Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,248 members, 7,780,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:45 PM

Mending Fences (romance) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mending Fences (romance) (76439 Views)

Poem - Mending Hearts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by bimberry1307(f): 2:22am On Mar 02, 2018
thanks baby, more please.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by deso80: 8:33am On Mar 02, 2018
Safarigirl, This is Superb!!!

Always forward to my email box:lukman83199@gmail.com
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Dohyn3(f): 10:46am On Mar 02, 2018
Nice update.
We made frontpage! grin
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by harjibolar10(m): 8:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
Well, I was part of those fans of yours that read "In memory alone", and you know what? I wasn't disappointed.

This time around, I have this strong feelings, that I'm not going to be let down.

However, Harjibolar is around, let the story kontunu

I needn't tell you again, that you have a wonderful piece here dear...

1 Like

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by teel123(f): 5:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
safarigirl, my first tym of reading your piece. You got brain. more effort n please let the update be consistent so that the drill n excitement will be there. please recommend your other stories. You got skills
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by ekydel09(f): 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2018
shocked
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by queenitee(f): 10:08pm On Mar 06, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 7:48am On Mar 12, 2018
Good morning oo, abeg who dey aoz ooo
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by LilySopi(f): 10:58am On Mar 15, 2018
Please update
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 11:14am On Mar 15, 2018
Maami abeg comaupdate ooo, hope u are Good sha? Nd u fit reason us wetin dey happen. Maybe busy tinz, Make we no
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 12:34pm On Mar 15, 2018
skubido:
Maami abeg comaupdate ooo, hope u are Good sha? Nd u fit reason us wetin dey happen. Maybe busy tinz, Make we no
I was occupied the last weeks, though I started the update

I'm still working on it, but I need to find someone with a good knowledge of Ibibio language to help with translations
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 4:09pm On Mar 15, 2018
safarigirl:
I was occupied the last weeks, though I started the update

I'm still working on it, but I need to find someone with a good knowledge of Ibibio language to help with translations

tank God u are Good. Nau u are talking. Mind rest nao. God will provide all wht u need in a miraculous way dat u don't xpect. D Lord will continue to strengthen u dmore.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Kaycee9242(m): 1:55pm On Mar 18, 2018
Safarigirl well done u are really talented
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 2:04pm On Mar 18, 2018
Kaycee9242:
Safarigirl well done u are really talented
thanks dear

Announcement Please: Anyone who has a decent knowledge of Ibibio, please, mention me. The next update is dependent on this. Thanks guys
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by teanumi(f): 2:15pm On Mar 18, 2018
sadupdate naa
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by LilySopi(f): 3:33pm On Mar 18, 2018
Na wa oo.. What if nobody sabi Ibibio here
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Yudeeaikay(f): 4:45pm On Mar 18, 2018
safarigirl:
thanks dear

Announcement Please: Anyone who has a decent knowledge of Ibibio, please, mention me. The next update is dependent on this. Thanks guys

@safarigirl, I can be of help.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2018
Yudeeaikay:

@safarigirl, I can be of help.
thanks dear, can I send you a PM?
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by bimberry1307(f): 8:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
safarigirl:
of course! send her, no need asking.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by viciati(m): 8:43am On Mar 19, 2018
I am a proud ibibio man..i speak fluently but writingg it is a bit of of an issue..if you need help i am right here..Abasi ibom enyong odiong fi..
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Yudeeaikay(f): 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2018
safarigirl:
Definitely,

Meanwhile check your inbox.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 1:43pm On Mar 20, 2018
Yudeeaikay:

Definitely,

Meanwhile check your inbox.
I've seen it, thanks a lot smiley
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 8:31pm On Mar 20, 2018
Slow down.. Women at work
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Yudeeaikay(f): 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
safarigirl:
I've seen it, thanks a lot smiley
You're welcome!
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Mobecs(f): 8:11am On Mar 30, 2018
safarigirl hope all is well.... looking forward to more updates, pls don't leave us hanging.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by teanumi(f): 6:25pm On Mar 30, 2018
wen re u updating pls
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 8:36pm On Mar 30, 2018
*Update****

Before you catch feelings.....

Chapter Five

Martha rushed back home with an excitement in her body she hadn’t felt in years, and just a little amount of fear. Today had gone far better than she had expected, but even more, she had gotten Alex to do something- and ended up further complicating her life.

She had tried to numb down on her excitement since she left the house ,but it was proving almost impossible. She felt like a teenager once again, and while that left a bubble inside her, it also made her feel a bit conscious. She didn’t want to go in over her head with this man for various reasons, not only was he totally out of her league, there was also the fact that he lived in another city entirely and would soon have to leave Abuja. When eh got back to Lagos, he would be reunited with the women there and would soon enough forget about her.

