Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,956 members, 7,799,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami (17763 Views)

Ippis Enrollment: ASUU Slams Agf, Ahmed Idris, Says He Couldn't Pass Ican Exam / I Didn't Buy N187m Official Vehicle, Sanwo-olu Replies PDP / Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by bumi10(m): 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2017
Following the allegation leveled against him, human rights lawyer, Femi Falana has denied ever buying any property in Maitama District, Abuja, from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Recall that the Attorney-General of the federation (AGF), Abubakar Malami was reported to have said the property worth N1 billion was sold to “a Lagos lawyer”. The property said to have been recovered by the presidential task force on pension reform, was linked to Abdulrasheed Maina, who is currently wanted by the EFCC.

According to Falana (SAN)

In a statement on Saturday, Malami said he never bought any property from the EFCC. He added that the house in question was one of the assets used to collateralize a loan obtained from Bank PHB by A Group Properties “over 10 years ago”.

“Hence, I have decided to join issues with Malami over his false claim that the EFCC had sold the property in question to me.” “Contrary to Malami’s claim I never bought any property from the EFCC”.

“He (Malami) would also have found that the property is a subject matter of a suit which is currently pending before the federal high court sitting at Abuja. (See Suit No /2015 between Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria v A Group Properties Limited).

“The suit was instituted by AMCON due to the failure of the company to liquidate the loan. In granting the ex parte application filed by AMCON in the matter the court ordered an interim forfeiture of the assets of A Group Properties Limited including No 42, Gana Street, Maitama District, Abuja. The said order was granted on November 11, 2015.

“However, in a bid to pay the loan, A Group Properties Limited decided to sell some of the properties. The sale of the property in question to me was made subject to the setting aside of the order of interim forfeiture which had been obtained by AMCON.

“Up till now, the case has not been concluded as the parties have asked for time to resolve the dispute amicably and file terms of settlement. To that extent, the transaction on the property remains inchoate.”

“Having regard to the facts and circumstances of this case, Maina’s allegation that the management of the EFCC sold the property at No 42, Gana Street, Maitama District, Abuja or any property to me is a figment of his fecund imagination for mischief.”

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/11/i-didnt-buy-any-property-in-maitama.html

L

5 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by merit455(m): 6:34pm On Nov 25, 2017
Who do we believe?

7 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
Right. You bought it in the name of a family member.

5 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by EazyMoh(m): 6:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
This Malami is grossly incompetent. PMB shall tread carefully, incompetent appointees ruined GEJ.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by seunmsg(m): 6:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
jerseyboy:
Right. You bought it in the name of a family member.

Read and understand before commenting. He bought the property legally from the owner, A group properties limited and not from EFCC as alleged by Malami and Maina.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by TANTUMERGO007(m): 6:43pm On Nov 25, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
seunmsg:

Read and understand before commenting. He bought the property legally from the owner, A group properties limited and not from EFCC as alleged by Malami.

All na arrangee. All na stealing. Him too be thief.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Paperwhite(m): 6:47pm On Nov 25, 2017
Well Malami said it-the beneficiaries from the "Pension Scam Syndicate" cut across all strata of our national life;from the presidency,Legislators,VIPs,civil servants etc.So it won't be a surprise if Falana is one of them.So much moral burden for the APC government.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by seunmsg(m): 7:05pm On Nov 25, 2017
jerseyboy:

All na arrangee. All na stealing. Him too be thief.

Where is your proof? I will rather believe Falana's detailed statement than the falsehood of Malami. A group properties limited is a corporate entity and AMCON is a federal institution. Both organisation can publicly deny the claims of Falana if he is lying. The suit number he referenced can also be publicly confirmed.

BTW, the sale is not yet completed and I don't even think possession has passed legally to Falana as against the allegation of Malami.

20 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by slimghost(m): 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
seunmsg:

Where is your proof? I will rather believe Falana's detailed statement than the falsehood of Malami. A group properties limited is a corporate entity and AMCON is a federal institution. Both organisation can publicly deny the claims of Falana if he'd lying. The suit number he referenced can also be publicly confirmed. BTW, the sale is not yet completed and I don't even think possession has passed legally to Falana as against the allegation of Malami.

