Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... (32816 Views)

Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 18 Years Of Marriage / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 8 Years Of Waiting / Nigerian Man Celebrates As His Friend Becomes A Father After 11 Years Of Waiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 25, 2017
Dear Nairalanders: I Need Your Matured Advice.

I Don't Need To Create A Different Moniker Coz Life Is Unfair.

Take Time To Read And Offer Your Best Advice.

Since I Was Born, I Know My Father Exist But Sadly, I Don't Know His Whereabout For The Past 24yrs.

ABOUT MY FATHER.

My Father Studied Abroad, Graduated With 1st Class Honours (comes with an Award and Cash Prize). He Came Back And Employed By Rivers State Govt. After Some Time, The Award/Prize Came From Switzerland. He Was Informed. Those Who Received n Was In charge Declared Him Dead. He Name Was Removed From Voucher, And They Wanted To Kill Him.

From Some Books I Saw He Wrote, He Was Referred To As "Dr.", Working 2wards His "Professorship".

My Mom Told Me That He Wrote To Ex President Jonathan, And He (Jonathan) Assigned Some Govt Officials, They Were Invited To Abuja, And After That Nothing Was Done.

I Don't Know How He Feeds, Cloth Or Where He Resides (Exact Location).

FAST TRACK TO 2017.

After Graduating In 2016, My Family Members Pressured Me To Search For Him If He Was Still Alive. As The Only Child, I Need No Other Alternative Than To The Needful.

I Started The Journey From Rivers State To Abuja, With The Help Of Some Unknown Person's In Abuja. I Pleaded With Him To Come Home, And Those Persons Assisted Me And He Came Home.

We Had Our 1st Family Meeting, Which I Promise To Handle The Issue In A More Diplomatic Way With The Assistance Of Some People I Discussed With.

I Started Working With Those Men, We Scheduled A Date To See The Ex Governor Of Rivers State (Ex Gov. Omehia). Dear Nairalanders, Just Some Weeks To The Date, My Father Ran Back To Abuja.

I Was Disappointed. I Swept Bitterly. This Man Doesn't Know How His Only Child Eat, Cloth, Or How I Managed Throughout My Days As An Undergraduate, And More Importantly, The Past 24yrs.

My Mom Is Suffering - Emotionally And Otherwise.

How Can I Handle This Situation?

Have I Not Tried My Best?

I Am More Than Confused.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:38pm On Nov 25, 2017
He needs deliverance or atleast counselling

But ur story isn't complete ...1.Addax gave ur dad scholarship, 2. Who wanted him dead 3. Did ur mum or dad remarry etc

Before you do reconciliation understand what happened to him properly was it arrow from the village? Did he see someone who was part of those that wanted him dead? Or did the place remind him of his past that he couldn't bear etc when you get all or some of these then you can reconcile the family

N/B
Omehia was never a governor of Rivers state legally speaking the 3 months he served was stolen from Amaechi and as such is seen as part of Amaechi's tenure

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:

Omehia was never a governor of Rivers state legally speaking the 3 months he served was stolen from Amaechi and as such is seen as part of Amaechi's tenure

Counseling Someone Who Doesn't Take Or Listen To Advice? Bro, If It's For Counselling, Many Family Friends Have Tries Their Best.

He Ran Back To Abuja To Continue His Search For His Award And Cash Prize, Which He Was Counseled To Forget And Start A Fresh/New.

1 Like

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 25, 2017
If he says there are attempt by unknown people to assisinate him, which could be true considering the political unrest in Rivers state as at that time, you should ask him to allow you and your mom to visit him once in while. After all, he still remain your father. So, when you are with him in Abuja you would be able to know more about him.

5 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by wunmi590(m): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't know what to say to your situation, but I know majority of nairalanders are very intelligent. To help you out on what next to do.

2 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by soberdrunk(m): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
I don't understand, what is he doing in Abuja? Does he have another family? The story is not well told.....

35 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Ermacc: 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
sorry bro, but there's so much gap and very little detail from which advise can be dished out. All the best

36 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by kullozone(m): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
Hmm
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Akin1212(m): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
From the story you just told us, it's certain you don't KNOW your father. You only met him and heard about him.

As a man, go and meet him in Abuja and hear his story, stop dancing to the tunes of your family members who want him back home.

And again, stop dragging him back to where he ran from. It's his life they want not yours.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by miqos03: 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
nice
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
This issue weak me

1 Like

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by kingzjay(m): 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2017
Quite pathetic though! I feel your pains. In as much as you're trying your best, do not rule out prayers. God can soften his heart.

It is well. Just don't let this deter you. Be strong and courage. Above all, never give up

2 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by idyicy45: 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2017
this story get as e be oh

24 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by BruncleZuma: 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2017
shocked
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by free2ryhme: 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:
Dear Nairalanders: I Need Your Matured Advice.

I Don't Need To Create A Different Moniker Coz Life Is Unfair.

Take Time To Read And Offer Your Best Advice.

Since I Was Born, I Know My Father Exist But Sadly, I Don't Know His Whereabout For The Past 24yrs.

ABOUT MY FATHER.