That thought was enough to douse her excitement just a little as she finally reached her house and went in. she locked up the gate and headed toward the building, where she found her father sitting in the veranda.

She slowed down her steps and smiled at her father, “Papa, mmekom o.” (Good evening)

He returned her smile, “mmekom eyen mi, idem mfo abadie?” (Good evening my daughter, how are you?)

“Idem mfo o” (I’m fine)

“Utom ake abadie?” (How was work?)

“It was fine, sir.” She responded, her smile reaching her ears when she remembered just how fine work had been today. Easily the best day of work for her since she began this job.

Her father nodded, “That’s good to hear, welcome oooh.”

“Thank you sir.” She stated once again, she made a move to walk past, and then decided to ask for her mother’s whereabouts, “Papa, where is mama?” she asked. It was only fitting that she take the success story of her latest trial to the person who had come up with the plan to begin with

“Aye mmoba ke esid ufok, I think she’s arranging some of the goods she received today.” (she’s inside)

“Okay, thank you sir.” She said, that damned grin refusing to leave her face.

Her father’s expression took on a confused form as she walked past him, “Martha.” He called just before she stepped into the house.

“Sir?”

He observed her for a while before asking, “Adodie abadie?” (Are you alright?)

She figured at that point, that her smile probably made her look a little out of it, so, she forced it back a little before responding, “Afon.” She responded.

He seemed like he wanted to ask more, but she didn’t stay any longer, to avoid whatever interrogation he had planned for her. She went into the house and headed straight for her parent’s room, giddy with excitement.

She knocked at the door and barely allowed her mother respond with her usual ‘Come in.” before bursting into the room, “Mummy, you’re a genius!” she exclaimed as soon as she was inside, she closed the door behind her and rushed to her mother’s side.

Edith looked a bit surprised at her daughter’s entrance and confused as well, “Ahn ahn, Martha, this one you are so excited, how was work?”

“He kissed me.” She blurted out.

Her mother’s eyes widened dramatically, “Ewurade!” she exclaimed as she moved the pile of Kente she had been taking stock of aside and focused on Martha, “Tell me all about it.” she said

“Well, I did as you said, paid him no attention and was as civil as you suggested. At first I thought it wasn’t working because he wasn’t flipping out on me or anything like that, then this afternoon, when I brought his father out for lunch, that’s when it happened….mama, it was so much better than I imagined. Alex is everything.”

“Calm down Juliet, no need to get all jumpy because of this man. Did he say anything to you?”

“It’s not what he said mama, it’s what he does. There’s this intensity about him, I can’t explain it, but, he doesn’t have to say much, he just does these things….” Her words flittered away, she found herself unable to describe Alex’ ways to her mother. He wasn’t like any of the men she was used to, there was no brashness in his ways. He was a man of actions and boy, did those actions make her head spin

Edith raised her brows in surprise as a smile brightened her face, “Darling, it sounds like you’re in love with this man.” She observed. She had never seen her daughter so love struck over anyone. It wasn’t like Martha to be all googly eyed over a man, she had had some crushes when she was younger, but none of them had ever been like this and she was no child.

Martha sighed and buried her face in her hand, hiding her goofy smile, “I don’t know mama, I don’t know what I feel for him. I just know I like him a little too much.”

Edith smiled and took Martha’s hand, “Well, I’m happy for you my child, and I pray you continue to have more reasons to smile and glow like this, but I want you to always remember to protect your heart. Never get too involved in your feelings especially with a man like your boss’ son who could be out of your life in a few days. I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

Those solemn words from her mother brought to fore, her own reservations about what she was feeling right now and caused her smile to falter. The truth in those words weren’t lost on her and while she wanted to live in the moment and not worry about the consequences of falling for a man who lived hundreds of kilometers away, a small part of her was still hopeful that even if Alex had to go back to Lagos, maybe, she would leave an effect strong enough to have him coming back for her.

However, for now, she nodded at her mother’s words, “I understand mama.”

****Special thanks to Yudeeaikay for the translations****

5 Likes

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 9:41pm On Mar 30, 2018
Gbam, Road don clear nau oo, no stoping again ooo.. Jst dey update dey go like say 2moro no dey.

Welcome back, tanks a lot 4d update Ma...

@yudeeaikay our translator we tanks u ooo
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by OlufemiWhit(m): 10:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
Finally.....i need go reap past updates to take understand d story sef.....Keep it up dear
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Ibunkun1(m): 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2018
cool great Update
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by OlufemiWhit(m): 10:40pm On Mar 30, 2018
OlufemiWhit:
Finally.....i need go read past updates to take understand d story sef.....Keep it up dear
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Funstel: 10:43pm On Mar 30, 2018
safarigirl:
*Update****

Before you catch feelings.....