Is it not clear enough that Malami is a highly compromised idiot? why is Saint Buhari still keeping the criminal?

29 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by LadyExcellency: 7:57pm On Nov 25, 2017
Who gave Falana one billion naira.

May be, he is one of the thieves.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by magoo10(m): 8:06pm On Nov 25, 2017
It is very possible that falana bought the properties, what his problem will be right now is how to explain to Nigerians where he got #1billion naira from which he used in buying the said properties.

We are used to all these lies and counter lies from shameless elites masquerading to be fighting for the common man while they collect "egunje" in cash and sometimes "kind" at the back. This denial and counter denial is a proof that there is truth in the accusations,very soon the matter will die down quietly.

21 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Achuwa1(m): 8:24pm On Nov 25, 2017
"seunmsg" is asking for proof of falana is a thief but will not show us any proof when he calls Atiku thief.
All this Nairaland mod are too biased when it has to do with them them..

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Achuwa1(m): 8:24pm On Nov 25, 2017
Of= if

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by lordkush: 8:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
thhe agf that reinstated a fugitive, a thief?
yea right.

6 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Zanas: 9:16pm On Nov 25, 2017
Falana messed himself up when he started gallivanting with this APC politicians. He should expect more of this. Gani was never tainted with this kind of rubbish. Falana has betrayed the cause he and Gani fought for. He is nothing more than just another member of the paddy paddy caucus in Nigeria now

17 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by englishmart(m): 9:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
Make una comot here. Little children

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by seunmsg(m): 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
magoo10:
It is very possible that falana bought the properties, what his problem will be right now is how to explain to Nigerians where he got #1billion naira from which he used in buying the said properties.

We are used to all these lies and counter lies from shameless elites masquerading to be fighting for the common man while they collect "egunje" in cash and sometimes "kind" at the back. This denial and counter denial is a proof that there is truth in the accusations,very soon the matter will die down quietly.

The way some of you reason really baffles me. So, a very successful lawyer of Falana's standing cannot acquire a property of N1billion?

The N1billion figure was mentioned by the AGF and not Falana so, we really can't accept it as the true sales value of the property.

9 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by wildcatter23(m): 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
Well well.

Abeg check my signature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by BruncleZuma: 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Macgreat(m): 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
angry
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by seunmsg(m): 9:38pm On Nov 25, 2017
Achuwa1:
"seunmsg" is asking for proof of falana is a thief but will not show us any proof when he calls Atiku thief.
All this Nairaland mod are too biased when it has to do with them them..

Falana has never occupied a public office before while Atiku was a career custom officer before retiring and then serving as vice president.

7 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by ofuonyebi: 9:41pm On Nov 25, 2017
behind evey lie of a malami and maina...there is a truth behind falana's lie and confusion over corrupt allegations..

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by magoo10(m): 9:41pm On Nov 25, 2017
grin
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by UncleJudax(m): 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
seunmsg:

Falana has never occupied a public office before while Atiku was a career custom officer before retiring and then serving as vice president.
Only public servants are thieves?

12 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by magoo10(m): 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
seunmsg:

The way some of you reason really baffles me. So, a very successful lawyer of Falana's standing cannot acquire a property of N1billion?

The N1billion figure was mentioned by the AGF and not Falana so, we really can't accept it as the true sales value of the property.
the way you defend someone who has been fingered in corruption without proof baffles me. I put it to you that falana bought that property knowingly or unknowingly and it was as a result of the usual corrupt practices within the Nigerian system.

17 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by veacea: 9:45pm On Nov 25, 2017
Drama

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by nairavsdollars(f): 9:45pm On Nov 25, 2017
Falana is lying

7 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by enemyofprogress: 9:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
May be he boughted it for his sun falz

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Alexgeneration(m): 9:47pm On Nov 25, 2017
He should have waited for the case to be concluded before paying for the property.

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by cyberguy72(m): 9:48pm On Nov 25, 2017
EazyMoh:
This Malami is grossly incompetent. PMB shall tread carefully, incompetent appointees ruined GEJ.
Buhari is already ruined and the Dullard doesnt even realise that.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: Anybody Above 60 Should Go And Rest Peacefully – Yerima / Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 / Zulum Excludes Christians From Fg's N3billion Palliatives – Centre For Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.