My Father Studied Abroad, Graduated With 1st Class Honours (comes with an Award and Cash Prize). He Came Back And Employed By Rivers State Govt. After Some Time, The Award/Prize Came From Switzerland. He Was Informed. Those Who Received n Was In charge Declared Him Dead. He Name Was Removed From Voucher, And They Wanted To Kill Him.

From Some Books I Saw He Wrote, He Was Referred To As "Dr.", Working 2wards His "Professorship".

My Mom Told Me That He Wrote To Ex President Jonathan, And He (Jonathan) Assigned Some Govt Officials, They Were Invited To Abuja, And After That Nothing Was Done.

I Don't Know How He Feeds, Cloth Or Where He Resides (Exact Location).

FAST TRACK TO 2017.

After Graduating In 2016, My Family Members Pressured Me To Search For Him If He Was Still Alive. As The Only Child, I Need No Other Alternative Than To The Needful.

I Started The Journey From Rivers State To Abuja, With The Help Of Some Unknown Person's In Abuja. I Pleaded With Him To Come Home, And Those Persons Assisted Me And He Came Home.

We Had Our 1st Family Meeting, Which I Promise To Handle The Issue In A More Diplomatic Way With The Assistance Of Some People I Discussed With.

I Started Working With Those Men, We Scheduled A Date To See The Ex Governor Of Rivers State (Ex Gov. Omehia). Dear Nairalanders, Just Some Weeks To The Date, My Father Ran Back To Abuja.

I Was Disappointed. I Swept Bitterly. This Man Doesn't Know How His Only Child Eat, Cloth, Or How I Managed Throughout My Days As An Undergraduate, And More Importantly, The Past 24yrs.

My Mom Is Suffering - Emotionally And Otherwise.

How Can I Handle This Situation?

Have I Not Tried My Best?

I Am More Than Confused.

Story incoherent I can't place exactly what it is as you have deliberately left out some vital details

36 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2017
I'll think about it!
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by caslord(m): 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by stonecoldcafe: 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2017
What a story bro. So sorry but I believe you need to put yourself in your dad's shoes.

Who wants him dead? What did he do or refuse to do? Are his fears valid? Have you confirmed this from his family and friends? Is it a case of village arrow or hallucination brought on by a medical condition? If his fears are valid, then allow him be in his spot at Abuja. I mean, if someone wants a man dead and he strongly believes this, taking him to that spot or state is worsening things.

Go and visit your dad in Abuja once in a while. Let the man be at peace and you too learn to give yourself peace. If he didn't take care of you since and you are standing tall then trust me, you'll be fine. Don't worry about what he didn't do these past years. You are lucky you even found your dad. Some die without knowing a thing. Give yourself rest I say again.

God bless you bro

11 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by johnstar(m): 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
Na wao
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
Eleyin deep oo

1 Like

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by AZeD1(m): 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
What exactly do you need him for?

I don't want to sound rude or insensitive but you've survived 24 years without him, he also doesn't seem interested in reconnecting with you guys so please forgive my ignorance.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Aristotle96(m): 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
miqos03:
nice
bruhhh are you sure you even read the first three lines at all? kiss

2 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by sonnie10: 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
Too much book is bad. He lost his social life skills in the process.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Rinsola32(f): 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
dayo2me:

If he says there are attempt by unknown people to assisinate him, which could be true considering the political unrest in Rivers state as at that time, you should ask him to allow you and your mom to visit him once in while. After all, he still remain your father. So, when you are with him in Abuja you would be able to know more about him.

As dayo2me as said, try and ask if he can allow you and your mum see him in Abuja so you can get to understand what is causing the problems. (That's if he doesn't have another family there)

Best of luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by tosyne2much(m): 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
This story is confusing because I don't think people need to sit your father down and beg him to take responsibility of his own family. Are you sure your dad is not even married to another woman?

Is he mentally stable? [/i]

1 Like

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Lexusgs430: 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2017
Have you found out what he is doing in Abuja ? Rather than just yanking him away from his present place of comfort, you have to work and walk with him...........

Just uprooting someone after 24 years, is not an easy something ...............

You probably need professional help and not just people that would attach sentiments and emotions to this issue ........

4 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Etianwanokon: 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:

But ur story isn't complete ...1.Addax gave ur dad scholarship, 2. Who wanted him dead 3. Did ur mum or dad remarry etc

Before you do reconciliation understand what happened to him properly was it arrow from the village? Did he see someone who was part of those that wanted him dead? Or did the place remind him of his past that he couldn't bear etc when you get all or some of these then you can reconcile the family

N/B
I love this response. The man needs deliverance. He is being manipulated.

1 Like

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by bastien: 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
I dint know what to say... But from your story, I think he is running away from something, maybe ex politicians or current politicians in rivers.... Since you know where you can find him I'm Abuja, you can still go there to know more about him, especially why he is afraid of rivers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by africanusvu(m): 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
Frankly bros.ur story is confusing. Many things ar mising

2 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Bondesniger(m): 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
I smell spiritual bulhit

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It's My 16th Wedding Anniversary, 16 Years Since I Married My Best Friend. / Joseph Blankson: An Unsung Hero Who Died Rescuing 13 Victims Of A Boat Accident / Journalist In Syria Explains Why He Still Washes Dishes After Marrying 3 Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.