Chapter Five

Martha rushed back home with an excitement in her body she hadn’t felt in years, and just a little amount of fear. Today had gone far better than she had expected, but even more, she had gotten Alex to do something- and ended up further complicating her life.

She had tried to numb down on her excitement since she left the house ,but it was proving almost impossible. She felt like a teenager once again, and while that left a bubble inside her, it also made her feel a bit conscious. She didn’t want to go in over her head with this man for various reasons, not only was he totally out of her league, there was also the fact that he lived in another city entirely and would soon have to leave Abuja. When eh got back to Lagos, he would be reunited with the women there and would soon enough forget about her.

That thought was enough to douse her excitement just a little as she finally reached her house and went in. she locked up the gate and headed toward the building, where she found her father sitting in the veranda.

She slowed down her steps and smiled at her father, “Papa, mmekom o.” (Good evening)

He returned her smile, “mmekom eyen mi, idem mfo abadie?” (Good evening my daughter, how are you?)

“Idem mfo o” (I’m fine)

“Utom ake abadie?” (How was work?)

“It was fine, sir.” She responded, her smile reaching her ears when she remembered just how fine work had been today. Easily the best day of work for her since she began this job.

Her father nodded, “That’s good to hear, welcome oooh.”

“Thank you sir.” She stated once again, she made a move to walk past, and then decided to ask for her mother’s whereabouts, “Papa, where is mama?” she asked. It was only fitting that she take the success story of her latest trial to the person who had come up with the plan to begin with

“Aye mmoba ke esid ufok, I think she’s arranging some of the goods she received today.” (she’s inside)

“Okay, thank you sir.” She said, that damned grin refusing to leave her face.

Her father’s expression took on a confused form as she walked past him, “Martha.” He called just before she stepped into the house.

“Sir?”

He observed her for a while before asking, “Adodie abadie?” (Are you alright?)

She figured at that point, that her smile probably made her look a little out of it, so, she forced it back a little before responding, “Afon.” She responded.

He seemed like he wanted to ask more, but she didn’t stay any longer, to avoid whatever interrogation he had planned for her. She went into the house and headed straight for her parent’s room, giddy with excitement.

She knocked at the door and barely allowed her mother respond with her usual ‘Come in.” before bursting into the room, “Mummy, you’re a genius!” she exclaimed as soon as she was inside, she closed the door behind her and rushed to her mother’s side.

Edith looked a bit surprised at her daughter’s entrance and confused as well, “Ahn ahn, Martha, this one you are so excited, how was work?”

“He kissed me.” She blurted out.

Her mother’s eyes widened dramatically, “Ewurade!” she exclaimed as she moved the pile of Kente she had been taking stock of aside and focused on Martha, “Tell me all about it.” she said

“Well, I did as you said, paid him no attention and was as civil as you suggested. At first I thought it wasn’t working because he wasn’t flipping out on me or anything like that, then this afternoon, when I brought his father out for lunch, that’s when it happened….mama, it was so much better than I imagined. Alex is everything.”

“Calm down Juliet, no need to get all jumpy because of this man. Did he say anything to you?”

“It’s not what he said mama, it’s what he does. There’s this intensity about him, I can’t explain it, but, he doesn’t have to say much, he just does these things….” Her words flittered away, she found herself unable to describe Alex’ ways to her mother. He wasn’t like any of the men she was used to, there was no brashness in his ways. He was a man of actions and boy, did those actions make her head spin

Edith raised her brows in surprise as a smile brightened her face, “Darling, it sounds like you’re in love with this man.” She observed. She had never seen her daughter so love struck over anyone. It wasn’t like Martha to be all googly eyed over a man, she had had some crushes when she was younger, but none of them had ever been like this and she was no child.

Martha sighed and buried her face in her hand, hiding her goofy smile, “I don’t know mama, I don’t know what I feel for him. I just know I like him a little too much.”

Edith smiled and took Martha’s hand, “Well, I’m happy for you my child, and I pray you continue to have more reasons to smile and glow like this, but I want you to always remember to protect your heart. Never get too involved in your feelings especially with a man like your boss’ son who could be out of your life in a few days. I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

Those solemn words from her mother brought to fore, her own reservations about what she was feeling right now and caused her smile to falter. The truth in those words weren’t lost on her and while she wanted to live in the moment and not worry about the consequences of falling for a man who lived hundreds of kilometers away, a small part of her was still hopeful that even if Alex had to go back to Lagos, maybe, she would leave an effect strong enough to have him coming back for her.

However, for now, she nodded at her mother’s words, “I understand mama.”

****Special thanks to Yudeeaikay for the translations****

nice one... more update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kukere Sisters: Episode 1 / These 5 Books Helped Me The Most In Life. Let Me See Yours. By Ilegend / The Devils Touch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.