walt Disney. Oprah. What do all these famous people have in common? They’ve all been fired.

If you’re currently staring at your own pink slip – or anticipating one in the near future, what will you do?

Freak Out
Cut down finances
Beg for one last shot
Look for any job
Take a gig job
Start a business
Take a trip
Leave a message below
Non of the above

How I wish 99.9% off our gainfully employed youth can think towards such direction. No mater what my 3 to 4 passive income must be running even till I die.

No time!!

5 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by jetroolowole(m): 5:28am On Nov 26, 2017
tbliss22:

How I wish 99.9% off our gainfully employed youth can think towards such direction. No mater what my 3 to 4 passive income must be running even till I die.

No time!!
Surely passive income should be the ultimate objective for any serious person
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by lavendae(m): 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2017
I got fired on friday , no benefit after one year working with the organization, i worked out the gate confused and almost crying, got home ,went to church on sunday 'living faith church 'got a new job on monday

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by jetroolowole(m): 6:10am On Nov 29, 2017
lavendae:
I got fired on friday , no benefit after one year working with the organization, i worked out the gate confused and almost crying, got home ,went to church on sunday 'living faith church 'got a new job on monday
Congrats to you. Sounds like a movie but not everyone has that opportunity

14 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by trustibk1(m): 7:04am On Nov 29, 2017
The thing goes skrrrahh, pap, pap, ka-ka-ka Skidiki-pap-pap, and a pu-pu-pudrrrr-boom Skya, du-du-ku-ku-dun-dun Poom, poom,man's never hot
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

In other news

I buy/convert Itunes gift card from $10-$100 denominations, USA, CANADA, GERMANY, IRELAND, FRANCE GIFT CARDS I WILL BUY iTunes Amazon gift card (with cash receipt), Vanilla visa gift card (with cash receipt), Steam wallet gift cards, P laystation network gift card, Googleplay gift cards, ebay gift cards, Walmart gift card (with cash receipt), Bestbuy gift cards, Target gift cards. (All I WILL BUY @ SEXY RATES) AND Funds TRANSFER INTO Any BANK IN NIGERIA WITHING MINUTES this is 100% Genuine Digital Marketing. FEAR NOT YOU AR IN SAFE HANDS Tested & Trusted, certified and legit buyer CONTACT AND WHATSAPP : 081.60.9422.10 my rate is getting interesting... trade your cards now for fast cash out a trial will convince you!!,i assure you,you won't regret dealing with me

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 29, 2017
I'll fall back on my "side job". Very dangerous to reply on one source of income in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Christane: 7:04am On Nov 29, 2017
.first i will cum bak up ..analysis d situation 4 a week or two to get myself bak 2geda ..then go job hunting ....cus wen dz z lyf d z hope ..and God z preparing u 4 great things ahead ...

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by coolie1: 7:05am On Nov 29, 2017
what do you expect me to do go and sleep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by deebrain(m): 7:05am On Nov 29, 2017
Its the era of private business. Sacking is more of a motivation to start your own thing.

Even those doing big full time oil sector jobs dey follow us drag bet9ja, bulk sms, recharge cards, chicken farms and the likes now...

Anyone relying on only his paid employment in this country as it is, deserves a statue in imo state.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Tattooboy: 7:05am On Nov 29, 2017
Well, i got a call from a friend that a customer complained about a horrible service I gave him. The implication of this can be really bad. Expecting my query today. I always try to be nice to all customers, but I know it hasn't been 100%.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by BruncleZuma: 7:05am On Nov 29, 2017
If it was necessary I'd move my pet goldfish and non-company related Kaya and leave.

But if it was uncalled for and unfair.

I will move all my files into my hard-drive format the computer and leave.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by ladeb: 7:06am On Nov 29, 2017
protest
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:07am On Nov 29, 2017
by who na? cool

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 29, 2017
Na die be dat o. Dont wanna think about it

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 29, 2017
Relocate from this country immediately sad I ain't got time to be unemployed here

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Oyiboman69: 7:08am On Nov 29, 2017
Life is full of n irregularities
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by newoffer: 7:08am On Nov 29, 2017
Go straight to the market, stock my food bank. eat n sleep for a week to relieve stress. Don't kill yourself over a job. Relax n rebrand

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by obajoey(m): 7:09am On Nov 29, 2017
Home is where the heart is. Go home and relax. Start a new life.
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Ugoeze2016: 7:09am On Nov 29, 2017
Travel and sleep more
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by MhizzAJ(f): 7:09am On Nov 29, 2017
How can someone have only one source of income in this zoo...
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by PointZerom: 7:10am On Nov 29, 2017
I fired myself since 2006 and set up my own business. It pays to be a boss.

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by trustibk1(m): 7:11am On Nov 29, 2017
ladeb:
protest
Tattooboy:
Ok
deebrain:
Hmmm
Tattooboy:
Ok

Space bookers on nairaland . .
grin.
When your mates dey book space for lekki
And bananna...
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by kay29000(m): 7:13am On Nov 29, 2017
Start a business
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by trustibk1(m): 7:13am On Nov 29, 2017
jetroolowole:

Freak Out
Cut down finances
Beg for one last shot
Look for any job
Take a gig job
Start a business
Take a trip
Leave a message below
Non of the above

i can't get sacked or fired cause I am the boss of myself

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Originality007: 7:14am On Nov 29, 2017
what is the diff btw sacked and fired?

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by vowel(m): 7:14am On Nov 29, 2017
Nothing is permanent so i believe having dat mindset i need to have an alternative,mayb going into buying n selling business or travel out to chill somewia to hv a rethink on way forward

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Skullminers: 7:14am On Nov 29, 2017
I will start my period business that will be able to compete with my ex-employees in the trade market......

The best revenge is Optimum Success....
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by PointZerom: 7:15am On Nov 29, 2017
yeyerolling:
Na die be dat o. Dont wanna think about it

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by jaxxy(m): 7:16am On Nov 29, 2017
Tell my Ex boss to kiss my a$$

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advise Me: What Is The Best Course A Female Philosophy Graduate Do At Masters? / How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer / 5 Major Keys To Being The Perfect Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.